Drivers permit renewal

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Drivers permit renewal

Postby adnj » January 5th, 2023, 9:14 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:2023 and Trinidad still can’t pay online and change an address or information on your vehicle, what a prehistoric stupid a55 Island with backwards colonial systems. :roll:

Ben,

This is what we have to deal with but Unfortunately, because of the mentality and culture of the general public, this is how citizens are treated.

Public servants reaching to work late with NO sense of urgency when they arrive because it’s then they look to have breakfast and keekeekaka with their lackadaisical co workers while taxpayers wait like the fools they themselves are.

We need the automation improved to avoid this disgusting public service.
I thought it was because there was no actual street address system like those that have been used since the 18th century in North America and Europe.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » January 5th, 2023, 11:49 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:2023 and Trinidad still can’t pay online and change an address or information on your vehicle, what a prehistoric stupid a55 Island with backwards colonial systems. :roll:

Ben,

This is what we have to deal with but Unfortunately, because of the mentality and culture of the general public, this is how citizens are treated.

Public servants reaching to work late with NO sense of urgency when they arrive because it’s then they look to have breakfast and keekeekaka with their lackadaisical co workers while taxpayers wait like the fools they themselves are.

PNM work ethics

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » January 9th, 2023, 12:59 pm

Anyone knows if I can just print and fill out the renewal application form from their website or I need to get the original from their office?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 9th, 2023, 1:04 pm

you can, but it doesn't make the process go any faster. So you may as well sit down and use their paper and ink.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 9th, 2023, 1:27 pm

^^^ agreed , most u might save is 5 mins if so much of ur time at LO but i rather walk with a pen & just go 1side & full out d form ...

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » January 9th, 2023, 1:41 pm

Kickstart wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ben,

PNM work ethics
But they working on 2013 salaries and could afford to refuse a 4% pay raise with backpay.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 9th, 2023, 2:09 pm

wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ben,

PNM work ethics
But they working on 2013 salaries and could afford to refuse a 4% pay raise with backpay.
No government wins any election without those same public servants vote btw

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 9th, 2023, 2:38 pm

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ben,

PNM work ethics
No government wins any election without those same public servants vote btw

it's 10 years later and the same govt in power lulz

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » January 12th, 2023, 10:01 am

So just renewed at Arima. Was smooth.
Just a lil wait to get inside. About 30 minutes wait in a line. My appointment was 825am, lined up at 8am and got in 830am
Once inside everything took about 15 minutes, so I was out by 9am.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 12th, 2023, 11:01 am

u rel gt fast unlike d madness in south over d past 2wks 3-4hrs was normal with some getting told to come back , maybe d no of ppl thinned out by now ...

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » January 12th, 2023, 9:12 pm

Rovin wrote:u rel gt fast unlike d madness in south over d past 2wks 3-4hrs was normal with some getting told to come back , maybe d no of ppl thinned out by now ...

Not surprised.
Who going Arima to renew permit?
Hot Zone..

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » January 12th, 2023, 9:45 pm

goalpost wrote:Anyone knows if I can just print and fill out the renewal application form from their website or I need to get the original from their office?

You can just use the renewal form from their website. They are both the same thing. At least, that was the case for me when I renewed it around a few months ago. I doubt they changed it.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » January 19th, 2023, 10:21 pm

Took a drive down to Point Fortin today to do my permit renewal. It's one of maybe only two or three offices where you can get an appointment date within the next day or two.

Arrived exactly at appointment time (1:50pm) and left @ 3:15pm (I guess this time frame is considered good for public service transactions). Although there was a machine to check in using your appointment code thereby indicating that the system for permit renewal is still only by appointment, I did overhear a lady indicating that she lost her permit (she had all the necessary documents on her to renew immediately) and the clerk directed her to the walk in section on the check in machine (well I guess that worked because she got through just after I did).

What was surprising to me though was the number of persons conducting renewals only for five years (I took the logical 10 option). I want to believe that things probably still very hard for many financially and maybe that's why?

