TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Phillip Edward Alexander Bows out of active Politics again (2023) Now with added Bow In 2024

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Phillip Edward Alexander calling out the big shots

Postby sMASH » June 9th, 2022, 5:38 pm

i giving them my vote, so guess pnm fo life!!

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 9th, 2022, 6:17 pm

PEA sells a lot of “what” without any idea of the “how”. If you listen to what he promises, they are too idealistic and not very pragmatic. He spins the flavour of the week to get attention and I picked up on that from early. That’s likely why he’s popular on Facebook (the home of all experts) and his popularity doesn’t translate to votes.

I can see him leading a good watchdog organization, but not a government.

I liked his ideals early on but he lost me with how he handled intelligent questions, as if you were attacking him personally. He doesn’t want help, he wants a set of yes men around him and of course financial backing. Convince me otherwise. Or don’t. It doesn’t matter when it comes to elections.

COP was the closest Trinbago came to breaking the pendulum swing between red and yellow.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 9th, 2022, 6:46 pm

as if any of the more experienced politicians doing any better.

allyuh woudl rather the devil remain in power cause any body new hadda be jesus.
the man short tempered but he doesnt have a set of 'yes men' around, in this group. there are the phillip fans in the group, but the rest of the party do stand up if they think things not going right.
while he is the most media present one, that effort is not him alone. it takes a lot of them to keep that ship, as small as it is, going.

allyuh vote pnm if u think it have nobody better
allyuh vote unc if u think it have nobody better
i giving pep my vote cause i see what pnm and unc can do, and i think a half cocked crew that rallying with phillip could do a better job.

pnm fo life!!!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 9th, 2022, 6:49 pm

Better yuh back PDP and done

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 9th, 2022, 6:55 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:PEA sells a lot of “what” without any idea of the “how”. If you listen to what he promises, they are too idealistic and not very pragmatic. He spins the flavour of the week to get attention and I picked up on that from early. That’s likely why he’s popular on Facebook (the home of all experts) and his popularity doesn’t translate to votes.

I can see him leading a good watchdog organization, but not a government.

I liked his ideals early on but he lost me with how he handled intelligent questions, as if you were attacking him personally. He doesn’t want help, he wants a set of yes men around him and of course financial backing. Convince me otherwise. Or don’t. It doesn’t matter when it comes to elections.

COP was the closest Trinbago came to breaking the pendulum swing between red and yellow.
I feel the same way.He would have the attention of the social media bachannal feeders.In an intellectual situation, he lacks substance.Anybody can find problems and exploit them for attention.
People need to stop treating the leadership of this country like a football or cricket game,where they pick a team for the dumbest of reasons and backing that team right through.
This is the future of the country, your future, your children's future.
Trash talk UNC and PNM all day, i don't care.Unless you can be better than them, you are exactly the same.And don't give me that sheit about once elected.No politician keeps their word once elected.Do something now, else is all just talk

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 9th, 2022, 6:59 pm

I trying to understand Rowley does sound educated, kams sounds educated? Since when the leadership of this country has such a high calibre all of a sudden. PEA highlights the issues surrounding the present government, he let's us they on sheit and for that he called us jackarses and we proved him right because we went back and vote PNM and will do so again proudly in 2025

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 9th, 2022, 7:30 pm

PNM fo life!!!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 9th, 2022, 7:52 pm

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 9th, 2022, 7:54 pm

hover11 wrote:I trying to understand Rowley does sound educated, kams sounds educated? Since when the leadership of this country has such a high calibre all of a sudden. PEA highlights the issues surrounding the present government, he let's us they on sheit and for that he called us jackarses and we proved him right because we went back and vote PNM and will do so again proudly in 2025
You want to add a possible third stooge to the mix?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 9th, 2022, 8:03 pm

timelapse wrote:
hover11 wrote:I trying to understand Rowley does sound educated, kams sounds educated? Since when the leadership of this country has such a high calibre all of a sudden. PEA highlights the issues surrounding the present government, he let's us they on sheit and for that he called us jackarses and we proved him right because we went back and vote PNM and will do so again proudly in 2025
You want to add a possible third stooge to the mix?

