Rowley WTF

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Re: Rowley WTF

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 6:28 am

MaxPower wrote:
Wraith King wrote:Some members of the TTPS already abuse citizens during the normal times. It scary to think about what those same officers will do during a state of emergency.

Most of the citizens look for it and put themselves in situations.

Trinis have a hard time dealing with situations wisely.

I think we're speaking about different scenarios but I have seen videos where persons try to frustrate officers.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 6:43 am

sMASH wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
Wraith King wrote:Some members of the TTPS already abuse citizens during the normal times. It scary to think about what those same officers will do during a state of emergency.

Most of the citizens look for it and put themselves in situations.

Trinis have a hard time dealing with situations wisely.
we like a good arm wrestling

Lmao. Trinidad is not a real place.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 16th, 2021, 8:32 am

Gladiator wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
sMASH wrote:tobago numbers is 3 times less than trinidad per million.

https://trinidadexpress.com/press-relea ... 6a200.html

yet still tobago was the reason why cases went up. let that sink in. the island responsible for causing high cases in trinidad has low cases. does that in itself not imply that something else (maybe of the Latin persuasion) is responsible for the rise in cases

Aye dumb $hit... people didn't get COVID from the Tobagonians. Trinidadians went to Tobago for Easter to party, as encouraged by the Prime Minister, mingled with each other and spread it amongst themselves, returned to Trinidad and now there is a spike and deaths.

so tobagonians were nowhere around when the trinis where there? or is it that the virus knows to only attack trinis and to leave the tobagonians alone? cause the case numbers in tobago are too low if tobago is the place where the congregation lead to a spike in cases.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 16th, 2021, 8:49 am

all the tobagonians went little tobago. the little rowley told tobagonians that the place to be was little tobago.

o, the trinis didnt go and mix up with the natives, just the servers. who would be far less than the tourists. and is as much there, as much as at the ports waiting, on the planes and on the boats, on the way there and on the way back.

there is a spike of tobago cases, but on the scale of trinidad. more like trinidad for after the election.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 8:56 am

elec2020 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
sMASH wrote:tobago numbers is 3 times less than trinidad per million.

https://trinidadexpress.com/press-relea ... 6a200.html

yet still tobago was the reason why cases went up. let that sink in. the island responsible for causing high cases in trinidad has low cases. does that in itself not imply that something else (maybe of the Latin persuasion) is responsible for the rise in cases

Aye dumb $hit... people didn't get COVID from the Tobagonians. Trinidadians went to Tobago for Easter to party, as encouraged by the Prime Minister, mingled with each other and spread it amongst themselves, returned to Trinidad and now there is a spike and deaths.

so tobagonians were nowhere around when the trinis where there? or is it that the virus knows to only attack trinis and to leave the tobagonians alone? cause the case numbers in tobago are too low if tobago is the place where the congregation lead to a spike in cases.

So you think Trinis would go Tobago to mix with Tobagonians? They lime and mix with one another , they travelled on an enclosed boat together , they travelled in an enclosed plane together. They are in hotels , guesthousesand they go by the beaches, they don't need to be in major contact with Tobagonians , who are a clannish people and don't really like or mix with Trinis.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 16th, 2021, 9:58 am

if the argument is that 50,000 trinis went to tobago u telling me that 50,000 people were able to avoid coming into contact with 61,000 people on a small island.... ok

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 10:20 am

[quote="elec2020"]if the argument is that 50,000 trinis went to tobago u telling me that 50,000 people were able to avoid coming into contact with 61,000 people on a small island....

It has already been established that it is physically impossible for 50,000 people to travel using the resources available by air and sea . I wouldn't even use the 25000 people figure for the amount of VISITORS. There were also Tobagonians travelling included in that figure.

What makes you think Trinidad visitors go there and mix with the locals? They will come into contact with service staff and retailers but they are not going all,over Tobago and mixing. Even on the beach families and friends mostly stay to themselves .

