TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

where are good places to shop for bulk or wholesale items?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dogg
Riding on 17's

where are good places to shop for bulk or wholesale items?

Postby dogg » October 5th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Household items, not for resale.

Many places offer wholesale prices but when you check its only minimally below retail, sometimes its not even less

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: where are good places to shop for bulk or wholesale items?

Postby MG Man » October 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm

you could try IAM in Macoya

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » October 6th, 2018, 12:51 am

MG Man wrote:you could try IAM in Macoya
X2 or Fair and Square

white e90
Ricer

Postby white e90 » October 6th, 2018, 7:57 am

PriceSmart!

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » October 8th, 2018, 12:44 pm

check ADM in arima if you looking for food stuffs. they have some decent prices. Price Smart items i find are over priced. People automatically assume because its in bulk it cheaper but not in all cases. if you looking for detergent/ toilet paper the best price would be those roadside vendors

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 10th, 2018, 11:52 am

The toilet paper from roadside vendors may appear cheaper but the rolls are smaller than at Pricesmart. So Pricesmart wins there.
Also the detergents and cleaners are very watered down, so I don't think that its value for money.

I agree that unless you buy A LOT at Pricesmart, it doesn't really save you much when you take the membership fee into consideration. I still shop at Pricesmart, but I'm looking for alternatives.

what about Jeelal(sp) in El socorro?

cueball1990 wrote:check ADM in arima if you looking for food stuffs. they have some decent prices. Price Smart items i find are over priced. People automatically assume because its in bulk it cheaper but not in all cases. if you looking for detergent/ toilet paper the best price would be those roadside vendors

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » January 3rd, 2019, 4:11 am

it have a place in freeport just after so low supermarket on the LHS. wholesale food stuff like aloo and onion etc and grocery items, i think it name radika or somthing, prices good. geelal is only a few items. ADM good too. Pricesmart is not saving on all items. all you doing is bulk buying but some items is more expensive than the grocery itself when you check the per unit price. Anand just after mosquito creek prices good to for most items wholesale or retail, central better for vegetable prices example i pass tru a backroad in chase village get sweet potato for $2.50 ah lb, same sweet potato selling in a grocery in aranguez for $9 ah lb. cucumber is $1 ah lb in central, $2.50 in grande and $6 in aranguez. fish best price in san fernando area,

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 3rd, 2019, 5:41 am

annands, food basket, and pricemart... as long as u know ur prices. cause some things vary from one to the other. heard about price club by medford side. never been.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » January 7th, 2019, 1:47 pm

good info!

In my never ending search for bulk/wholesale deals I found Big Deals Shoppers Club in El Socorro.

In terms of grocery items, the prices were not much different than at supermarkets and there was a very limited choice of products. There were a few cheap items, but they tended to be unknown brands, so I didn't buy any of it.

The fresh produce/meat area made me sad. The fruits and vegetables were old and wilted and the very limited choices of meat looked like they've had better days. They also sold electronic items, but I'm not sure how good the prices were, since im not up to scratch with that.

There's a membership card that allows for additional discounts, but TBH i really didn't see anything that would compel me to return, card or no card.

But it seems to be a new store, so maybe I'll check it out again in a few months.

I've noticed that Massy and TruValu occasionally have excellent bulk deals which is a good sign. My Pricesmart card expired months ago and I haven't had the need to renew it yet. I'm not sure I shop enough there in the past to warrant the renewal fee.

Ayy new leads?
screwbash wrote:it have a place in freeport just after so low supermarket on the LHS. wholesale food stuff like aloo and onion etc and grocery items, i think it name radika or somthing, prices good. geelal is only a few items. ADM good too. Pricesmart is not saving on all items. all you doing is bulk buying but some items is more expensive than the grocery itself when you check the per unit price. Anand just after mosquito creek prices good to for most items wholesale or retail, central better for vegetable prices example i pass tru a backroad in chase village get sweet potato for $2.50 ah lb, same sweet potato selling in a grocery in aranguez for $9 ah lb. cucumber is $1 ah lb in central, $2.50 in grande and $6 in aranguez. fish best price in san fernando area,

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”