TunerGod

Re: Unemployment Count Thread

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 13th, 2018, 9:33 pm

The rate them going that 30k is very possibly by end of next year

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 16th, 2018, 3:27 am

Not that we should find solace in the misery of our neighbours, but...

Barbados govt to send home more than 1,000

The Barbados government says at least 1,500 public workers will be laid off over the next few weeks as it seeks to turn around an ailing economy, while acknowledging that sending home one worker “is too many”.

Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley in a radio and television broadcast to the nation on Sunday night, said that the job cuts will affect workers in central government and government entities.

“We give the country the assurance that while we do not have the exact number because we are following process, rather than arithmetical deductions, we know that it unlikely to be more than 1,500 people over the course of the next few weeks. But, regrettably, one is too many,” she said, while detailing a wide-ranging plan to cushion the fallout.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/local/barbados-govt-to-send-home-more-than/article_0f0ac2b0-d0d6-11e8-984c-5fdf593499b2.html

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 13th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Pressure at TSTT

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 13th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Yuh beat me to it...and months ago they denied it

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 14th, 2018, 10:27 am

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 14th, 2018, 10:43 am

All now so companies being set up to benefit from soon to be available contract wuk...:|

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 14th, 2018, 5:02 pm

kstt wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2018/10/11/imbert-18000-jobs-lost-since-2015-not-30000/

So total jobs in 2015 - total jobs in 2018 = jobs lost?

Isn't that more of a measure of net unemployment decrease? I'm sure that there were at least a few people that entered into the job market over the last three years.

Why not compare the number of unemployed people in 2015 to the number of unemployed people in 2018? I guarantee that the difference would not be the same.

That presentation method seems to be the one that is mostly skewed to making the situation look better than it really is.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 14th, 2018, 7:08 pm

The buzz phrase that is used is 'rate'. That implies the change of the figure for specific blocks of time. A 0% unemployment rate SHOULD mean no additional people on the bread line, but also no new jobs taken... Or atleast as much new jobs were taken up, as we're lost.

As u have realized, people are stupid at maths, and mistake the rate with actual figures.

Politicians like the term rate cause it hides the reality.

If they want to keep pushing 'rate' talk, then we have to ask what they plan to do to make the rate negative I. E. Reduction of unemployment numbers.

Vision 2030 is short sighted because of people don't haveess money to spend, business will suffer from reduced purchases. And the economy spirals downward. Too many people selling and little cash to purchase.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 14th, 2018, 8:32 pm

sMASH wrote:The buzz phrase that is used is 'rate'. That implies the change of the figure for specific blocks of time. A 0% unemployment rate SHOULD mean no additional people on the bread line, but also no new jobs taken... Or atleast as much new jobs were taken up, as we're lost.

As u have realized, people are stupid at maths, and mistake the rate with actual figures.

Politicians like the term rate cause it hides the reality.

If they want to keep pushing 'rate' talk, then we have to ask what they plan to do to make the rate negative I. E. Reduction of unemployment numbers.

Vision 2030 is short sighted because of people don't haveess money to spend, business will suffer from reduced purchases. And the economy spirals downward. Too many people selling and little cash to purchase.

Employment rate and unemployment rate are economic terms.

Unemployment rate is the percentage of persons that are in the labor pool that are actively seeking employment. People that give up and are no longer actively seeking employment are not included in the unemployment rate.

Comparing fiscal year jobs numbers is referred to as jobs growth. Jobs growth can be a negative number also.
Last edited by adnj on November 14th, 2018, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 15th, 2018, 5:26 pm

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 5:29 pm

^^

Skyliner was working TSTT.

Maybe he can tell Tuners the real inside story .

He sent me a PM asking for money $$$ but I did not reply .

Gots no USD $$$ to give away my brother .
Last edited by RedVEVO on November 15th, 2018, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 15th, 2018, 5:53 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

why u callin my name for dan??

yuh want me to buss yuh files oar...????

where i ask u for money dan....??

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 6:10 pm

skylinechild wrote:

Hold on hold on ..

Let me send the PM to YOU first .

Maybe you forget with all the drinking .

Why you acting up so sensitive ?

Did you not work @ TSTT ?

so it official
Sent: September 30th, 2017, 12:02 am
Recipient: RedVEVO
Last edited by RedVEVO on November 15th, 2018, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 6:16 pm

^^^

Oops I was going to send YOU a PM
But something happen and I press the wrong button .

Not really know about computers , they so complicated .

Did I do that ?

Do you remember ?

so it official
Last edited by RedVEVO on November 15th, 2018, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 6:30 pm

skylinechild wrote:

so it official

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 15th, 2018, 8:31 pm

LOL try harder troll.....

as for bussin yuh files....... hold on...

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 8:50 pm

RedVEVO have no chocolate or milo in the Sun.

This is the challenge .

Go ahead and "buss your files"

How long would you 'hold on' ?

