TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Starbucks opens new branch... (is wah... SEVENTEEN Branches now?)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Starbucks opens Couva (and NINTH branch..Oh word?!)

Postby Dizzy28 » June 7th, 2022, 9:00 am

hover11 wrote:Amazing how we don't have forex for citizens yet there is forex for Starbucks which isn't a necessity, this is a real Banana republic no joke inno

Massy, Starbucks, Unicomer, Pricesmart, all the roro and new car dealers not using Forex for themselves. They purchasing consumer goods/food/cars that the Trinidadian population buys.

Forex may not be directly available to you but the majority of it goes to the citizens of this country.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 7th, 2022, 9:08 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:Amazing how we don't have forex for citizens yet there is forex for Starbucks which isn't a necessity, this is a real Banana republic no joke inno

Massy, Starbucks, Unicomer, Pricesmart, all the roro and new car dealers not using Forex for themselves. They purchasing consumer goods/food/cars that the Trinidadian population buys.

Forex may not be directly available to you but the majority of it goes to the citizens of this country.
I prefer to have my forex in my hand as it should be if I walk in a bank I supposed to be able get what ever amount i need once I have the TTD equivalent. Went to the bank last week to request 8000 US couldn't get it imagine I have a US account lol. Anyway trinis beating up on coffee while the real issues dwell in the background

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 7th, 2022, 9:13 am

^ You didn't earn any forex how could you prefer yours in hand? (Neither did the majority of the companies I listed above to be fair)

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 7th, 2022, 9:14 am

MaxPower wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:What's the big deal with SB?

Jealousy basically.

They toting how Starbucks is the center of attraction in the airport and they should have put a inconsistent Trini doubles stand there instead or something about “culture” and “heritage”. Trinis don’t even care about their own country and with an embarrassing crime rate and littering position, they should be the last to bash others.

Are they concerned with the dual citizenship holders/locals/tourists that don’t want local coffee or don’t have a SB in their country?

What about the neverseecomesee Trini that does not have his visa to enjoy the foreign experience?

What about those who just DON’T care about the political rant?

I saw SB at the airport open at 3am, but Ali’s Candy Shop and the Pharmacy CLOSED, Newspaper stand, CLOSED, Rituals upstairs, CLOSED. Tell me about the food court, where can one get a bake/shark or crab/dumpling? Or hor. Everytime you go there, most of the places are closed and the food is terrible. We don’t have flights running 24/7? Someone correct me na because i probably blind.

Trinis bawling Forex but even before the shortage they couldn’t deliver. But sure, blame the AATT/Govt for not taking bidders seriously as if they didn’t have a valid reason to do so.

Trinis need to take a lil back seat, rest and reflect and let those capable and interested take front for now.

Foreign establishments, and the MANY we have nationwide isn’t the best thing out, but it’s generally better than what locals have to offer, both for product and service.

I will say again, Trinis just don’t like to see others, even their OWN countrymen doing better than them, but after the rant, the quick to be all up in these same establishments.

Where are we really going as a people?

When will we DO better to make it better?

Come on T&T.
Agree with you, but question.Why haven't the management of Rituals organized for 24/7 staff?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 7th, 2022, 9:18 am

Dizzy28 wrote:^ You didn't earn any forex how could you prefer yours in hand? (Neither did the majority of the companies I listed above to be fair)
Exactly nobody here are forex generators unless you in the oil and gas industry

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 7th, 2022, 9:29 am

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:^ You didn't earn any forex how could you prefer yours in hand? (Neither did the majority of the companies I listed above to be fair)
Exactly nobody here are forex generators unless you in the oil and gas industry

Some manufacturing companies are net generators of forex - Associated Brands, SM Jaleel

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 7th, 2022, 9:30 am

The banks also love to take what USD you have coming in.

Got a 2K usd research grant a few years ago via wire and the bank refused to dispatch the USD to me. They said take the equivalent TTD and if you want you can repurchase the USD. So I said fine, I'll take the hit despite probably losing a couple hundred TT.. Before I could finish the sentence, the next line was you can't have USD unless you travelling.

:/

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 7th, 2022, 9:40 am

Fcuk banks.......
Last edited by Dizzy28 on June 7th, 2022, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 7th, 2022, 9:40 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:The banks also love to take what USD you have coming in.

Got a 2K usd research grant a few years ago via wire and the bank refused to dispatch the USD to me. They said take the equivalent TTD and if you want you can repurchase the USD. So I said fine, I'll take the hit despite probably losing a couple hundred TT.. Before I could finish the sentence, the next line was you can't have USD unless you travelling.

