TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby matr1x » May 10th, 2022, 2:16 pm

I put some good baby back pork ribs in the smoker. Damn delicious.

In port of spain, a woman arguing with an officer. She saying in poor hoe English, the signs not in Spanish

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 10th, 2022, 2:24 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:
matr1x wrote:I am xenophobic against bandits entering my property
If they lgbt, you also homophobic

And if they eat corn beef ..
Peter pay for Paul,and they better call Saul

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 11th, 2022, 3:12 pm

timelapse wrote:What you call xenophobia,I call defending the laws of the country.Potato, potahto,aloo

Defense force in action .. :shock: :shock:

What happen here to your family Timex ?

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... d4683.html

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 11th, 2022, 3:16 pm

matr1x wrote:I put some good baby back pork ribs in the smoker. Damn delicious.

In port of spain, a woman arguing with an officer. She saying in poor hoe English, the signs not in Spanish

I put some good corn beef in the smoker. Damn delicious.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 11th, 2022, 4:27 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:What you call xenophobia,I call defending the laws of the country.Potato, potahto,aloo

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... d4683.html
My hair not curly bhai, neither do I deal up with Penalians.
But here's the response: Soldier boy is a citizen of this country and is subject to the laws of the land.He will be prosecuted accordingly.Your Vene people breaking the laws also by entering illegally to begin with and not facing any legal repercussions.They must abide by the laws of the country.When Guardia Nacional catch Trinis in their waters is lock up one time, sometimes ransom.I have heard the stories from my Fullarton family.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 11th, 2022, 4:45 pm

timelapse wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... d4683.html[/quote]My hair not curly bhai, neither do I deal up with Penalians.
But here's the response: Soldier boy is a citizen of this country and is subject to the laws of the land.He will be prosecuted accordingly.Your Vene people breaking the laws also by entering illegally to begin with and not facing any legal repercussions.They must abide by the laws of the country.When Guardia Nacional catch Trinis in their waters is lock up one time, sometimes ransom.I have heard the stories from my Fullarton family.

What happen here to your marvelous coconut oil hair - Cousin Timex ?

You still defending ?

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/ninetee ... 3b635ab4c0

matr1x

Postby matr1x » May 11th, 2022, 4:50 pm

RedVEVO wrote:

Nah jed, we get rubbish beef in Trinidad. And pork better

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 11th, 2022, 4:55 pm

matr1x wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Nah jed, we get rubbish beef in Trinidad. And pork better

Ok understand - You are what you eat :lol:

matr1x

Postby matr1x » May 11th, 2022, 7:06 pm

And drink

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 11th, 2022, 7:44 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... d4683.html[/quote]My hair not curly bhai, neither do I deal up with Penalians.

You still defending ?

Timex ? But eh eh ..

Somebody call 555 or ODPM or kick off the rubber pantufla and run go visit ..

Anybody have his BLU mobile number or his red rotary dial ?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 12th, 2022, 6:15 pm

Street by my little corner parlour clearing up nicely. Every day 2-3 of them going back home. No work they say :lol:
Parlour man glad too bad, no more drunken noisy all night sessions to disturb his 70 year old self :D

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 12th, 2022, 6:36 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

You still defending ?

Yuh link working as good as your brains

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 12th, 2022, 8:35 pm

Not sure if true or not na.

But yuh does see the high end things coming into the customs bond from USA.

They mus be does seize .00001% of what comes in
Screenshot_20220512-203035_Facebook.jpg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 12th, 2022, 8:38 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Not sure if true or not na.

But yuh does see the high end things coming into the customs bond from USA.

They mus be does seize .00001% of what comes in
Screenshot_20220512-203035_Facebook.jpg
Rowlee is a lying MC

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 12th, 2022, 8:48 pm

Allyuh now realize most of the drugs and guns coming from the USA?

Smh

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » May 13th, 2022, 6:23 am

Drugs do not come from the US
Drugs in the US move across North America and Europe. Nobody ships drugs back south from the US. Guns, yes.

More likely many gun crates coming commercially from Brazil, Mexico etc
MaxPower wrote:Allyuh now realize most of the drugs and guns coming from the USA?

Smh

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 13th, 2022, 7:01 am

assassin wrote:Drugs do not come from the US
Drugs in the US move across North America and Europe. Nobody ships drugs back south from the US. Guns, yes.

