this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Tobago Ferry Boat thread

Postby Habit7 » January 26th, 2021, 4:36 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:I tort de LFDRFD PNM uses to only buy boat dat eh hah defect/deficiency/non conformance? :? :?

Oh, I see you have done the incident report already.

Care to share your findings?

Eet shut down
The End :lol: :lol: :lol:
The UNC/Kamla well wicked though, to send somebody all the way to Hobart, Australia, to sabotage the vessel.

Apparently, you still can't read:

At a distance of 398 nautical miles from Hobart, alarms were triggered. While the technical assessment concluded that the journey could have continued, NIDCO decided that the vessel should return to Hobart — it being the closest port of call — to investigate these occurrences and take the necessary corrective action to prevent their recurrence.

Where does it say it shut down? Is a tug towing it back to Hobart?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 26th, 2021, 4:44 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:I tort de LFDRFD PNM uses to only buy boat dat eh hah defect/deficiency/non conformance? :? :?

Eet shut down
The UNC/Kamla well wicked though, to send somebody all the way to Hobart, Australia, to sabotage the vessel.

At a distance of 398 nautical miles from Hobart, alarms were triggered. While the technical assessment concluded that the journey could have continued, NIDCO decided that the vessel should return to Hobart — it being the closest port of call — to investigate these occurrences and take the necessary corrective action to prevent their recurrence.

Un-bunch your drawers soldier, hypertension is the silent killer after all :| . You were the one insisting that these vessels never leave port unless everything is fine, that's why the extra beat up?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 26th, 2021, 4:58 pm

I passing around a cap. Let us sponsor ALTA classes for Dragon.

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Are you an arse? You feel is a Lego facking boat they built?
ALL complex projects like this have defects/deficiencies/non-conformances. What they are determine acceptance or not. The BAE boats had substantial performance deficiencies and they were rejected. The APT James' non-conformances appear to be not substantial enough to make it unsuitable for the sea bridge, but to say a multimillion dollar, multimillion part vessel doesn't have a single defect, is being an arse.
Maybe somewhere in your LFDRFD PNM addled brain, you thought I was attacking the vessel, and your knee jerk monkey glands were thus elevated?

The BAE OPVs were not delivered, the only reason we got back our money was because they already sold them to Brazil.

You are equating defects, deficiencies and non-conformance to safety standards, they are not the same. As I said before, unless you have knowledge of what the defects are with the APT James then you need to shut up. This is not your UNC friends where unsubstantiated claims could fly as truth.

If a defect is found on the ship it cannot sail. Stop peddling nonsense and lies. I really don't care what is going on your personal life that makes you so acerbic but your toxicity doesn't mean we have to accept your untruths.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 26th, 2021, 5:26 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
VII wrote:A service from the capital is always a must..personally I think its more important to preserve Toco and environs from the 2 legged breed of animals and all that comes with it ..a limited service maybe,but not the entire service..

We take for granted the rich concentration of biodiversity in that area,that's something we should not compromise no matter what..

And the 2 to 3 hr trips are perfect for those boats actually..running ph between toco and Scarborough up and down in more rotations maybe way worse, that's more suitable to water taxis/smaller vessels..

Govt subsidises that 3hr trip. The true price is about $1000, we only pay $100. If we could cut it down to 1hr with the same price, then it is less subsidy.

If that's the real cost then we are running a terribly inefficient service. Similar ferries in the Azores islands cost much less and are traveling similar distances (3 hours costing €45 or $400TT not subsided as there are competitors).

Subsidizing an island 'bridge' makes plenty of economic sense as it facilitates business plus does a social good by bringing opportunities to persons on both islands.

Having a port in Toco could be a good idea, but the trek to toco alone (even with better roads) is a turn off for many as well as an additional expense in gas and time. So it doesn't solve all the problems and the capex to get that project going not to mention the environmental cost probably isn't worth it.

Passing the buck the consumer does more harm in the long run by hurting the economy.

Long story short, it's best we subsidize the existing sea and airbridges and make it more efficient.

Are those Azores ferries, high speed (+35knots) catamarans? Otherwise it is not comparable.

No idea really, they were RORO cargo ships that were similar-sized if not bigger than our Tobago ferry.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 26th, 2021, 5:30 pm

FB_IMG_1611696504615.jpeg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 26th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Habit7 wrote:I passing around a cap. Let us sponsor ALTA classes for Dragon.

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Are you an arse? You feel is a Lego facking boat they built?
ALL complex projects like this have defects/deficiencies/non-conformances. What they are determine acceptance or not. The BAE boats had substantial performance deficiencies and they were rejected. The APT James' non-conformances appear to be not substantial enough to make it unsuitable for the sea bridge, but to say a multimillion dollar, multimillion part vessel doesn't have a single defect, is being an arse.
Maybe somewhere in your LFDRFD PNM addled brain, you thought I was attacking the vessel, and your knee jerk monkey glands were thus elevated?

