Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Medical intern removed after Facebook racial rant

Postby Zim » January 19th, 2021, 5:51 am

She cud make Rihanna blush yes

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 19th, 2021, 6:31 am

At least the medical board lawyer figured out a hole in their process before it reached quite the courts and they look in a mess for missing something simple

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 19th, 2021, 6:39 am

I think it's less he figured it out and more the letter from Martin George on behalf of the doctor pointed out the flaws.
Kenjo wrote:At least the medical board lawyer figured out a hole in their process before it reached quite the courts and they look in a mess for missing something simple

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 19th, 2021, 6:41 am

the man is a good doctor, treats all his patients the with the same respect no matter which race. they dont want to depose him. that is reducing the amount of good services in the country.

his words were not directed at any one in his care, and didnt threaten to kill anyone.

it is in no way similar to the mad oman doctor. if u want to say double standards, then make the mad oman doctor a doctor and put she to serve the ministers.

but for fudge sake, dont remove a good doctor that many people have confidence in with a good track record, from the medical system. a medical system that is so much the best in the commonwealth that the ministers who administer it, routinely fly out to get treatment.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 20th, 2021, 12:33 pm

^ This and the OBVIOUS FACT that everybody seems to ignore.The man has a PRIVATE Practice and a PRIVATE clinic. If you find he is racist, just don't go to his clinic.End of story.

We have government ministers that make racist remarks all the time.And they are in PUBLIC office.
I not seeing anybody trying to cancel them.
Racism is a double standard in this country.One can only be racist toward a certain race, never the other way around.
Nothing going to change that anytime soon

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » January 21st, 2021, 7:23 am

timelapse wrote:^ This and the OBVIOUS FACT that everybody seems to ignore.The man has a PRIVATE Practice and a PRIVATE clinic. If you find he is racist, just don't go to his clinic.End of story.

Having a private practice does not disqualify him from abiding by the ethical guidelines by which he obtained his license from a heavily regulated "elite" profession of which your license to practice hinges on your actions.

Applying common sense to this issue is not practical.
Similarly to if a lawyer commits gross misconduct in his "private practice" the Law association has the ability to disbar him from practicing law period.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 21st, 2021, 7:59 am

^ leave them alone. they feel its all well for a clearly racial individual to continue to practice in such a delicate field

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » January 21st, 2021, 8:15 am

To practise medicine in Trinidad requires one to be part of the Medical Board of T and T and there are guidelines to be followed.
Most professionals have these boards to subscribe to and be guided by the principles outlined by them.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 21st, 2021, 8:34 am

elec2020 wrote:^ leave them alone. they feel its all well for a clearly racial individual to continue to practice in such a delicate field

one episode out of a long unblemished medical track record. he had quite a successful practice, many people of all backgrounds had no issues with his care, that was public knowledge. the words does not match the actions.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 21st, 2021, 10:56 am

boxy wrote:
timelapse wrote:^ This and the OBVIOUS FACT that everybody seems to ignore.The man has a PRIVATE Practice and a PRIVATE clinic. If you find he is racist, just don't go to his clinic.End of story.

Having a private practice does not disqualify him from abiding by the ethical guidelines by which he obtained his license from a heavily regulated "elite" profession of which your license to practice hinges on your actions.

Applying common sense to this issue is not practical.
Similarly to if a lawyer commits gross misconduct in his "private practice" the Law association has the ability to disbar him from practicing law period.

Lets apply some logic shall we?
Sawh was revealed to be a racist on a PRIVATE telephone call, not a statement he made on a PUBLIC platform.But anyways he is a racist and the punishment for that must be to end his career whether he works in the PUBLIC system or PRIVATE.That is completely irrelevant.We couldn't just boycott his clinic...

Lets talk about another 'elite' profession that you mentioned.
Fitzgerald Hinds is a lawyer, is he not? Why is he still a lawyer and not dismissed from the law association?He has been proven to be racist by his statements in PUBLIC platforms or does he not qualify as a racist because of his ethnicity?

We have calypsonians, soca singers and soca parang singers with racist songs on the PUBLIC airwaves. Have we ruined their careers as yet?Or do they not qualify because of their ethnicity?
Chinee Parang is not a racist song, could never be...

We must all be held accountable for our PRIVATE conversations. . Many government in ministries , service commision, TTPS and other public utilities should soon be fired for racist hiring practices.Or maybe not, racism does not apply to all races.

I agree with you, Applying common sense to this issue is not practical.

