sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Breaking News: Venezuela 2019 new President Juan Guaido to be sworn in

Postby sMASH » January 28th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Melchizedek
Street 2NR

Postby Melchizedek » January 28th, 2019, 5:18 pm

In March 2017, Shell signed an agreement with NGC and PDVSA to build a 17km pipeline from the Dragon Gas Field to the Hibiscus platform.
http://www.looptt.com/content/tt-and-ve ... c-gas-deal

US hits 'corrupt' Venezuela oil firm PDVSA with sanctions
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47036491

What does this mean for tnt now

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 28th, 2019, 5:55 pm

Melchizedek wrote:
In March 2017, Shell signed an agreement with NGC and PDVSA to build a 17km pipeline from the Dragon Gas Field to the Hibiscus platform.

My guess is that PDVSA can still deal with T&T direct but with their funding cut off, they can't fund any projects including Dragon. Worse yet, Shell which is a 3rd partner might suspend or pull out of the deal since the political and now economic risks are too high.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 28th, 2019, 6:02 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
Melchizedek wrote:

My guess is that PDVSA can still deal with T&T direct but with their funding cut off, they can't fund any projects including Dragon. Worse yet, Shell which is a 3rd partner might suspend or pull out of the deal since the political and now economic risks are too high.

Guy Smiley says that international firms are involved (Shell, PDVSA,NGC) so he isn't at all worried :roll:

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » January 28th, 2019, 6:03 pm

T&T has found itself in a most uncomfortable position with heavy weights pushing on both sides.
The question which is asked now is what are we willing to risk by 'supporting' the Maduro administration?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 28th, 2019, 6:04 pm

CARICOM delegation meets with UN Secretary General

The United Nations will assist in establishing the roadmap towards peace and security for Venezuela and the region, if the conditions for such can be met.

The decision follows a meeting between a delegation of CARICOM and the United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday at the UN’s Headquarters in New York.

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley journeyed to the UN as a member of a CARICOM delegation led by Dr Timothy Harris, CARICOM Chairman and Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis.

The delegation also included Mia Mottley, Prime Minister of Barbados; Irwin LaRocque, CARICOM’s Secretary-General and, Pennelope Beckles, Ambassador for Trinidad and Tobago to the United Nations.

Prime Minister Rowley expressed hope that in the not too distant future there will be significant improvement and a diminishing of tensions in Trinidad and Tobago’s neighbouring territory.

Dr Rowley added, “We believe in the coming days there will be work towards dialogue so that the internal difficulties in Venezuela can be approached without intervention and interference from those who may have a different approach.”

This meeting with the UN Secretary General followed a CARICOM Heads of Government emergency meeting on Thursday where it was decided that the regional body should engage the global organisation.

On Monday, the CARICOM delegation also met with the Ambassador for Canada to the United Nations Marc-Andre Blanchard. The delegation is expected to participate in other meetings today.

http://www.looptt.com/content/caricom-delegation-meets-un-secretary-general

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 28th, 2019, 7:01 pm

So... remember the fella who warned us about signing the gas deal with maduro, and growlery basically say he talking chit and how kamla working with him to sabotage dragon? Well check him out now:

‘We expect that Trinidad and Tobago comply with the release of Venezuelans after admitting the real number of migrants’

The deputy to the Venezuelan National Assembly, Carlos Valero, member of the Foreign Affairs Commission, spoke about the recent statements made by the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Keith Rowley, about the crisis in Venezuela.

"The Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago has finally admitted the real number of Venezuelans on the Caribbean island. Around forty thousand compatriots currently reside in this country and more than 150 of them are detained because of immigration problems. These Venezuelans have been ignored by the Nicolás Maduro regime and have been mistreated by the authorities in Trinidad and Tobago.” expressed Valero, insisting that these Venezuelans must be released.

Given the statement made by Rowley not wanting to interfere on who runs Venezuela after the appointment as Acting President of the deputy Juan Guaidó, the parliamentarian stressed that before the flagrant violation of the Constitution by the usurping regime of Maduro it is inappropriate to speak of non-interference.

"In Venezuela there is a National Assembly committed, according to Article 233, to filling constitutional gaps and that is what the board of directors of our parliament, presided by the deputy Juan Guaidó, has been doing. Mr. Guaidó has been recognized by more than 50 countries as the Acting President of Venezuela." he said.

