TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 26th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Buh soldier 9 out of 10 times a violent crime is committed (beating, robbery, gang/rape, murder) suspects are "of African decent"

What you saying is them dark Vene who look like afro, framing these fellas?
And time-o I would choose a noisy, dirty environment where people would not get rob and rape, over a quiet clean environment full of robbery and rape.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2021, 6:09 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:Buh soldier 9 out of 10 times a violent crime is committed (beating, robbery, gang/rape, murder) suspects are "of African decent"

What you saying is them dark Vene who look like afro, framing these fellas?
And time-o I would choose a noisy, dirty environment where people would not get rob and rape, over a quiet clean environment full of robbery and rape.

Hello Blaze,

Correct yet again.

Crime and disturbances remain LOW from the Venezuelans.

The reality and statistics are what Trinis find extremely hard to accept.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 26th, 2021, 6:53 pm

^ They would say how "oh it not being reported"

alfa wrote:Learning Spanish is good. I myself did it up to form 5, an extra subject on the old grade slip. However this is and always be an English speaking country. You want to come here you have to learn our language, adapt to our culture, not the other way around. Those who don't like it could take a swim back to venezuela

Well now you being trini-minded.
You looking at it from the old talk and culture aspect.
I didn't say drop English and make Spanish the official language etc.
I also looking at the business/tourism aspect.

Germany/Nederlands/Denmark/Sweden etc are not English speaking countries, yet most people around 40 and under, know English. Majority of street signs/restaurant menus in those countries have the English translation. Why?
They could have just refused to learn English and say "nah you need to adapt if you coming here to lime or eat do business" and watch their profits decline.

Yeah the Venez here should learn English, but seeing that many of them are refugees who have been through traumatic experiences before and after they get here, it would be the "right" thing to do to learn enough of their language to make things easier. The English will fall in place as you all being to make progress and talking Spanglish. It not costing you any money and you educating yourself.

I not confusing Venes with tourists. Just saying Spanish can help you out with other things besides trying to pull up on Vene gyul. Seeing all them recent road signs and menus in spanish is indeed heart-warming.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 26th, 2021, 8:33 pm

timelapse wrote:Let me make myself clear.I will NEVER accept foreigners disrespecting my country.It may have flaws, but so be it.They could firetruck themselves.Anybody supporting said foreigners is damn lucky we don't enforce treason laws like the US.FBI or whoever woulda already bury your arse
MaxPower wrote:Team,

Let’s learn to accept things we cannot change.

Our authorities do not condone the glug glug and boat sinking thinking.

We are a nation that supports the Venezuelans.

@timelapse, yeh i would say she is not attractive but she does have a point bro. I honestly thought it was disrespectful and it will cause an uproar from some Trini women....but again, she is right and it does relate to many situations.

And these stink mouth Venes bad talking us, ironically forgetting the latrine they left to come here.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 26th, 2021, 8:38 pm

https://www.unhcr.org/news/press/2021/4 ... hways.html

UNHCR, IOM: Latest Caribbean shipwreck tragedy underscores need for safe pathways

Joint UNHCR/IOM Press Release

26 April 2021 | Español | Français | عربي

UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) are deeply saddened by the latest loss of at least two lives after a boat capsized off Venezuela’s shores on Thursday 22 April.

According to local authorities, at least 24 people including several children are believed to have been on board the boat heading towards the Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago. Seven people were rescued by commercial Venezuelan vessels, and two bodies have so far been recovered, while rescue operations are ongoing to find other survivors among the 15 Venezuelans that are still unaccounted for according to authorities.

“The waters of the Caribbean Sea continue to claim the lives of Venezuelans,” said Eduardo Stein, Joint Special Representative of UNHCR and IOM for Venezuelan Refugees and Migrants. “As the conditions in the country continue to deteriorate – all worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic – people continue to undertake life-threatening journeys.”

