Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby adnj » June 1st, 2022, 9:15 am

bluefete wrote:
88sins wrote:dem done make loopholes to allow them to exempt them and their people from the start. that's nothing new.

I hope allyuh understand, is ALWAYS the small man who gets squeezed, and they not going to stop until what's left of the working middle class is made extinct.

Nail on head there 88sins, nail on head!

When they could seize your property after 16 years of non-payment, yup. The law allows for this to happen by them not placing your property on the system.

Real people will be bawling when the true effects of that law takes place.

If the property is also unoccupied.

bluefete wrote:45. (1) Any land which for a period of sixteen years has
been unoccupied and unassessed, and upon which during such
period, no taxes have been paid, shall be liable to be forfeited to
the State.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=685417&start=3090#p10282362

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 1st, 2022, 11:01 am

at first glance it seems like a play on adverse possession of private property

that way one can easily argue that it was occupied for some period during that 16 years, as evidenced by payment of utility bills and some minimal level of maintenance

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 1st, 2022, 12:07 pm

So, u see Farris romping, clearing bush all over the place, scoping out where have vacant lots all over to swipe...
Plenty unattended places in towns.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 1st, 2022, 12:09 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:at first glance it seems like a play on adverse possession of private property

that way one can easily argue that it was occupied for some period during that 16 years, as evidenced by payment of utility bills and some minimal level of maintenance
The problem is that u have to pick up ur self and go to court for sumting that would not have been an issue normally.
Just making wuk fur people to do...

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 1st, 2022, 12:26 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:at first glance it seems like a play on adverse possession of private property

i know someone who has a hill - yes the entire hill in lopinot. no work being done on it, just a few visits a years to make sure no squatters there . is that unoccupied? how are u proving occupation?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 1st, 2022, 1:05 pm

death365 wrote:

i know someone who has a hill - yes the entire hill in lopinot. no work being done on it, just a few visits a years to make sure no squatters there . is that unoccupied? how are u proving occupation?

Even if he built a small dwelling on it, he would now have to prove that he occupying not just the part where he built on, but all the unattended property surrounding it as well.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 23rd, 2022, 2:34 pm

For those interested:

Raymond & Pierre together with the Henley Business School Caribbean Alumni.

We're excited to extend an invitation for you to attend a "NO OR KNOW PROPERTY TAX" Webinar!

Join us for an exciting and informative "No or Know Property Tax" Webinar on Tuesday July 26th at 7:30 p.m.!

Considering the current Property Tax situation, ambiguity of the transition from the Land and Building System to the new system, we have taken the opportunity to provide clarity to our to make informed decisions.

Please Note: Use the name Erica Banfield-Moore for this field: "Enter the name of the Alumnus who invited you"(Compulsory for Non Alumni)

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 23rd, 2022, 2:44 pm

Please Note: Use the name Erica Banfield-Moore for this field: "Enter the name of the Alumnus who invited you"(Compulsory for Non Alumni)

i putting jackie hoff

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 23rd, 2022, 3:32 pm

As far as I'm concerned that jackass Assfart Rambone can go screw himself.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » July 23rd, 2022, 9:09 pm

The_Honourable wrote:For those interested:

We're excited to extend an invitation for you to attend a "NO OR KNOW PROPERTY TAX" Webinar!

Join us for an exciting and informative "No or Know Property Tax" Webinar on Tuesday July 26th at 7:30 p.m.!

Considering the current Property Tax situation, ambiguity of the transition from the Land and Building System to the new system, we have taken the opportunity to provide clarity to our to make informed decisions.

Smells of pnm,

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 23rd, 2022, 9:13 pm

Kickstart wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:For those interested:

Smells of pnm,

hey zoom rader, hush yuh mouth.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 24th, 2022, 6:50 am

Reeks of PNM

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 24th, 2022, 7:22 am

timelapse wrote:Reeks of PNM

You mean stinks..

But observe, that for all the bs he spewed over the years about this property tax, one thing he NOT talking about is what benefit if any there is to be gained to the property or the owner for paying said property tax, or how one can ensure that one or ones property can receive any benefits from said property tax. He will NEVER talk about that, because he knows that the population knows that doesn't exist and probably never will.
Heard from a source inside the pee-on-em camp that he has aspirations to get into politics. Time will tell if that's true, but it looking like it is as of up to now

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 24th, 2022, 7:45 am

88sins wrote:
timelapse wrote:Reeks of PNM

You mean stinks..

But observe, that for all the bs he spewed over the years about this property tax, one thing he NOT talking about is what benefit if any there is to be gained to the property or the owner for paying said property tax, or how one can ensure that one or ones property can receive any benefits from said property tax. He will NEVER talk about that, because he knows that the population knows that doesn't exist and probably never will.
Heard from a source inside the pee-on-em camp that he has aspirations to get into politics. Time will tell if that's true, but it looking like it is as of up to now

Once the property tax goes into the Consolidated Fund, consider it gone. LFD RFD PNM thievery under the guise of improvement.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 17th, 2022, 9:16 pm

Allyuh want to cuss and run the field assessors? Well TTPS will be involved

(Click the photo to enlarge)
Attachments
307643969_453838036786722_4993174562370032062_n.jpg

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2022, 11:16 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Allyuh want to cuss and run the field assessors? Well TTPS will be involved

(Click the photo to enlarge)

nothing unexpected there.

