Forums

More people begging...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

More people begging...

Postby hydroep » September 9th, 2018, 8:40 am

Anyone else notice this? Within the last few months there has been an increase in the number of destitute people frequenting commercial and residential areas looking for handouts. Many of them don't look like vagrants, just normal people who have been down on their luck.

Another observation is that they're not demanding money like the sprangers and dem, just asking for some food, clothes etc.

How much of that is genuine vs smart men/women "trying a thing" we'll never know (I myself filter out those who always appear to have a well prepared sob story) but if this continues unabated the country could soon have a crisis on its hand...:|

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Re: More people begging...

Postby Soul Collector » September 9th, 2018, 8:59 am

As you mentioned it, there's really been a lot of people asking for handouts lately but like you, I filter some out once I'm able to help.

So many fellas does come with the story that they have a wuk somewhere but have no transport money. The same guy at a gas station try that twice on me lol.

I always preferred to buy food or groceries instead of passing cash. But there are some decently dressed people seemingly just trying a hustle and I can see why. Their small money at the end of the week/month (if they have a source of income at all) just can't cut it to mind a family.

Even wealthy families, upper middle class and below all bawling the same way, so imagine...

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 9th, 2018, 11:23 am

Going have plenty more soon..

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » September 9th, 2018, 11:31 am

Noticed this too, former co-worker of mine messaged on Facebook a few days ago begging for money to buy new clothes, shoes and transport money for his kids for school.

Honestly, wasn't sure if it was genuine or not. I trusted the guy though as he seemed like a good guy when he worked for us.

I lent him $800 and the a few days after he posted pics of his kids on Facebook and thanked his friends and family for helping him with the funds.

I guess it was real, not sure how much ppl he begged. The fact that he reached out to me, a guy he hasn't spoken to in over a year means he asked a lot and could have easily been one of those begging on the streets.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 9th, 2018, 12:11 pm

There are real Hustlers out there, but things getting harder and harder for some, so I don't try to overthink and figure who is who. I just give once I could afford it. One about two weeks ago begging for milk and bread for his children. I not taking the chance ,it might be real and children will go hungry. I just went by the chinee on the corner and buy some groceries . If he lying let him answer.

hassanvoyeau
Street 2NR

Postby hassanvoyeau » September 9th, 2018, 12:49 pm

I don't filter. I just give.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 9th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Odd how someone will start a thread like this.

You guys know the women who always selling bands to collect money to build a church? Well surprise, its not one woman! It's more than one dressed the same way collecting funds.

Last night some friends and I chillin in Toppers south park drink a pitcher or two minding our bizness and singing along to the music from steel. Boom shot I see her appear in the yard taxing someone. So while bringing up my alco levels I start to observe the movements. But then I notice like the alco having an effect on me where I will see her come from one side, go back and appear from the next side of the yard. Said to myself almost time to hit a hoe house cuz this thing registering good. But then I notice her coming from both sides of the yard tailing pple for tax and is really two of them. They almost meet up, saw each other, separate and continue to tax. Have it on video.

Also have her calling someone to pick her up after she dont tax the gullible.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 9th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Could a carry her in the Subaru to the hotel.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 9th, 2018, 1:16 pm

rspann wrote:Could a carry her in the Subaru to the hotel.
Kinky bands kinky bands

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 9th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Great is the pnm?

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » September 9th, 2018, 1:45 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Great is the pnm?

we like it so :lol:

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 9th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Geez, I remember those ladies with the bands. At one point I used to get brace by them a lot but guess they switch up locations ever so often.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 9th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Plenty more fellas on the chemical and getting more savvy. They will be full blown pipers in a few months time.
This is aside from those who hit hard times

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 9th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Dem petrotrin men go be selling bands just now.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 9th, 2018, 6:32 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Dem petrotrin men go be selling bands just now.

:lol:

You'd be surprised at who some of those homeless people are. Some once had families, properties, businesses etc. Gambling and drugs are some devastating things.

There's a guy who used to bathe in a ravine that passed near our house when I was younger so obviously his nickname was "ravine-man". The above applies to him. He is such a soft spoken well mannered person. Doesn't bother anyone for anything but if he spots me or my mom his face lights up like a little kid.

He stopped on the road near Curepe junction once, filling an empty coke bottle with water collected on the ground near the roadway and was drinking.

People at the establishment he was in front of had the nerve to tell me that "oh we eating we doh wa see that nastiness " and proceed to run the man quite literally, like a dog.

I just watch them people a kinda way...and check the guy, said I'll get him a water, he asked for a soft drink. Bought that and a box of Chinese food for him. People watching me even worse than the ravine-man after.

Steueps. I rather hang out with the ravine-man than some of these filthy human beings that feel they so civilized yes.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » September 9th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Steups. Was outside the local Chinese grocery, this old fella come up to the car window, come to ask for some help mumbling about his daughter have her period (assuming he wanted some money to buy her pads). Tell him check the people in the grocery. He start to mumble about how the Chinese does be too stingy etc. I might be young but I sure as hell wasn't born yesterday.

A while ago, Some random young guy in town riding a bike hit me a next story about how his girlfriend and child living in the abandoned CSO building. Hit him a next blank. That story just wasn't making no sense.