Oh and FYI, for the married females who have different names on their bill and permit, make sure and walk with your marriage certificate.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 20th, 2023, 6:51 am

Plenty ppl expect the permit to fade out or crack within a few years ( like the old one) and then dey wud have to pay for a replacement.
Plenty of them taking 5 years for that reason

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 20th, 2023, 7:25 pm

we in d 3rd wk of d yr yet so many still hadda make appointments & LO still talking 2-3hrs in this day\age :roll:

last old 1 i had looked like new after d 5 yrs , kept it in a cheap single pocket wallet d kind u get with insurance & it remained real good ...

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » January 20th, 2023, 7:51 pm

Rovin wrote:we in d 3rd wk of d yr yet so many still hadda make appointments & LO still talking 2-3hrs in this day\age :roll:

last old 1 i had looked like new after d 5 yrs , kept it in a cheap single pocket wallet d kind u get with insurance & it remained real good ...
Well same for me. The expired one I turned in yesterday was still basically brand new and was kept in a cheap wallet. First time I hearing about permit fading (not sure what people doing so for it to fade). But then again I guess with this 10 years with the new materials they using for permits might pose a challenge? I hope not.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 20th, 2023, 8:05 pm

Shine a UV light on the new permit and see the security markers. I don't see any. Thought this card was supposed to have increased security? Like the batch of cards ordered was boogey?

The National ID card have a lots of holograms and UV marks for comparison.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 20th, 2023, 8:16 pm

Similar to money or the new bills to be specific they don't change licenses and electoral Identification cards to prevent counterfeits, that's something you just can't stop.they change them to issue contracts so public funds can enter private hands.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » January 22nd, 2023, 10:03 am

maj. tom wrote:Shine a UV light on the new permit and see the security markers. I don't see any. Thought this card was supposed to have increased security? Like the batch of cards ordered was boogey?

The National ID card have a lots of holograms and UV marks for comparison.
I checked and didn't see any either.

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » February 6th, 2023, 5:29 pm

Made an appointment for my wife today...made appointment successfully but decided to cancel it to try and book a different time...now I am barred from making any appointments for her permit for 24 hours because of the cancellation. What? Struggling to see the reasoning for this.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 27th, 2023, 4:02 pm

i have my renewal appointment tomorrow - this says they accept e-bills but u have to print them out - but apparently they supposed to be stamped? meaning u have to physically go to the utility provider and have it stamped? :shock:

https://www.mowt.gov.tt/Other-Pages/PBR-Minutes-of-Meeting/Accepted-Utility-Bills-to-Access-Licensing-Service

The following utility bills are accepted Cable, Electricity, Water, and Internet* (*Only on premise internet bills are accepted.)
Physical and electronic copies (E-bills) of utility bills are accepted. However, E-bills must be printed and must have the official stamp from the issuing company.
In the case of a private residence, a utility bill must accompany a Letter of Authorization/Confirmation of the residential address. The owner of the home must confirm the use of the address and state the relationship to the individual. A copy of a form of national identification of the owner of the residence must also accompany the letter. Handwritten letters of authorization/confirmation are acceptable for the required purpose. (To be completed ONLY if the Utility Bill is not in the Applicant’s Name.
In the case of a rental, a copy of the Lease/Rental Unit Agreement for the rental premises identified bearing the name of the applicant must be presented. If the utility bill or Lease/Rental Unit is not in the applicant’s name, a letter from the owner confirming the applicant’s residence and a copy of a form of national identification of the owner (National ID, Passport of Driver’s Permit) must be submitted. To access the Public Notice, click here

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 27th, 2023, 4:10 pm

Yup.