Can you also point me to the document that doctor's sign that agrees to the 'ethical guidelines' that you refer to?I am actually serious here.I am curious to know what that document contains.
Last edited by timelapse on January 21st, 2021, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 21st, 2021, 11:00 am

sMASH wrote:
elec2020 wrote:^ leave them alone. they feel its all well for a clearly racial individual to continue to practice in such a delicate field

one episode out of a long unblemished medical track record. he had quite a successful practice, many people of all backgrounds had no issues with his care, that was public knowledge. the words does not match the actions.

one episode that we know about. you don't just become a full blown racist (imo u are a full blown racist when u use derogatory terms like the n word loosely like its second nature) overnight. also where is your evidence that he served people of all backgrounds with no prejudice? where is it? you mention all kind of things with not an iota of evidence. just your gut feeling

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 21st, 2021, 11:20 am

u aint kno nutten. in the countryside u would swear most every body u meet racist by how they talk. but frick, every body does still move like one. but they does still make the fella Indo Trini jokes.

allyuh trying to push this politically correct giberish as the ultimate guide to life. real people dont do like that.
for mrs intern, i had no problem with she being a doctor even with the racial preferences. once she gives good care, birds of a feather will flock. she problem is she mad and threaten to kill.

sawh case he fly off the cuff with people targeting him, not any patients. and he never threaten to kill no one. there is no history of unfair treatment. no complaints, that is in public space.

and i say, the man is a good doctor by action, let him provide care to whom wants to use his services.

and if to get that u have to make dhelia a doctor, then so be it. let the work privately, but not in the public health facilities.

and if u think i sticking up for injun, no. i went by sawh once, but he price too high. my normal doctor is a nigerian living here. a full blood authentic original african. man figure out i had dengue in a one with out having all of the symptoms. wasted no time and money in getting it sorted. results and cost effective. best doctor for me.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 21st, 2021, 11:47 am

sMASH wrote:u aint kno nutten. in the countryside u would swear most every body u meet racist by how they talk. but frick, every body does still move like one. but they does still make the fella Indo Trini jokes.

allyuh trying to push this politically correct giberish as the ultimate guide to life. real people dont do like that.
for mrs intern, i had no problem with she being a doctor even with the racial preferences. once she gives good care, birds of a feather will flock. she problem is she mad and threaten to kill.

sawh case he fly off the cuff with people targeting him, not any patients. and he never threaten to kill no one. there is no history of unfair treatment. no complaints, that is in public space.

and i say, the man is a good doctor by action, let him provide care to whom wants to use his services.

and if to get that u have to make dhelia a doctor, then so be it. let the work privately, but not in the public health facilities.

and if u think i sticking up for injun, no. i went by sawh once, but he price too high. my normal doctor is a nigerian living here. a full blood authentic original african. man figure out i had dengue in a one with out having all of the symptoms. wasted no time and money in getting it sorted. results and cost effective. best doctor for me.

Stop twisting the narrative, i do not care about its countryside antics. RACISM IN ALL FORMS IS DISGRACEFUL! this is 2021. 2021!!! how in God's green earth can u defend someone who openly dropping n-bombs like is nothing. in a profession that dictates that you must have the highest levels of professionalism. u have no shame

These actions can be potentially construed as infamous and disgraceful conduct on the part of a doctor as defined in the Medical Board Act

https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/med ... 5a19b.html

This quote was taken directly from the Medical Board's response following Sawh's comments. So they state specifically that he violated some clause in the Medical Board Act, but according to you all should be forgiven cause its "countryside antics" and "he never threaten to kill no one. there is no history of unfair treatment. no complaints, that is in public space." No wonder tnt can't move forward. because of backward thinking like this

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 21st, 2021, 12:20 pm

Elec 2020, do you also agree that i Fitzgerald Hinds should also lose his license to practice law?
I asking on behalf of my fellow alligators from the murky lagoon

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 21st, 2021, 12:36 pm

timelapse wrote:Elec 2020, do you also agree that i Fitzgerald Hinds should also lose his license to practice law?

he never dropped n bombs or c bombs so he ISNT racist.

and quite frankly me eh bothered about his personal tendencies. once he perform and dont waste tax money, that is all me and he hadda deal with.

i not saying sawh good to go, i jess saying, bussin sum cuss on a dotish employee with they dotish 3cxc family inline with what is normal for trinidad. that is not enough to say the man is a racist and will make him disown his oath.
it was uncouth and uncultured, but inline with our culture from prime minister to pauper.
its just how we roll, my afro oriented person.