Gary jumping in too, but he’s gonna get less votes than PEA

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 9th, 2022, 8:08 pm

i find gg gone quiet these days
like he have nothing to rant about and the job tabanca wear off

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 9th, 2022, 8:13 pm

K74T wrote:Image

nope.
i jess sayhing, i have seen what pnm can do, i have seen what unc can do, and i was not impressed. i would rather give someone else a chance. so far, i agree with the intentions of pep, even if they dont have iron clad research. if they get the budgets, they could get the technical advice to refine the paths.

can they be any worse than what we have now? we literally we have nothing more to lose.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 9th, 2022, 8:15 pm

sMASH wrote:
K74T wrote:Image

nope.
i jess sayhing, i have seen what pnm can do, i have seen what unc can do, and i was not impressed. i would rather give someone else a chance. so far, i agree with the intentions of pep, even if they dont have iron clad research. if they get the budgets, they could get the technical advice to refine the paths.

can they be any worse than what we have now? we literally we have nothing more to lose.
X10000

Trins rather choose the same rejects every 5 years and complain

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 9th, 2022, 8:15 pm

i hear meh name call, so I guess I have to post.

PEA giving up his time, energy, financial stability and reputation to help this country. If you don't agree with him, fine, good for you, support Keith and Kamla if that is who you want to support.

I believe right thinking people will at least recognize and appreciate what Phillip is doing and support him. I see he is now representing TSTT workers as their official Union leader, so there you go: Leader. He is a leader now, not just a "social activist."

That said, I am a realist and our two-party system doesn't have room for a third. Even when COP split and pulled half the UNC, 0 seats. ILP had Jack Warner and unlimited funds - 0 seats in locals. Phillip is creating his own party from scratch and if he gets even a single seat, God alone could do that.

God is on our side though.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 9th, 2022, 8:24 pm

https://youtu.be/H5GBSvrdces

take een some more social activism

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 9th, 2022, 9:39 pm

PDP FTW

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 12th, 2022, 4:14 pm

Phillip page on fb wrote:

MOTION
We the undersigned members of the law association wish to summon a special general meeting (pursuant to Rule 23 of the First Schedule part A of the Legal Profession Act) of the law association for the purposes of considering a motion to express no confidence in the Attorney General, Mr. Reginald Armour S.C., and to call upon him to immediately resign from his position as Attorney General of Trinidad and Tobago.
Grounds of Motion
1. The Attorney General is the Titular head of the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago. He is an ambassador of the legal profession and is entrusted with a special and sacred duty to conduct himself in a manner that instils public trust and confidence in the profession and the administration of justice.

2. The Attorney General is also required to be honest and forthright in the conduct of public affairs. He also has a duty to preserve and protect the Rule of Law by ensuring that any representations made to Courts of Law are truthful and accurate to the best of his knowledge. The Rule of Law would be defeated and frustrated if evidence and/or representations made to a Court of Law by the Attorney General were untruthful or misleading.

3. The Attorney General is also the constitutional representative of the state and thereby conducts litigation on behalf of Trinidad and Tobago both domestically and internationally. As an Attorney at Law, and an officer of the Court, he has a duty to ensure that he does not mislead a court of law either in this jurisdiction or any other jurisdiction.

4. There has arisen in the public domain serious allegations against the Attorney General of dishonesty, conduct unbecoming of an Attorney at Law, and actions which have brought the office of Attorney General into disrepute. These allegations are serious enough to undermine public confidence in the legal profession.

5. The crux of the allegation is that Mr. Armour has provided false and misleading evidence on oath, on behalf of the state of Trinidad and Tobago, to a Court of Law in the United States.

