New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

Postby 16 cycles » June 25th, 2020, 9:56 am

elec2020 wrote:
......(i think demerit points are when u going 30 kph over the speed limit)

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 25th, 2020, 9:58 am

maj. tom wrote:
elec2020 wrote:Speaking about air fresheners https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqZnm7wQeg&t=3s

jeeze that cop looks like he attends the monthly KKK bbq feast of his local Arizona chapter.

https://www.unclefinneyspoker.com/arizo ... ive-leave/

Bad, stink cops. Link to the BLM thread because it have a lot of people here who still don't understand what's going on.

Cops like that are why the BLM protests happened

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 25th, 2020, 10:00 am

16 cycles wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
......(i think demerit points are when u going 30 kph over the speed limit)

Thanks for the info

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 25th, 2020, 10:00 am

I think it can be up to the discretion of the officer to give you a warning if it's less than 10 over, but they're not obliged. They can give you a ticket for 1 km/h over the limit. As the system now roll out, they going to rest it hard on everyone. Plus the 3 CXC mandated critical thinking of traffic cops will go far...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 25th, 2020, 10:15 am

maj. tom wrote:I think it can be up to the discretion of the officer to give you a warning if it's less than 10 over, but they're not obliged. They can give you a ticket for 1 km/h over the limit. As the system now roll out, they going to rest it hard on everyone. Plus the 3 CXC mandated critical thinking of traffic cops will go far...
If there is a quota system for issuing tickets then that cop will sure make to fill his book

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 25th, 2020, 1:00 pm

They really can't give you for 1kph over the limit as the accuracy of the speed gun is plus or minus 2kph. So they should start charging from 3 over the limit.
maj. tom wrote:I think it can be up to the discretion of the officer to give you a warning if it's less than 10 over, but they're not obliged. They can give you a ticket for 1 km/h over the limit. As the system now roll out, they going to rest it hard on everyone. Plus the 3 CXC mandated critical thinking of traffic cops will go far...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 25th, 2020, 1:21 pm

but yet they will do it. You think dem 3 o-level occifers know what is Limits of Accuracy?
Whatever that radar gun say, so it will print on the ticket.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » June 25th, 2020, 1:24 pm

plenty rejected ttps applicants in here boi

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 25th, 2020, 2:25 pm

maj. tom wrote:but yet they will do it. You think dem 3 o-level occifers know what is Limits of Accuracy?

you can contest a ticket for 1km/h over the limit citing the accuracy of the speed gun being +/-2km/h in court. if it registers 101, the actual speed could be anywhere between 99-103, creating reasonable doubt.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 25th, 2020, 2:28 pm

redmanjp wrote:
maj. tom wrote:but yet they will do it. You think dem 3 o-level occifers know what is Limits of Accuracy?

you can contest a ticket for 1km/h over the limit citing the accuracy of the speed gun being +/-2km/h in court. if it registers 101, the actual speed could be anywhere between 99-103, creating reasonable doubt.

But suppose the Magistrate say if you know that then drive 95-98 to not have any worries and then buss your throat with a fine??

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 25th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

But suppose the Magistrate say if you know that then drive 95-98 to not have any worries and then buss your throat with a fine??

exceeding 100 is the offense and you would need proof of that- isn't reasonable doubt valid in court?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 25th, 2020, 2:44 pm

If you are going to charge someone for going over the limit but can't say with any certainty that they were above the limit... What are they being charged for.
Also the speedometer on most vehicles usually read slightly faster than the speed you are actually going (erring on the side of caution as the vehicle is delivered/equipped; changing tyre sizes will obviously change this scenario)

Dizzy28 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 25th, 2020, 2:56 pm

kamakazi wrote:If you are going to charge someone for going over the limit but can't say with any certainty that they were above the limit... What are they being charged for.
Also the speedometer on most vehicles usually read slightly faster than the speed you are actually going (erring on the side of caution as the vehicle is delivered/equipped; changing tyre sizes will obviously change this scenario)

Dizzy28 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

I not doubting alluh. I have realized Waze usually has my speed 4kms less than what I am actually doing based on the vehicle's reading (I do have a digital speedometer). Can't speak to the accuracy of either though.

However the mind of a Magistrate is a strange place and from what I have seen precedence as usually applies in high court don't have to apply there.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 25th, 2020, 3:28 pm

I really hope more folk get tickets and points .

They all wanted PNM so let them take bull

Ray Laks
Ricer

Postby Ray Laks » June 25th, 2020, 4:29 pm

maj. tom wrote:Image

This clears up everything. Think I will keep my tail in neutral and pay the fine.
Thanks to all you good folks for you input. All comments were appreciated.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 25th, 2020, 6:00 pm

Most didn't want another 5 years of...
zoom rader wrote:I really hope more folk get tickets and points .

They all wanted PNM so let them take bull

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » June 25th, 2020, 6:34 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
speedmelter wrote:my friend got a speeding ticket for 104 km/hr today, funny thing is i begging the girl to not be driving 80 all trip to south but the jackass police set themselves on the decline of a hill on the highway heading to south. Obviously your car will naturally accelerate a bit on the decline, what are you supposed to do? mash brakes going up the hill to reduce to abt 80 to compensate for the natural increase as you go over the hill? or are you supposed to slow down to 50 before you get to the incline then slowly accelerate up?

this thing is not about safety one bit. the stupid policeman ran out into the middle of the lane to stop the vehicle like a madman trying to commit suicide. No reflective gear, no proper gesture to pull over. I foresee someone bouncing down one of them these days and winning that case easily in court.

