New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Re: New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

Postby Ben_spanna » July 16th, 2020, 1:18 pm

Javka55 country
Failure to show inspection sticker and certificate has such a high demerit value, YET
Overtaking traffic dangerously ( which i would also interpret the shoulder overtaking as being applicable) only has 3 demerit points, which fr1k1ng idiot came up with these numbers???
I guess they dont want the taxis, maxis and all ph drivers who love to break the law pissed off at them.......

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 16th, 2020, 2:03 pm

its easier to detect no inspection sticker than driving dangerously.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 17th, 2020, 2:20 am

There are spec sheets/quotations floating around on the internet. They identify the accuracies and guidelines for the gun itself.
If you have the info and you know how it works, use it to your advantage.

My biggest complaint is that people want to make sure that they below the limit so if there is a speed trap (if they know or see police timing), they suddenly drop their speed 20-30kph below the limit ( if the limit is 80-100).
It have the other group of blessed individuals who think that if I'm driving at the limit, then nothing should be able to overtake me so I'll occupy the right lane for the entire highway commute.

sMASH wrote:well, duhhh. less people on the road for pandemic and economic reversal.

wrt to the speed gun and being charged for 101kmph, the law cites 1 to 5/10 kmph over the speed limit as the first bracket. it didnt accomodate an error margin. u might have to prove that ur speed was actually not above, and u would have to provide the document to show the error of that machine that was used.
but, it is not illegal to go at the max of the speed limit, so a magistrate cannot.... should not tell u that u HAVE to go less than 98kmph to avoid the possiblity of the charge. we getting into the complexity detail that trini not going to put up with.
rule of thumb, just stay a 5 km under the speed limit.

hear this, if ur inspection expired, but u have an appointment, tha goh wuk?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 17th, 2020, 6:54 am

kamakazi wrote:There are spec sheets/quotations floating around on the internet. They identify the accuracies and guidelines for the gun itself.

My biggest complaint is that people want to make sure that they below the limit so if there is a speed trap (if they know or see police timing), they suddenly drop their speed 20-30kph below the limit ( if the limit is 80-100).
It have the other group of blessed individuals who think that if I'm driving at the limit, then nothing should be able to overtake me so I'll occupy the right lane for the entire highway commute.

sMASH wrote:well, duhhh. less people on the road for pandemic and economic reversal.

wrt to the speed gun and being charged for 101kmph, the law cites 1 to 5/10 kmph over the speed limit as the first bracket. it didnt accomodate an error margin. u might have to prove that ur speed was actually not above, and u would have to provide the document to show the error of that machine that was used.
but, it is not illegal to go at the max of the speed limit, so a magistrate cannot.... should not tell u that u HAVE to go less than 98kmph to avoid the possiblity of the charge. we getting into the complexity detail that trini not going to put up with.

i have been guilty of that. but, i rarely have been on any highway since the demerit, and was not in close traffic. and its not because i just suddenly realize im going fast, its because the aerodynamics, power and slope of the road makes it quite easy to gain speed. the undulations make it quite difficult to maintain a set speed.

if was up to me, most of these demerit would be less money, and citation to fix with the ticket pending. and the demerit points will come for dangerous driving practices.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 17th, 2020, 7:26 am

Come after august...they gonna tax the demerit.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » July 17th, 2020, 7:52 am

kamakazi wrote:There are spec sheets/quotations floating around on the internet. They identify the accuracies and guidelines for the gun itself.

I have quite a few of them on dashcam, driving 90 on the right lane and the jackarse in the center lane blocking too

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 17th, 2020, 7:55 am

aaron17 wrote:Come after august...they gonna tax the demerit.
Vat on fines sounds about right

It is a service afterall

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 21st, 2020, 1:38 pm

https://www.facebook.com/PoliceServiceTT/posts/3509690222382967

August 21st, 2020

MEDIA RELEASE

Young driver chalks up Demerit Points and loses license

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) is making a strong appeal to all motorists to immediately cease and desist from using the Priority Bus Route (PBR), without the necessary authorization from the Ministry of Works and Transport. This appeal extends especially to young drivers and members of the protective services.

Twenty-three fixed penalty notices were issued to drivers for unauthorized use of the Priority Bus Route on Thursday morning during a road exercise on the PBR in the St Joseph area. Under Regulation 2 of the Highway Act Special Roads (traffic) Regulations Chapter 48:01, the offence carries a penalty of $2,000 and six (6) Demerit Points.

During the exercise that was conducted by the Traffic Branch Roadway Surveillance Unit, under the supervision of Inspector Charles, Sgt Phillip and Sgt Batson, officers stopped a young driver who only received his driving permit in January, 2020.

