Forums

UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby Rovin » August 9th, 2022, 7:09 pm

kamla stopped her unc local govt ppl from attending a local govt issues meeting hosted by rowdy & alfairy because they say pnm does only hold meetings & not listen to them nor do anything for them ....

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 9th, 2022, 7:21 pm

Rovin wrote:kamla stopped her unc local govt ppl from attending a local govt issues meeting hosted by rowdy & alfairy because they say pnm does only hold meetings & not listen to them nor do anything for them ....

I guess no help for the people they represent

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 9th, 2022, 7:26 pm

Rovin wrote:kamla stopped her unc local govt ppl from attending a local govt issues meeting hosted by rowdy & alfairy because they say pnm does only hold meetings & not listen to them nor do anything for them ....

Where in the constitution the prime Minister have any authority to call any meeting?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 9th, 2022, 7:32 pm

Soooo Rowley didn’t attend the meeting and Kamla was blamed for that. The politicians here are some of the best comedians

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 9th, 2022, 7:35 pm

matix wrote:

Soooo Rowley didn’t attend the meeting and Kamla was blamed for that. The politicians here are some of the best comedians

Ent? waste of time meeting

We all know the pnm was looking for points in the upcoming local government elections.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 9th, 2022, 7:46 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
matix wrote:

Ent? waste of time meeting

We all know the pnm was looking for points in the upcoming local government elections.

What’s funny was Al Fairy on the news blaming the opposition for Rowley not attending, claiming that it was some ground breaking event which has never happened before.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 9th, 2022, 7:55 pm

i tort rowdy is under civid restriction - he 14 days eh pass yet ? ....

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 9th, 2022, 8:21 pm

If neither party has a handle on crime, they ought to allow law abiding citizens to defend themselves with proper tools.

No one has any plan for diversification...

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 10th, 2022, 4:01 am

My people come first – lone councillor ignores UNC boycott of local government meeting

UNC councillor for Kelly Village/Warrenville, Samuel Sankar. Photo courtesy United National Congress

A lone UNC councillor, Samuel Sankar of Kelly Village/Warrenville, attended a meeting of local government representatives hosted by the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development. The meeting was held at the Government Campus Plaza, Richmond Street, Port of Spain on Tuesday.

A letter sent to regional corporation heads on July 28 invited them to the meeting, along with all councillors and all aldermen. The Prime Minister was expected to attend but did not show on the day. Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Monday instructed United National Congress (UNC) councillors and chairmen to boycott the meeting. The meeting laid out the operationalisation of the Local Government Reform Bill.

Speaking to Newsday via telephone, Sankar said he attended the meeting because he represents over 12,000 burgesses who are in need of goods and services from local government.

“It was advertised that part of the forum would have facilitated a question-and-answer session by the Prime Minister and the Rural Development and Local Government Minister.

"I made representation for my burgesses at that meeting, and that was my purpose for going there today, to tell and request the Prime Minister: 'This is my situation, how could you help me? How could you assist my burgesses?'

"That was a direct question for the Local Government Minister, everybody heard it, it was open and that was my sole purpose.”

He said his electoral district had been starved for funding, goods, and services, coming out of local government elections.

“I have five recreational grounds and parks that are overgrown and are not maintained, and I requested those today at the meeting. I need lights in my recreation grounds, I need the grounds to be kept properly, and so my intent was always to facilitate growth and development in access roads, infrastructure development, roads and bridges, drainage. Bejucal Road, Warren Road, Adjodha Road, all are access agriculture roads and they are in a deplorable state."

He said a lot of work needed to be done to alleviate the flooding problems in his electoral district.

“When it floods, I wonder who is coming to help me if I don’t get my representation there. I prefer to treat with mitigation against flooding than to go and look for hampers to distribute.

"I did ask the Local Government Minister those questions and said I need help in my electoral district, roads, infrastructural development, parks and recreation, sanitation, we have challenges throughout the district in terms of services to distribute to our burgesses.”

Samuel said he went to the meeting to speak directly to Dr Rowley and make representation at that level, as he was not in the business of burning tyres and representing at that level.

He said the presentation made by the government was a fantastic one which laid out the direction the government wants to go and the transformation of local government.

“Reform is ongoing, there is a lot of legislative work and how it’s going to roll out was laid out. I think it was a fantastic presentation – if we get 20 per cent of what the government spoke about, it would impact positively on improving the quality of life of our burgesses.