This is the latest of several incidents involving the capsizing of boats carrying Venezuelan refugees and migrants towards Caribbean islands, the most recent reported near the Venezuelan city of Guiria in December last year.

With land and maritime borders still closed to limit COVID-19 transmission, these journeys take place mainly through irregular routes, heightening the dangers as well as health and protection risks.

“Shipwrecks, tragic deaths at border crossings and further suffering are avoidable, but only if immediate and concerted international action is mobilized to find pragmatic solutions that put saving lives and protecting human rights at the forefront of any response,” added Stein.

“The establishment of regular and safe pathways, including through humanitarian visas and family reunification, as well as the implementation of protection-sensitive entry systems and adequate reception mechanisms, can prevent the use of irregular routes, smuggling and trafficking.”

UNHCR and IOM reiterate their readiness to lend support and technical expertise in exploring practical solutions to provide regular pathways that also take into account COVID-19 prevention measures. UNHCR and IOM, as co-leaders of the Interagency Coordination Platform for refugees and migrants from Venezuela (R4V), work with at least 24 other partners and governments across the Caribbean to meet the needs of refugees and migrants in the sub-region.

There are over 5 million Venezuelan refugees and migrants around the world, 200,000 of whom are estimated to be hosted in the Caribbean.

I agree 100%. We need to get the ferry working again. Is people family we talking about. God is watching. God will judge us. Put your fake nationalism and xenophobia on the back burner and think about what God would want you to do.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 26th, 2021, 8:58 pm

De Dragon wrote:And these stink mouth Venes bad talking us, ironically forgetting the latrine they left to come here.

They can't bad talk us when there is nothing good to say.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » April 26th, 2021, 9:16 pm

paid_influencer wrote:https://www.unhcr.org/news/press/2021/4/60867de04/unhcr-iom-latest-caribbean-shipwreck-tragedy-underscores-need-safe-pathways.html

UNHCR, IOM: Latest Caribbean shipwreck tragedy underscores need for safe pathways

Joint UNHCR/IOM Press Release

26 April 2021 | Español | Français | عربي

UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) are deeply saddened by the latest loss of at least two lives after a boat capsized off Venezuela’s shores on Thursday 22 April.

According to local authorities, at least 24 people including several children are believed to have been on board the boat heading towards the Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago. Seven people were rescued by commercial Venezuelan vessels, and two bodies have so far been recovered, while rescue operations are ongoing to find other survivors among the 15 Venezuelans that are still unaccounted for according to authorities.

“The waters of the Caribbean Sea continue to claim the lives of Venezuelans,” said Eduardo Stein, Joint Special Representative of UNHCR and IOM for Venezuelan Refugees and Migrants. “As the conditions in the country continue to deteriorate – all worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic – people continue to undertake life-threatening journeys.”

This is the latest of several incidents involving the capsizing of boats carrying Venezuelan refugees and migrants towards Caribbean islands, the most recent reported near the Venezuelan city of Guiria in December last year.

With land and maritime borders still closed to limit COVID-19 transmission, these journeys take place mainly through irregular routes, heightening the dangers as well as health and protection risks.

“Shipwrecks, tragic deaths at border crossings and further suffering are avoidable, but only if immediate and concerted international action is mobilized to find pragmatic solutions that put saving lives and protecting human rights at the forefront of any response,” added Stein.

“The establishment of regular and safe pathways, including through humanitarian visas and family reunification, as well as the implementation of protection-sensitive entry systems and adequate reception mechanisms, can prevent the use of irregular routes, smuggling and trafficking.”

UNHCR and IOM reiterate their readiness to lend support and technical expertise in exploring practical solutions to provide regular pathways that also take into account COVID-19 prevention measures. UNHCR and IOM, as co-leaders of the Interagency Coordination Platform for refugees and migrants from Venezuela (R4V), work with at least 24 other partners and governments across the Caribbean to meet the needs of refugees and migrants in the sub-region.

There are over 5 million Venezuelan refugees and migrants around the world, 200,000 of whom are estimated to be hosted in the Caribbean.