Further to that, on the beaches in the open air the so spread would be less , and it's not like everybody who travelled would have covid.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 16th, 2021, 10:52 am

^ if the 50,000 figure is not used then yes that makes total sense. Cause trinis would be able to interact with themselves. If the 50,000 figure is used then it is impossible for covid-19 numbers to be so low in tobago. My entire argument was just to disprove that 50,000 trinis came to tobago. Thats all. I still have doubts as to whether or not this 25,000 contributed to such a rise in cases as we did not get this level of spike in covid following the candle light vigils. And more than 25,000 people were out and about. I still believe that it is the free movement of people from Venezuela that is contributing to the spike (as it appears the spike is driven by the Brazil variant which, last i check, cannot just teleport into a country whose borders are closed). But its easier for people to argue that PNM is who cause the increase in COVID-19 due to the PM telling people to free up in Tobago. Racial and political hate will forever be trinidad and tobago's undoing.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 16th, 2021, 11:01 am

elec2020 wrote:^ if the 50,000 figure is not used then yes that makes total sense. Cause trinis would be able to interact with themselves. If the 50,000 figure is used then it is impossible for covid-19 numbers to be so low in tobago. My entire argument was just to disprove that 50,000 trinis came to tobago. Thats all. I still have doubts as to whether or not this 25,000 contributed to such a rise in cases as we did not get this level of spike in covid following the candle light vigils. And more than 25,000 people were out and about. I still believe that it is the free movement of people from Venezuela that is contributing to the spike (as it appears the spike is driven by the Brazil variant which, last i check, cannot just teleport into a country whose borders are closed). But its easier for people to argue that PNM is who cause the increase in COVID-19 due to the PM telling people to free up in Tobago. Racial and political hate will forever be trinidad and tobago's undoing.

All of the above elec.

And many of allyuh forgetting how much liming in Trinidad took place Easter time.

I had so many invites for events on Easter weekend alone. Birthdays party, dinners, wedding reception, normal group lime with my padnas.

And even from March, people were liming a lot more than usual.

Easter in Tobago didn't help but I don't believe it was the biggest contributor.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:15 am

elec2020 wrote:^ if the 50,000 figure is not used then yes that makes total sense. Cause trinis would be able to interact with themselves. If the 50,000 figure is used then it is impossible for covid-19 numbers to be so low in tobago. My entire argument was just to disprove that 50,000 trinis came to tobago. Thats all. I still have doubts as to whether or not this 25,000 contributed to such a rise in cases as we did not get this level of spike in covid following the candle light vigils. And more than 25,000 people were out and about. I still believe that it is the free movement of people from Venezuela that is contributing to the spike (as it appears the spike is driven by the Brazil variant which, last i check, cannot just teleport into a country whose borders are closed). But its easier for people to argue that PNM is who cause the increase in COVID-19 due to the PM telling people to free up in Tobago. Racial and political hate will forever be trinidad and tobago's undoing.

The governent responsible for border control so if you believe the illegal immigrants spreading it, the fault still lies with the government.

Someone disliking the PNM does not automatically equate racism. Do you think there's no Africans that dislike the PNM or East Indians that dislike the UNC? It's not always racism. Some persons dislike the PNM because of the mess they do. Keith's manners have been found wanting a number of times during his official conferences as PM.

The race thing is used by politicians to create division by telling supporters it's us against them and I'm on your side. PNM doesn't like Africans and UNC doesn't like East Indians. They just like your vote and the fact that they can abuse public funds without having accountability to the public.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 11:30 am

I agree that it's the ILLEGAL immigrants that are responsible for the increase. This could also be the reason the spike is in certain areas. They are known to settle in mainly east Indian communities, the reason for that I won't go into now.

If the PNM is not doing anything about them, and the PNM is in charge , let's blame the UNC?

I am as black as you can get, but I dislike Rowleys actions and his behaviour. Does that qualify me for being a racist?

Is Rowley doing all the right things for all the people of TnT? Is the resources of the nation being disbursed with equity? Do you not see when wrong is done or must I'm like many others accept whatever is done because I'm black and the PNM is a black party . Or does that make me exactly what you criticise in the UNC? Was he right to say the place to be is Tobago in the middle of a pandemic?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2021, 11:31 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
All of the above elec.

And many of allyuh forgetting how much liming in Trinidad took place Easter time.

I had so many invites for events on Easter weekend alone. Birthdays party, dinners, wedding reception, normal group lime with my padnas.

Easter in Tobago didn't help but I don't believe it was the biggest contributor.

Exactly.

I was in Pigeon Pt over Easter weekend. They made sure every group was separate and placed small flags around them marking out their bounds. Bigger groups rented cabanas and everybody wore masks. But Pigeon Pt at it fullest was not more ppl than an average Saturday on Maracas.

