Forums

Petrotrin update: now Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby wingnut » June 26th, 2019, 10:08 am

Great advice there zr. Whats ur advice if you're in a small dept that has no forseeable upward movement options unless someone resign/retire/ded. Stick it out till someting opens up?

Also considering Its a relatively good company to work for in terms of stability, salary, benefits, permanent and given the current economic conditions and job market.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2019, 10:42 am

wingnut wrote:Great advice there zr. Whats ur advice if you're in a small dept that has no forseeable upward movement options unless someone resign/retire/ded. Stick it out till someting opens up?

Also considering Its a relatively good company to work for in terms of stability, salary, benefits, permanent and given the current economic conditions and job market.
If you not seeing improvements in terms is wages, added benefits or promotions then look to upgrade your education or skills. If possible do or start a side bussines. Added benefits could be more vacation days, company 0% loans, ect.

Only way out of dead end jobs is to uplift your education and keep looking.

Some folk just happy to do the same job year after year and it does not matter to them in terms of promotions or upgrading their education/skills.

I know a guy that refused a promotion because it carried more responsibility, working at nights and he had about 3 years to retire at 55.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 26th, 2019, 1:28 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Is that who I think it is?
shake d livin wake d dead wrote::agrue:

Yup..word going around is he shut down after filling up

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 26th, 2019, 2:04 pm

Hope he didn't put diesel.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 26th, 2019, 2:07 pm

zoom rader wrote:
wingnut wrote:Great advice there zr. Whats ur advice if you're in a small dept that has no forseeable upward movement options unless someone resign/retire/ded. Stick it out till someting opens up?

If you not seeing improvements in terms is wages, added benefits or promotions then look to upgrade your education or skills. If possible do or start a side bussines. Added benefits could be more vacation days, company 0% loans, ect.

Only way out of dead end jobs is to uplift your education and keep looking.

Some folk just happy to do the same job year after year and it does not matter to them in terms of promotions or upgrading their education/skills.

I know a guy that refused a promotion because it carried more responsibility, working at nights and he had about 3 years to retire at 55.
That is some good advice Zoom Raider.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 27th, 2019, 2:06 am

My work experience is different than what zr advocates though. I've spent at least a decade in my last two jobs. First one, came through the ranks, second one the money and benefits were/are excellent

Sateesh
Ricer

Postby Sateesh » June 27th, 2019, 5:38 am

so yuh blaming everyone but if they did not borrow 12 plus billion you would still have this thread. We bailed out Clico for more than twice that and we quiet. :mrgreen:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 27th, 2019, 7:00 am

De Dragon wrote:My work experience is different than what zr advocates though. I've spent at least a decade in my last two jobs. First one, came through the ranks, second one the money and benefits were/are excellent
That's what I did, I made sure I was growing within 5 years. I spent 11 years in one job cause of two promotions and extra vacation. I could have stayed and would still been working there. But I took my chances.

PT and Caroni (factory) workers got complacent and expected it to last forever. They were certain it was secured , no job is secured.

I had some of the best jobs in Trini and abroad.
In the end I beat the jobs to it as I retired at a very early age. I made sure I was secured. Parallel to my jobs I rented out appartments as I saw it as tax free income. That's why I said folk need to have a side income and it is why I support pure local trini businesses. I have stopped supporting Syrians and non local Chinese. They don't support locals.

The trini worker needs to secure himself first, employers don't give two chits about you. Our labour laws are really indentured and primative. I have worked abroad and in Europe and have seen real labour laws. You have to be a total clown to get fired or loose you job.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:17 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
car wrote:Image

Former refinery operator went to the bank wearing only this to protest the foreclosure of his property.

Look at this man nah, no shame. Whilst employed he was making more than triple the national average wage of the majority of workers in this island. Where the money gone now ? Surely he was aware that his wages were highly inflated and unsustainable especially in a floundering company. Time for him to wake up. He already has the coverall, just get a brush cutter now and suffer to survive just as the majority of the working class were doing years ago
Dumb arse an oil worker anywhere in the world always makes more than the agv wage. It's a high skill job and not no goverment clerk or bank job.

In the UK an oil worker makes £4600 agv per month while a goverment employee is at £2300.

Industrial education pays over CXC grade 3 passes.

When people don’t know the whole story it’s easy to twist it to suit ones needs lol.

This guy here is off his rocker. Not the first time he has done this. He went mad while working petrotrin. Pulled this exact stunt before and assaulted some bank staff back in the day and petrotrin wanted to fire him. He’s been warded due to mental instability etc. so no he is not prostrating for job loss etc. it just makes a good story as he has on the coverall.

