TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS
Posts: 2808
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Ben_spanna » October 13th, 2020, 1:50 pm

thank god we have the pitch lake right here ent???, then again, talk is Chinese in control, and are selling it back to the govt here and sombuddy pocket getting full

:roll:

User avatar
MG Man
2NRholic
Posts: 23464
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 1:31 pm
Location: between cinco leg

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby MG Man » October 13th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:thank god we have the pitch lake right here ent???, then again, talk is Chinese in control, and are selling it back to the govt here and sombuddy pocket getting full

:roll:


asphalt isn't even the underlying problem
It's the manner in which we construct and repair roads

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 16847
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby pugboy » October 13th, 2020, 2:29 pm

i hear pitch lake asphalt is not used for our roads

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3718
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby aaron17 » October 13th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Saw it on tv...looks like when a man bathe in it ..it will get fixed fast.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 27791
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 13th, 2020, 8:22 pm

MG Man wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:thank god we have the pitch lake right here ent???, then again, talk is Chinese in control, and are selling it back to the govt here and sombuddy pocket getting full

:roll:


asphalt isn't even the underlying problem
It's the manner in which we construct and repair roads


Kinda like how they now build a new part of the crh and the blasted road have more waves than manzan

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 27791
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 14th, 2020, 5:10 am

As we on potholes, golden grove road
Attachments
IMG-20201013-WA0158.jpg
IMG-20201013-WA0159.jpg
IMG-20201013-WA0161.jpg

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 16847
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby pugboy » October 14th, 2020, 5:58 am

total erosion under bridge

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7677
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby maj. tom » October 14th, 2020, 9:41 am

looks like the pipe was leaking a while and eating away the foundation. Landslip.
WASA mc!

User avatar
jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1714
Joined: November 14th, 2007, 10:17 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby jhonnieblue » October 14th, 2020, 9:43 am

Wasa need to start paying for that crap. Up by me have real potholes because of continued leaking mains from WASA.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12878
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Dizzy28 » November 23rd, 2020, 10:32 pm

Anybody know if they ever intend to pave the left lane of the CRH that they milled maybe three to four weeks now between Pasea and UWI?

Or is it that it is just part of the grand plan to ensure we have 3rd world roads everywhere!

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5065
Joined: June 28th, 2006, 6:17 pm
Location: On the Fairgreen
Contact:

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 23rd, 2020, 10:44 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Anybody know if they ever intend to pave the left lane of the CRH that they milled maybe three to four weeks now between Pasea and UWI?

Or is it that it is just part of the grand plan to ensure we have 3rd world roads everywhere!

They have to leave the foam bitumen stabilised layer to cure for a certain period. They will then test the "strength" of this layer to see if it has reached the required "strength" before installing the wearing course layer.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12878
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Dizzy28 » November 24th, 2020, 12:48 am

They lucky it's relatively slow because of work from home and no school. 4+ weeks with the highway like that in regular times would have caused a sheit load of traffic further east.
Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Anybody know if they ever intend to pave the left lane of the CRH that they milled maybe three to four weeks now between Pasea and UWI?

Or is it that it is just part of the grand plan to ensure we have 3rd world roads everywhere!

They have to leave the foam bitumen stabilised layer to cure for a certain period. They will then test the "strength" of this layer to see if it has reached the required "strength" before installing the wearing course layer.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7289
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby RedVEVO » November 24th, 2020, 7:38 am

Dizzy28 wrote:They lucky it's relatively slow because of work from home and no school. 4+ weeks with the highway like that in regular times would have caused a sheit load of traffic further east.
Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Anybody know if they ever intend to pave the left lane of the CRH that they milled maybe three to four weeks now between Pasea and UWI?

Or is it that it is just part of the grand plan to ensure we have 3rd world roads everywhere!

They have to leave the foam bitumen stabilised layer to cure for a certain period. They will then test the "strength" of this layer to see if it has reached the required "strength" before installing the wearing course layer.


The penetration grade :D

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 2629
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 11:24 am

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby toyolink » November 24th, 2020, 10:49 am

Oil Sand is the goto material on many roads in central now-a-days especially since its up to private citizens to make efforts to deal with craters.