However, the new electronic UTURN traffic enforcement system indicated that he had already received a warning for a PBR violation earlier in July and also received a traffic ticket later in July for improper overtaking on the left, which earned him three Demerit Points. When added to the PBR ticket issued to him yesterday, the young driver had accumulated a total of Demerit Points to nine points, two points over the maximum threshold of seven Demerit Points for a Newly Licensed Driver, and will now be disqualified from driving for a period of one year.

According to Section 88M (1) amendment to the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Act Chapter 48:50, a newly licensed driver is defined as a driver’s permit or provisional permit holder issued within a period of twelve (12) months and carries a disqualification period of one (1) year.

Corporate Communications Unit
August 21st, 2020

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 21st, 2020, 1:40 pm

lol

$40 says they catch him driving without a permit next month

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 21st, 2020, 1:41 pm

so the warning means that no ticket or points were awarded but it was recorded in the UTURN system?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 21st, 2020, 1:46 pm

Someone who broke that much laws in less than a year will likely not view not having a licence as a hindrance.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 21st, 2020, 1:48 pm

Good in his arse. Hope to read more stories of these in the future.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » August 21st, 2020, 2:23 pm

There was some sort of "half price off" amnesty for Fixed Penalties due to the Covid restrictions that caused a backlog to pay off...when (if it has not passed as yet) is that due to end?

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » August 21st, 2020, 2:35 pm

I feeling safe enough to raise you $100.
Redman wrote:lol

$40 says they catch him driving without a permit next month

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 21st, 2020, 2:39 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:There was some sort of "half price off" amnesty for Fixed Penalties due to the Covid restrictions that caused a backlog to pay off...when (if it has not passed as yet) is that due to end?

I think it was a one off soon after the start of the whole demerit system. And i think it was that u received no points just the charges.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 21st, 2020, 2:40 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:There was some sort of "half price off" amnesty for Fixed Penalties due to the Covid restrictions that caused a backlog to pay off...when (if it has not passed as yet) is that due to end?

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/06/02/judici ... c-tickets/
All unpaid traffic tickets issued before May 26 can now be paid within six months with a 50 per cent discount of the fixed penalty.

A release from the judiciary on Sunday said this is according to the Miscellaneous Amendments Act, Act No. 10 of 2020.

“The Judiciary has developed an electronic portal to enable these payments to be made online and has worked with its bankers in this regard,” the release said.

“It is now working with the Treasury Department towards the final approval for receiving these payments and fully anticipates being ready to do so by June 16 at which time, fines will be accepted.”

The Judiciary’s Superseding Practice Direction published in Gazette No. 71 of 2020 dated May 15, extended the payment of all fines.

The release said it includes traffic tickets, for which payment is due, to three months from the date on which such payment is due.

That practice direction expires on June 15.

The Judiciary advises people who wish to access the 50 per cent payment option for traffic tickets received before May 26, will be able to make such payments with effect from June 16.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » August 21st, 2020, 3:05 pm

Redman wrote:

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/06/02/judici ... c-tickets/
All unpaid traffic tickets issued before May 26 can now be paid within six months with a 50 per cent discount of the fixed penalty.

A release from the judiciary on Sunday said this is according to the Miscellaneous Amendments Act, Act No. 10 of 2020.

“The Judiciary has developed an electronic portal to enable these payments to be made online and has worked with its bankers in this regard,” the release said.

“It is now working with the Treasury Department towards the final approval for receiving these payments and fully anticipates being ready to do so by June 16 at which time, fines will be accepted.”

The Judiciary’s Superseding Practice Direction published in Gazette No. 71 of 2020 dated May 15, extended the payment of all fines.

The release said it includes traffic tickets, for which payment is due, to three months from the date on which such payment is due.

That practice direction expires on June 15.

The Judiciary advises people who wish to access the 50 per cent payment option for traffic tickets received before May 26, will be able to make such payments with effect from June 16.

so open till November if wer are to use May 26 as the go date...i remember seeing/reading somewhere else that they were not ready to take playments for such and arrangement till the beginning of August?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 21st, 2020, 4:02 pm

November 25...
I didn’t see anything on the payment system.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 22nd, 2020, 10:31 am

Hard Luck fella, but you deserve it. He got so many warnings. Wish more dumbasses like that will be caught and removed from our roads.

Young driver chalks up Demerit Points and loses license

One young driver who received his driving permit only in January 2020, will now be disqualified from driving for a year, after racking up a series of Demerit Points on his driver’s license.