6. Mr. Armour has sworn on oath that at the time of providing legal representation to Brian Kuei Tung and his girlfriend Renee Pierre in a preliminary inquiry in the criminal proceedings in the Port of Spain Magistrates Court (Piarco Airport Matter) he was only acting as junior counsel in the proceedings and participated in a minimalist manner by doing minor legal research and taking notes.

7. The context of these representations concerns an issue of privilege and/or a conflict of interest; in essence, whether or not it is proper and lawful for Mr. Armour to be the representative of the State of Trinidad and Tobago in proceedings against Mr. Brian Kuei Tung and Ms. Renee Pierre, having formerly represented both of them in Criminal Proceedings in Trinidad.

8. Mr. Armour’s representations are however patently false. They are demonstrably false given the affidavit evidence in the US proceedings, well known facts in the Public Domain and matters reported in the Media which are materially undisputed.

9. These facts have been set out and disseminated in the public domain via several news reports. In particular, these allegations are contained in an article appearing in the Sunday Express, dated 5th of June 2022, entitled “MIAMI COURT DISQUALIFIES ARMOUR” The public is therefore well aware of the allegations and is likely to form views of the legal profession as whole because of the conduct of Mr. Armour.

10. Materially, the article states as follows with respect to the content of Mr. Armour’s affidavit sworn to and filed before a court of law in the United States:

“In an affidavit dated April 24, Armour said he was junior counsel representative for Kuei Tung and upon becoming AG, his involvement in the civil matter in the US against Kuei Tung and others was limited.

‘For what I recall as being a few years at the start of the preliminary inquiry next referred to, I worked as a junior lawyer to leading Senior Counsel lawyer Allan Alexander SC (now deceased) at the time representing Defendant Brian Kuei Tung and his girlfriend Renee Pierre in the preliminary inquiry in the criminal proceedings in the Port of Spain magistrates Court of RTT concerning the criminal case brought against him for his alleged role in the planning, construction and maintenance of the Piarco International Airport (the ‘preliminary inquiry’). My role as junior lawyer was limited to minimal legal research and to taking notes in the early years of the preliminary inquiry to assist my Leader, Mr Alexander SC,”

11. The factual representations made by Mr. Armour to the effect that (1) he was a junior attorney at the time of representing Mr. Brian Kuei Tung and Ms. Renee Pierre and (2) that his role in the litigation was confined to ‘minimal legal research’ and ‘taking notes’ have been shown to be patently false, misleading and a material misrepresentation to the said court. (A copy of Mr. Armour’s affidavit sworn in the proceedings is attached to this petition and annexed as “A”)

12. The article further recites the following sworn evidence which directly contradicts the factual representations of Mr. Armour:

I. “This is flatly contradicted not just by Mr Ferguson’s affidavit, which was filed in support of the motion, and Mr Ferguson’s supplemental sworn declaration, filed on April 26, 2022, but also by numerous transcripts of hearings in the RTT criminal action in which Mr Armour is making legal arguments in the court, discussing evidentiary submissions and other important legal matters”

II. “The transcripts also note Mr Armour’s senior counsel status, further debunking Mr Armour’s claim that he was simply a junior attorney with no real involvement in Mr Tung’s defence,”

III. “Mr Armour claims that he represented me as a junior lawyer. I understood Mr Armour to be a Senior Counsel and know that he signed documents as such,” stated the declaration”

IV. “Mr Armour was an active participant in both the preliminary enquiry and the commission of enquiry, and in this regard, he made written and oral submissions on behalf of Mr Kuei Tung and myself,”

13. In any event, it is a matter of public record and knowledge that, at the time in question, and contrary to what Mr. Armour has sworn to a court of law on behalf of the state of Trinidad and Tobago, Mr. Armour was in fact a Senior Counsel and played a more material role in the proceedings in question by making both written and oral submissions during the course of the said preliminary inquiry. There are also media reports that Mr. Armour conducted cross examination on behalf of his then clients. (A true copy of a news article dated 7/2/2004 is annexed and marked “B”)

14. Given the high profile and well publicised nature of the proceedings (allegations of corruption made against a former minister of finance) it is not plausible that a lawyer acting in that matter would not have remembered their role in the proceedings nor is it likely that he would have mistaken his active role of Senior Counsel (making written and oral submissions) to be that of Junior Counsel and note taker.