Summary: Buss the files :D

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 15th, 2018, 9:05 pm

lol keep trying troll.....careful yuh eah get banned lol....

post screenshots nuh ...dont type up ting....lol

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » November 15th, 2018, 9:16 pm

Waiting for files to be busted

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 12th, 2018, 11:29 am

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 17th, 2019, 6:49 am

Trim the fat, consolidate power...:|

NFM sends senior managers home
Renuka Singh
Sat Mar 16 2019

No fur­ther lay­offs are ex­pect­ed at Na­tion­al Flours Mills Lim­it­ed (NFM) fol­low­ing a re­struc­tur­ing ex­er­cise in which some se­nior man­age­ment po­si­tions were made re­dun­dant.

That was the as­sur­ance from the com­pa­ny in a state­ment yes­ter­day, one day af­ter four man­agers were served with dis­missal no­tices.

Sent home were Pamela Nia­math, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er, Busi­ness Sup­port Ser­vices; Cheryl Ed­wards, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er of Op­er­a­tions; Robert Sub­ryan, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er of Fi­nance and Cheryl Lee Kong, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er of Sales and Mar­ket­ing.

NFM said the po­si­tions were made re­dun­dant fol­low­ing a job eval­u­a­tion ex­er­cise which shows that its or­gan­i­sa­tion­al struc­ture had too many lay­ers—eleven from top to bot­tom.

“Best prac­tice with­in man­u­fac­tur­ing com­pa­nies, how­ev­er, sug­gests an op­ti­mum de­sign of much few­er lay­ers. The cur­rent struc­ture at the ex­ec­u­tive and man­age­ment lev­els is not aligned with these ob­jec­tives,” the com­pa­ny said in a me­dia re­lease.

As a re­sult, the gen­er­al man­ag­er lay­er was elim­i­nat­ed, “fa­cil­i­tat­ing the widen­ing of the span of con­trol of the Chief Ex­ec­u­tive Of­fi­cer and the Chief Op­er­at­ing Of­fi­cer.”

“Re­main­ing man­age­r­i­al po­si­tions will be amend­ed to bet­ter re­flect their re­vised re­spon­si­bil­i­ties and ac­count­abil­i­ties,” NFM said.

Not­ing that its “func­tion­al ar­chi­tec­ture is very cost­ly” the com­pa­ny re­duced “the num­ber of lay­ers and in­crease man­age­r­i­al spans of con­trol” which in­cludes up­skilling at the low­er lev­els and de­lay­er­ing at the top.

The re­lease con­tin­ued: “No fur­ther lay­offs are ex­pect­ed and NFM will soon com­mence an ex­er­cise work­ing along with its em­ploy­ee rep­re­sen­ta­tive unions to up­skill the work­force through a com­pe­ten­cy de­vel­op­ment pro­gramme.

“This will ben­e­fit both em­ploy­ee and em­ploy­er from the val­ue that would be cre­at­ed through a more ef­fec­tive work­force.”

NFM said in its ef­forts to be­come more ef­fi­cient and ef­fec­tive, it had been work­ing to re­solve sev­er­al chal­lenges in­clud­ing de­creas­ing prof­itabil­i­ty caused by in­creased com­pe­ti­tion, ris­ing raw ma­te­r­i­al prices and in­creas­ing staff costs.

The com­pa­ny has em­barked on con­tin­u­ous im­prove­ment ini­tia­tives and work has been com­plet­ed on a new strate­gic di­rec­tion which fo­cus­es on growth and “de­vel­op­ment of a lean, cost-con­scious, com­pe­ten­cy-based or­gan­i­sa­tion­al struc­ture.”

NFM’s ex­ist­ing func­tion­al ar­chi­tec­ture is very cost­ly rel­a­tive to the val­ue cre­at­ed for its cus­tomers. As a re­sult, the com­pa­ny has de­cid­ed to re­duce the num­ber of lay­ers and in­crease man­age­r­i­al spans of con­trol. This will in­clude up­skilling at the low­er lev­els and de­lay­er­ing at the top.

News of the re­struc­tur­ing ex­er­cise comes just weeks busi­ness­man Arthur Lok Jack raised ques­tions about the pri­vati­sa­tion of NFM and called on Gov­ern­ment to al­low pri­vate busi­ness­es to in­vest in more state en­ter­pris­es.

In re­sponse, Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley had said that Gov­ern­ment was not in the busi­ness of pri­vati­sa­tion.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/nfm-sends-senior-managers-home-6.2.802696.6d0a379f62

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2019, 11:29 am

hydroep wrote:Trim the fat, consolidate power...:|

NFM sends senior managers home
Renuka Singh
Sat Mar 16 2019

No fur­ther lay­offs are ex­pect­ed at Na­tion­al Flours Mills Lim­it­ed (NFM) fol­low­ing a re­struc­tur­ing ex­er­cise in which some se­nior man­age­ment po­si­tions were made re­dun­dant.