Many ppl went Mayaro too such that there were multiple drownings. Case numbers were climbing a month before in county Caroni and Victoria, endless bar hopping and private backyard limes.

We thought we were in a good place, kids at home and ppl needed to relax. Nothing is wrong with going Tobago/Maracas/Mayaro, it is the mixing of households was the problem.

But for some ppl all was good until ppl went Tobago, but the gatherings in Trinidad were covid free.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:34 am

Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
All of the above elec.

Exactly.

I was in Pigeon Pt over Easter weekend. They made sure every group was separate and placed small flags around them marking out their bounds. Bigger groups rented cabanas and everybody wore masks. But Pigeon Pt at it fullest was not more ppl than an average Saturday on Maracas.

Many ppl went Mayaro too such that there were multiple drownings. Case numbers were climbing a month before in county Caroni and Victoria, endless bar hopping and private backyard limes.

We thought we were in a good place, kids at home and ppl needed to relax. Nothing is wrong with going Tobago/Maracas/Mayaro, it is the mixing of households was the problem.

But for some ppl all was good until ppl went Tobago, but the gatherings in Trinidad were covid free.

Mr. Boys For Breakfast, if cases were rising locally then it was irresponsible for the PM to encourage persons to go to Tobago.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 11:35 am

Was it wise to advise people to go Tobago in the middle,of a pandemic , seeing the only means of getting there would be in an enclosed boat or enclosed plane? They were separated on the beaches but went in a closed airconditioned plane and a closeboat with possible aerosolised virus in the air. Which more stupid , the one who advised or the ones who took the advice?
Last edited by sam1978 on May 16th, 2021, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 11:39 am

Habit 7 has deduced that bar hopping and backyard limes was the cause of the increase in Caroni and Victoria. Please expound on how you came to this conclusion. Is it because the people in these countries have a propensity for these activities? Or did the MoH do a poll and i missed the info when it was announced?

You know how you ask for data when anybody makes a statement.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2021, 11:43 am

sam1978 wrote:Was it wise to advise people to go Tobago in the middle,of a pandemic , seeing the only means of getting there would be in an enclosed boat or enclosed plane?

Tobago was booked out a month in advance before Rowley said anything on March 18. Boats and planes were at maximum 75% capacity and there are multiple studies in the US that show the likelyhood of contracting covid-19 in a plane is low https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/odds ... index.html
I think the boat will be slimmer with more room.

We need to thing broader than Tobago and understand what caused the spike in Caroni and Victoria in the first place.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:44 am

sam1978 wrote:Habit 7 has deduced that bar hopping and backyard limes was the cause of the increase in Caroni and Victoria. Please expound on how you came to this conclusion. Is it because the people in these countries have a propensity for these activities? Or did the MoH do a poll and i missed the info when it was announced?

He's a PNM pleb. You have to think twice before you give any credibility to what he says. But then again he has to meet the expectations of his handler by hook or by crook. Unfortunately his only attempts are by the crook method.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:48 am

Habit7 wrote:
sam1978 wrote:Was it wise to advise people to go Tobago in the middle,of a pandemic , seeing the only means of getting there would be in an enclosed boat or enclosed plane?

Tobago was booked out a month in advance before Rowley said anything on March 18. Boats and planes were at maximum 75% capacity and there are multiple studies in the US that show the likelyhood of contracting covid-19 in a plane is low https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/odds ... index.html

We need to thing broader than Tobago and understand what caused the spike in Caroni and Victoria in the first place.

You're retracting after being made out about the Caroni and Victoria spread. Zoom was perhaps right about your racism.

How do you know it was booked prior to the announcement? Even if it was booked the PM could have stopped the flow of persons but he publicly encouraged it. You can spin sheit as much as you want, it doesn't turn into ice cream.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2021, 11:48 am

sam1978 wrote:Habit 7 has deduced that bar hopping and backyard limes was the cause of the increase in Caroni and Victoria. Please expound on how you came to this conclusion. Is it because the people in these countries have a propensity for these activities? Or did the MoH do a poll and i missed the info when it was announced?

Unlike other ppl here, I love to substantiate my claims with facts.