On the other hand, Valero noted as positive that the government of Trinidad and Tobago is now evaluating to regularize the situation of Venezuelans in that country, however, given the unfortunate conduct of extreme complicity that the Prime Minister Rowley has maintained with Maduro, it will be difficult to believe in his word until he does not materializes his words.

"We see with good eyes that for the very first time the PM proposes to regularize the migratory situation of Venezuelans on the island. We hope that he makes a similar statement regarding the gas supply agreement signed between Venezuela and Trinidad, which was not approved by Parliament" he added.

WELL... :shock:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 28th, 2019, 8:43 pm

^^^ they need to start addressing Rowlee as the PNM prime minister and not the Prime minister of T&T.

He's a jack arse and s total embrassment

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 28th, 2019, 9:15 pm

I take umbrage at that last remark. Rowley know what he's doing. Let trump and them play they want to tell him what to do, he will deal with them real dread.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 28th, 2019, 9:27 pm

rspann wrote:I take umbrage at that last remark. Rowley know what he's doing. Let trump and them play they want to tell him what to do, he will deal with them real dread.

Galleons Passage waiting for them by the bocas... yankees have no chance.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » January 28th, 2019, 10:15 pm

Charging weapons...shields at maximum...load the photon torpedoes...stand by warp drive

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » January 28th, 2019, 10:24 pm

US had Obama and we have Rowley.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 28th, 2019, 10:51 pm

matr1x wrote:US had Obama and we have Rowley.
Rowlee is a €unt but will still steal elections as trinis are more stupid than ever before.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » January 28th, 2019, 11:10 pm

And now I hearing they want to target unpatriotic voices. Especially social media.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 29th, 2019, 6:30 am

Concern over 200,000 Trinis holding US visas
Anna Ramdass

There are more than 200,000 Trinidad and Tobago citizens who hold United States visas and can be impacted by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley’s “not-so-veiled attack” on the United States over its stance on Venezuela.

So said Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, at the United National Congress (UNC) national assembly meeting at Couva South Hall yesterday.

United States Ambassador Joseph Mondello had slammed the Trinidad and Tobago Government for continuing to recognise Nicolas Maduro as president of the troubled country.

Rowley, in response, said he took umbrage to this.

“In the Parliament on Friday, while the Prime Minister waged his own war on the US ambassador and President Trump on the Venezuela matter, both the AG Faris and the Planning Minister Robinson-Regis could be heard and seen supporting the Prime Minister by saying ‘what could Trump do we?’” she said.

“I take umbrage at the Prime Minister’s lack of decorum and his non-diplomatic tone in dealing with this matter in Parliament. In particular, I take issue with his not-so-veiled attack on one of our most important trading partners, the United States of America.”

Persad-Bissessar said these hasty, bad decisions of the Government on the diplomatic front have far-reaching consequences in the area of national security and trade.

“Today I tell Rowley, Faris and Camille that while you and your family hold diplomatic passports and you are provided with immunity, over 200,000 of our citizens hold ordinary passports with US tourist visas. So, you want to know what Trump could do to them?” she said.

“I tell this Government while you wine and dine off taxpayers’ dollars in fancy restaurants, 70 per cent of all our food is imported from the US at an annual cost of over US$1 billion (TT$7 billion). So, you want to know what Trump could do?” she continued.

She said T&T exports more than US$2.7 billion (TT$18.9 billion) annually to the US in the energy sector.

Persad-Bissessar said Trinidad and Tobago is the biggest beneficiary of the Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) and receives trade preferences which grant duty and quota free access to the US to the tune of US$400 million (TT$2.8 billion) annually.

She said participation in CBI requires among other things a waiver of certain WTO (World Trade Organisation) conditions.

Persad-Bissessar said T&T’s current waiver will expire in 2021.

She added that the US president and congress have to approve renewing the agreement.

“And you want to know what Trump could do?” she asked repeatedly.

She further noted Trinidad and Tobago benefits from the CBI with more than US$400 million (TT$32 billion) annually, together with technical advice and cooperation on border control, Customs and Excise and mutual assistance which are heavy features of T&T’s national security apparatus.

Pavement politics

“Rowley, Camille, Faris and others still want to know what Trump could do? Before standing in the wrong side of history and diplomacy and creating bacchanal and scandal with the US and our allies, they should have thought about all of these things before handling the affairs of our nation like pavement politics,” she said.
Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper

Persad-Bissessar said a leader doesn’t attack and alienate its largest ally—whom T&T depend on for regional security and economic stability.

“A leader doesn’t tell the entire free world--they wrong, but he is right!” she continued as a section of Venezuelans in the audience cheered in support.