"Based on my interpretation of the information presented, I would say local government elections could happen within a year, but that is up to the minister and the government.”

Samuel said he did not believe he would face consequences for attending the meeting despite the Opposition Leader calling for a boycott.

“I believe that the political leader is an open-minded person, I believe she’s a fair person. I don’t know if I will be punished per se, but I’m there to represent my burgesses and I don’t know any better way to do it than by attending the meeting.”

Tunapuna/Piarco Regional Corporation Chairman Kwasi Robinson said all available PNM councillors attended the meeting. He said while Rowley was not present at the meeting, the Ministers of Rural Development and Local Government, Housing and Urban Development, Public Administration, and the Attorney General and Legal Affairs were present.

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/08/09/my-people-come-first-lone-councillor-ignores-unc-boycott-of-local-government-meeting/

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 10th, 2022, 5:46 am

K74T wrote:My people come first – lone councillor ignores UNC boycott of local government meeting

UNC councillor for Kelly Village/Warrenville, Samuel Sankar. Photo courtesy United National Congress

A lone UNC councillor, Samuel Sankar of Kelly Village/Warrenville, attended a meeting of local government representatives hosted by the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development. The meeting was held at the Government Campus Plaza, Richmond Street, Port of Spain on Tuesday.

A letter sent to regional corporation heads on July 28 invited them to the meeting, along with all councillors and all aldermen. The Prime Minister was expected to attend but did not show on the day. Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Monday instructed United National Congress (UNC) councillors and chairmen to boycott the meeting. The meeting laid out the operationalisation of the Local Government Reform Bill.

Speaking to Newsday via telephone, Sankar said he attended the meeting because he represents over 12,000 burgesses who are in need of goods and services from local government.

“It was advertised that part of the forum would have facilitated a question-and-answer session by the Prime Minister and the Rural Development and Local Government Minister.

"I made representation for my burgesses at that meeting, and that was my purpose for going there today, to tell and request the Prime Minister: 'This is my situation, how could you help me? How could you assist my burgesses?'

"That was a direct question for the Local Government Minister, everybody heard it, it was open and that was my sole purpose.”

He said his electoral district had been starved for funding, goods, and services, coming out of local government elections.

“I have five recreational grounds and parks that are overgrown and are not maintained, and I requested those today at the meeting. I need lights in my recreation grounds, I need the grounds to be kept properly, and so my intent was always to facilitate growth and development in access roads, infrastructure development, roads and bridges, drainage. Bejucal Road, Warren Road, Adjodha Road, all are access agriculture roads and they are in a deplorable state."

He said a lot of work needed to be done to alleviate the flooding problems in his electoral district.

“When it floods, I wonder who is coming to help me if I don’t get my representation there. I prefer to treat with mitigation against flooding than to go and look for hampers to distribute.

"I did ask the Local Government Minister those questions and said I need help in my electoral district, roads, infrastructural development, parks and recreation, sanitation, we have challenges throughout the district in terms of services to distribute to our burgesses.”

Samuel said he went to the meeting to speak directly to Dr Rowley and make representation at that level, as he was not in the business of burning tyres and representing at that level.

He said the presentation made by the government was a fantastic one which laid out the direction the government wants to go and the transformation of local government.

“Reform is ongoing, there is a lot of legislative work and how it’s going to roll out was laid out. I think it was a fantastic presentation – if we get 20 per cent of what the government spoke about, it would impact positively on improving the quality of life of our burgesses.

"Based on my interpretation of the information presented, I would say local government elections could happen within a year, but that is up to the minister and the government.”

Samuel said he did not believe he would face consequences for attending the meeting despite the Opposition Leader calling for a boycott.

“I believe that the political leader is an open-minded person, I believe she’s a fair person. I don’t know if I will be punished per se, but I’m there to represent my burgesses and I don’t know any better way to do it than by attending the meeting.”

Tunapuna/Piarco Regional Corporation Chairman Kwasi Robinson said all available PNM councillors attended the meeting. He said while Rowley was not present at the meeting, the Ministers of Rural Development and Local Government, Housing and Urban Development, Public Administration, and the Attorney General and Legal Affairs were present.

