Postby 88sins » November 30th, 2021, 11:13 am

2 new additions to the pack.
20211130_055312.jpg

These two gonna be real special. Only 4 weeks old, and challenging mama already

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Re: Post your Pet

Postby bamfo_dennis » November 30th, 2021, 11:58 am

what you think about this 88sins? I was pulling out my lil 2 inch pocket knife and slicing that pitbull throat from the inside to out like a navy seal. Imagine if it was a child walking near that pitbull. Owners walking it without a muzzle. And like they just don't care what going on. That poor sweet golden retriever boy i dying inside hearing him bawl in pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 30th, 2021, 1:30 pm

88sins wrote:2 new additions to the pack. 20211130_055312.jpg

looking healthy, what breed are they ? ...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 30th, 2021, 6:32 pm

Rovin wrote:

looking healthy, what breed are they ? ...

German shepherd

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 30th, 2021, 6:44 pm

bamfo_dennis wrote:what you think about this 88sins? I was pulling out my lil 2 inch pocket knife and slicing that pitbull throat from the inside to out like a navy seal. Imagine if it was a child walking near that pitbull. Owners walking it without a muzzle. And like they just don't care what going on. That poor sweet golden retriever boy i dying inside hearing him bawl in pain.

I would kick the girl in her teeth faster than I would harm the bully.
Because if yuh want to keep a powerful animal as a status symbol, when you are not physically or mentally capable of controlling said animal, you the owner alone are at fault for any and all damages your animal causes. That animal had zero training, and the owner physically cannot control it.

Old-school trick for you. All old school dog men, especially true game pitbull breeders and owners know this.

If you have an aggressive dog, when walking with them in public, or even whilst in your home, if you neglected to train and condition your animal, a break stick is cheap and easy to make, and extremely effective to use to stop a fight.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 11th, 2021, 9:40 am

New addition this week
Kong at 7 weeks
Attachments
IMG_20211211_094053.jpg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 12th, 2021, 9:30 am

^^^
What breed? Bullmastiff?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 12th, 2021, 10:40 am

De Dragon wrote:^^^
What breed? Bullmastiff?

Pitbull with severe ethnic syndrome
Attachments
IMG-20211211-WA0010.jpeg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 12th, 2021, 10:42 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:^^^
What breed? Bullmastiff?

Pitbull with severe ethnic syndrome

Nice.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 12th, 2021, 11:11 am

Cerberus @ 11 months
Cerberus.jpg

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » December 12th, 2021, 6:22 pm

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » December 12th, 2021, 8:54 pm

My husband want a black gsd. We have a long hair white and long hair black & tan.
The white is almost 8 wks and started barking last wk Fri. I say my toy poodles teaching him :lol:

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » December 18th, 2021, 9:04 am

Hi, does anybody know about places you can board your pet for a few days?
Preferably in south.
Thanks

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr. Go Slow » December 22nd, 2021, 11:06 pm

88sins wrote:
bamfo_dennis wrote:what you think about this 88sins? I was pulling out my lil 2 inch pocket knife and slicing that pitbull throat from the inside to out like a navy seal. Imagine if it was a child walking near that pitbull. Owners walking it without a muzzle. And like they just don't care what going on. That poor sweet golden retriever boy i dying inside hearing him bawl in pain.

I would kick the girl in her teeth faster than I would harm the bully.
Because if yuh want to keep a powerful animal as a status symbol, when you are not physically or mentally capable of controlling said animal, you the owner alone are at fault for any and all damages your animal causes. That animal had zero training, and the owner physically cannot control it.

Old-school trick for you. All old school dog men, especially true game pitbull breeders and owners know this.

If you have an aggressive dog, when walking with them in public, or even whilst in your home, if you neglected to train and condition your animal, a break stick is cheap and easy to make, and extremely effective to use to stop a fight.

100% correct regarding breaking stick. This breed is not for everyone. Also to bamfo_dennis, human aggression and animal aggression are two very different things.

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr. Go Slow » December 22nd, 2021, 11:39 pm

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 23rd, 2021, 12:40 am

^ Wow! Jasper looks reallyyyy nice and healthy. How old is he? He looks like a big teddy bear, lol.