I agree 100%. We need to get the ferry working again. Is people family we talking about. God is watching. God will judge us. Put your fake nationalism and xenophobia on the back burner and think about what God would want you to do.

So amm since we taking about free for all refugees when we going to start taking in Palestinian refugees, after all they have been oppressed since 1948. Or is only a certain hue of people we taking here?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2021, 9:19 pm

De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:Let me make myself clear.I will NEVER accept foreigners disrespecting my country.It may have flaws, but so be it.They could firetruck themselves.Anybody supporting said foreigners is damn lucky we don't enforce treason laws like the US.FBI or whoever woulda already bury your arse

@timelapse, yeh i would say she is not attractive but she does have a point bro. I honestly thought it was disrespectful and it will cause an uproar from some Trini women....but again, she is right and it does relate to many situations.

And these stink mouth Venes bad talking us, ironically forgetting the latrine they left to come here.

Yep, coming here and outperforming locals lol

What does that say about Trinis? Lol

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 26th, 2021, 9:24 pm

In what ways exactly? You have any vids of this?
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 26th, 2021, 11:20 pm

nah boi time-o, no need for vids.
You seeing it every day all over.

Vene gyul getting more sales in them stores that pay commission, so their salary will increase.
Vene fellas licking up them construction work at least 3x faster than trinis for the same price, so them getting selected faster to do future jobs.

Remember the video where the Afrogirl said something like "Everybody know anytime you want to see something fail, you put black people in charge"...something..."the other communities laughing.."

Well is like that, but the opposite.
Anytime you want to see your business flourish, you hire Venez.
Regardless if is selling doubles or rum, cleaning toilet, washing car, security, farming, cooking etc.
They learn fast and work just as fast.

Even if it comes to prostitution, they outperforming the locals.
Local girls are now forced to go look for a different job, which is why so many women envy them.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2021, 11:58 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:nah boi time-o, no need for vids.

Vene gyul getting more sales in them stores that pay commission, so their salary will increase.
Vene fellas licking up them construction work at least 3x faster than trinis for the same price, so them getting selected faster to do future jobs.

Remember the video where the Afrogirl said something like "Everybody know anytime you want to see something fail, you put black people in charge"...something..."the other communities laughing.."

Regardless if is selling doubles or rum, cleaning toilet, washing car, security, farming, cooking etc.

Local girls are now forced to go look for a different job, which is why so many women envy them.

Blaze,

It really amazes me the amount of truth you speak in all your posts.

What you speak of is happening every single day and it is becoming the New Norm.

The Venezuelans really are settling nicely.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 27th, 2021, 12:22 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

If you're salty because Manuel outperforming you on the deep fryer, that's your business.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 27th, 2021, 8:51 am

So why Max bhai want videos to believe that they behaving badly , but openly accepting that they is the best thing since sliced bread without proof?
Sounding like dem JW that does tell me I worshipping demons but can't prove that their God isn't a demon.Bias is a hell of a thing
Blaze d Chalice wrote:nah boi time-o, no need for vids.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 27th, 2021, 8:53 am

Manuel ain't got the brains or class to do my job hoss.Simple facts.Class vs Crass.
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

If you're salty because Manuel outperforming you on the deep fryer, that's your business.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » April 27th, 2021, 10:00 am

Is how men in this ched literally high fiving they self with alt accounts and carrying on full conversations nah.

Experienced tuners getting trolled by amateurs arguing about the same sheit for the last 100 pages trying to "pong sense" in men head.

Lol here's to the next hundred pages.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 27th, 2021, 10:30 am

Should trinis treat this as a threat to their well beings?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 27th, 2021, 10:33 am

mero wrote:Is how men in this ched literally high fiving they self with alt accounts and carrying on full conversations nah.

Experienced tuners getting trolled by amateurs arguing about the same sheit for the last 100 pages trying to "pong sense" in men head.