Two bar hoppers test Covid-19 positive
Susan Mohammed

Mar 20, 2021 Updated Mar 20, 2021

CARONI County Medical Officer of Health Dr Jeanine St Bernard has strongly discouraged bar hopping, as two people who had recently tested positive for the Covid-19 coronavirus had admitted to it.

At Saturday's Covid-19 media briefing, Dr Bernard said that this week she had met with President of Bar Keepers and Operators Association Satesh Moonasar.

"Bar hopping is a tradition of not going to just one bar. This is a practice I would want to strongly discourage as the potential for exposure to Covid-19 increases exponentially", she said. "We don't want this association to be brought into disrepute. The Association is completely on board, and in complete adherence to the Covid-19 regulations and protocols. I came away from the meeting very hopeful.

Bar keepers do not benefit having to be closed, to be sanitised, or to close because they and their workers are infected with Covid-19 or in quarantine", she said.

Dr Bernard stressed that it is important that social distancing is observed outside of bars, and while she noted that bar keepers may not have jurisdiction on the pavement across the road from the bars, she said they can discourage people from gathering outside of the bar or in the precinct of the bar.

The Caroni CMOH disclosed that there has been a surge of cases in county Caroni during this month, with 60 positive cases in that district recorded up to Saturday.

The surge started at the beginning of March, as by the end of February there were 25 cases in that count.

There were clusters of cases recorded in the southern part of county Caroni in areas such as Claxton Bay and Freeport.

The numbers were rising rapidly, and the health ministry had adopted the "ring-fencing" approach to contain the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus.

She explained that this involved the swabbing and quarantining of more than 900 primary, secondary and tertiary contact of the positive cases, whether household or non-household contacts, or symptomatic or asymptomatic.

Dr Bernard pointed out that that approach however affects business continuity, and school attendance.

"This may sound severe, but it is something within county Caroni specifically we thought it was necessary to do as the numbers were rising rapidly, she said.

She noted that there was a trend of people not wanting to be swabbed even though they are living with a Covid-19 coronavirus positive person.

The Caroni CMoH however, pointed out that if a person declined swabbing, that person would still be quarantined because of their exposure to someone at home who is Covid 19 positive.

County Caroni is not in a dome, so what happens in another Caroni will affect others, she said.

Regarding the return of secondary school pupils to school for CAPE and CSEC examinations, Dr Bernard said the health ministry has been paying attention if anyone in Form Four to Six category.

She said disclosed that one pupil in that category had been quarantined in County Caroni.

"CSEC and CAPE exams are starting in June and we do not want students to miss their final exams. Covid-19 is still an active threat to the health and well-being of the citizens of this country. It is a threat to our students who are starting exams soon, and the public health and covid-19 protocols are there for the benefit of the citizens which include out children. We need you the population to take heed", she said.
https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/t ... ee898.html

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:51 am

Habit7 wrote:

Susan Mohammed

CARONI County Medical Officer of Health Dr Jeanine St Bernard has strongly discouraged bar hopping, as two people who had recently tested positive for the Covid-19 coronavirus had admitted to it.

At Saturday's Covid-19 media briefing, Dr Bernard said that this week she had met with President of Bar Keepers and Operators Association Satesh Moonasar.

"Bar hopping is a tradition of not going to just one bar. This is a practice I would want to strongly discourage as the potential for exposure to Covid-19 increases exponentially", she said. "We don't want this association to be brought into disrepute. The Association is completely on board, and in complete adherence to the Covid-19 regulations and protocols. I came away from the meeting very hopeful.

Bar keepers do not benefit having to be closed, to be sanitised, or to close because they and their workers are infected with Covid-19 or in quarantine", she said.

Dr Bernard stressed that it is important that social distancing is observed outside of bars, and while she noted that bar keepers may not have jurisdiction on the pavement across the road from the bars, she said they can discourage people from gathering outside of the bar or in the precinct of the bar.

The Caroni CMOH disclosed that there has been a surge of cases in county Caroni during this month, with 60 positive cases in that district recorded up to Saturday.

The surge started at the beginning of March, as by the end of February there were 25 cases in that count.

There were clusters of cases recorded in the southern part of county Caroni in areas such as Claxton Bay and Freeport.

The numbers were rising rapidly, and the health ministry had adopted the "ring-fencing" approach to contain the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus.

She explained that this involved the swabbing and quarantining of more than 900 primary, secondary and tertiary contact of the positive cases, whether household or non-household contacts, or symptomatic or asymptomatic.

