Forums

The Tobago Ferry Boat thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Re: The Tobago Ferry Boat thread

Postby make meh care » April 26th, 2021, 8:33 pm

So sad had many journeys on that boat. Never mind that boat shutdown on we too much

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 27th, 2021, 7:28 am

make meh care wrote:

So sad had many journeys on that boat. Never mind that boat shutdown on we too much

MV Tobago, Panorama and Gelting, the original party boats. Yes, I old :lol:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 27th, 2021, 8:21 am

De Dragon wrote:
make meh care wrote:

These young 'uns do not know the joys of a 5-6 hour boat ride to get to Tobago.

Boat leaving POS at 11:00 p.m. and arriving Tobago 5:00 a.m.

Good days and great times.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 27th, 2021, 8:30 am

bluefete wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
make meh care wrote:

These young 'uns do not know the joys of a 5-6 hour boat ride to get to Tobago.

Boat leaving POS at 11:00 p.m. and arriving Tobago 5:00 a.m.

Good days and great times.

Never used any of those older boats.
However went Bago with the Beauport once. That was also a 6 hour one way scenes!!

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 27th, 2021, 10:17 am

Seeing that the GP can do a 8hrs trip to St Vincent and the Water Taxi has done 3hrs to Grenada, I don't know why we are not pursuing these as options for car vacations. They will have to build their own ramps though if we use the fast ferries because they don't come with ramps. And they have to know if they could handle 200+ extra cars on the island. But if I can take my family to Grenada in my car, I will go.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 27th, 2021, 10:36 am

Habit7 wrote:Seeing that the GP can do a 8hrs trip to St Vincent and the Water Taxi has done 3hrs to Grenada, I don't know why we are not pursuing these as options for car vacations. They will have to build their own ramps though if we use the fast ferries because they don't come with ramps. And they have to know if they could handle 200+ extra cars on the island. But if I can take my family to Grenada in my car, I will go.

How would motor insurance work?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 27th, 2021, 10:42 am

The same way it works with other countries with shared borders. Either your policy covers you for outside TT too or you buy temporary insurance for your time abroad.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 27th, 2021, 10:49 am

Habit7 wrote:The same way it works with other countries with shared borders. Either your policy covers you for outside TT too or you buy temporary insurance for your time abroad.

I like the idea.
In the past few years before Covid I had a few layovers in Grenada, one time for almost a day. Went down to the beach by the airport and thing and actually had the same idea as you. "Here would be a nice place to come over on a ferry trip with my own car" if that was possible.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » April 27th, 2021, 11:52 am

Same way as it works in the EU
Dizzy28 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:Seeing that the GP can do a 8hrs trip to St Vincent and the Water Taxi has done 3hrs to Grenada, I don't know why we are not pursuing these as options for car vacations. They will have to build their own ramps though if we use the fast ferries because they don't come with ramps. And they have to know if they could handle 200+ extra cars on the island. But if I can take my family to Grenada in my car, I will go.

How would motor insurance work?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 28th, 2021, 6:13 am

So we leaving Trini to head to Gren to get stick in Trini traffic jam?

I wonder if Grenada wants us and our cars there

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » April 28th, 2021, 7:20 am

Redman wrote:So we leaving Trini to head to Gren to get stick in Trini traffic jam?

I wonder if Grenada wants us and our cars there

Personally I think Grenadians should not let Trinis into their country . Trini nasty habits will spoil Grenada

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 28th, 2021, 7:28 am

Those new Fast ferrys mashing up peoples jetties down the islands daily and the Captains firetruck well know it, they are not slowing down enough ..... every day owners have to go down to their boats 15 mins after they see the ferry passes and either attempt to hold their boats off the moorings OR take their boats out in the bay and come back when the water has passed.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 28th, 2021, 8:18 am

bago > ddi

dbu

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 4th, 2021, 4:50 am

image.jpg

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 4th, 2021, 5:02 am

^^ Would it not have made more sense to buy the 2 boats from one supplier.

