Forums

The DIY CCTV camera system thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Amit
Sweet on this forum

Re: The DIY CCTV camera system thread

Postby Amit » December 10th, 2021, 9:12 pm

Cooper wrote:Use the hik-connect app. No port forwarding needed.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube to guide you through the process.

The hik-connect app is actually more user friendly than the IVMS.

This is what I using. It still doesn’t work

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » December 11th, 2021, 1:54 pm

Use the credentials you created for the hik-connect service to log on to the hik-connect website to verify if your device is online.

If it is not online, delete the device and re-register. Or you can disable, reboot and enable the hik-connect service from your NVR.

Also, check appstore.hikvision.com for the latest version of the app for your phone.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 11th, 2021, 5:57 pm

What's the view on sony and duhua compared to HIK?

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 11th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Also is it worth it to go with a 5mp IP instead of 5mp ananolog? Price wise it's a big difference. What's the advantages and disadvantages from users that actual have the systems.

Amit
Sweet on this forum

Postby Amit » December 12th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Cooper wrote:Use the credentials you created for the hik-connect service to log on to the hik-connect website to verify if your device is online.

If it is not online, delete the device and re-register. Or you can disable, reboot and enable the hik-connect service from your NVR.

Also, check appstore.hikvision.com for the latest version of the app for your phone.

I’m able to view the camera once on the same network using Hik-Connect app , from the time I switch to bmobile date I can’t access the camera system.
I think digicel router is blocking me

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » December 13th, 2021, 12:20 pm

Amit wrote:
Cooper wrote:Use the credentials you created for the hik-connect service to log on to the hik-connect website to verify if your device is online.

I’m able to view the camera once on the same network using Hik-Connect app , from the time I switch to bmobile date I can’t access the camera system.
I think digicel router is blocking me
I have the same set up at my house and I've done similar installs for clients ( i.e. Digicel fiber at the home or office and the client uses bmobile data on their phones)

The cloud service for the surveillance system isn't usually affected by the firewall on the Digicel modern. But I wouldn't put anything past Digicel, you may have to call their technical support to make sure they don't have anything in place to block you. But make sure the firewall is off on your modem before you test the service.

One last thing to try is changing the server address for the hik-connect service under the platform access page on your NVR.

My one works on litedev.us.hik-connect.com

If that fails, check for a firmware update.

On a related note, I've had clients who have had problems with port forwarding and Dynamic DNS on their FLOW connections. The service worked fine for years but now it seems FLOW is blocking Dynamic DNS updates.

When FLOW is contacted, the client is advised to pay additional for a static IP.

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » December 13th, 2021, 12:35 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Also is it worth it to go with a 5mp IP instead of 5mp ananolog? Price wise it's a big difference. What's the advantages and disadvantages from users that actual have the systems.
Good IP cameras have far better features than analog cameras. A good IP camera will have a lot more flexibility with image settings.

Two very important features to look for is Exposure Time (similar to the shutter speed) and Wide Dynamic Range.

Exposure Time comes in handy when capturing video of moving objects. For example if it's a car speeding past the camera and you need the license plate, it may appear blurry and unreadable when the video is paused with a slow exposure as opposed to a faster exposure rate that will give a clearer picture.

Wide Dynamic Range is basically a mode that auto adjusts the image to remove glare and dark areas. For example, if the camera is inside a building and is pointed at a doorway to the outside where it's brighter. Individuals entering that door would look like a silhouette. Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) will compensate for this and give a clearer picture so you can see facial features.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 17th, 2021, 6:42 am

Cooper wrote:
SNIPER 3000 wrote:Also is it worth it to go with a 5mp IP instead of 5mp ananolog? Price wise it's a big difference. What's the advantages and disadvantages from users that actual have the systems.
Good IP cameras have far better features than analog cameras. A good IP camera will have a lot more flexibility with image settings.

Two very important features to look for is Exposure Time (similar to the shutter speed) and Wide Dynamic Range.

Exposure Time comes in handy when capturing video of moving objects. For example if it's a car speeding past the camera and you need the license plate, it may appear blurry and unreadable when the video is paused with a slow exposure as opposed to a faster exposure rate that will give a clearer picture.

Wide Dynamic Range is basically a mode that auto adjusts the image to remove glare and dark areas. For example, if the camera is inside a building and is pointed at a doorway to the outside where it's brighter. Individuals entering that door would look like a silhouette. Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) will compensate for this and give a clearer picture so you can see facial features.

Thanks for the reply. Do I need a static ip address for ip cameras? Was told I do and will have to pay the internet provider for each address?

