TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Where to safely/legally Ride a Bicycle in this country?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

JF.K
Chronic TriniTuner

Where to safely/legally Ride a Bicycle in this country?

Postby JF.K » May 10th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Always enjoyed cycling as a youth for the fun and exercise.
Wanted to get back into it, but not sure where a person can go to do this.

Recreation Grounds is out since those are Walking Tracks,
Highways are dangerous and illegal,
Normal Roads are dangerous and causes too much stop and go riding rather than a continuous run,
Back Roads are filled with Ankle Biting, Stray Dogs (property tax just came into my mind),

I am not sure if there are places in this country where spaces are allocated for bicycle riding as compared to other countries that we like to compare Trinidad to.

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Where to safely/legally Ride a Bicycle in this country?

Postby eurotuner » May 10th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Tucker Valley(maqueripe Road) brah. If yuh iz a mountain biker then you can go off into the trails. Hella fun

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 10th, 2017, 10:49 pm

skinner park. around ato boldon stadium. almost any rally stage if yuh able.

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » May 10th, 2017, 11:36 pm

Buy a stationary bike and pedal how much yur want home . lol. jk

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » May 11th, 2017, 5:46 am

Savannah has a bike lane during a certain time

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 11th, 2017, 10:16 am

Many friends utilise the back roads between Cunupia and Grande.

Caroni southbank road, las lomas, ragoonanan road, welcome road, Brazil, through Cumoto etc.

I usually run through those back roads in Cunupia on a Sunday morning and there are ankle biters, once you know how to handle dogs you should be OK. Traffic is light, but only on Sundays.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 11th, 2017, 10:20 am

Bro Join a cycling club and go for rides with them.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 11th, 2017, 10:48 am

zoom radar could probably advise yuh

he around these days?

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » May 11th, 2017, 2:35 pm

ON YUH ROOF!!

Turbo
Chronic 2NR

Postby Turbo » May 11th, 2017, 2:49 pm

tr1ad wrote:Savannah has a bike lane during a certain time

dem MC n dem + d royalty parking over the solid white line and the ones who park on the inside lane around d savannah making it now a two lane instead of the normal three

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 11th, 2017, 2:51 pm

crystal stream highway diego martin is blocked off on sunday mornings for bikes, exercise use

foots
3NE 2NR for life

Postby foots » May 11th, 2017, 6:30 pm

JF.K wrote:Always enjoyed cycling as a youth for the fun and exercise.

Normal Roads are dangerous and causes too much stop and go riding rather than a continuous run,
Back Roads are filled with Ankle Biting, Stray Dogs (property tax just came into my mind),

I am not sure if there are places in this country where spaces are allocated for bicycle riding as compared to other countries that we like to compare Trinidad to.

JF. K, if you from the east, the Eastern Main Road can be fairly safe to ride, depending on the time of day. Between 6-8:30am and 3-5pm on weekdays it becomes a parking lot....a looong line of bumper to bumper traffic. You can ride on the left side of the road fairly safely once you alert and careful (it broad enough for a bike and a car in most places)......and frankly the vehicles don't often get to move fast enough to do you any real harm. My coworker and i have been doing that since last year without much incident, and it quicker/less frustrating than sitting in traffic for 3 hours every day. And in spite of the stop and go, it can still be good exercise.

Also, the road that takes you up into lopinot from the EMR is a nice ride too, early in the morning..... but it gets hillier and hillier the further you go.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 11th, 2017, 8:07 pm

Pavement dawg

sweet jumps too

do some bike parkour
Bikour

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 11th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Anywhere if you get up very early.

UK and Holland have designated lanes. Holland is King.

Maybe you can migrate - exercise, free health care and small tax.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » May 11th, 2017, 10:30 pm

crazybalhead wrote:Many friends utilise the back roads between Cunupia and Grande.

Caroni southbank road, las lomas, ragoonanan road, welcome road, Brazil, through Cumoto etc.

I usually run through those back roads in Cunupia on a Sunday morning and there are ankle biters, once you know how to handle dogs you should be OK. Traffic is light, but only on Sundays.

send me your route nah, maybe a day we could link... after i get some new inner tubes

R. Hertz33
Chronic 2NR

Postby R. Hertz33 » May 12th, 2017, 3:09 am

Caura is actually a nice run, not too much strays but u have to be aware around the corners, early sunday morn is easy though. But alot of ppl warned me that its not safe, so i dont go anymore ssince i ride solo. But if u get a padnah yea

R. Hertz33
Chronic 2NR

Postby R. Hertz33 » May 12th, 2017, 3:10 am

Still trying to confirm whether it safe or not though...cuz i see one or two other riders

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 12th, 2017, 5:04 am

It is not safe .. that is one scary place ..

Isn't there an asylum or hospital up there where people are locked up ?