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/08/09/my-people-come-first-lone-councillor-ignores-unc-boycott-of-local-government-meeting/

That’s a good representative.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » August 10th, 2022, 10:45 am

matix wrote:
K74T wrote:My people come first – lone councillor ignores UNC boycott of local government meeting

PNM should follow suit

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 10th, 2022, 10:46 am

whether is red\yellow or right\wrong i bet he will be put in d political dog house cause he disobeyed d leader

tribalism on BOTH sides, when d leader say jump u ask how high & not think for urself or they will treat u like dog after ...

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 10th, 2022, 10:53 am

Rovin wrote:whether is red\yellow or right\wrong i bet he will be put in d political dog house cause he disobeyed d leader

tribalism on BOTH sides, when d leader say jump u ask how high & not think for urself or they will treat u like dog after ...

Agree. Man go lorse he wuk for doing he wuk..

mero

Postby mero » August 10th, 2022, 10:57 am

Neemakaram

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 10th, 2022, 11:00 am

which is sad how this thing goes despite being red\yellow

u as a rep whether u won because ppl like u or like d party but when u see, know or cud do something that cud better d ppl who voted for lives : d hierarchy tell u ay hush yuh mouth or relax urself let we do d thinking & decision making & when we tell u what to do u jes do wa we tell yuh & do it how we tell u ... jes puppets of d party's puppet masters

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 11:09 am

Rovin wrote:which is sad how this thing goes despite being red\yellow

u as a rep whether u won because ppl like u or like d party but when u see, know or cud do something that cud better d ppl who voted for lives : d hierarchy tell u ay hush yuh mouth or relax urself let we do d thinking & decision making & when we tell u what to do u jes do wa we tell yuh & do it how we tell u ... jes puppets of d party's puppet masters
Politics has a morality of its own....growing up I was raised in a PNM area , stronghold you may call it, I recently passed through that area just this week and to my expectation nothing has changed, roads are still the same , ppl suffering the same, MP never present for his constituents except for when is election time. I am positive if another 30 years passes it will remain that way. Note well PNM was in power the majority of those 30 years so what is their excuse for not bettering that community because is a stronghold and they will always be red?Sad but the reality is that we the people must demand better from both sides by applying pressure on the government we put into office to do what they are expected and the opposition to keep the government in check or else we spinning top in mud while the politicians enjoy their lavish lifestyles at our expense.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 10th, 2022, 11:18 am

how many times cud politicians fool trinis ?

answer - apparently ALL d time

everybody promising milk & honey for elections but when they win u lucky to even get their attention

not much better in unc strong hold of chaguanas, panday\kamla come\gone & very little improvements in this area for d amt of yrs they in power & how much $$$ pass thru this country ...

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 10th, 2022, 11:26 am

refreshing to see someone put ppl before politics...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 8:07 am

COUNCILOR CLAIMS HE'S RECEIVING THREATS AND HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM HIS PARTY'S WHATSAPP GROUPS.

Threats have reportedly been made against Kelly Village/Warrenville councillor Samuel Sankar.

Sankar did not want to reveal the source of the threats yesterday but said he has made an official police complaint against those who have threatened him. He denied also claims he was planning to cross the floor.

Sankar claimed that since the story broke that he had attended the meeting, he had been facing ridicule by many. He said he was removed from party’s WhatsApp groups and has been faced with vile messages and threats.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/unc-council ... 50a85a4290

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 11th, 2022, 9:00 am

hover11 wrote:COUNCILOR CLAIMS HE'S RECEIVING THREATS AND HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM HIS PARTY'S WHATSAPP GROUPS.

Threats have reportedly been made against Kelly Village/Warrenville councillor Samuel Sankar.

Sankar did not want to reveal the source of the threats yesterday but said he has made an official police complaint against those who have threatened him. He denied also claims he was planning to cross the floor.

Sankar claimed that since the story broke that he had attended the meeting, he had been facing ridicule by many. He said he was removed from party’s WhatsApp groups and has been faced with vile messages and threats.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/unc-council ... 50a85a4290

This seems on-brand for UNC especially ground members.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 11th, 2022, 9:29 am

Sankar for UNC leader. Fyah bun Suchilla.

mero

Postby mero » August 11th, 2022, 2:34 pm

Ways, UNC shitty badddd.

On the flip side, sure he gonna get way more support from the actual constituents he representing

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 11th, 2022, 2:53 pm

UNC is not important at this stage

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 2:59 pm

MaxPower wrote:UNC is not important at this stage
X3000

Let's focus on the burden at hand, the present administration

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » August 11th, 2022, 5:39 pm

matix wrote:

Agreed. He is setting a good example for all the c*nts from each side.