Claxton Bay?

it was right around there..

i have no problem with them charging pple for speeding but i know they deliberately picked that spot to catch persons because of the decline of the hill.

WRT a police officer running out into the middle of the highway to stop a car, they need to know better than that and do better than that, if someone knocks down one of them (and it is going to eventually happen) it is a very very easy case to win in court.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 25th, 2020, 7:33 pm

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 25th, 2020, 7:47 pm

whole video: "cyak cyak cyak cyak!"

pause

:roll:

Man cudda buy some Trinity white Chinese lacquer and fix that himself long time ago.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » June 26th, 2020, 9:24 am

Everything good lol.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 26th, 2020, 11:12 am

maj. tom wrote:whole video: "cyak cyak cyak cyak!"

pause

Man cudda buy some Trinity white Chinese lacquer and fix that himself long time ago.

the front plate is clearly defective, so exactly what is his problem?

better he start driving bison cart in d lagoon. no plates required, no tickets to be issued, no points on a license that doesn't exist.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2020, 12:01 pm

88sins wrote:
maj. tom wrote:whole video: "cyak cyak cyak cyak!"

pause

the front plate is clearly defective, so exactly what is his problem?

better he start driving bison cart in d lagoon. no plates required, no tickets to be issued, no points on a license that doesn't exist.

Make sure and have your pick up bucket on the cart cause that's a charge .

Bull & Donkey carts can still be charged

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 26th, 2020, 12:12 pm

zoom rader wrote:
88sins wrote:the front plate is clearly defective, so exactly what is his problem?

show me which ttps officer/licensing officer going to walk behind a bison & cart in a lagoon to see if the operator picking up his manure/have a pick up bucket :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2020, 12:16 pm

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
88sins wrote:the front plate is clearly defective, so exactly what is his problem?

show me which ttps officer/licensing officer going to walk behind a bison & cart in a lagoon to see if the operator picking up his manure/have a pick up bucket :lol:

PNM want money so by any mean necessary.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 26th, 2020, 12:36 pm

Ray Laks wrote:

This clears up everything. Think I will keep my tail in neutral and pay the fine.

So according to this if you are driving during the day with bulbs that aren't working u Ok? As long as you have them?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2020, 12:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Ray Laks wrote:

So according to this if you are driving during the day with bulbs that aren't working u Ok? As long as you have them?
Lights and have to be on and off as the times published.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Gonna have to do this. Riding the limit when u know it do easy to go over.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 26th, 2020, 1:28 pm

Ray Laks wrote:

I will also pay the ticket cause it easier.

But, u were charged fir no lamps, u were not charged for having them not lighted.
When clearly u had lamps installed.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 16th, 2020, 12:50 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/07/16/19-decrease-in-fatal-accidents/

THE police are reporting a 19 per cent decrease in fatal accidents and 1,300 errant drivers being ticketed for various traffic offences since the launch of the UTURN Traffic Enforcement, E-ticketing system in May.

The State can expect $1.3 million in revenue from the fines issued to the drivers and front seat passengers who failed to buckle up while commuting in a vehicle. Drivers also incurred four demerit points for failing to adhere to this road regulation.

A release from the police said that road regulation enforcement exercises on Friday led to the Traffic and Highway Patrol Branch’s Road Policing Task Force (RPTF) issuing 126 Electronic Fixed Penalty Notices to drivers for exceeding speed limits, failing to wear seatbelts, driving while using a mobile phone, driving a motor vehicle without an identification light illuminating the registration plate and driving a vehicle at night with one headlight.

The exercises also resulted in the arrest of 12 drivers for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) offences with one driver producing a reading of 119 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath – over three times the legal limit of 35 microgrammes of alcohol.

The exercises were conducted along three major highways, namely the Beetham Highway, the Churchill Roosevelt Highway and the Uriah Bulter Highway. Officers also conducted exercises along Main Roads such as the Dinsley Main Road, Arouca, Orange Grove, Tacarigua, and the Caura Royal Road.

The team was led by Senior Superintendent Dominique, Superintendent Gordon, ASP Williams, Inspector Charles and supervised by Sgt Harrylal.

The RPTF, the driving thrust behind the police’s road policing efforts, hopes this will act as a deterrent to drivers, further decreasing the 19 per cent reduction in fatal accidents achieved for 2020. Between January – June, 55 road users died in accidents as when compared to 68 for the same period in 2019.

Police Traffic Safety Co-ordinator Sgt Brent Batson, expressed disappointment that many drivers are still being ticketed for seatbelt offences. He said the police will soon start its “Sit, Click & Drive” awareness programme under the umbrella of its iRoadsafe Education and Awareness Campaign aimed at helping road users practice safer and more responsible behaviour and avoid points n their driver’s permits.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 16th, 2020, 1:10 pm

well, duhhh. less people on the road for pandemic and economic reversal.

wrt to the speed gun and being charged for 101kmph, the law cites 1 to 5/10 kmph over the speed limit as the first bracket. it didnt accomodate an error margin. u might have to prove that ur speed was actually not above, and u would have to provide the document to show the error of that machine that was used.
but, it is not illegal to go at the max of the speed limit, so a magistrate cannot.... should not tell u that u HAVE to go less than 98kmph to avoid the possiblity of the charge. we getting into the complexity detail that trini not going to put up with.
rule of thumb, just stay a 5 km under the speed limit.

hear this, if ur inspection expired, but u have an appointment, tha goh wuk?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”