give him the proverbial slap on the wrist and let him serve his patients. elec dont need to be one, he can support his sister, dhelia in her service. support ur own.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 21st, 2021, 12:41 pm

sMASH wrote:my normal doctor is a nigerian living here. a full blood authentic original african. man figure out i had dengue in a one with out having all of the symptoms. wasted no time and money in getting it sorted. results and cost effective. best doctor for me.

this falls into the 'i have a black friend' category, so, cant be used. damn :x

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 21st, 2021, 12:52 pm

sMASH wrote:
sMASH wrote:my normal doctor is a nigerian living here. a full blood authentic original african. man figure out i had dengue in a one with out having all of the symptoms. wasted no time and money in getting it sorted. results and cost effective. best doctor for me.

this falls into the 'i have a black friend' category, so, cant be used. damn :x

Once you are a racist, you can't help seeing everybody as racist SMASH.Dem city boys don't know how country folks does live good with each other.
Worse yet if is the Wakanda forever/BLM generation.

mero

Postby mero » January 21st, 2021, 12:59 pm

sMASH wrote:
timelapse wrote:Elec 2020, do you also agree that i Fitzgerald Hinds should also lose his license to practice law?

he never dropped n bombs or c bombs so he ISNT racist.

and quite frankly me eh bothered about his personal tendencies. once he perform and dont waste tax money, that is all me and he hadda deal with.

i not saying sawh good to go, i jess saying, bussin sum cuss on a dotish employee with they dotish 3cxc family inline with what is normal for trinidad. that is not enough to say the man is a racist and will make him disown his oath.
it was uncouth and uncultured, but inline with our culture from prime minister to pauper.
its just how we roll, my afro oriented person.
give him the proverbial slap on the wrist and let him serve his patients. elec dont need to be one, he can support his sister, dhelia in her service. support ur own.

you doh fed up talk up in yuh dotish ass on a whole public forum for everybody to see?

u even remember the recording and what was said?

Dr. Sawh not racist cuz das how "dey does do it in country" and is "its just how we roll" but you know the employee and dey family dotish with 3cxcs.

keep on fighting the fight zoom jr, doing a terrible job at it but i know you taking this ponytail internship serious.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 21st, 2021, 1:22 pm

why do you guys always need to try to shift the goal posts. is the topic of this thread "Medical intern removed after Facebook racial rant" (and as such we can point out double standards by asking why sawh has not been removed yet) or "Fitzgerald Hinds should also lose his license to practice law?" if fitzgerald hinds' statements were deemed racist then he should have been probed and had his license revoked. Fullstop. The topic as about sawh right now not friging fitzgerald hinds. stop shifting the goal posts to make a point. sawh drop n-bombs left right and center. and he still has his licence. when the medical intern did similar. immediately fellas was jumping on her to get fired. but for sawh he's a respectable member of the community. and oh um well fitzgerald hinds still practicing after his comments so sawh should still be able to practice too. miss me with that bs, backward thinking. please

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 21st, 2021, 3:10 pm

You sir are missing the point. Sawh dropped N bombs in a PRIVATE conversation.He damn well racist yes, but that is not the point.His statements were not made in a PUBLIC platform or intended for it.That is the fundamental point that you are missing.

There are many racist people in Trinidad, but it isn't an issue because they are not PUBLICLY expressing their views on the topic.
If the man had nudes leaked from his phone , should he be fired because some people would find it offensive? Likewise, the Prime Minister's recent faux pas with his personal social media account and the OPM account?
People are entitled to their opinions, sadly racism and racial preference is also a choice. It has always been so, and always will be so.
The medical intern had her rant on social media on a PUBLIC setting with the intention to offend an entire race of people,hence the reason for calls to have her fired.Further to that, she was an intern in the PUBLIC health care system,which means that she is working for the STATE.Sawh is working for himself and his conversation was not intended for the PUBLIC forum. I don't know about the respectable member of the community part.I don't know the guy.

Miss you with the backward thinking because it doesn't line up with your opinions you mean?
There is blatant double standard.Especially where it concerns public figures, namely the crass members of the PNM.
Blatant racism-Hinds and Calcutta ship and those things.
Blatant homophobia-I remember them referring to MP Padarath as 'Princess'
Blatant Class discrimination -Imbert and his comments about was it Pumkin and Bhaji I believe it was?