Kind of hard to believe because he is/was an OPERATOR of a REFINERY.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:24 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

with Paria fuel

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Can you guess who the new operator will be? According to Khan the new operator "will be supplying their OWN supply of crude to be refined"

#donedeal

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 27th, 2019, 9:52 pm

V&A?
kstt wrote:Can you guess who the new operator will be? According to Khan the new operator "will be supplying their OWN supply of crude to be refined"

#donedeal

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 1st, 2019, 5:23 pm

So apparently the crowd at the PNM meeting in Pt Fortin was not Pt Fortin residents but "crowd padders"

I for one am certain I saw Stewart Young's father seated in the crowd.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 1st, 2019, 7:38 pm

kstt wrote:So apparently the crowd at the PNM meeting in Pt Fortin was not Pt Fortin residents but "crowd padders"

I for one am certain I saw Stewart Young's father seated in the crowd.

You mean Gary Sobers father?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 1st, 2019, 7:49 pm

Don’t forget the “sir”
Have some manners

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 1st, 2019, 8:47 pm

Redman wrote:But isnt that what Frankie said.....just before the PM stated that the process is not complete

Frankie you say?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » July 1st, 2019, 9:17 pm

zoom rader wrote:
kstt wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-new-refinery-operator-will-supply-fuel-to-tt-6.2.875159.c3189f4685

Will the price of fuel be set by the international company having a monopoly on our fuel. Will we the driving public be at their mercy?

How/what will our national budget be based on since we would not be a "owner" of the drilling and refining process? Gaining no Forex.
Taxes, from oil & gas and from you paying your taxes.

We are a tax nation now.

Only problem is our taxes does not bring in forex
Taxes are being used by imbert as a deterrent to the consumer and to reduce consumer purchasing power.

It's a pathetic attempt to curb Forex expenditure. Rather than stimulate local industry to earn Forex these idiots increase taxes and call it revenue...

It's just lazy governance....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 2nd, 2019, 5:56 am

Gladiator wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
kstt wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-new-refinery-operator-will-supply-fuel-to-tt-6.2.875159.c3189f4685

Will the price of fuel be set by the international company having a monopoly on our fuel. Will we the driving public be at their mercy?

How/what will our national budget be based on since we would not be a "owner" of the drilling and refining process? Gaining no Forex.
Taxes, from oil & gas and from you paying your taxes.

We are a tax nation now.

Only problem is our taxes does not bring in forex
Taxes are being used by imbert as a deterrent to the consumer and to reduce consumer purchasing power.

It's a pathetic attempt to curb Forex expenditure. Rather than stimulate local industry to earn Forex these idiots increase taxes and call it revenue...

It's just lazy governance....
The Syrians killed off local Industry to tote away forex.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 2nd, 2019, 9:09 am

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:But isnt that what Frankie said.....just before the PM stated that the process is not complete

Frankie you say?

Yeah the Newsday article-quoting Franklin Khan

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 9th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Kamla: Paria Fuel in serious trouble
Lincoln Holder

After less than eight months of existence Paria Fuel Trading Ltd is in serious financial trouble, and this is a significant threat to the supply of fuel to the nation, says Opposition leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Speaking at the UNC's Monday Night Forum in Fyzabad, she said a letter was dropped in her mailbox. It was from the chairman of Paria, Wilfred Espinet, to Energy Minister Franklin Khan and was dated June 7. She quoted, “An ongoing shortfall of US$20 million per month to purchase refined fuels to ensure supply to the country – this is a structural problem that is going to result in a shortage of fuels unless corrected.”

Persad-Bissessar commented, “That is a very serious issue. The chairman of Trinidad Petroleum Holdings, Wilfred Espinet, said so. What is that US $0 million shortfall about?"

She asked whether the oil company is losing US$20 million per month, saying at today’s rate of exchange, that was TT$140 million.

“That is not losing money. It is hemorrhaging money,” she said.

She told supporters if this company has to find US$20 million of TT dollars per month to buy fuel it may have to increase the price of fuel at the pumps for the everyday citizen.

It is clear, she said, that Paria Fuel Trading, the company with the sole responsibility for importing this country’s fuels, such as super, diesel, premium, kerosene and jet fuel, is in big trouble.

“This is what you get when you shut down Petrotrin and you had no plan post-Petrotrin,” Persad-Bissessar said, and the decision to close down Petrotrin would be the biggest economic debacle in the history of this country.

