TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby SuperiorMan » January 9th, 2023, 11:05 pm

MaxPower wrote:IMG_0919.JPG

Posted by my MP on his IG story…

Good. More Venezuelan women should be hired. They are the future leaders.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » January 10th, 2023, 3:22 am

MaxPower wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
THEM VENEZ GOING BACK !!!. Kust now trinis will have to flee to venezuela to escape the sheit in TT.

dd,

Thank you for the article.

Sad to see them go but i understand your rejoice for only 1,000+ returning home. Rest assured, many will be back and forth as they would have made ties, relationships and investments. To note, they left on good terms and will return same.

The Venezuelans are our brothers, our sisters…..our neighbors and we must ensure that our bond remains strong and loyal.

Let us continue to help and support our Venezuelans during their economic crisis.

what rejoice? we in TT have nothing to rejoice about. if the rats abandoning a ship it is because the ship sinking. them venez rats skating out so what that telling you. i seeing less and less of the pretty ones around only a set of light skin UGLY ass woman that after a night of drinking might look good in dimly lit limo or classic seamen. in day light them women UGLY no firetruck.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 10th, 2023, 6:07 am

My wife and my two children left after Christmas Eve. My children need to study and here the government does not allow them. We were forced to separate our family,” said Martin Pérez. He said his family will not return to TT.

“My wife had a passport, but my two children travelled with provisional documents. We don't expect them to return to TT. Now I will work to help them from here,” he said.

Perez does not know when he will see his family again, while he waits for TT to make opportunities more flexible for Venezuelans to live and work in TT.
:? :?
So you didn't realize this before you brought them here?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 10th, 2023, 7:30 am

no, to them over there they only see TT as a land of freeness,

they only hear about the neighbour who come across and make baby for zero cost and ting

which country in the world you could come and get healthcare like that easy so ?

De Dragon wrote:
So you didn't realize this before you brought them here?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 10th, 2023, 10:27 am

daring dragoon wrote:what rejoice? we in TT have nothing to rejoice about. if the rats abandoning a ship it is because the ship sinking. them venez rats skating out so what that telling you. i seeing less and less of the pretty ones around only a set of light skin UGLY ass woman that after a night of drinking might look good in dimly lit limo or classic seamen. in day light them women UGLY no firetruck.

What rats? Many of these Venezuelans came by legal means and they are free to come and go as the please. How many of your countrymen went to other countries and when things did not work out, they returned home? Don’t tote when others do it in your country my good man. Based on the current state of your oh so sweet TnT, many people will not remain loyal and basically use the country and it’s people accordingly.

Btw what does looks have to do with it? T&T does not have “ugly” women? They don’t have poor eating habits, aloo pie arms, excessive fat, promiscuous, leeching and lazy ways? Soldier you really feel your Trini women are all that great? Take a good look again of the state this country is in. You are in no position to be “bigging up” your people and comparing with others does not fix the situation.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 10th, 2023, 9:00 pm

MaxPower wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:what rejoice? we in TT have nothing to rejoice about. if the rats abandoning a ship it is because the ship sinking. them venez rats skating out so what that telling you. i seeing less and less of the pretty ones around only a set of light skin UGLY ass woman that after a night of drinking might look good in dimly lit limo or classic seamen. in day light them women UGLY no firetruck.

What rats? Many of these Venezuelans came by legal means and they are free to come and go as the please. How many of your countrymen went to other countries and when things did not work out, they returned home? Don’t tote when others do it in your country my good man. Based on the current state of your oh so sweet TnT, many people will not remain loyal and basically use the country and it’s people accordingly.

Btw what does looks have to do with it? T&T does not have “ugly” women? They don’t have poor eating habits, aloo pie arms, excessive fat, promiscuous, leeching and lazy ways? Soldier you really feel your Trini women are all that great? Take a good look again of the state this country is in. You are in no position to be “bigging up” your people and comparing with others does not fix the situation.

Still a kant in 2023 I see.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » January 11th, 2023, 7:02 am

I don't see why not. I would think any country's refugees should be treated fairly. Especially when we know the situation happening in their home country.

Everyone deserves a chance at stability and for a better life.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 11th, 2023, 8:11 am

Jared Mohammed wrote:I don't see why not. I would think any country's refugees should be treated fairly. Especially when we know the situation happening in their home country.

Love how you just using your full government name here lmao :lol:

But Anyhow, no. Most of them coming illegally to live an even more illegal life.

As sad as it may be, a drop of dye in a bucket of clear water tints the whole damn thing. Better to keep it out.