Persad-Bissessar noted the Prime Minister said he is standing on principle on the Venezuelan matter.

“I want to say to him one must first have principles in order to stand on them. You cannot be bouffing, humiliating and ostracising our world trade partners and then run off to the US to appear as though you are trying to make peace.

“But that is how they do things...they are an upside-down, back-to-front Government,” she said.

She noted that while the superpowers, the largest democracies in the world and the economic giants have taken a firm stand on the Venezuela matter, the Government is playing “dolly house” with foreign policy.

“I am in no way influenced by the US or other free world nations on the position that I have taken; I believe in doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do and we cannot all be wrong.

“Our world has changed; we are no longer isolated from each other by water; we are connected in real time by technology and globalization.

“It is either we move with the times and realise our geopolitical environment has changed from the 70s, 80s and 90s. We cannot be like dinosaurs extinct but still hoping to be relevant.”

Persad-Bissessar said today’s diplomacy, as Ambassador Mondello has stated, requires tough choices “and if anything, as your prime minister, I was known for taking those tough choices”.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/local/concern-over-trinis-holding-us-visas/article_89bc3aaa-22ef-11e9-84c6-bf8ec6239019.html

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 29th, 2019, 6:34 am

Maduro open to mediation talks in T&T
Sampson Nanton

Venezue­lan Pres­i­dent Nico­las Maduro says he has spo­ken to CARI­COM lead­ers and has told them that he is open to me­di­a­tion talks in "Trinidad and To­ba­go or wher­ev­er", with the Venezue­lan op­po­si­tion.

His re­mark came in a speech to mem­bers of the Venezue­lan diplo­mat­ic corps in Cara­cas Mon­day.

"As I said to the Caribbean Prime Min­is­ters to­day. They were in New York. They met with the UN Sec­re­tary Gen­er­al An­to­nio Gut­teres. I spoke with all of them at length dur­ing the af­ter­noon. I spoke with Evo Morales (Pres­i­dent of Bo­livia). We are al­so es­tab­lish­ing con­tact with gov­ern­ments who of­fered to me­di­ate di­a­logue and I told them I am ready once again in Venezuela or in Trinidad and To­ba­go or wher­ev­er to be­gin a round of con­ver­sa­tions, di­a­logue, ne­go­ti­a­tions, with all of the Venezue­lan op­po­si­tion when and where they want them."

Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley is cur­ren­ty in New York with the prime min­is­ters of Bar­ba­dos, Mia Mot­t­ley and St Kitts and Nevis, Dr Tim­o­thy Har­ris, for talks with the Unit­ed Na­tions on their po­si­tion to­wards Venezuela.

The CARI­COM po­si­tion is one of non-in­ter­ven­tion and non-in­ter­fer­ence. The lead­ers al­so called for me­di­a­tion in an emer­gency meet­ing last Thurs­day.

Dr Row­ley ex­pressed con­fi­dence of a di­min­ish­ing of ten­sions with­in Venezuela, af­ter Mon­day's meet­ing at the UN Head­quar­ters in New York.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/maduro-open-to-mediation-talks-in-tt-6.2.767786.c58087eec0

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 29th, 2019, 9:37 am

Its not even a concern, the US would not peanalize Visa holders due to this situation. shes just trying to make people panic for no reason....

hydroep wrote:
Concern over 200,000 Trinis holding US visas
Anna Ramdass

There are more than 200,000 Trinidad and Tobago citizens who hold United States visas and can be impacted by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley’s “not-so-veiled attack” on the United States over its stance on Venezuela.

So said Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, at the United National Congress (UNC) national assembly meeting at Couva South Hall yesterday.

United States Ambassador Joseph Mondello had slammed the Trinidad and Tobago Government for continuing to recognise Nicolas Maduro as president of the troubled country.

Rowley, in response, said he took umbrage to this.

“In the Parliament on Friday, while the Prime Minister waged his own war on the US ambassador and President Trump on the Venezuela matter, both the AG Faris and the Planning Minister Robinson-Regis could be heard and seen supporting the Prime Minister by saying ‘what could Trump do we?’” she said.

“I take umbrage at the Prime Minister’s lack of decorum and his non-diplomatic tone in dealing with this matter in Parliament. In particular, I take issue with his not-so-veiled attack on one of our most important trading partners, the United States of America.”

Persad-Bissessar said these hasty, bad decisions of the Government on the diplomatic front have far-reaching consequences in the area of national security and trade.