Gotta make those millions every quarter some how. Where was the uproar when they started charging 25 dollars for a statement but God forbid a government institution does that all hell break loose

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 7th, 2022, 9:45 am

@Dizzy, delete that post bai. Doh forget we in a public forum and it doh take much digging to triangulate people identities

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 7th, 2022, 9:47 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:@Dizzy, delete that post bai. Doh forget we in a public forum and it doh take much digging to triangulate people identities

Edited!!
Good looking out.....my blood boils at the mention of banks and wasn't thinking straight.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 7th, 2022, 10:04 am

I feel your pain. I am currently trying to wire some funds from my USD bank to a commercial business owner for some services I need done for my home. My bank confirmed successful transfer 2 weeks ago. You know up to now the recipient still hasn't received the funds?! All now I am unsure how to get any funds sent to his TT business account. He banks with FCB.

TT's red tape, politicians and their greed will be its downfall. Reminds me of a recent article of the founder of WiPay moving his business' headquarters to Jamaica from Trinidad because of all the red tape. WiPay would have made it easy for commercial transactions and payments to be made without the banks. They can't have that:

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... 87607.html

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 7th, 2022, 10:14 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:

I feel your pain. I am currently trying to wire some funds from my USD bank to a commercial business owner for some services I need done for my home. My bank confirmed successful transfer 2 weeks ago. You know up to now the recipient still hasn't received the funds?! All now I am unsure how to get any funds sent to his TT business account. He banks with FCB.

TT's red tape, politicians and their greed will be its downfall. Reminds me of a recent article of the founder of WiPay moving his business' headquarters to Jamaica from Trinidad because of all the red tape. WiPay would have made it easy for commercial transactions and payments to be made without the banks. They can't have that:

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... 87607.html
That red tape is due to public servants as quoted by wing. The entire system needs a complete overhaul.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 7th, 2022, 11:09 am

I'd love to see my bank try this with me. A different kind of animal will come out. I never have probs with my usd account once I give them notice.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 7th, 2022, 12:09 pm

pugboy wrote:max yuh have a point
rituals upstairs often closed or understaffed for the morning flights

let’s see if sb can buck that trend

pug,

“Closed” and “understaffed” are some of the unacceptable terms especially in an international airport.

If they continue, maybe they should step aside and let SB set up shop.

When i travel, i don’t even bother to look to see if Rituals is open because of their unreliability.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 7th, 2022, 12:30 pm

MaxPower wrote:
pugboy wrote:max yuh have a point
rituals upstairs often closed or understaffed for the morning flights

let’s see if sb can buck that trend

pug,

“Closed” and “understaffed” are some of the unacceptable terms especially in an international airport.

If they continue, maybe they should step aside and let SB set up shop.

When i travel, i don’t even bother to look to see if Rituals is open because of their unreliability.

Most of Starbucks coffees and drinks can be made at home. Nothing that a Nespresso, Keurig or Blendtec machine can't do! And please don't tell me you going to SBX for the pastries. We selling (and make) way better pastries locally to go with your coffee, tea or blended hot/cold beverage :mrgreen:

To each's own, Max.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 7th, 2022, 12:34 pm

Trinidad is the only place have this forex issue

no other island as far as I know

besides the big companies, the tens of thousands of vennies locally are happily paying 7.5 and 8 to 1 for USD because TT is useless to send back to their families so thats another issue

then it have the drug dealers who happily paying 8 and 9 and $10 for USD

and even the regular business man have to pay 7.50 and 8 for USD

so hard luck for the person who travelling and want $500 or $1000 usd to lime

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 7th, 2022, 12:47 pm

timelapse wrote:Agree with you, but question.Why haven't the management of Rituals organized for 24/7 staff?

They probably meet their profit target already during the day periods so no need to waste resources in the early hours. To hell with the passengers and airport staff.

It’s a third world mindset. They can do better i’m sure, but the Trini culture accepts this. Open for business only when it suits you.

Well, guess where they can get a nice warm beverage now? You think they care about all the jealous rants? Trinis always think it’s about only name. Macooing who doing this, who doing that, who black, who white….little do they know that the customer goes for where has the better service/convenience. But HEY, open when u want, work how you want and attack those who try to do better. Typical typical Trinidadian mentality.

Our locals need to step up their game and step it up damn fast because day by day they are being left behind. Whining, complaining and the racial slurring isn’t helping.

Forgive my harshness but this is the reality.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 7th, 2022, 1:25 pm

well it’s. basically a hr issue
prestige/kfc hr vs pizzaboys hr standards

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 7th, 2022, 1:26 pm

MaxPower wrote:
timelapse wrote:Agree with you, but question.Why haven't the management of Rituals organized for 24/7 staff?