Yes cycling is good especially in the early mornings . Do it 2-3 times a week.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 12th, 2017, 9:44 am

I recently started back riding after almost 20 years off the saddle.
I'm on back roads, main roads, Couva, Grancouva, freeport, brasso,
I ride on a Sunday morning (630-930) on long rides ~60km and roads are mostly empty, by the tail end of my ride gets a little busy, but drivers are mostly courteous.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 29th, 2017, 4:01 pm

You can ride pretty much anywhere, highway is a great place to ride on the shoulder lane.

The odds of a car running off the road and killing you is less than you actually driving to work and being killed by a truck.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » October 29th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Forkin dogs

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 29th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Mercenary wrote:Forkin dogs

THAT is the one and only issue with riding a bike in a 3rd world sh!t hole like Trinidad. Dogs bite me already, and they always chase you if you are on a bike. Though for some reason they don't chase the fellas riding roadbikes in a group.

Highway is the better deal, shoulder lane, no dogs, empty lane all to yourself, safe, I ride on the shoulder never had an issue always a beautiful ride from Piarco to St Augustine. I does get a lil trouble around the airport cause the road narrow so I does block traffic, but once I reach TTPOST is wide road and pavement then straight highway.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » October 29th, 2017, 4:37 pm

boyyy

lewwe not talk about dogs, I was riding in my neighborhood for exercise and one run in front of me, I had to pull a hard brakes and fly over the handlebars

I should run over he backside yes... maybe it would have been a good lesson

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » October 29th, 2017, 5:29 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:You can ride pretty much anywhere, highway is a great place to ride on the shoulder lane.

The odds of a car running off the road and killing you is less than you actually driving to work and being killed by a truck.

No bikes are allowed on the highway saddis.There are signs saying this.You cyar read owa ?
JF.K wrote:Always enjoyed cycling as a youth for the fun and exercise.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 29th, 2017, 5:39 pm

^ and which police man stopping a bike man on the highway? I see people do it constantly everybody does it everyday and there has never been a case of someone getting charged for riding a bike on the shoulder. Police pass me every time even in road blocks they just let me through.

Police in this country eh charging nobody on a bicycle. I really not about that mainroad las lomas riding where every minute I have to stop and jump off a cliff just to get a huge truck pass me on a narrow ass piece of road.

doh get me started about pavements in this country where every 10 seconds of riding you find a portion of it with a missing manhole cover where you can damage your bike or fall to your doom. Other countries have bike lanes, this country has none. Where then do they expect you to ride? most parks they don't allow bikes, and the ones that do you must find some idiot parking their vehicle on the lane. Also I eh wa ride in a circle to nowhere I want to ride the open world

The mainroad is also extremely dangerous, I not about that vehicle sometimes LONG ones passing 2 inches from me. Where just a small clip can have you under the tire, the highway shoulder is very safe in comparison.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » October 29th, 2017, 9:08 pm

^^^^
Not omly is bicycle highway riding illegal, whg subject yourself to so much exhaust emissions ? Not to mention the risk with cars passing by at high speed...but if you wanna dead fast go right ahead ?

shameemh
Street 2NR

Postby shameemh » October 29th, 2017, 9:41 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ and which police man stopping a bike man on the highway? I see people do it constantly everybody does it everyday and there has never been a case of someone getting charged for riding a bike on the shoulder. Police pass me every time even in road blocks they just let me through.

Police in this country eh charging nobody on a bicycle. I really not about that mainroad las lomas riding where every minute I have to stop and jump off a cliff just to get a huge truck pass me on a narrow ass piece of road.

doh get me started about pavements in this country where every 10 seconds of riding you find a portion of it with a missing manhole cover where you can damage your bike or fall to your doom. Other countries have bike lanes, this country has none. Where then do they expect you to ride? most parks they don't allow bikes, and the ones that do you must find some idiot parking their vehicle on the lane. Also I eh wa ride in a circle to nowhere I want to ride the open world

The mainroad is also extremely dangerous, I not about that vehicle sometimes LONG ones passing 2 inches from me. Where just a small clip can have you under the tire, the highway shoulder is very safe in comparison.

It is also illegal to ride a bicycle on a pavement/ sidewalk. Same as on the highway, hence the sign "no bicyles, no animals, no pedestrians, no mopeds." Buy this is trinidad, the land of which u can get away with murder, literally. Chaguaramas has some really nice roads to ride on tho, like the one goin into maqerepe. (Forgive the spelling)

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2017, 12:04 am

shameemh wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ and which police man stopping a bike man on the highway? I see people do it constantly everybody does it everyday and there has never been a case of someone getting charged for riding a bike on the shoulder. Police pass me every time even in road blocks they just let me through.

It is also illegal to ride a bicycle on a pavement/ sidewalk. Same as on the highway, hence the sign "no bicyles, no animals, no pedestrians, no mopeds." Buy this is trinidad, the land of which u can get away with murder, literally. Chaguaramas has some really nice roads to ride on tho, like the one goin into maqerepe. (Forgive the spelling)

Macqueripe .. :D

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » October 30th, 2017, 1:35 am

UWI

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 30th, 2017, 2:40 am

Firebun all ah allyuh blasted bmx...leave the dogs alone

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”