The BAE OPVs were not delivered, the only reason we got back our money was because they already sold them to Brazil.

You are equating defects, deficiencies and non-conformance to safety standards, they are not the same. As I said before, unless you have knowledge of what the defects are with the APT James then you need to shut up. This is not your UNC friends where unsubstantiated claims could fly as truth.

If a defect is found on the ship it cannot sail. Stop peddling nonsense and lies. I really don't care what is going on your personal life that makes you so acerbic but your toxicity doesn't mean we have to accept your untruths.

Stop being an absolutist fool. Not every single defect will result in a vessel being unable to sail. Your quest to make these ferries the vessel version of the Immaculate Conception is tiresome and irritating. Worse yet, it is fatally flawed and wrong, yet here you are backtracking (to show what I have no idea) to double down on your obstinate nonsense.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 26th, 2021, 9:42 pm

what class of vessels did they dub these... Kyat-in-Bag classs... okay.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 26th, 2021, 9:44 pm

how much defect they found on the CPV's that kamala ordered? how many did rowley send back to damen?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 26th, 2021, 9:45 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Eet shut down

doh study it boy habbit, he jess mixing it up with one of the other boats pnm ordered,, the ocean flower 2. tell him austal is not bridgeman.. incase he went by the fridge, austal is NOT bridgeman.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 27th, 2021, 11:08 pm

sMASH wrote:how much defect they found on the CPV's that kamala ordered? how many did rowley send back to damen?

Millions apparently, because only LFDRFD PNM could order boat without, and only LFDRFD PNM could believe it.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 28th, 2021, 8:27 am

Came down on the APT Jams last night. Boat wukking nice.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 28th, 2021, 8:31 am

j.o.e wrote:Came down on the APT Jams last night. Boat wukking nice.

How long did the trip take?

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » January 28th, 2021, 8:40 am

eliteauto wrote:

2.5 hours

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 28th, 2021, 9:08 am

j.o.e wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

2.5 hours

JDLVish time
Used the JDLV 3 times in the last year and it averaged around 2hours 50 mins most time.
That 1 hour from entering the waters of PoS after the Bocas to docking is the real killer.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » January 28th, 2021, 9:10 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

2.5 hours

JDLVish time
Used the JDLV 3 times in the last year and it averaged around 2hours 50 mins most time.
That 1 hour from entering the waters of PoS after the Bocas to docking is the real killer.

Correct on the open waters it’s very fast but the slow down to come through west Trinidad adds a lot of time. It rounded the bocas in under 2 hours

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 28th, 2021, 9:28 am

Yip, 40kts in the West will cause too much wake and damage piers

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 28th, 2021, 12:06 pm

if the toco port comes into play, the speed limit may not be a factor.
but then, u have to factor in the drive up to toco... through the east west corridor.
save a 2 hrs sail time, to spend a 1.5hr drive time, tru pot hole, corner, traffic light, bad drive, police stop, wear and tear of ur vehicle and the extra fuel.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 28th, 2021, 9:54 pm

sMASH wrote:if the toco port comes into play, the speed limit may not be a factor.
but then, u have to factor in the drive up to toco... through the east west corridor.
save a 2 hrs sail time, to spend a 1.5hr drive time, tru pot hole, corner, traffic light, bad drive, police stop, wear and tear of ur vehicle and the extra fuel.

Toco ferry port should never have happened, or be allowed to continue.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 28th, 2021, 10:16 pm

y bai?
sellin ah port to buill ah port is good bizness

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 30th, 2021, 4:17 pm

FB_IMG_1612013703907.jpeg

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 9th, 2021, 5:05 pm

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 9th, 2021, 5:51 pm

I expect to see it in 2yrs time, fully kit out and looking brand new.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » March 9th, 2021, 6:24 pm

Don't worry, new one on the way again.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 6th, 2021, 4:45 pm

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 24th, 2021, 9:15 am

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 24th, 2021, 11:39 am

ferry go plunk!

did tnt get its money for the boat upfront?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 24th, 2021, 12:31 pm

sMASH wrote:ferry go plunk!

did tnt get its money for the boat upfront?

Only the most inept, bumbling person in charge would sanction a vessel's sale without an upfront payment or ironclad contract, wait, is LFD RFD PNM in charge, so hold on.............

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 24th, 2021, 12:32 pm

hope is not COD

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 24th, 2021, 2:02 pm

Les Couteaux jumb-- ............................... never mind!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”