Forums

Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DMan7
punchin NOS

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby DMan7 » July 27th, 2022, 10:09 pm

The thing with Ministries is that budget allocations and actual released funds to the individual ministries are 2 completely different things. An allocation isn't a guarantee that the full amount will be actually released to the Ministry for the fiscal period where the budget stated.

This is an ongoing thing in the government for years, The Ministry of Finance has to release the funds to the individual Ministries, an allocation means nothing.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 28th, 2022, 7:32 am

Its good that pothole fixing coming under scrutiny

for too long it is purely a bobol racket item to be used as big money passing for govt to contractors and vice versa
when a large part could be fulfilled by proper small repair teams.

road paving racket makes ful racket look like child's play

instead we only have road works done at the extremes, big money paving and corporation idiot fixing by throwing some big grain gravel in the holes.

there are isolated cases of good small patching but it is far and few.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 28th, 2022, 11:40 am

what does make me wonder is d PM, dem ministers , their families , d party financiers , 1% & all those who benefiting from teefin out d treasury : ent alla dem have vehicles that they drive too , ent dem self does drive their milllion $ rides on same setta bad roads as anybody else who has cars too or their rides does have hover craft mode to float above d road surface

even with d bestest riding vehicles costing multi millions u still gonna feel it if u hit a pothole, bumps, waviness , depressions etc on d roads ... u cant tell me they dont feel it or they does only drive on smooth roads by their homes , they must have a reason to come out & drive all over

we know allyuh politicians & scamps teefin out d treasury but at least let allyuh conscience bother allyuh & teef a lil bit less & give we some decent roads so we cud drive with we lil shitbox cars too nuh ...

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 28th, 2022, 11:43 am

My route i have to map out wheren dem holes are...if i go down in one ..my tire will surely buss..and i eh have no money for that right now.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 28th, 2022, 11:58 am

over d past 10+yrs i eh studying style with 17s & low profile tires

is 15s with 60\65 series 205\215 tires , rides comfortable & u eh have to slow down for every lil defect on d road ...

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 28th, 2022, 12:13 pm

yea now I thinkin of gettin an suv.. is crossover better for the money?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 28th, 2022, 12:14 pm

Rovin wrote:what does make me wonder is d PM, dem ministers , their families , d party financiers , 1% & all those who benefiting from teefin out d treasury : ent alla dem have vehicles that they drive too , ent dem self does drive their milllion $ rides on same setta bad roads as anybody else who has cars too or their rides does have hover craft mode to float above d road surface

even with d bestest riding vehicles costing multi millions u still gonna feel it if u hit a pothole, bumps, waviness , depressions etc on d roads ... u cant tell me they dont feel it or they does only drive on smooth roads by their homes , they must have a reason to come out & drive all over

we know allyuh politicians & scamps teefin out d treasury but at least let allyuh conscience bother allyuh & teef a lil bit less & give we some decent roads so we cud drive with we lil shitbox cars too nuh ...

Majority of the time it's ministry vehicles dem moving with, so dem eh business.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 28th, 2022, 12:14 pm

conscience is not something that exists in an old tief

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 28th, 2022, 12:33 pm

I saw a govt vehicle ( new black tuscon) with d sticker on it ...and the rear left body panel taken out and all u seeing is bare machine like underbody structure.. looks weird.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 28th, 2022, 2:08 pm

Rovin wrote:what does make me wonder is d PM, dem ministers , their families , d party financiers , 1% & all those who benefiting from teefin out d treasury : ent alla dem have vehicles that they drive too , ent dem self does drive their milllion $ rides on same setta bad roads as anybody else who has cars too or their rides does have hover craft mode to float above d road surface

You forget ministers have their tax free vehicles which they park up while they are driven all over the place. Then when the time comes sell it for more to their friends. The gains outweigh the losses here for financiers yeah I hadda change shocks and suspension checks more but doesn't matter once the contracts keep coming in

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 30th, 2022, 12:46 pm

WASA dug up my road two houses down from where I live on Thursday gone
Mandatory just filled it back with the excavated dirt.