This is Storm. Around 4 years old now. A rescue we took in at 4 months old in the worst of conditions due to neglect and abuse by the previous owner. Never intended on keeping her as she would try to eat the other small breed dogs we have and couldn't get her to integrate with them safely at all.

Also, we never wanted big breed dogs nor had any experience with them but we couldn't part with her even though trying a few times earlier on. The only people capable and willing to take her wanted to breed her, and well, we didn't want her to be mistreated cuz she kinda crack when she ready, so she's still with us :mrgreen:

Storm.jpg

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr. Go Slow » December 23rd, 2021, 6:32 am

Soul Collector wrote:^ Wow! Jasper looks reallyyyy nice and healthy. How old is he? He looks like a big teddy bear, lol.

This is Storm. Around 4 years old now. A rescue we took in at 4 months old in the worst of conditions due to neglect and abuse by the previous owner. Never intended on keeping her as she would try to eat the other small breed dogs we have and couldn't get her to integrate with them safely at all.

Also, we never wanted big breed dogs nor had any experience with them but we couldn't part with her even though trying a few times earlier on. The only people capable and willing to take her wanted to breed her, and well, we didn't want her to be mistreated cuz she kinda crack when she ready, so she's still with us :mrgreen:

Storm.jpg

Jasper is a little over three years I think ... I have 5 dogs ... it all blurs.

Good on you for the rescue! Just do your due diligence and you will be fine!

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 23rd, 2021, 7:35 am

Mr. Go Slow wrote:Jasper is a little over three years I think ... I have 5 dogs ... it all blurs.

Good on you for the rescue! Just do your due diligence and you will be fine!

3 years :shock: Those thoroughbred dogs built different yes. Just watching Jasper I feeling to hug him up and roll around the floor with him, lol

It used to be a blur for us as well...we had 8, all rescues...but lost one in 2020...and lost 2 more in this year alone....our first 2 main boys...aged 13 & 14. So we're down to 5 now and the house isn't the same anymore...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 23rd, 2021, 7:50 am

Soul Collector wrote:^ Wow! Jasper looks reallyyyy nice and healthy. How old is he? He looks like a big teddy bear, lol.

Storm.jpg

Rescues are great companions who I suspect sense that you're their rescuer.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 24th, 2021, 12:14 pm

De Dragon wrote:Rescues are great companions who I suspect sense that you're their rescuer.

She's really a wonderful companion. All she wants, is to know that there's someone near her and she's at peace. Took her a while to settle when she came because of her distrust for humans but once shown love, well that was that. We still jokingly say that we'll give her away....like if any one of us could part with her now, lol

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 24th, 2021, 12:53 pm

Rescue available at the Vet place on the library street in Tunapuna. Will be spayed this weekend and be available from Tuesday next week.
202017895.jpeg

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 24th, 2021, 3:45 pm

De Dragon wrote:Cerberus @ 11 months
Cerberus.jpg

That's a deadly pic.

We just test driving the new ears.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211224-154711.png

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 24th, 2021, 8:07 pm

Redman wrote:
Cerberus.jpg

That's a deadly pic.

Please explain how you test drive cropped ears on a pup, and how you revert back to original if they don’t work out.

Fellas, do your pets a huge favor.
Quit mutilating the animals for aesthetics. Yeah, I get that they look more intimidating with the cropped ears, and that might be the look that you like. But please understand, that the practice of cropping ears originated from a somewhat misguided train of thought that it was functional necessity, and not for aesthetics, and that doing it today is more often than not an unnecessary procedure that puts dogs at a disadvantage in certain everyday circumstances.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 25th, 2021, 6:44 am

Thanks for your opinion.
All of that was already considered.
Have a great Christmas.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 25th, 2021, 9:29 am

Redman wrote:
Cerberus.jpg

That's a deadly pic.