Finally a time in curepe this guy asking for donations for some medical purpose. The police "letter" have a few logos pasted on the top, police and nlcb and so on. Not saying it don't have people out there that help, but I am very unlikely to trust you if you come up to me on the street and hit me some BS story

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 9th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Soldyah lemme get ah $5 nah

*dilated puppy eyes

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » September 9th, 2018, 6:54 pm

I hate the fact that some people send their kids as a "begging tool." That's just horrible.

I stop giving cash, you need a box of food or a small bag of groceries, no scene.

If you big strong and able bodied, hard luck....

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 9th, 2018, 7:31 pm

black start wrote:I hate the fact that some people send their kids as a "begging tool." That's just horrible.

I stop giving cash, you need a box of food or a small bag of groceries, no scene.

Booiiiii I get take with that

Carry my baby cuz dem for food and while waiting in the food outlet this girl about 8-9 holding a big basket with preserve mango anchar etc walked up and asked if want anyting..saw her looking tired as tho walking whole day with basket still loaded. I decided to buy almost half and tell her keep the change..as she walked off told my cuz who is around same age watch how some kids have it(cause she spoil) while they watch the girl in a sad way as she walked out the outlet uncle in car break the corner she put basket in back seat and give uncle ah bounce

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 9th, 2018, 8:27 pm

now i eh gullible nor stingy but feeling sorry for ppl ah get ketch a few times & i start to blank everybody , so sad to say but peter hadda pay for paul dishonestly ...

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 9th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Begging is big business. People begging and getting stuff and next few days you seeing them selling it on facebook

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » September 9th, 2018, 8:52 pm

gastly369 wrote:Soldyah lemme get ah $5 nah

*dilated puppy eyes

They being real specific too , lemme get a box ah noodles and chicken nah , lemme get a pack of ole nah , and most of these guys able bodied and does just hang out at places begging. Also seeing an increase in zombie looking people , people who were somewhat normal but looks like they smoking crack for days straight till they fry all dey brain cells.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 9th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Have a man in POS who I assume is blind he is always walking around saying "who go help me with the dollar"

Have a next man sometimes does be by T mall grocery in Caroni there, asking me the other day for money to buy food, but if only you could smell that rum on he eh. I offered to buy him a snack in the grocery but he refused he wanted money and money alone.

Have a youth man also in Barataria he asking me for money, I offer to buy him a cheese pie, he say nah give me the $7 cash instead so I refused, youth man threaten me yes. So I stop bothering now, too much scammers out there. Begging is big business in truth, them fellas eh want to work they want to beg.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on September 9th, 2018, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 9th, 2018, 9:13 pm

kM_89 wrote:
gastly369 wrote:Soldyah lemme get ah $5 nah

*dilated puppy eyes

They being real specific too , lemme get a box ah noodles and chicken nah , lemme get a pack of ole nah , and most of these guys able bodied and does just hang out at places begging. Also seeing an increase in zombie looking people , people who were somewhat normal but looks like they smoking crack for days straight till they fry all dey brain cells.
Coulda hail meh out?
Yea I always look like I homeless and on crack. Someone actually offer me money a time, thought I was begging.
Last edited by nervewrecker on September 9th, 2018, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 9th, 2018, 9:15 pm

gastly369 wrote:
black start wrote:I hate the fact that some people send their kids as a "begging tool." That's just horrible.

Booiiiii I get take with that

Carry my baby cuz dem for food and while waiting in the food outlet this girl about 8-9 holding a big basket with preserve mango anchar etc walked up and asked if want anyting..saw her looking tired as tho walking whole day with basket still loaded. I decided to buy almost half and tell her keep the change..as she walked off told my cuz who is around same age watch how some kids have it(cause she spoil) while they watch the girl in a sad way as she walked out the outlet uncle in car break the corner she put basket in back seat and give uncle ah bounce
Have some smallies does play themselves out here under the pretence of selling food or fruits side the road.
A certain supervisor telling me a time to go up to one and tell she I wah give she my whole salary fuh a flex. Man eh know who he daring.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » September 9th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Back in the day(pre october 1st, 2018) you coulda just tell them you working petrotrin and get ah flex if the head sorf enough....

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 9th, 2018, 9:22 pm

black start wrote:Back in the day(pre october 1st, 2018) you coulda just tell them you working petrotrin and get ah flex if the head sorf enough....
I going steel with meh cepep coveralls and coast out yo

Kalisnakov
3NE2NR is my LIFE

More people begging...

Postby Kalisnakov » September 9th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Have a woman does pass in Aranguez wit a girl(daughter) maybe 11/12 yrs old,well dressed with a paper n pen. She house burn down bout 10 years now,1st time she came in my shop she work for bout $300/350 one shot,customers felt sorry.....so every 2/3 weeks she does pass,she came bout 2 weeks ago same shot,I ask her if she building a mansion....she laugh n shake she head n gone wit da 1

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » September 9th, 2018, 9:37 pm

dread a time an old woman with leg problems come in marios in city gate and ask me to give she $20 to buy KFC

I feel sorry for she and say nah, you go get a big slice (cuz maybe she really hungry, I know how it is to be hungry).

Lady ask me if I could put some extra money to get a soft drink like wdmc. You done getting a meal, ent it have at least one drink fountain in city gate self? Or a stand pipe?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 9th, 2018, 9:40 pm

^ she must be wanted premium bottled water. Even though I does drink regular pipe water and I still alive.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”