The letter she quoted mentioned another immediate risk the failure to implement ex-terminal pricing for imported fuel, despite the company's implementing a formula since November.

This, she said. was the height of incompetence on the part of Khan. She said Espinet went on in the letter to add another immediate risk" "The inability to secure two letters from the Ministry of Energy and the BIR to close the 2018 year-end audit and finalise long-term financing. Requests for both these letters have been pursued daily for several months."

This means Petrotrin cannot publish financial statements for 2018, she said, because of outstanding issues regarding royalty payments to the Energy Ministry and outstanding issues over taxes owed to the Board of Inland Revenue.

“This speaks to massive incompetence at the Ministry of Energy, the Ministry of Finance and at Trinidad Petroleum Holdings, where all the Petrotrin accountants and finance people were fired and they can’t find documents,” she said.

When you consider the loss of production, the loss of revenue, the loss of sales of refined products and the cost to settle with workers, she said, the closure of Petrotrin is a debacle because it was not properly thought out but done with spite, malice and contempt.

On Petrotrin bonds and loans she said next month Petrotrin has to pay US$850 million, which is more than TT$5 billion, to bondholders it owes for a bond taken out in 2009 by the Malcolm Jones PNM-appointed board of Petrotrin.

She claimed, “They cannot make that payment, and officials went to the bondholders and asked them to refinance the bond to 2026 at 9.75 per cent interest, which is an excellent interest rate, but bondholders refused the offer.”

As a result, she said, government had to borrow the remainder of the money from a syndicate of banks to make the US$850 million payment.

“It seems the Petrotrin candle is costing more than the funeral,” Persad-Bissessar said.

She declared that after four years the PNM had killed Petrotrin and now it was killing the National Gas Company. NGC, she said is also in trouble, thanks to political interference in natural-gas price negotiations in March 2017. She said the Prime Minister and National Security Minister Stuart Young arrogated unto themselves the responsibility for negotiating natural-gas prices for the NGC with EOG Resources in a hotel room in Houston.

“The result of that intrusion is, on the one hand, the NGC having to pay a lot more for natural gas, while on the other hand having to sell it to its customers in some cases at a loss,” she said. Maybe, Persad-Bissessar said, that was one reason why Gerry Brooks hustled and resigned from the NGC: he saw the writing on the wall.

She said at the PNM’s Let’s Talk Energy session in Point Fortin Khan said the Guaracara refining and storage facilities were very likely to be leased to an international operator because there is no indigenous capacity to run a refinery of that size and complexity. So, she said the Oilfield Workers Trade Union’s bid is in the wastebasket. She slammed the Rowley administration on the comment that there was "no indigenous capacity" to run the refinery, saying that was how highly the government thought of its people.

She said the UNC has a plan to reconsolidate Petrotrin into a fully integrated oil company, starting back up the Pointe-a-Pierre oil refinery on the most efficient and economical basis.

“By restarting Petrotrin, we will not have to import fuel and will avoid energy-price risk, save foreign exchange, provide meaningful jobs and ensure the company continues to contribute to the Treasury,” she said.

She also called on the PM to reveal the date of the local government elections.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/09/kamla-paria-fuel-in-serious-trouble/

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 9th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Probably that is why Espinet (and others) wanted to get rid of Paria earlier in the year and the possible packaging it together with the refinery.

As with most state companies, it loosing money from jump.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 9th, 2019, 2:32 pm

hydroep wrote:
Kamla: Paria Fuel in serious trouble
Lincoln Holder

After less than eight months of existence Paria Fuel Trading Ltd is in serious financial trouble, and this is a significant threat to the supply of fuel to the nation, says Opposition leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Speaking at the UNC's Monday Night Forum in Fyzabad, she said a letter was dropped in her mailbox. It was from the chairman of Paria, Wilfred Espinet, to Energy Minister Franklin Khan and was dated June 7. She quoted, “An ongoing shortfall of US$20 million per month to purchase refined fuels to ensure supply to the country – this is a structural problem that is going to result in a shortage of fuels unless corrected.”

Persad-Bissessar commented, “That is a very serious issue. The chairman of Trinidad Petroleum Holdings, Wilfred Espinet, said so. What is that US $0 million shortfall about?"

She asked whether the oil company is losing US$20 million per month, saying at today’s rate of exchange, that was TT$140 million.

“That is not losing money. It is hemorrhaging money,” she said.

She told supporters if this company has to find US$20 million of TT dollars per month to buy fuel it may have to increase the price of fuel at the pumps for the everyday citizen.