But here's the kicker

Even though according to the manure legislation they working under they are authorized by the state to assess people's property, they CANNOT enter your property without your consent. To do so would qualify as trespassing, which is a criminal offense. Remember, your property is still private property, and short of ttps with a warrant or exigent circumstances or being call, you alone have the sole jurisdiction over who enters into your property.

So, when they come, they can assess all they see, from the outside, and only ask about what's on the inside, and if you don't answer they cannot enter to look at what you have to satisfy their questions and will have to go by the information you supplied on the forms you submitted.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » September 17th, 2022, 11:46 pm

Imagine they do nearly the entirety of sando and point fortin in south, and now that they moving out to the less populated areas, the police letters get leaked. Alyuh getting taken for a ride jed, letters like these for other areas going out since May this year.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 18th, 2022, 9:26 am

Still eh submit sheit.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 18th, 2022, 9:34 am

De Dragon wrote:Still eh submit sheit.
Neither have I, I waiting patiently on the criminal charge and the 20k fine....I not signing up any forms, that making me feel I doing their wuk.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 18th, 2022, 10:53 am

hover11 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Still eh submit sheit.
Neither have I, I waiting patiently on the criminal charge and the 20k fine....I not signing up any forms, that making me feel I doing their wuk.

My reason is that I refuse to comply with a non-transparent, patently stupid and ill conceived system. If you tell me my Regional Corp., which is responsible for my area, is getting the revenue, fine. Until then, Imbert (who exempted his stink hypocritical, lying self from said tax) and JUHN Scarfy and the entire LFD RFD PNM can HDMC!

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 22nd, 2022, 11:28 pm

For those interested...

Afra Raymond participated in this Property Tax webinar on Tuesday, 26 July 2022 for the Henley Business School, Caribbean Alumni Chapter. “Considering the current Property Tax situation, ambiguity of the transition from the Land and Building System to the new system, we have taken the opportunity to provide clarity to our Alumni community and invited participants to make informed decisions.”

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 23rd, 2022, 9:13 am

The_Honourable wrote:For those interested...

Afra Raymond participated in this Property Tax webinar on Tuesday, 26 July 2022 for the Henley Business School, Caribbean Alumni Chapter. “Considering the current Property Tax situation, ambiguity of the transition from the Land and Building System to the new system, we have taken the opportunity to provide clarity to our Alumni community and invited participants to make informed decisions.”

I don't think people have a problem paying any house tax .

The problem is where is this money going ?
We already have pnm minsters saying that can use the money for other things rather than your area. Also the valuation is not fair to place a rentable value on your house that you already paid stamp duty on. Plus taxing you on your household items suck as your furnishings and fixtures.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 23rd, 2022, 10:30 am

Plenty ppl have a problem with this tax, because it essentially penalizes property owners for investing in and improving the value of their property.

Look at it like this
When you build and finish and furnish your house, you paying vat on literally everything you buy. And you want the most value for money, and as much luxury as you want and can afford. So you install tanks and a water pump to ensure you have running water in time when wasa playing up, and a/c so when it's hot you can stay cool and comfortable.

And you are now to be forced to pay the state a tax due to items that improve your quality of life by way of bettering your living conditions in your home, items that you already paid tax for mind you, in order to be allowed to keep your home, and you are to expect absolutely zero gain or benefit to your home or yourself for the tax you pay.
By definition, a tax is a fee levied upon a people by the state in order to collect revenue that will serve to benefit the national population, and in exchange for a service or benefit to the tax payers.

By that definition, this is not a tax, it's actually closer to public nationwide extortion.

But this is what the idiots in this country chose.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 23rd, 2022, 10:35 am

If Imbert paying all his taxes for all of his properties in the same way regular citizens are expected to,I have no problem.And I mean ALL of his properties

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2022, 3:21 pm

timelapse wrote:If Imbert paying all his taxes for all of his properties in the same way regular citizens are expected to,I have no problem.And I mean ALL of his properties

Joke's on you! He already changed to law to exempt his newer properties

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 25th, 2022, 3:26 pm

De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:If Imbert paying all his taxes for all of his properties in the same way regular citizens are expected to,I have no problem.And I mean ALL of his properties

Kings don't pay taxes...

Gotta admit that was ingenious though he basically sent a big f@#k you to the rest of the population.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2022, 4:04 pm

hover11 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Kings don't pay taxes...

Gotta admit that was ingenious though he basically sent a big f@#k you to the rest of the population.

And the LFD RFD PNM horde go say "gih dem! " :roll:

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 26th, 2022, 6:45 am

The real problem with these property taxes is that it changes the dynamic of you owning your land. Once implemented you are now a tenant and no longer an owner.

Refuse to pay your property tax aka rent/Lease ... The owner aka the state takes it back.

it doesn't say this plainly but its what you get.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 26th, 2022, 6:56 am

In the words of white oak general "they vote fuh dat"!!!!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 26th, 2022, 8:05 am

The real problem is the idiots that see nothing wrong with this.Ent it like that in murica?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”