Postby VexXx Dogg » May 25th, 2018, 10:58 am

look for a glass polish/repair kit.
don't use regular polish

if you can't find it locally get it from amazon

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Wiper blade scrapped windshield glass

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 12th, 2018, 9:57 am

scrape it from the next side so the light waves will cancel out each other and it will look normal

like how when yuh does hook up a speaker wrong wire and it does be cancel cuz the compression does hit the rarefaction and opposites does attract kinda inno similar to the phenomonen of phase cancelation like how they cancel F.R.I.E.N.D.S nah boy

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » June 12th, 2018, 12:27 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:scrape it from the next side so the light waves will cancel out each other and it will look normal

like how when yuh does hook up a speaker wrong wire and it does be cancel cuz the compression does hit the rarefaction and opposites does attract kinda inno similar to the phenomonen of phase cancelation like how they cancel F.R.I.E.N.D.S nah boy

Did you overdose on cocaine today, because you have to be a drug addict to post this nonsense.

OP try Amazon for a glass polish and next time buy good wiper blades.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 12th, 2018, 1:05 pm

i seeing 2 other ched with OP scratching something :roll:

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 12th, 2018, 5:10 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:scrape it from the next side so the light waves will cancel out each other and it will look normal

Did you overdose on cocaine today, because you have to be a drug addict to post this nonsense.

I was trying out my new OEM Crystal meth injection kit that I bought off amazon as well

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » June 12th, 2018, 5:51 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

I was trying out my new OEM Crystal meth injection kit that I bought off amazon as well

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

m@x
Street 2NR

Postby m@x » July 28th, 2018, 1:40 pm

does anyone know who does windshield buffing to remove scuffs an minor scratches?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 28th, 2018, 3:13 pm

m@x wrote:does anyone know who does windshield buffing to remove scuffs an minor scratches?

Get a Dewalt grinder ..

Then ask Ant-Man and the Wasp for assistance .

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 28th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Seriously gents, is there a way?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 28th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Cerium oxide can be used to buff out scuffs and wiper marks. I saw Motorland and The Windscreen Company use it to clean new windscreen s that came with rainbows and marks from the factory.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 28th, 2018, 5:58 pm

a normal finishing pad and mother's polish reduced the appearance of some wiper marks and removed water stains for me

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 28th, 2018, 6:15 pm

You can use Autosol Metal Polish ..

Use a tiny amount on a wet cloth ..

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 28th, 2018, 6:32 pm

You can remove the scratches with a polishing wheel and an abrasive like cerium oxide or 2.5 micron diamond paste.

richardxsingh wrote:Can this be fixed?

nervewrecker wrote:Seriously gents, is there a way?

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 28th, 2018, 7:37 pm

OK, try calling Tech Motive before you try a DIY and end up looking for a new windshield.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 29th, 2018, 7:09 am

nervewrecker wrote:Seriously gents, is there a way?
GP21005 Glass and Windshield Polishing DIY Kit

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » July 29th, 2018, 7:36 am

I am interested to know what brand of wipers you used that scratch your windscreen.....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 29th, 2018, 7:54 am

you can get diamond paste on amazon
submicron sizes too

Soochi boi
Street 2NR

Postby Soochi boi » July 29th, 2018, 9:09 am

As span said cerium oxide but be careful too much heat on it would shatter the glass . Ceriglass from car pro works great more user friendly. Purchased it locally but can get it off amazon

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 30th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Assuming that your question was genuine... It's usually sand blown onto the windshield that causes the scratch.
Seeker wrote:I am interested to know what brand of wipers you used that scratch your windscreen.....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 30th, 2018, 6:16 pm

those tend to be more like pits and unlikely to be easily polished out

adnj wrote:Assuming that your question was genuine... It's usually sand blown onto the windshield that causes the scratch.
Seeker wrote:I am interested to know what brand of wipers you used that scratch your windscreen.....

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » July 30th, 2018, 6:45 pm

If the scratches on the windscreen is bad and its impairing your vision , I suggest changing it.

Scratch removal on glass is difficult. The only way to permanent remove a scratch is to level the surrounding area until the scratch is gone. Depending on the depth of the scratch it can or cannot be removed. Light scratches you can get away with using glass polishes . Deep scratches may not be full removed .

Depending on the make and model of the vehicle I am sure you can get your windscreen replaced for less than $1500.00 .

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 30th, 2018, 6:59 pm

pugboy wrote:those tend to be more like pits and unlikely to be easily polished out

adnj wrote:Assuming that your question was genuine... It's usually sand blown onto the windshield that causes the scratch.
Sand gets trapped between the wiperblade and the glass. The wiper drags the sand across the glass for an arc-shaped scratch.

Use diamond paste for pin head sized pits and thin scratches about the width of a hair. Cerium oxide works better for larger, less acute digs in glass because its less aggressive and less expensive.

I've taken scratches out of auto glass that was at least 50 years old and difficult to replace. If you can get a new one for the right price, it may be worth it for the time that you'll save.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » July 31st, 2018, 3:37 am

Think this could buff out :(

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 31st, 2018, 6:05 am

SMc wrote:Think this could buff out :(

Yeh rally Polish

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » July 31st, 2018, 6:11 am

adnj wrote:
pugboy wrote:those tend to be more like pits and unlikely to be easily polished out

Sand gets trapped between the wiperblade and the glass. The wiper drags the sand across the glass for an arc-shaped scratch.

Use diamond paste for pin head sized pits and thin scratches about the width of a hair. Cerium oxide works better for larger, less acute digs in glass because its less aggressive and less expensive.

I've taken scratches out of auto glass that was at least 50 years old and difficult to replace. If you can get a new one for the right price, it may be worth it for the time that you'll save.

Ok Thanks for the info. Good to know.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » October 21st, 2021, 2:54 pm

not exact topic of title but close enough.

2019 i had a front windshield replaced by Ramas in the bamboo and since then i used to notice the flooring carpet wet and then the flooring rotten out and all this time i thinking its under the wipers that leaking an spend money spraying with the uncoating to seal any holes, thought it was the door rubbers and changed them and it still leaking. turned out to be the top of the windshield was not stuck properly and water running down the door post and accumulating on the floor. where can i go to have a windshield removed and put back and new moldings out on?

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » October 21st, 2021, 3:13 pm

girots glass polish - avaliable on amazon, thank me later

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 21st, 2021, 3:42 pm

daring dragoon wrote:not exact topic of title but close enough.

2019 i had a front windshield replaced by Ramas in the bamboo and since then i used to notice the flooring carpet wet and then the flooring rotten out and all this time i thinking its under the wipers that leaking an spend money spraying with the uncoating to seal any holes, thought it was the door rubbers and changed them and it still leaking. turned out to be the top of the windshield was not stuck properly and water running down the door post and accumulating on the floor. where can i go to have a windshield removed and put back and new moldings out on?

Try them. Heard they doing good work. Not sure about your case, but it won't hurt to ask
http://www.thewindscreencompany.com

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » October 21st, 2021, 4:07 pm

I forget I had that car oui. Current car have another stone chip (nothing like the one above)
in the matrix so covered it with gloss black wrap film to hide it a couple years ago- still going strong.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, wherever you go make sure they using the correct adhesive and know how to apply it, I had a couple cases where the windscreen wasn't water tight because the beading was done like crap.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”