It is clear, she said, that Paria Fuel Trading, the company with the sole responsibility for importing this country’s fuels, such as super, diesel, premium, kerosene and jet fuel, is in big trouble.

“This is what you get when you shut down Petrotrin and you had no plan post-Petrotrin,” Persad-Bissessar said, and the decision to close down Petrotrin would be the biggest economic debacle in the history of this country.

The letter she quoted mentioned another immediate risk the failure to implement ex-terminal pricing for imported fuel, despite the company's implementing a formula since November.

This, she said. was the height of incompetence on the part of Khan. She said Espinet went on in the letter to add another immediate risk" "The inability to secure two letters from the Ministry of Energy and the BIR to close the 2018 year-end audit and finalise long-term financing. Requests for both these letters have been pursued daily for several months."

This means Petrotrin cannot publish financial statements for 2018, she said, because of outstanding issues regarding royalty payments to the Energy Ministry and outstanding issues over taxes owed to the Board of Inland Revenue.

“This speaks to massive incompetence at the Ministry of Energy, the Ministry of Finance and at Trinidad Petroleum Holdings, where all the Petrotrin accountants and finance people were fired and they can’t find documents,” she said.

When you consider the loss of production, the loss of revenue, the loss of sales of refined products and the cost to settle with workers, she said, the closure of Petrotrin is a debacle because it was not properly thought out but done with spite, malice and contempt.

On Petrotrin bonds and loans she said next month Petrotrin has to pay US$850 million, which is more than TT$5 billion, to bondholders it owes for a bond taken out in 2009 by the Malcolm Jones PNM-appointed board of Petrotrin.

She claimed, “They cannot make that payment, and officials went to the bondholders and asked them to refinance the bond to 2026 at 9.75 per cent interest, which is an excellent interest rate, but bondholders refused the offer.”

As a result, she said, government had to borrow the remainder of the money from a syndicate of banks to make the US$850 million payment.

“It seems the Petrotrin candle is costing more than the funeral,” Persad-Bissessar said.

She declared that after four years the PNM had killed Petrotrin and now it was killing the National Gas Company. NGC, she said is also in trouble, thanks to political interference in natural-gas price negotiations in March 2017. She said the Prime Minister and National Security Minister Stuart Young arrogated unto themselves the responsibility for negotiating natural-gas prices for the NGC with EOG Resources in a hotel room in Houston.

“The result of that intrusion is, on the one hand, the NGC having to pay a lot more for natural gas, while on the other hand having to sell it to its customers in some cases at a loss,” she said. Maybe, Persad-Bissessar said, that was one reason why Gerry Brooks hustled and resigned from the NGC: he saw the writing on the wall.

She said at the PNM’s Let’s Talk Energy session in Point Fortin Khan said the Guaracara refining and storage facilities were very likely to be leased to an international operator because there is no indigenous capacity to run a refinery of that size and complexity. So, she said the Oilfield Workers Trade Union’s bid is in the wastebasket. She slammed the Rowley administration on the comment that there was "no indigenous capacity" to run the refinery, saying that was how highly the government thought of its people.

She said the UNC has a plan to reconsolidate Petrotrin into a fully integrated oil company, starting back up the Pointe-a-Pierre oil refinery on the most efficient and economical basis.

“By restarting Petrotrin, we will not have to import fuel and will avoid energy-price risk, save foreign exchange, provide meaningful jobs and ensure the company continues to contribute to the Treasury,” she said.

She also called on the PM to reveal the date of the local government elections.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/09/kamla-paria-fuel-in-serious-trouble/
Eleit and rspann go say that's good bussiness

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 9th, 2019, 7:13 pm

At least A&V safe.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 9th, 2019, 7:17 pm

rspann wrote:At least A&V safe.
Under PNM there is no corruption

It's call value for money

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 9th, 2019, 7:19 pm

So who responsible for the stupidity of negotiating upstream(buy high) supply whilst downstream contracts(sell low) still in place ?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 9th, 2019, 7:33 pm

pugboy wrote:So who responsible for the stupidity of negotiating upstream(buy high) supply whilst downstream contracts(sell low) still in place ?
Ask eleitauto, he and de minister is good friends

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 9th, 2019, 7:37 pm

We could take the savings we got from renting Johnny seukerans building and pay the difference, like a subsidy nah.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm

rspann wrote:We could take the savings we got from renting Johnny seukerans building and pay the difference, like a subsidy nah.
Nah that is value for money according to two plate

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 9th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Agreed, it is just different pockets of the same pants

rspann wrote:We could take the savings we got from renting Johnny seukerans building and pay the difference, like a subsidy nah.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”