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » December 17th, 2021, 7:20 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:
Cooper wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Do I need a static ip address for ip cameras? Was told I do and will have to pay the internet provider for each address?
Good IP cameras are essentially a DVR and camera in one unit. Some have SD card slots for storage and web servers built-in. So it depends on how you're gonna use it.

If you're going to stream video directly from the IP camera to be accessed remotely through a website, a public static IP is recommended.

If your IP camera is gonna be linked through a DVR, you will essentially be using the traditional web link services from the DVR to remotely access video from your phone, desktop app or web browser. This service doesn't always require a public static IP.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 17th, 2021, 7:42 am

Thanks for the reply. The cameras will be linked through an NVR.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 17th, 2021, 8:36 pm

anyone knows where i can purchase some indoor 2mp cameras? Not looking to have inside my house looking like a grocery store tbh.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 18th, 2021, 12:56 am

Ted_v2 wrote:anyone knows where i can purchase some indoor 2mp cameras? Not looking to have inside my house looking like a grocery store tbh.
Check Steve's, they had some hikvision indoor domes that wasn't too intrusive

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 18th, 2021, 8:54 am

The wyze units are also good and cost effective. Very neat looking for indoors.
A guy in the classifieds had some for sale.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 18th, 2021, 9:21 am

Ted_v2 wrote:anyone knows where i can purchase some indoor 2mp cameras? Not looking to have inside my house looking like a grocery store tbh.

In trying to figure out what the house not looking like grocery means ?

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » December 18th, 2021, 7:35 pm

Dave wrote:The wyze units are also good and cost effective. Very neat looking for indoors.
A guy in the classifieds had some for sale.
X2

The bundle deals available online with the door sensors are a good value and a great "security starter pack"

The cameras are okay quality with a wide field of view, also has 2-way audio and phone alerts.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 20th, 2021, 5:09 am

already have a 8 channel dvr, hikvision. Was looking at using what i already got, i have a camera mounted inside, it sticks out like a sore thumb, i could see myself needing just two more inside and two more outside. Simple 2mp should be more than fine.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 20th, 2021, 5:17 am

Any idea where has the cheapest Ethernet cable in Trinidad ? Need a couple 50 feet lengths ?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 20th, 2021, 5:43 pm

Kenjo wrote:Any idea where has the cheapest Ethernet cable in Trinidad ? Need a couple 50 feet lengths ?
Go Steve's or anyone of those stores, buy a crimper and a roll.. it'll cost cheaper. Couple years back I got a 500ft roll for like 250$ crimper was 250 by allied

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 20th, 2021, 10:34 pm

Local pc man could handle ya. thats what i did, i needed 75ft, ended up buying a premade unit for a decent price. does the rated speed and wasnt that expensive.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: Home Security

Postby SuperiorMan » March 16th, 2022, 2:27 pm

Anyone know anyone here that sells (any cameras like ring) and installs them for you?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 18th, 2022, 10:47 am

anyone know where locally you can get

Cat 5/6 to USB to use a mouse 100-200 feet from the DVR
Cat 5/6 to HDMI for long video runs
GOOD quality 8 channel hdmi splitters?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 18th, 2022, 10:58 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:anyone know where locally you can get

Cat 5/6 to USB to use a mouse 100-200 feet from the DVR
Cat 5/6 to HDMI for long video runs
GOOD quality 8 channel hdmi splitters?
The mouse is an easy wire splice using an usb extension.Cut and solder.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » March 18th, 2022, 1:47 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Anyone know anyone here that sells (any cameras like ring) and installs them for you?
Call 751 4060. He sells and installs hikvision. Can also install other types of cameras like wyze if u bring it in yourself. Stanley is his name.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » March 18th, 2022, 2:55 pm

Thanks dude.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » March 18th, 2022, 9:18 pm

Anyone using amazon tablets constantly with the screen on to view IP cameras ?any YouTube videos of this activation or is some sort of unlocking required ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 19th, 2022, 5:26 am

what height allyuh mounting allyuh cameras ?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 19th, 2022, 6:22 am

pugboy wrote:what height allyuh mounting allyuh cameras ?

High enough so bandits cant tip toe and reach dem

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 19th, 2022, 10:12 am

some low and in your face, some high ,

better you see the camera and decide to rob somewhere else

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 19th, 2022, 10:25 am

yeah variety is the best option

above head height is not very effective as they wear hats and along with dark skin and mask you see nothing.

these days they arent afraid of cameras at all, at least from my experience incl big signs saying so

the cameras at head height are the best option and even so you need to be mindful of the lighting as shadowing or lack of colour range if there is bright light around, a dark person will look darker.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 22nd, 2022, 10:15 pm

Where can I get a power supply with this tip?Everywhere I look so far don't have it
20220422_134230.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”