“Today I tell Rowley, Faris and Camille that while you and your family hold diplomatic passports and you are provided with immunity, over 200,000 of our citizens hold ordinary passports with US tourist visas. So, you want to know what Trump could do to them?” she said.

“I tell this Government while you wine and dine off taxpayers’ dollars in fancy restaurants, 70 per cent of all our food is imported from the US at an annual cost of over US$1 billion (TT$7 billion). So, you want to know what Trump could do?” she continued.

She said T&T exports more than US$2.7 billion (TT$18.9 billion) annually to the US in the energy sector.

Persad-Bissessar said Trinidad and Tobago is the biggest beneficiary of the Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) and receives trade preferences which grant duty and quota free access to the US to the tune of US$400 million (TT$2.8 billion) annually.

She said participation in CBI requires among other things a waiver of certain WTO (World Trade Organisation) conditions.

Persad-Bissessar said T&T’s current waiver will expire in 2021.

She added that the US president and congress have to approve renewing the agreement.

“And you want to know what Trump could do?” she asked repeatedly.

She further noted Trinidad and Tobago benefits from the CBI with more than US$400 million (TT$32 billion) annually, together with technical advice and cooperation on border control, Customs and Excise and mutual assistance which are heavy features of T&T’s national security apparatus.

Pavement politics

“Rowley, Camille, Faris and others still want to know what Trump could do? Before standing in the wrong side of history and diplomacy and creating bacchanal and scandal with the US and our allies, they should have thought about all of these things before handling the affairs of our nation like pavement politics,” she said.
Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper

Persad-Bissessar said a leader doesn’t attack and alienate its largest ally—whom T&T depend on for regional security and economic stability.

“A leader doesn’t tell the entire free world--they wrong, but he is right!” she continued as a section of Venezuelans in the audience cheered in support.

Persad-Bissessar noted the Prime Minister said he is standing on principle on the Venezuelan matter.

“I want to say to him one must first have principles in order to stand on them. You cannot be bouffing, humiliating and ostracising our world trade partners and then run off to the US to appear as though you are trying to make peace.

“But that is how they do things...they are an upside-down, back-to-front Government,” she said.

She noted that while the superpowers, the largest democracies in the world and the economic giants have taken a firm stand on the Venezuela matter, the Government is playing “dolly house” with foreign policy.

“I am in no way influenced by the US or other free world nations on the position that I have taken; I believe in doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do and we cannot all be wrong.

“Our world has changed; we are no longer isolated from each other by water; we are connected in real time by technology and globalization.

“It is either we move with the times and realise our geopolitical environment has changed from the 70s, 80s and 90s. We cannot be like dinosaurs extinct but still hoping to be relevant.”

Persad-Bissessar said today’s diplomacy, as Ambassador Mondello has stated, requires tough choices “and if anything, as your prime minister, I was known for taking those tough choices”.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/local/concern-over-trinis-holding-us-visas/article_89bc3aaa-22ef-11e9-84c6-bf8ec6239019.html

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » January 29th, 2019, 9:59 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Its not even a concern, the US would not peanalize Visa holders due to this situation. shes just trying to make people panic for no reason....

That is wishful thinking. Just because we personally did nothing wrong, does not mean we will not get shaft.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 29th, 2019, 10:35 am

Young says TT to boost border security
Minister of National Security Stuart Young.

NATIONAL Security Minister Stuart Young yesterday held talks about strengthening this country's border security. A statement issued by the ministry said Young met with the heads of law enforcement, border security officials and intelligence agencies at the ministry at Temple Court in Port of Spain.

Those present included representatives of the Police Service, TT Defence Force, Strategic Services Agency, Immigration Division, Customs and Excise Division and the Prison Service. Discussions reportedly focused on efforts to ensure optimum performance on current border security mechanisms; pursuit of best practice benchmarks through the use of modern technology and increasing border intelligence and information sharing.

The ministry said it will continue to provide the neccessary support to national security agencies to ensure "sustained protection" of the country's borders. The statement made no reference to the crisis in Venezuela.

Checks on international media did not find any reports of any new movements of Venezuelans fleeing that country. Last November, Young said there is no refugee crisis in TT as a result of Venezuelans entering the country illegally.

He confirmed there are some 214 illegal entry points between Trinidad and Tobago, and said government will spend $6 million to get 14 of the interceptor boats back into service to be strategically placed along the coast to improve surveillance and stop the influx.