That was the as­sur­ance from the com­pa­ny in a state­ment yes­ter­day, one day af­ter four man­agers were served with dis­missal no­tices.

Sent home were Pamela Nia­math, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er, Busi­ness Sup­port Ser­vices; Cheryl Ed­wards, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er of Op­er­a­tions; Robert Sub­ryan, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er of Fi­nance and Cheryl Lee Kong, Gen­er­al Man­ag­er of Sales and Mar­ket­ing.

NFM said the po­si­tions were made re­dun­dant fol­low­ing a job eval­u­a­tion ex­er­cise which shows that its or­gan­i­sa­tion­al struc­ture had too many lay­ers—eleven from top to bot­tom.

“Best prac­tice with­in man­u­fac­tur­ing com­pa­nies, how­ev­er, sug­gests an op­ti­mum de­sign of much few­er lay­ers. The cur­rent struc­ture at the ex­ec­u­tive and man­age­ment lev­els is not aligned with these ob­jec­tives,” the com­pa­ny said in a me­dia re­lease.

As a re­sult, the gen­er­al man­ag­er lay­er was elim­i­nat­ed, “fa­cil­i­tat­ing the widen­ing of the span of con­trol of the Chief Ex­ec­u­tive Of­fi­cer and the Chief Op­er­at­ing Of­fi­cer.”

“Re­main­ing man­age­r­i­al po­si­tions will be amend­ed to bet­ter re­flect their re­vised re­spon­si­bil­i­ties and ac­count­abil­i­ties,” NFM said.

Not­ing that its “func­tion­al ar­chi­tec­ture is very cost­ly” the com­pa­ny re­duced “the num­ber of lay­ers and in­crease man­age­r­i­al spans of con­trol” which in­cludes up­skilling at the low­er lev­els and de­lay­er­ing at the top.

The re­lease con­tin­ued: “No fur­ther lay­offs are ex­pect­ed and NFM will soon com­mence an ex­er­cise work­ing along with its em­ploy­ee rep­re­sen­ta­tive unions to up­skill the work­force through a com­pe­ten­cy de­vel­op­ment pro­gramme.

“This will ben­e­fit both em­ploy­ee and em­ploy­er from the val­ue that would be cre­at­ed through a more ef­fec­tive work­force.”

NFM said in its ef­forts to be­come more ef­fi­cient and ef­fec­tive, it had been work­ing to re­solve sev­er­al chal­lenges in­clud­ing de­creas­ing prof­itabil­i­ty caused by in­creased com­pe­ti­tion, ris­ing raw ma­te­r­i­al prices and in­creas­ing staff costs.

The com­pa­ny has em­barked on con­tin­u­ous im­prove­ment ini­tia­tives and work has been com­plet­ed on a new strate­gic di­rec­tion which fo­cus­es on growth and “de­vel­op­ment of a lean, cost-con­scious, com­pe­ten­cy-based or­gan­i­sa­tion­al struc­ture.”

NFM’s ex­ist­ing func­tion­al ar­chi­tec­ture is very cost­ly rel­a­tive to the val­ue cre­at­ed for its cus­tomers. As a re­sult, the com­pa­ny has de­cid­ed to re­duce the num­ber of lay­ers and in­crease man­age­r­i­al spans of con­trol. This will in­clude up­skilling at the low­er lev­els and de­lay­er­ing at the top.

News of the re­struc­tur­ing ex­er­cise comes just weeks busi­ness­man Arthur Lok Jack raised ques­tions about the pri­vati­sa­tion of NFM and called on Gov­ern­ment to al­low pri­vate busi­ness­es to in­vest in more state en­ter­pris­es.

In re­sponse, Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley had said that Gov­ern­ment was not in the busi­ness of pri­vati­sa­tion.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/nfm-sends-senior-managers-home-6.2.802696.6d0a379f62
Injuns gone

Goverment not in the bussines of privatisation?

Yet still Petrotrin is sold

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 17th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Once they hit upper management, pnm safe.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » March 27th, 2019, 7:09 pm

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 27th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Probably gearing up to shutdown utt and lease out the buildings to the 1%.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 28th, 2019, 5:07 am

them still sending home people

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » March 28th, 2019, 1:26 pm

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » March 28th, 2019, 6:02 pm

"unemployment has not crossed 5% since pnm took office"

And every week we hearing that serious crimes are down, yet there are higher murder tallies every year.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 2nd, 2019, 4:59 am

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » April 5th, 2019, 2:02 am

I believe as of late the Ministry of Labour or some such office has been on the radio indicating that persons can come to the nearest labour office to enroll in the OJT programme. The forms are available online as are the instructions.

They say they are trying to place the young graduates with packages commensurate with qualification.

Shortly thereafter a lady called in and said her son has a degree and was in the system and still hasn't been contacted.
They urged that persons continually contact the office and call and follow up.

Thought I would share it here,I know my example isn't very encouraging but for those out there you could still try the programme.

You just never know.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”