TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby timelapse » May 18th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Ever noticed that Maxvevo does pop me down when I try to help some of them?He does not want them to prosper.
wtf wrote:It's always exploitation. If Venezuelans continue to work for such low wages, how will they get a mortgage? Buy a new car? Send their children to university? Save for retirement?
Trinis are not taking any exploitation because they have the bigger picture in mind.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 18th, 2021, 5:54 pm

MaxPower wrote:
matr1x wrote:When I called last week to immigration office in Port of Spain I finally got through as inquired about the process of Venezuelans registering and background checks.

The lady who I spoke to admitted that there is no way other than their documents to verify who they are. So I asked about fraudulent documents and she said it would be up to the presiding officer at the time of check. Allyuh hear that?

Murderers and rapists could be coming in and there is no real way to check if they have a criminal record. Good job idiots!

Slim,

Stop harassing the immigration officers and the phone lines.

The crime rate from the Venezuelans remains LOW so yet again, your bogus presumption of “murderers and rapists” have no backing.

LOOK at the statistics Slim, only Trinis are doing the murdering and raping.

Xenophobia licking you up bad boy.

I called and informed several landlords to check the paperwork the venes who renting them. MaxPower, you want to be responsible for murderers coming into the country?

With them bringing in covid, now is time for trinos to fight back.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 18th, 2021, 6:12 pm

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Surely there is a lazy Trini that you could fire and make room for her, no?

In her case, more than likely no, but other than that…many others to make room for.

Lazy Trinis getting lick up bad by the business communities. We are becoming more and more intolerable and we take this stance with no remorse or sympathy.

Productivity is the name of the game De Dragon.

In other words, you get make out AGAIN!

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » May 18th, 2021, 6:15 pm

Some basics on immigration, etc, in this booklet from hwl (2019).
Important stuff to share with Migrants, Refugees and Asylum-seekers.

https://issuu.com/hwlshumanrights/docs/ ... s/10123455
https://issuu.com/hwlshumanrights/docs/ ... lc_booklet

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 18th, 2021, 7:09 pm

See that nonsense?

So they are fostering their future clients. Why them lawyer tell us their clients source of funds?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 18th, 2021, 9:32 pm

MaxPower wrote:
bluefete wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Hello sam,

Do you have a link for the article from a reputable source?

Please send when you get a chance.

Cheers.

Here you go MaxP - Use your Vene staff to interpret:

Cima360
@cimanewsdigital

23h
Replying to
@cimanewsdigital

#Venezuela Los funcionarios de la #GNB informaron que las dos personas que se hicieron responsables del traslado de los connacionales, estarían dedicados al tráfico ilícito de personas entre Venezuela y Trinidad y Tobago.

Cima360
@cimanewsdigital
#Venezuela Interceptados en alta mar venezolanos que huían hacia Trinidad y Tobago

Con un total de 30 mujeres, 9 hombres, 20 menores de edad y un lactante, fue detenida una ambarcación que salía desde Tucupita en el estado DeltaAmacuro hacia Trinidad y Tobago.

https://twitter.com/cimanewsdigital/sta ... 38/photo/2

Sam,

Thanks, i will look at this for now but still look out for the official article from our local media houses.

You gonna be looking for a long time, and still won't see it, or at least the truth of it.
Fact is, when guardia nacional hold them on the water, is lockup for everybody on board, and Venezuela owes no obligation to the government or media of Trinidad to explain their actions and policies.

But never fear, they go be able to try again in about 3 years.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 18th, 2021, 10:38 pm

timelapse wrote:Exploitation is the name of your game especially if is minimarts and bars you running.
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Surely there is a lazy Trini that you could fire and make room for her, no?

In her case, more than likely no, but other than that…many others to make room for.

Lazy Trinis getting lick up bad by the business communities. We are becoming more and more intolerable and we take this stance with no remorse or sympathy.

Exploitation?

Who ever said anything about exploitation?

Getting rid of a Trini who refuses to work and hiring a Vene AND paying them the same or MORE is exploitation?

Who ever said anything about me hiring illegals?

I am not immigration and any Vene i see here i have to consider them as documented. If i hire them, and they present documents, again i am not Fraud Squad to determine if the documents are legit or not.

Do you ask all the drivers on the road to see their driver’s license?

The days for exploitation on Venes are phasing out as they are standing up.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 18th, 2021, 10:39 pm

FrankChag wrote:Some basics on immigration, etc, in this booklet from hwl (2019).
Important stuff to share with Migrants, Refugees and Asylum-seekers.

https://issuu.com/hwlshumanrights/docs/ ... s/10123455
https://issuu.com/hwlshumanrights/docs/ ... lc_booklet

Thank you FrankChag,

Will pass on the info.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 18th, 2021, 10:40 pm

De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Yeh,

Make me out again for NOT tolerating LAZY locals.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 18th, 2021, 11:29 pm

Thing is, MaxPower if he is a business owner needs to get make out. And his business boycott.