Lol here's to the next hundred pages.

Hello mero,

Who are the alt accounts? and for who?

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 27th, 2021, 11:04 am

These business owners will use these Venezuelans and pay them next to nothing for their time.
Trinis however know their worth and won't stand for bs.
If you give public or private sector a chance to exploit you, They WILL!!

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 27th, 2021, 11:20 am

Venzuelan women are good workers.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 27th, 2021, 12:13 pm

matr1x wrote:Should trinis treat this as a threat to their well beings?

Slim,

The only treat you need right now is a salad.

Anything outside that is a threat to your well being.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 27th, 2021, 12:22 pm

wtf wrote:These business owners will use these Venezuelans and pay them next to nothing for their time.
Trinis however know their worth and won't stand for bs.
If you give public or private sector a chance to exploit you, They WILL!!

Lmao at Trinis bragging about their “worth”. Trinis “worth” aint no kinda “worth” which will explain the piss poor work etiquette/ethic which is widely recognized.

Business communities/employers are no longer tolerating their “worth” and are utilizing other options they have available i.e - immigrant labour force.

Venezuelans however, are understanding their demand and are being paid more than Trinis in many instances. Remember TIPS means to ensure prompt service.

Let me say again, we have many many many hard working Trinis in and out of T&T....UNfortunately, the vast majority if Trinis gives us all a bad reputation.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 27th, 2021, 12:23 pm

The guy in the Chinese grocery by me agrees , he replaced all his staff minus the security with vene. Over hear him saying he reaping those after hour benefits and how he let go the last cashier because she not really fit but wearing a corset but the new girl fit.
SuperiorMan wrote:Venzuelan women are good workers.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 27th, 2021, 12:26 pm

nemisis wrote:The guy in the Chinese grocery by me agrees , he replaced all his staff minus the security with vene. Over hear him saying he reaping those after hour benefits and how he let go the last cashier because she not really fit but wearing a corset but the new girl fit.

MaxPower?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 27th, 2021, 12:32 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
nemisis wrote:The guy in the Chinese grocery by me agrees , he replaced all his staff minus the security with vene. Over hear him saying he reaping those after hour benefits and how he let go the last cashier because she not really fit but wearing a corset but the new girl fit.

MaxPower?

O monsta tell meh

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 27th, 2021, 12:33 pm

MaxPower wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

MaxPower?

O monsta tell meh

what?

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 27th, 2021, 12:37 pm

You guys will regret this when you finish paying thousands of dollars to send your kids to school and no jobs available for them when they leave school. All Venezuelans would have taken them.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 27th, 2021, 1:07 pm

MaxPower wrote:
matr1x wrote:Should trinis treat this as a threat to their well beings?

Slim,

The only treat you need right now is a salad.

Anything outside that is a threat to your well being.

Agreed.

Your mom was too fattening

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 27th, 2021, 1:08 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

MaxPower?

O monsta tell meh

what?

I see you call my name bro

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 27th, 2021, 1:11 pm

MaxPower wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

MaxPower?

O monsta tell meh

what?

I see you call my name bro

MaxPower,

It was a comment made in jest. It sounded like he was referring to you :)

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 27th, 2021, 1:19 pm

wtf wrote:You guys will regret this when you finish paying thousands of dollars to send your kids to school and no jobs available for them when they leave school. All Venezuelans would have taken them.

Hello wtf,

This is why it is imperative that Trinis make change now.

The Venezuelans are finding easy employment and living because we allowed them to. If Trinis were generally good workers, there would NOT be need for immigrant labour.

Venezuelans are supposed to be turned down for work, but instead they are hired because the Trini worker never showed up, was late as usual or shows no interest/pride/dedication in their work.

The world is changing, things are happening, people are moving....Trinis cannot continue their complacent typical mentality and expect to not be left behind.

Stop giving the Govt, business communities and service seekers a reason to prefer immigrants over their own.

Am i talking sense or not? When will we get it right?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”