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3718
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby aaron17 » September 12th, 2021, 3:20 pm

Does anybody know if tnt have a pothole app? I see waze has it put i guess it not popular to point out potholes on the road? I sure ppl would say it eh make sense cause this whole country is a pothole.
The only way if i have to drive on a new road is to drive on it on a sunny day and whenever i have to use that road.. i would have to memerize the potholes. U gotta save money bro. Anytime u go in ah pothole...i does hear cha ching.

sam1978
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1110
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby sam1978 » September 12th, 2021, 5:50 pm

Aaron17 it’s better they make an app to show good roads. It will be less work.

Wraith King
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1471
Joined: May 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Wraith King » September 14th, 2021, 10:42 am

"Potholes like flooding and crime is desirable and necessary" - Habit7's academic source probably.

User avatar
Rovin
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6176
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 1:14 pm
Location: Heart of Chaguanas ...

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Rovin » September 14th, 2021, 10:56 am

gr8 is d pothole & it shall prevail ...

sam1978
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1110
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby sam1978 » September 14th, 2021, 11:16 am

maj. tom wrote:looks like the pipe was leaking a while and eating away the foundation. Landslip.
WASA mc!


WTF we still have pipes running under the road ? A service corridor would remove pipes and wires and solve a lot of problems. We still in the dark ages?

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3718
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby aaron17 » September 14th, 2021, 11:29 am


User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24566
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby zoom rader » September 14th, 2021, 11:32 am

Why complain about pot holes, you all wanted the red government

Trinidad take bull

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3718
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby aaron17 » September 14th, 2021, 11:35 am

Memorizing potholes is key...at least for lessening the blow...but it still gonna take toll on ur suspension.

User avatar
ruffneck_12
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6838
Joined: May 4th, 2008, 3:29 pm
Location: I doh live no wey
Contact:

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby ruffneck_12 » September 14th, 2021, 1:52 pm

There are some minor holes developing Eastbound from Aranguez to Nestle.

All we need to do is full that with some material NOW before it expands.

I am pleading, please fill those holes someone. It will take like $500 in material max
Vs having to pave a whole section and have shitty transistions for 500million

User avatar
timelapse
punchin NOS
Posts: 3552
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby timelapse » September 14th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Rovin wrote:gr8 is d pothole & it shall prevail ...
Was thinking of painting 'Great is the PNM' by every pot hole.Anybody good with stencils?

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 27791
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 16th, 2021, 5:51 am

2019: CAF approved a 200milli usd loan for roads
2021: 175 milli usd loan for roads...

Yet still our roads are the WORST!!!

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24566
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby zoom rader » September 16th, 2021, 8:57 am

timelapse wrote:
Rovin wrote:gr8 is d pothole & it shall prevail ...
Was thinking of painting 'Great is the PNM' by every pot hole.Anybody good with stencils?
You should

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24566
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby zoom rader » September 16th, 2021, 8:58 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:2019: CAF approved a 200milli usd loan for roads
2021: 175 milli usd loan for roads...

Yet still our roads are the WORST!!!
But the Red government contractors are nice.

Ask eliteauto-tuntun his family is a road contractor

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12878
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Dizzy28 » September 16th, 2021, 9:11 am

It has to be that WASA has taken an official position that they are not repairing any holes they dig.
In my area at least none on the holes dug to repair lines have been fixed by WASA after repairs were complete. They merely throw back in the excavated material and then leave everything up to providence thereafter.

Wraith King
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1471
Joined: May 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Wraith King » September 16th, 2021, 9:24 am

:evil:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:2019: CAF approved a 200milli usd loan for roads
2021: 175 milli usd loan for roads...

Yet still our roads are the WORST!!!


"Potholes are desirable and necessary" - Habit7's academic source probably.

User avatar
Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1432
Joined: April 14th, 2019, 11:35 am

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 16th, 2021, 10:52 am

These potholes and their locations were designed in such a way, with safety of citizens in mind.

It keeps you awake since you constantly have to watch to see which hole got bigger or any new holes.
(If you fall asleep for a second, you will immediately be awakened)
Also helps keep drivers within the speed limit.
In case of bandit, they may be deterred after seeing the condition of their 'escape route' , or will help the police to catch them since they can't drive too fast without leaving back a trial of car parts.

A minor inconvenience for some, but the rewards are well worth it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Phone Surgeon, pugboy and 180 guests