this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Certificate of good character

Postby *KRONIK* » March 10th, 2023, 11:11 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
adnj wrote:Most countries don't fingerprint their citizens until they either apply for a passport or are taken into police custody.

That CoC looks like it's just a way for TTPS to build a database of fingerprints for everyone that has ever filled out an application in Trinidad.

Background checks are done by name and address. Fingerprints just assist in preventing applicants from using forged ID.
But EVERYTIME you go for a COC is the same procedure
Either scan on the machine or ink & roll

I doh understand why, if they scanning your hand and taking your ID info, why they cant just store it
So next time you want a COC, they can pull up your name and check the record and givw you the COC 1 time
Is the record "live" or up to date thought?

Do all random stations have access to the same database they have in pos? They probably need to do a revamp like what license office doing.
No clue how that system working.

But i woulda like to see it function as i mentioned

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 10th, 2023, 11:13 am

where rollingstock when yuh actually need him for info

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 10th, 2023, 11:22 am

they should be doing the old fashion ink and roll - they did it last time it went down

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 10th, 2023, 11:30 am

what you mean? that is how they do it

the system that broken down is the computer side where they can the paper with ink prints and
let the computer analyze

[quote by="redmanjp"]they should be doing the old fashion ink and roll - they did it last time it went down[/quote]

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 10th, 2023, 11:48 am

Question , how much money was allocated to Ministry of national security that a simple machine like this can't be fixed or a new system cannot be implemented?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 10th, 2023, 11:55 am

pugboy wrote:what you mean? that is how they do it

the system that broken down is the computer side where they can the paper with ink prints and
let the computer analyze

[quote by="redmanjp"]they should be doing the old fashion ink and roll - they did it last time it went down
[/quote]

afaik they supposed to have scanners that scan your finger directly - no ink involved

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 10th, 2023, 1:57 pm

redmanjp wrote:

let the computer analyze

[quote by="redmanjp"]they should be doing the old fashion ink and roll - they did it last time it went down

afaik they supposed to have scanners that scan your finger directly - no ink involved[/quote]There are less than 10 of those in existence. Prints are rolled via ink and paper, scanned and entered into a database.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 10th, 2023, 2:00 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:
hover11 wrote:While businesses complain about hiring people blindly as people cannot access Certificates of Character (CoC), the T&T Police Service (TTPS) says employers can use their area police stations to access referrals.

Read more...
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/dcp-emp ... 8c38e2320b
Like the fat affecting his brains because he is making no sense. How can an officer who doesnt know you recommend you. He feel is 1940 awah
I eh read the link but can't they type in your name or Id number and see if you have a record?
Sometimes when the CoC system is down that is down also. That is the same system that 20 year old warrants still show up and can land a person in a cell and months down the road is lawsuit for wrong imprisonment because warrant was executed a long time ago

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 10th, 2023, 2:03 pm

i did a coc late last year and was still the normal ink method

hustla_ambition101 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

let the computer analyze

afaik they supposed to have scanners that scan your finger directly - no ink involved
There are less than 10 of those in existence. Prints are rolled via ink and paper, scanned and entered into a database.[/quote]

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 10th, 2023, 6:29 pm

Everything has been malfunctioning for the past 7yrs. Billions allocated in annual budgets and nothing to show. Anyway we like it so.....

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 11th, 2023, 5:36 pm

The CoC I had to get for the Brazilian embassy to apply for my VITEM was done the old ink and paper way. Got it six weeks before I flew out, which was fortunately enough time to get it apostilled at Foreign Affairs and submitted. May I never have to see the inside of Registrar General's ever again (probably will need to though, to register my marriage abroad) Why I can't do it at the Embassy in Brasilia is beyond me.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 24th, 2023, 3:02 pm

a lil birdie told me it back up

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 27th, 2023, 7:19 pm

redmanjp wrote:a lil birdie told me it back up

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/certificate-of-character-system-back-up-6.2.1667407.9ab94686f5

Citizens can once again receive a Certificate of Character (CoC) from the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS).

On March 16, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Curt Simon said the "technical matter" which led to the breakdown of the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) would have been rectified by Wednesday March 22 to bring about some "temporary relief".

Today, TTPS Public Information Officer, Inspector Michelle Lewis told Guardian Media that on Friday, AFIS was fully functional once again and CoCs can be generated now.

Inspector Lewis added that what is in place now is not "temporary relief" but rather the entire system is functioning as it used to.

She could not tell Guardian Media what the "technical matter" was which led to the malfunction but she said local and international technicians worked on rectifying the problem.

CoC's could not have been issued since February 2023

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 27th, 2023, 7:30 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2023/03/27/activist-why-is-police-fingerprint-id-system-out-of-action/

In a freedom-of-information request, Balgobin-Maharaj also wants to know the total amount of money the police owed creditors up to February 28; if any outstanding licence fees are owed to suppliers of equipment, and the amount owed; if the service has paid licence fees for the system and the amount paid; and how much was spent on the system for 2022.

In a letter to the commissioner last week, attorney Vishaal Siewsaran said his client was concerned after reading an article quoting former police commissioner Gary Griffith speaking at a joint select committee hearing of a $182 million debt the police owed to suppliers of IT and equipment, among other things.

"Many businessmen have complained to the applicant that they are being owed monies by the TTPS and they are not being paid.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 27th, 2023, 7:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2023/03/27/activist-why-is-police-fingerprint-id-system-out-of-action/

In a freedom-of-information request, Balgobin-Maharaj also wants to know the total amount of money the police owed creditors up to February 28; if any outstanding licence fees are owed to suppliers of equipment, and the amount owed; if the service has paid licence fees for the system and the amount paid; and how much was spent on the system for 2022.

In a letter to the commissioner last week, attorney Vishaal Siewsaran said his client was concerned after reading an article quoting former police commissioner Gary Griffith speaking at a joint select committee hearing of a $182 million debt the police owed to suppliers of IT and equipment, among other things.

"Many businessmen have complained to the applicant that they are being owed monies by the TTPS and they are not being paid.
I applaud Ravi for trying a thing here however,this just showcasing an even bigger issue, a small percentage of the number of independent contractors who are owed payment for work done for this government. Nevertheless let the power of the freedom of information Act highlight their incompetence.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 27th, 2023, 8:39 pm

ent ttps gets the biggest chunk of the national budget?
we have a right to know

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 27th, 2023, 11:57 pm

pugboy wrote:ent ttps gets the biggest chunk of the national budget?
we have a right to know

Correction
National security gets the biggest chunk of the budget, not ttps

dem is just a cog in d wheel

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 28th, 2023, 2:47 am

i see ttps sporting a whole setta new vehicles
rav4s

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 28th, 2023, 6:58 am

pugboy wrote:i see ttps sporting a whole setta new vehicles
rav4s
Those were on order since Gary/jacob days. Just to pur things in perspective. Many of the PEC Xtrails that you seeing being used already hit 100k mileage and they didnt reach a year old yet.

The biggest misconception is that the money that National Security gets is for the TTPS only. Its for all the orgs under that umbrella and out of it salaries has to be paid for tens of thousands of persons and fuether to that the allocation was definitely not the largest.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 28th, 2023, 10:55 am

What the other orgs doing in comparison to TTPS? Granted that we have an out of control crime situation you would think that the one responsible for dealing with crime would get priority?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”