Young reiterated Government's efforts to strengthen TT's border security at last Thursday's post-Cabinet news conference.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/01/29/young-says-tt-to-boost-border-security/

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 29th, 2019, 10:56 am

Holding mediation talks between Guaido and Maduro in Trinidad offers a good chance for us to be involved in this matter in a positive way.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » January 29th, 2019, 11:12 am

hydroep wrote:
Young says TT to boost border security
Minister of National Security Stuart Young.

NATIONAL Security Minister Stuart Young yesterday held talks about strengthening this country's border security. A statement issued by the ministry said Young met with the heads of law enforcement, border security officials and intelligence agencies at the ministry at Temple Court in Port of Spain.

Those present included representatives of the Police Service, TT Defence Force, Strategic Services Agency, Immigration Division, Customs and Excise Division and the Prison Service. Discussions reportedly focused on efforts to ensure optimum performance on current border security mechanisms; pursuit of best practice benchmarks through the use of modern technology and increasing border intelligence and information sharing.

The ministry said it will continue to provide the neccessary support to national security agencies to ensure "sustained protection" of the country's borders. The statement made no reference to the crisis in Venezuela.

Checks on international media did not find any reports of any new movements of Venezuelans fleeing that country. Last November, Young said there is no refugee crisis in TT as a result of Venezuelans entering the country illegally.

He confirmed there are some 214 illegal entry points between Trinidad and Tobago, and said government will spend $6 million to get 14 of the interceptor boats back into service to be strategically placed along the coast to improve surveillance and stop the influx.

Young reiterated Government's efforts to strengthen TT's border security at last Thursday's post-Cabinet news conference.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/01/29/young-says-tt-to-boost-border-security/

They know this and now deciding to act on it. All governments have this knowledge and they do nothing! The whole south coast is a f*#king drug highway for years. And police getting their cut normal normal so bold as to parking up in front the pusherman house and chit chatting with them.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » January 29th, 2019, 11:14 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Holding mediation talks between Guaido and Maduro in Trinidad offers a good chance for us to be involved in this matter in a positive way.

Take out mad-uro and win the us favor and become the 51st state? :agrue:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 29th, 2019, 11:22 am

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia expects Venezuela to make its next scheduled debt repayment to Moscow on schedule at the end of March, the Russian Ministry of Finance said on Tuesday, hours after one of its top officials said he expected Caracas to struggle with repayments.

Russia’s deputy finance minister said earlier on Tuesday that he expected Venezuela to have problems repaying its debts to Moscow in comments made after Washington imposed sanctions on Venezuela’s state oil firm. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-vene ... SKCN1PN1DM

When it rains it pours!!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 29th, 2019, 11:32 am

Holding mediation talks will serve to label us as colluders with Maduro in the eyes of America and their allies.
But fleck dat, it's the right thing to do.

Russia and China HAS to get their monies back, and I suspect, they were hoping to be defaulted, on order to take control of local resources.

This fight has a lot of chess playing to go still

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 29th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Russia and China are making the sanctions on PDVSA their problem to ensure the US understands the ramifications of the PDVSA sanctions.

The US is WAY out of line here.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 29th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Redman wrote:Russia and China are making the sanctions on PDVSA their problem to ensure the US understands the ramifications of the PDVSA sanctions.

The US is WAY out of line here.

PDVSA asking for upfront payments for shipments of US bound crude oil.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 29th, 2019, 1:18 pm

from rt... they meddling again...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 29th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Who meddling?
Attachments
IMG-20190129-WA0001.jpg

Kinday
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Kinday » January 29th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Photo of Trump adviser's notes raises questions about U.S. military plans in Venezuela

White House national security adviser John Bolton raised questions about the United States' intentions in Venezuela after he appeared at a briefing on Monday with a notepad containing the words "5,000 troops to Colombia," which neighbours Venezuela.

It was not immediately clear what Bolton's notes meant and whether President Donald Trump's administration was seriously considering sending U.S. troops to Colombia. It was also not clear if disclosure of the notes was intentional, and there was no indication that such a military option would be used any time soon.Image

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4997072
Last edited by Kinday on January 29th, 2019, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » January 29th, 2019, 2:01 pm

sMASH wrote:Image
from rt... they meddling again...

Are those 67.8% and 31.7% figures accurate?

Where did that twitter user get those figures from? He cited no source.

Were the elections free and fair? Which external party is able to confirm that?

His own people believe the elections were rigged. This explains the millions of Venezuelans protesting in Caracas.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”