An official statement from the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) reports that the driver in question was stopped during an exercise that was conducted on Thursday morning, by the Traffic Branch Roadway Surveillance Unit, on the PBR in the St Joseph area.

The TTPS says when the young driver was stopped, the new electronic UTURN traffic enforcement system indicated that he had already received a warning for a PBR violation earlier in July. He also had received a traffic ticket later in July for improper overtaking on the left, which earned him three Demerit Points. When added to the PBR ticket issued to him yesterday, the young driver had accumulated a total of nine Demerit Points, two points over the maximum threshold of seven Demerit Points for a Newly Licensed Driver, and will now be disqualified from diving for a period of one year.

According to Section 88M (1) amendment to the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Act Chapter 48:50, a newly licensed driver is defined as a driver’s permit or provisional permit holder issued within a period of twelve (12) months, and carries a disqualification period of one (1) year.

During the exercise on the PBR on Thursday, some twenty-three fixed penalty notices were issued to drivers for unauthorized use of the Priority Bus Route. The TTPS notes that under Regulation 2 of the Highway Act Special Roads (traffic) Regulations Chapter 48:01, the offence carries a penalty of $2,000 and six (6) Demerit Points.

In its news release, the TTPS made a strong appeal to all motorists—especially young drivers and members of the protective services—to immediately cease and desist from using the Priority Bus Route (PBR), without the necessary authorization from the Ministry of Works and Transport.
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/young-d ... 7546435b8c

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » August 27th, 2020, 10:12 pm

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » August 27th, 2020, 11:13 pm

wrong and strong

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 28th, 2020, 10:26 am

plenty people always getting caught on that stretch as motorists use it to overtake on the left to cut back in on the right as the majority of times, they all heading east into wrightson road.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 28th, 2020, 10:50 am

That was painful to listen to

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 28th, 2020, 1:23 pm

agent007 wrote:plenty people always getting caught on that stretch as motorists use it to overtake on the left to cut back in on the right as the majority of times, they all heading east into wrightson road.

Ohhh. Yea I’m guilty of that. Half the time it’s not even me trying to beat traffic just the natural flow of the road. I’m far left and realize I wanna go straight.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 28th, 2020, 1:31 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:wrong and strong

Agreed.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » August 28th, 2020, 2:06 pm

j.o.e wrote:
agent007 wrote:plenty people always getting caught on that stretch as motorists use it to overtake on the left to cut back in on the right as the majority of times, they all heading east into wrightson road.

Ohhh. Yea I’m guilty of that. Half the time it’s not even me trying to beat traffic just the natural flow of the road. I’m far left and realize I wanna go straight.

Maraval parkway is the road before the stadium heading EB where people go into the turning left lane and then go straight as it's 2 lanes going into 3. But the left lane after is for people coming out of Maraval parkway on a yellow turn left light so it is dangerous to do that.

The road you're talking about.. if you're in the wrong lane when the solid line starts, tough, take the left, then the following right and wait for a space to merge back onto Wrightson Road.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 28th, 2020, 2:09 pm

I’m hardly there during busy periods. Lane change smooth like that. No one affected.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » September 14th, 2020, 4:00 pm

how much to inspect a car ? if you fail do they give time to fix the issues or you have to fix an then pay again to inspect the car?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 14th, 2020, 6:27 pm

screwbash wrote:how much to inspect a car ? if you fail do they give time to fix the issues or you have to fix an then pay again to inspect the car?

$300 to inspect, if you fail they let you know why, you go fix all that was defective and come back pay yuh 300 again and inspect and pass.
However long it takes and the cost for you to fix what was wrong is up to you.

It's a motivation to make you want to keep your vehicle in good working order and fix any significant problems as soon as they start. For example, if you have a oil leak, busted engine mounts, sketchy wiring and bad shocks, you would feel the hurt in your pocket less if you fixed them each individually as they arose than if you wait and have to fix them all at the same time.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2020, 6:31 pm

88sins wrote:
screwbash wrote:how much to inspect a car ? if you fail do they give time to fix the issues or you have to fix an then pay again to inspect the car?

$300 to inspect, if you fail they let you know why, you go fix all that was defective and come back pay yuh 300 again and inspect and pass.
However long it takes and the cost for you to fix what was wrong is up to you.

It's a motivation to make you want to keep your vehicle in good working order and fix any significant problems as soon as they start. For example, if you have a oil leak, busted engine mounts, sketchy wiring and bad shocks, you would feel the hurt in your pocket less if you fixed them each individually as they arose than if you wait and have to fix them all at the same time.

last inspection i did in LO was lights, wiper, horn, brake and e brake. less than a minute interaction over the pit.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”