Their country caught on fire so they fled, which is no problem. But they came to a country that's a pile of dry tinder ready to ignite :)

Also take a look at Europe's crime stats before and after asylum seekers came across.
Sweden was a nice country now all of a sudden their rape states just skyrocket.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » January 11th, 2023, 8:26 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:I don't see why not. I would think any country's refugees should be treated fairly. Especially when we know the situation happening in their home country.

Love how you just using your full government name here lmao :lol:

But Anyhow, no. Most of them coming illegally to live an even more illegal life.

As sad as it may be, a drop of dye in a bucket of clear water tints the whole damn thing. Better to keep it out.

Their country caught on fire so they fled, which is no problem. But they came to a country that's a pile of dry tinder ready to ignite :)

Also take a look at Europe's crime stats before and after asylum seekers came across.
Sweden was a nice country now all of a sudden their rape states just skyrocket.

I have nothing to hide. I'd even put a picture of myself if that was possible. I am still all for anonymity and privacy, since that isn't the case for everyone.

With Europe, espeically in Sweden, the legitamacy of the crime statistics are often questioned since immigrants tend to be overrepresented there. It also shows a form of white supremacy present in that region, since they have no problems with other white Europeans but are against those who are Middle Eastern and North African.

If you want to read more about it, here is a link to a website that somewhat discusses it.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/s ... -increase/

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 11th, 2023, 8:52 am

So there was rampant rapes and knife related crimes in Europe amongst the citizens before then?

Hadda stop taking the chain up with the racism ting bai.

Statistically, the people of darker hues tend to be the one committing the crimes in these areas. Just take the data at face value and stop trying to find excuses for them.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 11th, 2023, 2:14 pm

Hey guys,

Have you ever heard of the "Hispanic paradox"? What are your thoughts on this? What do you think is the most likely cause?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 11th, 2023, 4:12 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Hey guys,

Have you ever heard of the "Hispanic paradox"? What are your thoughts on this? What do you think is the most likely cause?

Combination of genetics, dietary differences, and the fact that Latinos in the US usually are more likely to engage in harder more physical labor occupations. Basically, work is a workout.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 11th, 2023, 4:21 pm

88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Hey guys,

Combination of genetics, dietary differences, and the fact that Latinos in the US usually are more likely to engage in harder more physical labor occupations. Basically, work is a workout.

What about being more family oriented?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 11th, 2023, 7:26 pm

X3000.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 11th, 2023, 7:27 pm

Max boy: It is alleged: After they went home to rob the man I do not blame him. Ent Rattan's is a Guyanese?

Azul Smith

This is Rattan's in Couva . A young lady saw the sign and went in to apply for a job and was told that they don't want any Trinidad workers ( Spanish workers ONLY )

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 11th, 2023, 7:34 pm

If that's true, sounds more like a case of desperate foreign workers' exploitation. Easier to pay a non-livable wage to a foreign immigrant than someone who is local.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 11th, 2023, 7:56 pm

bluefete wrote:Max boy: It is alleged: After they went home to rob the man I do not blame him. Ent Rattan's is a Guyanese?

Azul Smith

This is Rattan's in Couva . A young lady saw the sign and went in to apply for a job and was told that they don't want any Trinidad workers ( Spanish workers ONLY )

blue,

Could be true, but exploitation as maj suggested may/may not be the case as same exists.

But we have to understand that employers are fed up with their own people and fortunately/thankfully have options i.e - “spanish workers” and they are also willing to pay them more than that they would pay a local.

The work ethic/etiquette of our dear “spanish workers” exceed that of locals in many cases and can be noticed by most employers and the service seeking public.

Exploitation should never be tolerated and should be reported and the perpetrators dealt with severely.

T&T needs to take note the significant positive impact that Chinese, Syrians and now Venezuelans have on our country.

Rattans has my FULL support and i’m sure many customers feel the same way.

For your comments and corrections.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 11th, 2023, 8:54 pm

Doesn’t the company benefit from not paying NIS or something so for Venezuelans . Let’s not over glamorize working in Rattan’s . It’s all dollars and cents

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 11th, 2023, 10:01 pm

Kenjo wrote:Doesn’t the company benefit from not paying NIS or something so for Venezuelans . Let’s not over glamorize working in Rattan’s . It’s all dollars and cents

Ken,

I am unable to say, but what i can comment on is the improved service through willingness and dedication from the Venezuelan community.

But you really feel a company like Rattan’s will risk not paying NIS?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 12th, 2023, 5:54 am

MaxPower wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Doesn’t the company benefit from not paying NIS or something so for Venezuelans . Let’s not over glamorize working in Rattan’s . It’s all dollars and cents

Ken,

I am unable to say, but what i can comment on is the improved service through willingness and dedication from the Venezuelan community.