Had a young pit back in the day, the crop was just a small ting shorter than this, but not as low as the normal close crop like dragon one. Looked like an executive demon.
Named him piston.
Didn't keep him till adult hood cause Karen's in the area get on too much. Was supposed to have mastiff mixed in so woulda be a monster.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 27th, 2021, 2:01 pm

88sins wrote:
Redman wrote:
Cerberus.jpg

That's a deadly pic.

Please explain how you test drive cropped ears on a pup, and how you revert back to original if they don’t work out.

Quit mutilating the animals for aesthetics. Yeah, I get that they look more intimidating with the cropped ears, and that might be the look that you like. But please understand, that the practice of cropping ears originated from a somewhat misguided train of thought that it was functional necessity, and not for aesthetics, and that doing it today is more often than not an unnecessary procedure that puts dogs at a disadvantage in certain everyday circumstances.

Assume much? :roll:
Have you seen two Italian Mastiffs go at it?
Have you seen ears ripped clean off on them?
Have you seen one drag one several feet at full speed by an ear?
I have several other dogs, including Rotts/Pits and have had many, many more. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM was altered before save for my female Rottie (cropped tail), and her previous owner did that to her.
If I was into "aesthetics" as you put it, he wouldn't have a full tail, as many Mastiff owners do the half tail, but I've not seen any tail biting, so it was not done.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 27th, 2021, 8:38 pm

De Dragon wrote:
88sins wrote:
Redman wrote:
Cerberus.jpg

That's a deadly pic.

I have several other dogs, including Rotts/Pits and have had many, many more. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM was altered before save for my female Rottie (cropped tail), and her previous owner did that to her.
If I was into "aesthetics" as you put it, he wouldn't have a full tail, as many Mastiff owners do the half tail, but I've not seen any tail biting, so it was not done.

You can feel free to roll your eyes, hell, if you want to you can roll them like dice. I assume nothing, but I know what I've seen and experienced.
Cropping does have a useful purpose. But today, for the most part, is done for aesthetics and the owners preference.

You mention fighting mastiffs. When you witness 2 pits fight till they exhausted and dying and can't stand up but still scraping the ground to get to each other,, or pups in the same litter that have to be separated days after their eyes open let me know

All i will say is this.
In a real true fight with game dogs, dogs go for any of 4 parts.
1-Ears and face
2-Legs
3-Throat
4-Abdomen
In that order.

When you have a dog with short cropped ears, and he gets into a fight with another dog, and because your cropped dog has no ears for the other dog to target so he bites the cropped area and punctures the deep in the inner ear and your cropped dog gets an infection, and suffers MASSIVE blood loss, you will understand why, cropped ears for the most part as is done by owners today, is unnecessary.

That's my pov, ymmv.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 28th, 2021, 12:33 pm

88sins wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
88sins wrote:
Redman wrote:
Cerberus.jpg

That's a deadly pic.

You can feel free to roll your eyes, hell, if you want to you can roll them like dice. I assume nothing, but I know what I've seen and experienced.
Cropping does have a useful purpose. But today, for the most part, is done for aesthetics and the owners preference.

You mention fighting mastiffs. When you witness 2 pits fight till they exhausted and dying and can't stand up but still scraping the ground to get to each other,, or pups in the same litter that have to be separated days after their eyes open let me know

All i will say is this.
In a real true fight with game dogs, dogs go for any of 4 parts.
1-Ears and face
2-Legs
3-Throat
4-Abdomen
In that order.

When you have a dog with short cropped ears, and he gets into a fight with another dog, and because your cropped dog has no ears for the other dog to target so he bites the cropped area and punctures the deep in the inner ear and your cropped dog gets an infection, and suffers MASSIVE blood loss, you will understand why, cropped ears for the most part as is done by owners today, is unnecessary.

That's my pov, ymmv.

You're entitled to your pov of course, but months and several fights later, no ear damage, so I believe I made the correct decision, because as I have said and know for a fact, aesthetics had nothing to do with it.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 28th, 2021, 1:48 pm

I have a GSD that aims straight for the crotch in a fight . Really weird

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 28th, 2021, 2:41 pm

Sure that's a dog and not a hen?
timelapse wrote:I have a GSD that aims straight for the crotch in a fight . Really weird

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”