This would have minimised costs with respect to parts and maintenance.

But what do I know?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 4th, 2021, 9:41 am

bluefete wrote:^^ Would it not have made more sense to buy the 2 boats from one supplier.

But what do I know?

Then we would only have one new boat now because it takes 2yrs to build a boat and I doubt the factory can build 2 1000 pax boats at the same time.

And while there is efficiency in having the same model, if there is a design flaw like with the Boeing 737 Max, it would make both boat inoperable.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 4th, 2021, 9:47 am

bluefete wrote:^^ Would it not have made more sense to buy the 2 boats from one supplier.

But what do I know?

hand to mouth day to day maintenance. thats u think, thats how to live thats how to budget.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 4th, 2021, 11:13 am

sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

hand to mouth day to day maintenance. thats u think, thats how to live thats how to budget.

Wouldn't matter if we had 10 of the same boats, the sparing and maintenance would still be dismal once you have people in charge of these things who don't know, or care about sheit. Remember the oil pump issue that hobbled the Galleon's Passage?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 4th, 2021, 11:18 am

D ferry, d ferry, d ferry, d ferry!!!

Tobago is d place to be.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 4th, 2021, 12:55 pm

Hard pump in Bago

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 4th, 2021, 1:07 pm

De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

Wouldn't matter if we had 10 of the same boats, the sparing and maintenance would still be dismal once you have people in charge of these things who don't know, or care about sheit. Remember the oil pump issue that hobbled the Galleon's Passage?

Do you mean the raw water pump issue that occurred before it arrived in Trinidad after it crossed the large ocean in the world?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 4th, 2021, 1:13 pm

[vimeo][/vimeo]
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

Do you mean the raw water pump issue that occurred before it arrived in Trinidad after it crossed the large ocean in the world?

Nah, the raw sewage issue that flowing from your mouth.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 4th, 2021, 1:14 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

No Dumbo, the fact that a spare had to be flown in from half a way around the world to repair it :wink:
Certain things you really should stay out from

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 4th, 2021, 1:19 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

No Dumbo, the fact that a spare had to be flown in from half a way around the world to repair it :wink:

Of course that will happen, it was not at its home port, it was on its way to Trinidad to be delivered. Like really, that is your gripe?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 4th, 2021, 1:20 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

they could go bamboo and get any part.. oh wait, they clamping down on the foreign used industry to push to firm business.

economies of scale? nah, thief-conomies of scale. every dollar out the treasury is an chance to siphon a few cents.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 4th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

Of course that will happen, it was not at its home port, it was on its way to Trinidad to be delivered. Like really, that is your gripe?

:rofl: :rofl:
Dotishee, do you even know what critical sparing is? Or lemme guess, your next argument is that the "home port" had the part, and it was easier to fly it from Oh Hee Oh Ho?
Like I said, stay in your lane

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 4th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

do u service ur own car, out of ur own pocket? have u ever had to service a fleet? if u do, scale that up by some millions and u woudl get why the maintenance of ships would be cheaper if similar, rather than each part unique

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 4th, 2021, 1:44 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

Dotishee, do you even know what critical sparing is? Or lemme guess, your next argument is that the "home port" had the part, and it was easier to fly it from Oh Hee Oh Ho?

The part was not flown in from halfway around the world, it was sourced in Mexico and when they released they got the wrong part it was just repaired.

But continue to dig your hole of error. From it being an oil pump to it having to be flown in from across the world. I guess the next post won't be "oops I was wrong" but some beat up and insult fest.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 4th, 2021, 1:46 pm

reminds me of d local buses , iirc was 13 different models they had ....

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 4th, 2021, 1:46 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:

But what do I know?

The part was not flown in from halfway around the world, it was sourced in Mexico and when they released they got the wrong part it was just repaired.

But continue to dig your hole of error. From it being an oil pump to it having to be flown in from across the world. I guess the next post won't be "oops I was wrong" but some beat up and insult fest.

Your parents never said "oops I was wrong" for giving birth to you?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”