Dr Bernard pointed out that that approach however affects business continuity, and school attendance.

"This may sound severe, but it is something within county Caroni specifically we thought it was necessary to do as the numbers were rising rapidly, she said.

She noted that there was a trend of people not wanting to be swabbed even though they are living with a Covid-19 coronavirus positive person.

The Caroni CMoH however, pointed out that if a person declined swabbing, that person would still be quarantined because of their exposure to someone at home who is Covid 19 positive.

County Caroni is not in a dome, so what happens in another Caroni will affect others, she said.

Regarding the return of secondary school pupils to school for CAPE and CSEC examinations, Dr Bernard said the health ministry has been paying attention if anyone in Form Four to Six category.

She said disclosed that one pupil in that category had been quarantined in County Caroni.

"CSEC and CAPE exams are starting in June and we do not want students to miss their final exams. Covid-19 is still an active threat to the health and well-being of the citizens of this country. It is a threat to our students who are starting exams soon, and the public health and covid-19 protocols are there for the benefit of the citizens which include out children. We need you the population to take heed", she said.

BFB, so why did Keith Christopher Donkey encourage persons to go to Tobago with an upsurge in cases. Isn't that irresponsible?

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 11:51 am

Habit7 wrote:

While i agree with you that many bookings were made in advance ( although I know people who went last minute) and I don't blame the spike on it because I have no data to suggest such , my point is that it was irresponsible in the middle of a pandemic. That was a good time to do what he did yesterday ( which I fully support) if we are to believe utterances made by the CMO.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:56 am

sam1978 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

While i agree with you that many bookings were made in advance ( although I know people who went last minute) and I don't blame the spike on it because I have no data to suggest such , my point is that it was irresponsible in the middle of a pandemic. That was a good time to do what he did yesterday ( which I fully support) if we are to believe utterances made by the CMO.

He can't accept that Rohan deliberately tried to mislead the public and Keith was irresponsible. He probably believes Camille hair does magically grow and some UNC MPs went on a super diet and exercise programme to lose weight. Actually he might not believe the latter because it's UNC and they terrible but for him not the PNM.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 16th, 2021, 12:00 pm

sam1978 wrote:I agree that it's the ILLEGAL immigrants that are responsible for the increase. This could also be the reason the spike is in certain areas

Hello sam1978,

I agree as well, but they are not totally responsible.

With the many repatriation flights, and erroneous, falsified and undetected results, MANY irresponsible Trinis would have breached quarantine orders.

These are the same Trinis that are seen like sardines in supermarkets, hardwares, beaches, bars and on the streets.

If you must blame, then share it.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Susan Mohammed

Two bar hoppers testing positive does not mean they got it from bar hopping or spread it that way.
Drunk people are out of their senses and cannot rationalize their actions ,yes the bars should be closed. That does not make it a source of what we are seeing unless research is done and data is presented.

My opinion , and that's exactly what it is , is thatt the migrant population in the east Indian areas is what is fueling it. These are the areas they choose to reside because of safety ( in their minds because of the reports of violence and crimes in the afro areas) , avaiability of housing (the East Indians have most of the apartments) , jobs ( that's where jobs are available and businesses are located) and the last is that their cultures are similar so they assimilate better.

Look at where most of the immigrants are concentrated and yon might have the same opinion.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm

MaxPower wrote:
sam1978 wrote:I agree that it's the ILLEGAL immigrants that are responsible for the increase. This could also be the reason the spike is in certain areas

Hello sam1978,

I agree as well, but they are not totally responsible.

With the many repatriation flights, and erroneous, falsified and undetected results, MANY irresponsible Trinis would have breached quarantine orders.

These are the same Trinis that are seen like sardines in supermarkets, hardwares, beaches, bars and on the streets.

If you must blame, then share it.

I blame the locals with their lackadaisical attitudes for spreading it and the illegal immigrants for bringing it.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 12:15 pm

Driving through the main rd in Chaguanas yesterday I saw nearly EVERBODY at least 75% with chin straps or nose uncovered. Taxi and private hire too and we wondering why the spike? The SOE and Curfew is the only thing that could mitigate our situation.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2021, 12:16 pm

sam1978 wrote:While i agree with you that many bookings were made in advance ( although I know people who went last minute) and I don't blame the spike on it because I have no data to suggest such , my point is that it was irresponsible in the middle of a pandemic. That was a good time to do what he did yesterday ( which I fully support) if we are to believe utterances made by the CMO.