15. In the circumstances, we request a special general meeting for the purposes of proposing and approving the following motion:

“It is hereby resolved that the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago expresses no confidence in the Attorney General, Mr. Reginald Armour, and calls upon him to resign forthwith”

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2022, 7:05 pm

who hires an SC to take notes

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 12th, 2022, 8:19 pm

Rowley didn't listen to LATT with respect to CJ Archie. He's not going to listen about AG Armour.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2022, 9:02 pm

that was tobago padnas scene
with armour I think nobody really wants to work for the govt given the slackness that keeps happening

The_Honourable wrote:Rowley didn't listen to LATT with respect to CJ Archie. He's not going to listen about AG Armour.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 15th, 2022, 9:36 pm

The authorities only doing the work when they getting make out.

So make them out!
IMG_20220614_145406.jpg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 15th, 2022, 9:37 pm

Making potholes small again.
IMG_20220615_203145.jpg

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 15th, 2022, 10:25 pm

So PEA bussing big holes and then looking for popularity by fixing them?

That’s what really going on?

I dunno

matr1x

Postby matr1x » June 16th, 2022, 9:51 am

MaxPower wrote:So PEA bussing big holes and then looking for popularity by fixing them?

I dunno

Are you suggesting that a PEA is manufacturing problems and swooping in to fix it?

I mean if a vene can take a gangbang job and turn around and say it was a gang rape, anything is possible

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Phillip Edward Alexander calling out the big shots

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2022, 3:13 pm

matr1x wrote:
MaxPower wrote:So PEA bussing big holes and then looking for popularity by fixing them?

I dunno

Are you suggesting that a PEA is manufacturing problems and swooping in to fix it?

I mean if a vene can take a gangbang job and turn around and say it was a gang rape, anything is possible

I am not suggesting Slim, i am asking but there is a possibility.

Btw, the Trinis are doing the raping in T&T, not the Venes. Once again, UNable to prove me wrong, so you can just assume and imagine. Maybe if you said a Vene putting down a robbery then i can agree, but don’t come with the gang rape scene, thas for allyuh Trinis.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » June 16th, 2022, 3:23 pm

There is a possibility she completely lie about being raped.

Also, an illegal vene have no rights as far as I concerned.

PEA has to make their stance clear about illegal venes.

But we know you like terrorists and venes. That much is clear

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 16th, 2022, 3:30 pm

matr1x wrote:There is a possibility she completely lie about being raped.

Also, an illegal vene have no rights as far as I concerned.

PEA has to make their stance clear about illegal venes.

But we know you like terrorists and venes. That much is clear
Illegals have rights bro, but they also have more wrongs.I could preach all day about the impending economic fallout, but people too naive to take it on.I talked about food shortage and higher prices, even went so far as to make a home growing thread.Where did that get us.Very few took the time to plant stuff.
Create farming work for the venes.Fair is fair.They get an income, country benefits from food.Win win.
But no.Employ them in bars and minimarts and everywhere else that encouraging more importation.So we now have a bigger import bill...
I wasted enough time already.Who want to hear will hear.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 18th, 2022, 8:33 pm

Signs must go.
FB_IMG_1655598625891.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 19th, 2022, 5:19 am

so some secret person came in the night and put up signs and nobody knows or did anything about it
and said ministry right across the road and seeing the signs but aint do squat about it

nice man

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » June 19th, 2022, 8:42 am

pugboy wrote:so some secret person came in the night and put up signs and nobody knows or did anything about it
and said ministry right across the road and seeing the signs but aint do squat about it

nice man
People have done much more with a police station right across the street.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”