While reading the article, I saying to myself that this man has some balls and commended him, then reality kicked in and realized he will be spat on by the UNC and treated like a dog by his own party. So said so done...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 11th, 2022, 5:48 pm

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/p ... 7Lokush9rA

Praise from Ramdial

Former Member of Parliament for Couva North Ramona Ramdial yesterday praised councillor Samuel Sankar for deciding to remain at Tuesday’s public consultation on the operationalisation of local government reform.

He stayed at the meeting hosted by the Government despite learning from People’s National Movement (PNM) councillors that the Opposition Leader had, the night before, ­instructed UNC councillors to ­boycott the event.

“Well done, Councillor Sankar. Here is the lone UNC Councillor standing up and representing his burgesses by airing his challenges to the minister. The UNC councillors should have stuck to the original plan to attend and give Faris (Al-Rawi) and (PM Dr Keith) Rowley hell,” she said.

Another reason for new UNC leadership’

Ramdial felt Persad-Bissessar’s last-minute decision on Monday night to boycott the meeting on operationalisation of local government was “ill-advised and poorly communicated”, adding it was “another reason for new UNC leadership”.

One commentator on social media said Sankar’s actions showed that he loved his country.

“He can be happy with the PNM although he’s a UNC member,” she stated.

“Well said and well done, councillor Samuel, but now you will be vilified for your stance by attending the meeting. All of a sudden they will say you are a non-performer and extra. This is what you call putting country first,” another noted.

One man said he believed Sankar’s presence at the meeting was a signal that he no longer wished to be associated with the UNC. “I hope Kamla does what is needed,” he said.

Another man said: “He eh too bright. But I hope that meeting brought comfort to the people who were left low and wet for seven years during each flood.”

“This man has to be more stupid than I initially thought. Yes boss, you wait for PNM to help you when there is flood. Seven years they didn’t even acknowledge flood victims in UNC-controlled areas,” a woman opined.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 11th, 2022, 6:14 pm

Rovin wrote:
One man said he believed Sankar’s presence at the meeting was a signal that he no longer wished to be associated with the UNC. “I hope Kamla does what is needed,” he said.

Another man said: “He eh too bright. But I hope that meeting brought comfort to the people who were left low and wet for seven years during each flood.”

“This man has to be more stupid than I initially thought. Yes boss, you wait for PNM to help you when there is flood. Seven years they didn’t even acknowledge flood victims in UNC-controlled areas,” a woman opined.

this is all true

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 11th, 2022, 6:38 pm

Rovin wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/praise-from-ramdial/article_2c7c1c2c-199d-11ed-9db1-176b482c0d47.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1E0VHmGVIWYXNQ0V24ja-gM97IyXcttTOgHVE_E0fbaPw7Z7Lokush9rA

Praise from Ramdial

Former Member of Parliament for Couva North Ramona Ramdial yesterday praised councillor Samuel Sankar for deciding to remain at Tuesday’s public consultation on the operationalisation of local government reform.

He stayed at the meeting hosted by the Government despite learning from People’s National Movement (PNM) councillors that the Opposition Leader had, the night before, ­instructed UNC councillors to ­boycott the event.

“Well done, Councillor Sankar. Here is the lone UNC Councillor standing up and representing his burgesses by airing his challenges to the minister. The UNC councillors should have stuck to the original plan to attend and give Faris (Al-Rawi) and (PM Dr Keith) Rowley hell,” she said.

Another reason for new UNC leadership’

Ramdial felt Persad-Bissessar’s last-minute decision on Monday night to boycott the meeting on operationalisation of local government was “ill-advised and poorly communicated”, adding it was “another reason for new UNC leadership”.

One commentator on social media said Sankar’s actions showed that he loved his country.

“He can be happy with the PNM although he’s a UNC member,” she stated.

“Well said and well done, councillor Samuel, but now you will be vilified for your stance by attending the meeting. All of a sudden they will say you are a non-performer and extra. This is what you call putting country first,” another noted.

Ramdial is not one to talk.Can she answer about what she did in her constituency when she was MP?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 11th, 2022, 6:39 pm

UNC as usual in a mess full of infighting.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 6:40 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:UNC as usual in a mess full of infighting.
Don't think for a sec PNM doesn't have infighting

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”