If its flow normally the security at the front desk stamps it for you.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » March 27th, 2023, 4:12 pm

i went digicel, get it printed, but they didnt stamp it lol

i asked if that was fine, and they say yeah... lol

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 27th, 2023, 4:22 pm

jeez, is after 4pm already. ttec and wasa close. hope digi still open

update- got tru at Independence Sq. cud imagine if dat lil issue cause me to get rejected and on top of that i hadda make a new appointment which would be after my DP expire :roll:

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » March 27th, 2023, 8:51 pm

they stamp it for you or tell you the same thing they tell me?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 27th, 2023, 8:56 pm

st7 wrote:they stamp it for you or tell you the same thing they tell me?

They stamped it.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » March 27th, 2023, 9:01 pm

redmanjp wrote:

They stamped it.

now i questioning if the stamp mine! lol

h1tach1
Street 2NR

Postby h1tach1 » March 28th, 2023, 12:15 am

Got through at Arima. In and out, I was done in 55 minutes. Overall, it was a good experience.

1. Person on the outside checks your documents, then sends you to line up.
2. In that line, another person will let you enter the building, sanitise and then log in the online system. You have to use the 4-character code on your appointment confirmation. Then you have a seat and wait to be called.
3. They call your name and you go to the counter where they take your documents (application form, utility bill, old licence). They ask you how what type of renewal you want (5, 10 years) and then send you with the application form to the cashier to pay.
4. At the cashier they take your form, you pay and get a receipt. You are sent to the photography waiting area to wait for the photograph and licence. You have to exit the building and re-enter from another door.
5. In the waiting area, there is a TV which flashes the 4-character code from your appointment. So, you have to be looking for your code. There is a sound when the code flashes.
6. When you see you code, you enter the door to the right of the TV and go straight to the photographer. You will see people in a line in the corridor, but they have already been to the photographer and are waiting for their new licence.
7. In the photograph room, they will tell you how to sit and angle your face and the picture will be taken. You will see the result almost immediately as there is a monitor directly in front of you. You will then be asked to do the digital signature for the licence. Before they put it on the licence, they will show you it on the screen and ask you to confirm that it is indeed your signature. You are then told to wait in the corridor until your name is called to collect your licence.
8. When you collect your licence, say thanks and check to ensure all the information is correct.
9. (optional) Thank your god/universe. (mandatory) Leave.
10. (optional) Reward yourself with a coffee and doughnut.

Some recommendations for improvement:

1. There should be someone in the photography waiting area to answer any questions or they should have a bell to ask for assistance.
2. The appointment code should be printed on the receipt for easy reference and so you don't have to refer to your phone or printout.
3. The appointment should be accompanied with an audible read out of the code as well.
4. There should be a mirror in the either the photography office or close to it, so you can check your appearance before the picture is taken.
5. It would be nice for them to ask if you are okay with the picture before they confirm it to the licence, just in case you wanted to adjust anything (hair, makeup, facial expression, etc).

st7 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

They stamped it.

now i questioning if the stamp mine! lol

Called Licence Office in Point Fortin, They said that once the bill has the company letterhead on it, you don't need a stamp. TSTT's online bill format is exactly the same as the mailed bill. So that was used, printed in black and white.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 28th, 2023, 10:26 am

So they not verifying your name BEFORE printing it?
Right now I'm in the waiting area waiting to photographed. And I just realized they spell my surname wrong on the receipt the cashier gave me.

This morning when I came there were 4 lines outside (Arima Office). The lady in front of me in the line for renewal tell me she had an appointment last week but the printer was down so they told her (and likely others) to come back today which might explain why I still waiting to be photographed even though my appointment was 8:50am. Although it had a next person behind me with a 10am appointment who came 9 so it could be that the appointment time is irrelevant and ppl in front of me getting through before me with a later appointment. Only the date important as you have to check in.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 28th, 2023, 10:46 am

Just got photographed. They showed me an image of the new license with signature included and I was not asked to do a new one so I guess they keeping the old one :?:

Oh. It's the first time I was able to use Linx in Arima. Last time 5 yrs ago I thought they had it and I had to leave and go to an ATM to get cash.

EDIT: got my new licence at about 10:56am - (no new signature required), so just over 2 hrs since i arrived.
Last edited by redmanjp on March 28th, 2023, 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”