At the very least he is encouraging illegal immigrants. At worst those immigrants have brought covid 19 variants that have killed locals. That is as serious as it gets.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 19th, 2021, 12:14 am

matr1x wrote:Thing is, MaxPower if he is a business owner needs to get make out. And his business boycott.

At the very least he is encouraging illegal immigrants. At worst those immigrants have brought covid 19 variants that have killed locals. That is as serious as it gets.

Slim,

I am doing nothing wrong.

You just toting because business owners have options and it just isn’t working in your favor.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with businesses hiring Venes over Trinis.

And if u want to “boycott” then go ahead, the Govt and the majority of the public will deal with those that are against the hiring of Venes over Trinis.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 19th, 2021, 12:50 am

Why are you even living in Trinidad you pleb?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 19th, 2021, 7:52 am

matr1x wrote:Why are you even living in Trinidad you pleb?

I am a born Trinidadian Slim.

It is my right to be here.

Btw, have you ever been to ABC Home Center in El Socorro?

Check them out, the service is excellent and feel free to take notes and make observations.

Who knows, you may get some ideas/incentive for the cloth store.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 19th, 2021, 8:18 am

FrankChag,

Absolutely love the handbook, just read it.

Hats off to the Human Rights team for putting it together.

Looking to get a hard copy.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 19th, 2021, 8:35 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Yeh,

You know that that is your fault if they are lazy right?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 19th, 2021, 9:11 am

De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Yeh,

My fault as in from an employers perspective?

Well yes and no.

We have some employers that demotivate their staff even though salaries are favorable. So just imagine the money is good, but it is being trumped with frustration resulting in poor job performance….and well it gets worse when wages are low.

Many workers have the potential, but simply do not extend based on the way they are treated. You agree?

Now what about the workers that have the “perfect” boss, satisfactory working condition and they just DO NOT perform?

What about the service seekers that have planned their day, have payment waiting for workers and they show up LATE almost every single gawd damn time, thats if they show up at all and ALWAYS have lame ass excuses?

^ This is what i am speaking about. The majority of the time, the paying public suffers and that is unfair especially when they are paying the prices asked.

Why can’t Trinis deliver? Yeh some do,
but the VAST majority DONT.

And locals get upset when business communities and the paying public use the alternate i.e - immigrant labour?

Trinidadians are generally lazy and in most cases it has nothing to do with the employer but because of their own ignorant mentality. It’s a culture.

So enough of looking for faults and excuses and finding every possible reason NOT to work. If Trinis are unhappy, then LEAVE.

The Venezuelans are here thankfully and they are proving to us that it CAN be done.

Not every job is all hunky dory and a bed of roses.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 19th, 2021, 9:19 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Yeh,

My fault as in from an employers perspective?

Well yes and no.

We have some employers that demotivate their staff even though salaries are favorable. So just imagine the money is good, but it is being trumped with frustration resulting in poor job performance….and well it gets worse when wages are low.

Many workers have the potential, but simply do not extend based on the way they are treated. You agree?

Now what about the workers that have the “perfect” boss, satisfactory working condition and they just DO NOT perform?

What about the service seekers that have planned their day, have payment waiting for workers and they show up LATE almost every single gawd damn time, thats if they show up at all and ALWAYS have lame ass excuses?

^ This is what i am speaking about. The majority of the time, the paying public suffers and that is unfair especially when they are paying the prices asked.

Why can’t Trinis deliver? Yeh some do,
but the VAST majority DONT.

And locals get upset when business communities and the paying public use the alternate i.e - immigrant labour?

Trinidadians are generally lazy and in most cases it has nothing to do with the employer but because of their own ignorant mentality. It’s a culture.

So enough of looking for faults and excuses and finding every possible reason NOT to work. If Trinis are unhappy, then LEAVE.

The Venezuelans are here thankfully and they are proving to us that it CAN be done.

Not every job is all hunky dory and a bed of roses.

What you're speaking of is a workers utopia, which I highly doubt that if you owned a business you'd be providing and if a worker is lazy in that setting, well it's mostly on them. The issue is masking use of underpaid, and exploited labour under the guise of "dem locals eh want tuh wuk"

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 19th, 2021, 9:37 am

I saw two venezeualans on a motorbike. Should I be concerned?

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 19th, 2021, 9:40 am

aaron17 wrote:I saw two venezeualans on a motorbike. Should I be concerned?
They normally ride 3 on bikes in venny and use them as taxis.

