join amalgamated and you will gt quick
imagine getting fuec in months vs having to wait years plus fee

it’s an easy exam to pass and higher salary than regular guards

kinda like a regular heavy t truck driver vs extra heavy trailer license

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Firearms User License HELP

Postby widdyphuck » November 8th, 2021, 9:24 pm

I don't understand the fascination with trinis and guns. Discharged wrongfully you could be in jail pooping in a bucket for the rest of your life.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 8th, 2021, 10:19 pm

wtf wrote:I don't understand the fascination with trinis and guns. Discharged wrongfully you could be in jail pooping in a bucket for the rest of your life.
I dont think i can poop in a bucket in front of ppl....
I may die from poop poisoning 1st

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 9th, 2021, 5:53 am

wtf wrote:I don't understand the fascination with trinis and guns. Discharged wrongfully you could be in jail pooping in a bucket for the rest of your life.

Is not a fascination, but you know how the saying goes. When yuh cyah have something is now self yuh want it.

But the thing is, a firearm is simply a tool, and like all other tools, it can either be used properly and safely, or abused and used for unsafe and unlawful purposes. And it just so happens to be that firearms are probably the ideal tool that can be used in self defense to stop those with illegal firearms from killing people.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 9th, 2021, 6:48 am

I have an obsession with archery.Is watching too much Rambo in my early years caused that and possibly dem Ramayan tv shows it used to have with all the fancy special effects.Perhaps is the tv as well for gun folks.
I also am fascinated by explosives and I blame that purely on Mc Guyver and Wile E Coyote

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 9th, 2021, 7:02 am

timelapse wrote:I have an obsession with archery.Is watching too much Rambo in my early years caused that and possibly dem Ramayan tv shows it used to have with all the fancy special effects.Perhaps is the tv as well for gun folks.
I also am fascinated by explosives and I blame that purely on Mc Guyver and Wile E Coyote

You juss got put on the no fly list

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 9th, 2021, 8:26 am

I'm on my own fly list
wileecoyote.jpg
wileecoyote.jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 1569 times

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 10th, 2021, 10:41 pm

pugboy wrote:go for your fuec bro

That's not the way a fuec works.
You're mixing up precept with fuec.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 11th, 2021, 5:13 am

my bad

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » November 11th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Isn't an FUEC a Firearms Users Employees' Certificate ' ? Like for security guards ? All precepted security curity guards I know have FUECs, even ones that worked for me . As far as I know only police and military don't need FUECs to carry service weapons, but are precepted to be able to fully carry out their duties with state owned weapons ..

Basically an FUEC holder can hold firearms registered on an FUL and a precepted officer can hold any firearm registered to the state within the particular organization.

Clearly they're both different and his details may be a bit simplified, but to say he is mixing up one for the other may be a bit harsh because I don't think they ever cross paths or can .

Of course we know anyone can apply for an FUEC or an FUL, even a police officer or soldier, but can anyone be precepted ?

rollingstock wrote:

Last edited by VII on November 11th, 2021, 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 11th, 2021, 6:24 pm

VII wrote:Isn't an FUEC a Firearms Users Employees' Certificate ' ? Like for security guards ? All precepted security guards I know have FUECs, even ones that worked for me . As far as I know only police and military don't need FUECs to carry service weapons, but are precepted to be able to fully carry out their duties with state owned weapons ..

Basically an FUEC holder can hold firearms registered on an FUL and a precepted officer can hold any firearm registered to the state within the particular organization.

Clearly they're both different and his details may be a bit simplified, but to say he is mixing up one for the other may be a bit harsh because I don't think they ever cross paths or can .

Of course we know anyone can apply for an FUEC or an FUL, even a police officer or soldier, but can anyone be precepted ?

rollingstock wrote:

An individual cannot apply for an FUEC in their own. It is linked to their employer, and they are only allowed to use their employers firearms. When they leave their employment with that employer, unless they take another job and transfer their fuec to that employer (providing that employer has firearms), then they can use that employers weapons.

But if they unemployed/between jobs, and have a firearm in their possession that's not been issued by an employer, that is an offense. Technically, iirc, an FUEC holder can't even buy ammunition.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » November 11th, 2021, 6:41 pm

Yes i know the limitations of an FUEC, all that's obvious to me, many times I dropped my guard back to his office to drop off his gun ,many times he went home with it also and many times he limed with me whole night with it also.

I mentioned it's an 'Employees Certificate' and anyone can apply as long as they have a good cert of character.

I've also known a couple people with FUECs over the years in the firearms circles and trust me it's VERY easy to get around all that you mentioned as long as the 'Employer' is on board .. Even many businessmen kids have FUECs on their FULs, even men with guns 24/7 from the beach to the range to Tobago have them on FUECs, that's easy.