The thing is you cannot hear him endorse vacationing in Tobago and not hear him even more endorse personal responsibility for safety in the pandemic. In Jan to March everybody was crying out for their freedom, for every Trinis abroad to come home, for them to work, go restaurants and beach but with them to perform their own safety protocols. Suddenly now in April and May ppl begging for their rights to be taken away, to be lockdown and curfewed. Whether ppl go Tobago/Maracas/Mayaro/bar/backyard we all have to be responsible. We cannot lockdown forever.

https://youtu.be/nCYp4PerWKo?t=2929
you know what's happening now
Tobago is almost full and overflowing
the place to be is in Tobago
and I tell you the best vacation you can
have at home in Trinidad and Tobago is
in Tobago
go to Tobago if you want but when you go
to behave yourself
behave yourself we are in a pandemic
wear your mask stay away from crows no
partying
and so on and so on and you can have a
wonderful easter in Tobago
nobody asks you to go and see I'm
building a mask on your face
but when you come out of the water
before you go to anybody
put on your mask and everybody gonna be
all right
and that for me is a success of the
people
of Trinidad and Tobago
[Applause]

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 12:26 pm

Yes he clearly admonished that they do the right thing, but he also knows the mentality of the people he governs. Telling them to do ghe right thing is not going to change anything. I'm only blaming him for spending the wrong signal. He show.d have started the SOE then.

A major problem we have now is that while the citizens are locked down trying to bring a respite to the situation , only a part of the country is locked down while there is room for the virus to enter just like the brown packages a couple days ago.

If the borders are properly controlled ( it could be from within, deploy the army to the known illegal points of entry which they know according to the MNS).

They should also stop and search ,ask for documents and follow up with deportation, the news will travel and probably reduce the flow. It cannot and must not be left unchecked otherwise the efforts made by the aaGovt will be of no use.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 12:30 pm

Dr Rowley telling Trinis to be responsible is like telling a three year old child not to leave the yard and go in the road. You have to lock the gate.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 16th, 2021, 12:41 pm

sam1978 wrote:

I agree that it's the ILLEGAL immigrants that are responsible for the increase. This could also be the reason the spike is in certain areas. They are known to settle in mainly east Indian communities, the reason for that I won't go into now.

If the PNM is not doing anything about them, and the PNM is in charge , let's blame the UNC?

I am as black as you can get, but I dislike Rowleys actions and his behaviour. Does that qualify me for being a racist?

Is Rowley doing all the right things for all the people of TnT? Is the resources of the nation being disbursed with equity? Do you not see when wrong is done or must I'm like many others accept whatever is done because I'm black and the PNM is a black party . Or does that make me exactly what you criticise in the UNC? Was he right to say the place to be is Tobago in the middle of a pandemic?

the last part of my sentence is misinterpreted. All i meant to say is the racial hate as well as political allegiances will be our undoing. My statement was not mean to mix the two (while that does happen mind you). I never said that the PNM is without blame. For illegals to reach in its because the borders are not secured. Which is a failure of the ruling government. With respect to resources being distributed with equity, i am, mixed about that. Cause imo you work for what you earn. And on many occasions the government bails out or helps people who did nothing to deserve it. Look at food cards, YTEPP, GATE, HDC, CEPEP, URP, etc. These programs since their inception have given billions to people and its not the governments fault that people have not made the best use of these facilities. I firmly believe that people should get off there ass and maximise the benefits of these programs to put themselves in a better position. There is off course misallocation of resources. (like with the rent scandal) I not denying that. My solution for that has always been that we need a new party that appears to have a mandate that will put us back on track. That will give us the people what we need as imo we have outgrown PNM and UNC. Look at Barbados, they had enough and came together and will in time reap the benefits from the change in government. Also, with respect to your last statement, can people not think for themselves? So if the PM say to beat your wife, you would? If the PM says to drive off a cliff you would? No one held a gun to anyones head and demanded that they go to Tobago. Either way, it is highly unlikely that Tobago was the sole event that contributed to the rise in cases as the Brazilian variant cannot just instantly teleport into a country. It came from individuals who belong to Latin America.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”