Now that rain falling its mud galore and the ditch becoming ditchier.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 30th, 2022, 2:11 pm

look like all dem 200 managers they gonna fire jes collecting pay & wasnt managing 1fork

i say good, get rid of all d dead-weight & hopefully d company will start to save some $$$ & actually do their jobs ...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 30th, 2022, 2:17 pm

It still have 213 more managers and 5000 workers....2000 of which are not part of the organizational chart. Strange how they started from the top this rounds but let's see what happens when they reach the lower level employees

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 5th, 2022, 7:25 am

No money to fix potholes or pave roads but 8 million to throw behind independence celebrations.More vital tax $$ being used on low priority activities. Typical red government move.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 5th, 2022, 7:53 am

hover11 wrote:It still have 213 more managers and 5000 workers....2000 of which are not part of the organizational chart. Strange how they started from the top this rounds but let's see what happens when they reach the lower level employees
The ones on top protect the ones underneath

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 7th, 2022, 10:05 am

https://www.facebook.com/578621119/post ... e2Swhiqql/

When a contractor does a sheity job at paving only to come back and be paid more than what he was initially paid to do the job...whatever scam going on between wasa and contractors one thing for sure they working the system

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 7th, 2022, 10:21 am

hover11 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/578621119/posts/pfbid02vHXeEhzBCFpzRFyZ1PCK9gAbUxmmbfEEkCfoy4Cx3bNY1d4oGWeAaeHGe2Swhiqql/

When a contractor does a sheity job at paving only to come back and be paid more than what he was initially paid to do the job...whatever scam going on between wasa and contractors one thing for sure they working the system
Yes, this is what's going on many years now. That's the main reason why the roads are in such a state. The road restoration is separate and apart from leak repair, so corruption is rampant. The quicker the organisation is optimised, the better for everyone.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 8th, 2022, 3:23 pm

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 8th, 2022, 3:45 pm

Boosting our National Pride!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 8th, 2022, 3:50 pm

Same national pride I feel when I drive past President's House

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 8th, 2022, 10:03 pm

Remind me where this is again? It looks very familiar

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 8th, 2022, 10:10 pm

timelapse wrote:

After New Grant, heading to Tableland. That’s the old caroni building, I think the Citrus department

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 9th, 2022, 8:08 am

matix wrote:
timelapse wrote:

After New Grant, heading to Tableland. That’s the old caroni building, I think the Citrus department
Oh yeah.I know it looked familiar.Thanks

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 9th, 2022, 8:23 am

I hear the road by medford gas station chaguanas rel bad. i think that is by ian alleyne place?

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 9th, 2022, 8:40 am

aaron17 wrote:I hear the road by medford gas station chaguanas rel bad. i think that is by ian alleyne place?

Went in chaguanas the other day I was shocked how bad that road get. It like a rural country road

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 9th, 2022, 8:42 am

aaron17 wrote:I hear the road by medford gas station chaguanas rel bad. i think that is by ian alleyne place?
That road hasn't been paved or patched in years, while it may be a main road to Chaguanas constituents it is of low priority and concern to the administration to act upon such.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 9th, 2022, 8:53 am

At bare minimum the road a regional corporation on should be in ok condition. The Tunapuna Piarco RC's road has up to four massive potholes and ditches (courtesy of WASA over the years). If they don't fix their own road they not going to bother with outlying roads in their jurisdiction.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » August 9th, 2022, 9:05 am

j.o.e wrote:

Went in chaguanas the other day I was shocked how bad that road get. It like a rural country road

Market Street close to NIB office also terrible.

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » August 9th, 2022, 9:31 am

I have to vent about the roads in Maraval and St. Clair. They are ridiculous! Explain to me why the government can order that they put up new humps every few meters yet they cant fix the big a-s holes right next to them?? Everyday I have to be swerving left and right to avoid losing my engine in some of those craters. Steups!

People like to act like Maraval and St.Clair are prestigious yet the roads are no different than some village down behind God's back. Steups! At some points you have no other choice but to accept that your car is going to get no mercy because the pot holes are on both sides of the street. I am fedup!

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 9th, 2022, 1:58 pm

Trinidad roads be like:
:x

especially in rain
Attachments
poy.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”