Do Venezuelans qualify for NIS? Interesting question

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 12th, 2023, 7:19 am

timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ken,

They get free emergency health care and followup is supposed to be privately for non urgent things . Pregnancy and children it’s free totally for them . But yes it’s somewhere as a fact that certain taxes the employers save on not paying so it’s an added incentive .if someone is going to shop at Rattan’s they aren’t looking for customer service as their top priority . It’s a high volume at relatively cheaper prices Store not so ?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 12th, 2023, 8:45 am

Kenjo wrote:
timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ken,

They get free emergency health care and followup is supposed to be privately for non urgent things . Pregnancy and children it’s free totally for them . But yes it’s somewhere as a fact that certain taxes the employers save on not paying so it’s an added incentive .if someone is going to shop at Rattan’s they aren’t looking for customer service as their top priority . It’s a high volume at relatively cheaper prices Store not so ?
Doesn't that count as tax evasion?
Asking for a friend that owns a minimart

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 12th, 2023, 9:12 am

timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ken,

They don’t, which is why so many are employed. Business owners pay nothing for them.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 12th, 2023, 9:28 am

timelapse wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ken,

Doesn't that count as tax evasion?
Asking for a friend that owns a minimart

NIS is not a tax

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 12th, 2023, 10:54 am

Kenjo wrote:
timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ken,

Ken,

Customer service is very important and a top priority for many. There are customers that will walk out a store if the employees are being rude, unhelpful and uninterested.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 12th, 2023, 12:25 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ken,

Ken,

Customer service is very important and a top priority for many. There are customers that will walk out a store if the employees are being rude, unhelpful and uninterested.

I think there should be special arrangements to charge them nis while they're here because nis is supposedly low on funding and was proposing to raise the retirement age to 65. Not like most of the venes going to stay here until they retire anyway so tax them heavy while here so that we can benefit

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 12th, 2023, 12:51 pm

^ alf,

I agree with you. If we must continue to give and give to the Venezuelans, the citizens must benefit as well…but not too heavy of taxes.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 12th, 2023, 12:55 pm

It seems like it's time to rename this thread:

1. Where to get a job when a Vene takes yours.

2. How to tax Venes so I don't have to pay taxes.

3. Where to move when the Venes take over your neighborhood.

4. What to do when your new baby looks like a Vene?

5. How can I become a Vene?

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » January 13th, 2023, 11:42 am

Venezuelan immigrants should be allowed in Trinidad and Tobago based on moral, economic, and security grounds.

Moral Grounds
The Venezuelan people have been suffering through a major crisis for several years now with more than 4 million people already having escaped their native country due to the oppressive political climate and deteriorating economic standards. The situation is even worse with the estimates of an additional 5 million forced to leave by 2020. With Venezuela currently facing shortages of food, water, electricity, and other basic necessities, allowing these immigrants in is the only ray of hope that they have. It would provide them an opportunity to get away from all the turmoil that exists there and start anew in Trinidad & Tobago.

Economic Grounds
Trinidad & Tobago stands to gain from increased immigration from Venezuela as well. There is a rising labor shortage in the country which this influx of migrants could fill up as they bring along new skillsets, diverse expertise, increased knowledge and creativity to Trinidad & Tobago’s economy. By replenishing a dwindling local workforce with foreign talents, the country can increase its efficiency at producing goods and services for both external consumption as well as internal use without sacrificing quality. This will ensure sustainable long-term growth for Trinidad & Tobago regardless of external factors such as global economics or natural disasters.

Security Grounds
Moreover, allowing Venezuelan refugees into Trinidad & Tobago will also serve a security function as it strengthens military alliances between Caribbean nations while improving diplomatic ties between countries. An increased number of Venezuelan immigrants into T&T provides a stabilizing force between both countries because they are well trained staff members who are willing to fight alongside T&T if tensions rise with neighboring countries in the region like Colombia or Brazil—which further reinforces regional security methods and protocols within Caribbean international politics. In addition, immigrants often bring with them various technological advancements that help protect citizens against threats.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 13th, 2023, 3:01 pm

adnj wrote:It seems like it's time to rename this thread:

1. Where to get a job when a Vene takes yours.

2. How to tax Venes so I don't have to pay taxes.

3. Where to move when the Venes take over your neighborhood.

4. What to do when your new baby looks like a Vene?

5. How can I become a Vene?

all those are jokes except #3, that's actually a srs question.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”