MaxPower wrote:Allyuh now realize most of the drugs and guns coming from the USA?

Smh
Dem fellas does want to believe that nothing bad comes from South America.There is zero crime there, zero drugs, zero firearms.Only good people that enjoy working for minimum compensation are there.South America is the land of rainbows and unicorns.

mero

Postby mero » May 13th, 2022, 8:16 am

Smh
You know it have other drugs in Trinidad besides coke right? Foreign weed weed and designer drugs coming here decades now and it's most prevalent now. Just gotta open your eyes more

Lots of drugs come from the North.

mero

Postby mero » May 13th, 2022, 8:22 am

timelapse wrote:

Smh
Dem fellas does want to believe that nothing bad comes from South America.There is zero crime there, zero drugs, zero firearms.Only good people that enjoy working for minimum compensation are there.South America is the land of rainbows and unicorns.
Lol everything bad comes from SA. Never heard anyone not blaming them before.

Feel like that's been a curse yet somewhat of an odd blessing to us being in close proximity

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 13th, 2022, 5:30 pm

Pablo Escobar: Am I a joke to you?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 13th, 2022, 5:38 pm

Max,

What's happening here:

TWO VENEZUELAN MEN WERE HELD MINUTES AFTER THEY WERE INVOLVED IN AN ARMED ROBBERY AT EDINBURGH VILLAGE, CHAGUANAS ON THURSDAY 12TH MAY, 2022.

• AROUND 8:30 PM PC'S HOWARD, WILLIAMS & RALPH OF THE ERP (26) RESPONDED TO A REPORT OF ROBBERY EDINBURGH VILLAGE, CHAGUANAS & PURSUED TWO MALE SUSPECTS.

• AFTER BEING DETAINED, A SEARCH WAS CARRIED OUT ON THE MEN AND A SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOL WITH 5 LIVE ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION WERE FOUND IN THE PANTS WAIST OF ONE OF THE SUSPECTS.

https://fb.watch/c_yhjEULXR/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2022, 5:39 pm

Antonio Montana: You need people like me

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2022, 5:45 pm

hover11 wrote:Max,

What's happening here:

TWO VENEZUELAN MEN WERE HELD MINUTES AFTER THEY WERE INVOLVED IN AN ARMED ROBBERY AT EDINBURGH VILLAGE, CHAGUANAS ON THURSDAY 12TH MAY, 2022.

• AROUND 8:30 PM PC'S HOWARD, WILLIAMS & RALPH OF THE ERP (26) RESPONDED TO A REPORT OF ROBBERY EDINBURGH VILLAGE, CHAGUANAS & PURSUED TWO MALE SUSPECTS.

• AFTER BEING DETAINED, A SEARCH WAS CARRIED OUT ON THE MEN AND A SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOL WITH 5 LIVE ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION WERE FOUND IN THE PANTS WAIST OF ONE OF THE SUSPECTS.

Crime exists Jason.

A few bad apples mean that we will have a few cases of Venezuelan crime which pretty much sums it up.

Thanks for the article.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 14th, 2022, 12:29 pm

hover11 wrote:Max,

What's happening here:

Those officers made a mistake.
Somewhere in that article should read "killing both bandits".

What a terrible waste of an opportunity smh.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 14th, 2022, 3:29 pm

88sins wrote:Those officers made a mistake.
Somewhere in that article should read "killing both bandits".

What a terrible waste of an opportunity smh.

X3000

If you must commit harmful crimes, then i agree, put them down.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 15th, 2022, 7:54 am

Max,

Your ppl need you:

Venezuelans declared refugees by the UN being deported from T&T

The T&T Government is deporting Venezuelans who have been declared refugees by the United Nations, and this is illegal under international law. This is the claim made by Venezuelan human rights activist Yesenia Gonzalez.

Gonzalez told the Sunday Guardian that children are being separated from their parents and sent back to Venezuela, people degrade Venezuelan women by calling them prostitutes and many Venezuelans are the victims of human trafficking.

Venezuelans are also complaining that although they were officially registered to work in T&T by the Government, they are still being threatened with deportation, she said.

According to Gonzalez, she and other NGOs would like to have a meeting with National Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds on the matter.