They probably running taxi service

Our insurance stipulate only one person on a bike is insured . So police should be concerned and its a good way from them to get their quotas.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » May 19th, 2021, 9:42 am

matr1x wrote:Thing is, MaxPower if he is a business owner needs to get make out. And his business boycott.

It's a lost cause trying to argue with Max, it's best leave him alone in his bubble.
Based on his posts is either he is not living in Trinidad or accommodating these illegal immigrants.
He always wants evidence and this and that; but yet up to now he have not contacted me to give him a tour of the famous southland.
As I mentioned I not going and try and argue with Max, I realized I was wasting my time with that, especially here on Tuner, makes absolutely no sense.
If he want's the evidence I am all willing to show him, live and direct straight to the source.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 19th, 2021, 12:05 pm

mad wrote:

It's a lost cause trying to argue with Max, it's best leave him alone in his bubble.
Based on his posts is either he is not living in Trinidad or accommodating these illegal immigrants.
He always wants evidence and this and that; but yet up to now he have not contacted me to give him a tour of the famous southland.
As I mentioned I not going and try and argue with Max, I realized I was wasting my time with that, especially here on Tuner, makes absolutely no sense.
If he want's the evidence I am all willing to show him, live and direct straight to the source.

You are right. He lies and lies and blaming locals for everything.

I feel a local horn him

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 19th, 2021, 8:21 pm

IMG_6912.JPG

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 19th, 2021, 8:33 pm

mad wrote:
matr1x wrote:It's a lost cause trying to argue with Max, it's best leave him alone in his bubble.

mad,

In these times i can’t contact you to go on a tour bro; but thank you for your willingness and the time you would have taken.

What is baffling is the secrecy of this location. Social media is almost everywhere and i find it really odd that this mysterious area is never exposed. Ok we saw a video which was removed, but are you telling me they could not take another? Are you telling me out of over 1 million people and we are yet to see picture and videos circulating?

One must wonder if this place exists or if it does, maybe its scarcely populated and not enough to prove a point.

But i understand you giving up on debating with me, but if you can take the time to take me to the source, then you or others can go yourselves and post it.

Keep well bro.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 19th, 2021, 8:49 pm

MaxPower wrote:IMG_6912.JPG

Doesn't apply to Venezuelans.
They pay no NIS, thus they don't qualify. But somehow I doubt that go stop some people from saying they should have access to it too.

I have a query that people not asking though. At least I haven't heard anyone ask it.
How would these salary relief grants affect the pensions payable in future for those contributing to the NIS and due to retire in a few years to a decade and paying into the NIS currently?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 19th, 2021, 10:46 pm

88sins wrote:
MaxPower wrote:IMG_6912.JPG

Doesn't apply to Venezuelans.
They pay no NIS, thus they don't qualify. But somehow I doubt that go stop some people from saying they should have access to it too.

I have a query that people not asking though. At least I haven't heard anyone ask it.
How would these salary relief grants affect the pensions payable in future for those contributing to the NIS and due to retire in a few years to a decade and paying into the NIS currently?

This not stopping them. Last lockdown Living Waters got $30M and all of it went to these illegal immigrants. Some of them get checks and couldn't cash it because of no bank accounts. I saw two checks for $7500 each made out to two of them working labour on a truck made out by living waters when Trinis was getting $1500 from we worthless PNM Govt.

Imagine we paying taxes to support a hundred thousand loafers that never pay a tax dollar in this country in their life.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 19th, 2021, 10:53 pm

Venes need to keep it in their pants. 5-6 children and looking for help

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 19th, 2021, 11:11 pm

a reporter asked about how many cases involved migrants- Dr. Hinds said he didn't have the figure yet but would provide it at a later press conference so max will get an answer to his question.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 19th, 2021, 11:22 pm

redmanjp wrote:a reporter asked about how many cases involved migrants- Dr. Hinds said he didn't have the figure yet but would provide it at a later press conference so max will get an answer to his question.

Thank you redmanjp.

There must be a figure.

But we also have to be mindful that migrants can also get infected from locals.

What we should be doing is going after the undocumented Venezuelans to have a better idea.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 20th, 2021, 11:59 am

Go after all of them

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » May 21st, 2021, 11:24 am

VENEZUELAN NATIONALS EVICTED AFTER THEY COULD NOT PAY RENT DUE TO JOB LOSS.

Four Venezuelan nationals were evicted from their Marabella apartment for not paying their rent.

They lost their jobs due to the closure of their workplace as a result of the pandemic.

They are asking for assistance with shelter and food. ANYONE WILLING TO ASSIST CAN CALL 717- 0220.

https://fb.watch/5DyueateN1/

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”