You can get an FUEC on my FUL as long as I acknowledge you play a part in my business or life , not just about security guards..My mom had an FUEC on my dad's FUL and I surrendered it with his guns when he died..I sold the guns to a dealer and he sold them to a security firm, but should've tried to get his almost new concealed hammer SP-101 .357 on my book, one of the most handsome and powerful handguns out there and would've been a great ankle holster back up, but was green in those days...only had my book about 2 years and was just happy and thankful to have one..

Tell us about the precept process and where it applies, and who's eligible to get it etc...that's what I wanna clear up..

88sins wrote:
VII wrote:Isn't an FUEC a Firearms Users Employees' Certificate ' ? Like for security guards ? All precepted security guards I know have FUECs, even ones that worked for me . As far as I know only police and military don't need FUECs to carry service weapons, but are precepted to be able to fully carry out their duties with state owned weapons ..

rollingstock wrote:

An individual cannot apply for an FUEC in their own. It is linked to their employer, and they are only allowed to use their employers firearms. When they leave their employment with that employer, unless they take another job and transfer their fuec to that employer (providing that employer has firearms), then they can use that employers weapons.

But if they unemployed/between jobs, and have a firearm in their possession that's not been issued by an employer, that is an offense. Technically, iirc, an FUEC holder can't even buy ammunition.
Last edited by VII on November 11th, 2021, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 11th, 2021, 6:55 pm

Wrt precept
Basically a security officer takes classes teaching them about certain aspects of law and what are criminal offenses. They then take an exam, (iirc ttps administers it), and if they pass they are then be sworn in as estate constables. As estate constables, they then have powers of arrest somewhat similar to LEO's, and iirc in the law there's a provision so that can be called upon to assist law enforcement if necessary.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » November 11th, 2021, 6:58 pm

Right I knew it had something to do with powers of arrest also..

Ok then, thanks know-it-all .. :idea:

88sins wrote:Wrt precept
Basically a security officer takes classes teaching them about certain aspects of law and what are criminal offenses. They then take an exam, (iirc ttps administers it), and if they pass they are then be sworn in as estate constables. As estate constables, they then have powers of arrest somewhat similar to LEO's, and iirc in the law there's a provision so that can be called upon to assist law enforcement if necessary.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » November 11th, 2021, 7:13 pm

Sweet eh, still feeling to get one yes..

Should've had my dad's damn ! He paid $2500 for his ,only fired 5 rounds !!

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 11th, 2021, 8:38 pm

The supplemental police act is your friend.

For the purpose of security officers a precept is required for the granting of a fuec.

It's basic powers of arrest and lawful use of lethal force etc.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » November 11th, 2021, 9:04 pm

Right...cool.. 8-)

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 12th, 2021, 6:09 am

there are more than a handful of ppl who have their own security companies as paper companies with family and a few friends carrying firearms off their company.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 12th, 2021, 7:31 am

You don't need a security company to have persons use your firearms via fuec, if the ful holder was granted his licence due to being an estate holder etc, employees can be granted a fuec in line with that.

Registering a security company which entails a stricter securing of firearms and having 'employees' precepted is a difficult way of getting fuec's

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 12th, 2021, 8:04 am

one of the group I know started hiring guards for their family after kidnapping started and morphed into a lil security company .
they had links to get the company formalized, and then further into firearms for friends and family. I was offered one too but I not able with walking with a book and my photo in a guard hat.
I not sure if you get 1 to 1 firearms for the number of registered employees though.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 12th, 2021, 8:10 am

pugboy wrote:one of the group I know started hiring guards for their family after kidnapping started and morphed into a lil security company .
they had links to get the company formalized, and then further into firearms for friends and family. I was offered one too but I not able with walking with a book and my photo in a guard hat.
I not sure if you get 1 to 1 firearms for the number of registered employees though.

Marc your skin not suited for guard wuk

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » November 12th, 2021, 10:15 am

How much do security officers earn?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 12th, 2021, 10:18 am

preceptor earn a little more per hour than nonprecepted

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 12th, 2021, 11:13 am

wtf wrote:How much do security officers earn?

Small money, non precepted $17.50 an hour. Firearm officers in the company I work for make 300 a day and have to be patrolling for the full duration of the shift

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 12th, 2021, 12:11 pm

alfa wrote:

Small money, non precepted $17.50 an hour. Firearm officers in the company I work for make 300 a day and have to be patrolling for the full duration of the shift
Not worth the risk

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 14th, 2021, 7:52 am

Sec officer 17.5 to 20..subject to experience and duty
Estate Constable 23+

Fire arm duties 25-30 per hr dependent on the type of duty.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 14th, 2021, 9:57 am

Being a security guard christmas time real dangerous

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 14th, 2021, 10:32 am

i see most of them chinese grocery have plainclothes armed chaps sitting discretely away
i wonder if they are big security company employees

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”