The Sunday Guardian reached out to the office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Port-of-Spain, and the organisation said T&T acceded to the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol in November 2000. Accession means a state accepts the offer or the opportunity to become a party to a treaty already negotiated and signed by other states. It has the same legal effect as ratification.

The UNHCR added that those who have been granted refugee status, as well as those whose cases are currently pending final assessment, are given an ID card with a unique registration number.

"Holders of these cards, as recognised refugees and asylum-seekers, should therefore be guaranteed certain international protections and rights as outlined in the 1951 Convention. Article 33 of the 1951 Convention clearly outlines one of the most critical of these rights–the principle of non-refoulement, or the right not to be returned to a place where one may have a well-founded claim that one's life may be in danger.”

Gonzalez said what the T&T Government was doing is not morally or legally right.

“Also, there are those who have the refugee cards issued by the UNHCR and the Government is threatening to deport them. Normally, the court rules that they should be freed as they are UNHCR cardholders. Sometimes Venezuelans are being forced to sign documents they don’t understand and there are orders to have them deported to Venezuela. The authorities here also say that the UNHCR card has no value.”

She said that the reason why Venezuelans are in T&T is that they need “protection” from conditions in Venezuela, and it is sad how they are being treated not only by local authorities but also by ordinary citizens.

“This is about human rights. Children are being separated from their parents and sent back to Venezuela. The incident with the baby being shot on the boat, all those children were sent back to Venezuela without having an investigation done.”

She pointed out that there are international human trafficking rings that bring Venezuelan women to T&T where they are treated as sex slaves.

Gonzalez called upon the T&T Police Service to do more to crack down on these human trafficking rings.

“These women are being abused, they are being raped in T&T, their bodies are being burnt. Many of them are teenagers. The criminals post on Facebook that they are offering jobs in T&T and con these vulnerable young girls into coming here. When they reach and realise it is a trap, it’s too late. These criminals then prostitute these girls in clubs, bars, and restaurants. People on the streets call them prostitutes, but they are not. These poor girls are victims.”

Another problem Venezuelans face in T&T is that many are being underpaid and made to work long hours, she said.

At the same time, she acknowledged that some Venezuelans are involved in criminal activities and should be investigated and deported. But she said most Venezuelans are decent, hard-working people who simply want to work to feed their families.

Tagged in:
migrants

Sponsored Content
Facebook
Twitter
Popular in the Community

3 RESPONSES

More Conversations for You

RELATED ARTICLES
SPONSORED
WEATHER
PORT OF SPAIN WEATHER
SPONSORED
CATEGORIES
News
Business
Sports
Features
Opinion
Death Notices
INFORMATION
About Us
Contact Us
Advertise With Us
Privacy Policy
Subscriptions
Terms of Services
DIGITAL MEDIA
The Big Board Company.
Real Estate
Classifieds
TELEVISION
CNC3 Television
RADIO
951 Remix
Aakash Vani 106.5 FM
Sangeet 106.1 FM
Sky 99.5FM
Slam 100.5 FM
Vibe CT 105 FM
Mix 90.1 FM (Guyana)
ABOUT US
Guardian Media is the premier provider of multimedia solutions and authoritative insight on news, politics, business, finance, sports, and current affairs. Our brand portfolio includes CNC3, Guardian, TBC Radio Network and The Big Board Company.

CONTACT US
Send us an e-mail here or call us at +1-(868)-225-4465

FOLLOW US

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 15th, 2022, 9:04 am

The Useless Nations organization can declare whatever they want. They have zero authority or say in how sovereign nations choose to handle their affairs.

all the "refugee" talk, they spewing and their useless opinions, for some reason they have nothing to say about these same "refugees" smuggling all forms of contraband into this country, and they dare not set foot in venezuela in an effort to alleviate the suffering that motivates these people to become "refugees". But want to talk about venezuelan being abused in trinidad.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 15th, 2022, 12:48 pm

Why de eff the UN don't talk to America about lifting their sanctions and to stop meddling in Venezuela business

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 15th, 2022, 1:04 pm

timelapse wrote:Why de eff the UN don't talk to America about lifting their sanctions and to stop meddling in Venezuela business

x3001

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 15th, 2022, 1:08 pm

timelapse wrote:Why de eff the UN don't talk to America about lifting their sanctions and to stop meddling in Venezuela business

Which America? d same one that does give them a setta money?
Never gonna happen

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”