Miss me with your double standards and cancel culture.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 21st, 2021, 6:19 pm

again u jumping between different issues and missing the main crux of my argument. The medical board themselves said that "These actions can be potentially construed as infamous and disgraceful conduct on the part of a doctor as defined in the Medical Board Act". it does not matter that this was a private convo. doctors are held to a higher level of standard everywhere in this world due to the nature of their jobs. a racist doctor should not be allowed to practice medicine. FULLSTOP. i do not care about hinds, about rowley about whoever u bring up (start a forum if u want to discuss these topics). the topic here is about RACISM IN THE HEALTH CARE SECTOR. FULLSTOP!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 21st, 2021, 6:42 pm

if u gonna go politically correct, dont stop with sawh. set up ur numbers to report all incidents in public service. get those racists out! the country is at risk with any racists in any position to deal with people.

u getting jam in customs prolly is a racist charge u, u didnt get discretion by the officer, he prolly racist. ur councillor not taking ur on, u didnt look the part.

go down the line and get this spirit out of tnt!

see how far u will reach.

i say, put back sawh, and put back dhelia. plenty people backing she of fb. and it is a waste of all that medical training.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » January 22nd, 2021, 7:53 am

^ here we go again. stick to the topic in this forum. stop shifting the goal posts to make a point. the main topic here is racism in the health services industry. what the hell customs have to do with what we speaking about. urgh. stick to the point.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 22nd, 2021, 9:46 am

i okay with it.
lets move on.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 22nd, 2021, 3:29 am

2 charges of 'infamous and disgraceful conduct' for doctor in race-talk probe

Dr Avinash Sawh with his attorney Martin George.

DR AVINASH Sawh faces two charges of “infamous and disgraceful” conduct.

Sawh, who was accused of making racist statements in phone calls with a former employee, has also been told the Medical Board has set up a tribunal.

The board hopes the tribunal can hold its first meeting on July 2.

The board’s attorney Rajiv Persad told the San Fernando-based doctor of the board’s latest decision on the allegations against him on Friday.

It is alleged that Sawh’s conduct in the recording of the telephone call “may have amounted to infamous and disgraceful conduct under Section 24 of the Medical Board Act,” and that after issues were raised by outsiders, he “posted on social media certain tweets that are attributed to your name and which are capable of amounting to infamous and disgraceful conduct you being a member of the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.”

Sawh’s attorney Martin George said on Monday he will be meeting with his client to discuss the latest development.

In March, the board wrote to George saying it had decided to start its own probe into Sawh, after agreeing there was a procedural flaw in the receipt of the original complaint against him.

Persad, in his letter, said the council’s decision to set up the tribunal became necessary because Sawh, as was his right, was challenging and disputing a number of matters raised in the complaints.

“It is felt that in the circumstances the setting up of a tribunal is sensible in that it will allow you and or your representative to put before the tribunal any and all concerns that you may have, relative to the allegations that are being made against you.”

Persad said at the tribunal, Sawh or his representative will be allowed to challenge material, give evidence and make whatever representations he thinks necessary to assist the tribunal in its deliberations.

Accompanying the letter was a bundle of material which included e-mails, letters, newspaper clippings and other material that the board received on the issue.

Sawh came under heavy public scrutiny after he was heard making racist and derogatory comments to one of his employees in a phone call last November.

In the recording, when the employee threatened to have the police intervene, Sawh referred to policemen as “dunce n---ers” and to Afro-Trinidadians as “monkeys.”

Sawh later apologised to the woman and anyone else offended by his comments.

His attorneys have since maintained that Sawh was being asked to respond to “hypothetical and speculative” material because it appeared the council did not know if the person in the voice recording was in fact their client, or if the recorded conversation was genuine.

The charge

Nature of Charge – Infamous or Disgraceful Conduct – Section 24(5)(i)

Particulars of Charge: – It is alleged that you Dr Avinash Sawh while being a member of the Medical Board participated in a conversation which was recorded and put into the public domain in which you made comments that are capable of amounting to infamous and disgraceful conduct you being a member of the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.

Nature of Charge – Infamous or Disgraceful Conduct - Section 24(5)(i) Particulars of Charge: - It is alleged that you Dr Avinash Sawh while being a member of the Medical Board posted on social media certain tweets that are attributed to your name and which are capable of amounting to infamous and disgraceful conduct you being a member of the Medical Board of TT.

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/06/21/2-charges-of-infamous-and-disgraceful-conduct-for-doctor-in-race-talk-probe/

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 22nd, 2021, 7:42 am

sounding like he just going to get a fine. If so, this is yet another case that shows that trinidad and tobago is a failed state

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 22nd, 2021, 7:57 am

Infamous and Disgraceful Conduct??
lol!!!!

mero

Postby mero » June 22nd, 2021, 9:54 am

I enjoy reading back through threads like this.

Constantly reminds me of the character of my fellow 2nrs I may forget sometimes

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 22nd, 2021, 10:46 am

2 imps. One with the mask below his nose and the other with a face shield and no mask. Well, yes.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”