They probably meet their profit target already during the day periods so no need to waste resources in the early hours. To hell with the passengers and airport staff.

It’s a third world mindset. They can do better i’m sure, but the Trini culture accepts this. Open for business only when it suits you.

Well, guess where they can get a nice warm beverage now? You think they care about all the jealous rants? Trinis always think it’s about only name. Macooing who doing this, who doing that, who black, who white….little do they know that the customer goes for where has the better service/convenience. But HEY, open when u want, work how you want and attack those who try to do better. Typical typical Trinidadian mentality.

Our locals need to step up their game and step it up damn fast because day by day they are being left behind. Whining, complaining and the racial slurring isn’t helping.

Forgive my harshness but this is the reality.

great point.
Excellent customer service can compensate for a mediocre product.
sheit customer service can absolutely tank a great product.
(nothing can make up for absolutely sheit product tho)

Especially in food industry.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 7th, 2022, 1:26 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
Most of Starbucks coffees and drinks can be made at home. Nothing that a Nespresso, Keurig or Blendtec machine can't do! And please don't tell me you going to SBX for the pastries. We selling (and make) way better pastries locally to go with your coffee, tea or blended hot/cold beverage :mrgreen:

To each's own, Max.

Hi Abstract,

I agree, most can be made at home and can taste even better and even without a fancy cup.

Oh yes and i totally agree, you cannot beat the local pastries and i don’t eat the food at SB at all! I usually like a hot cup of coffee after i clear security at the airport and it’s just disappointing to see a local establishment closed and a foreign one open.

To each’s own.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 7th, 2022, 2:14 pm

The foreigners would gladly go to the Starbucks in the airport than the rituals tho.
They could even get a good amount of usd if they advertise they taking usd as payment as well

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » June 7th, 2022, 2:27 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Trinidad is the only place have this forex issue

besides the big companies, the tens of thousands of vennies locally are happily paying 7.5 and 8 to 1 for USD because TT is useless to send back to their families so thats another issue

Forex means foreign exchange. Meaning you need to exchange something in return for it. Trinidad doesn't export anything significant aprt from oil and gas. The little forex that the country earns also heads back out via vehicle, food, vehicle and even online purchases. Can't expect forex to be readily available.

Why would venezuelans accepts tt to send back when tt currency has no value outside of TT? What can venezuelans living in Venezuela do with TT? That isn't a widely accepted currency outside of TT. Venezuelans would happily accept payment in gold or diamonds than recieve TT.

The other islands have tourism so their forex inflows will be different to ours. Not to mention they probably eat and consume more local goods resulting in less forex outflows.

Drug dealers are part of the problem cause they could only pay via usd as well.

All of our problems stem from fact that TT doesn't earn significant usd but is heavily dependent on imports for everything from food to building materials.

It is unsustainable.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 7th, 2022, 2:37 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Trinidad is the only place have this forex issue

Forex means foreign exchange. Meaning you need to exchange something in return for it. Trinidad doesn't export anything significant aprt from oil and gas. The little forex that the country earns also heads back out via vehicle, food, vehicle and even online purchases. Can't expect forex to be readily available.

Why would venezuelans accepts tt to send back when tt currency has no value outside of TT? What can venezuelans living in Venezuela do with TT? That isn't a widely accepted currency outside of TT. Venezuelans would happily accept payment in gold or diamonds than recieve TT.

The other islands have tourism so their forex inflows will be different to ours. Not to mention they probably eat and consume more local goods resulting in less forex outflows.

Drug dealers are part of the problem cause they could only pay via usd as well.

All of our problems stem from fact that TT doesn't earn significant usd but is heavily dependent on imports for everything from food to building materials.

It is unsustainable.
Yet we continue heavy imports such such as vehicles, imported foods and more franchises are opening , it unsustainable yet it's persisting. How these things helping the economy in any form?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 7th, 2022, 2:48 pm

pugboy wrote:well it’s. basically a hr issue
This is it right here.Management issue.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 7th, 2022, 6:06 pm

what does this mean

who is better

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 7th, 2022, 7:05 pm

better at what?
scheduling and punctuality?
employee productivity and performance?

i would say kfc usually does not have absenteeism issues in general so maybe they have larger pool

paid_influencer wrote:

what does this mean

who is better

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 7th, 2022, 7:12 pm

MaxPower wrote:
sMASH wrote:U come back again with this chirren fetish ting...

Fetish? More like facts and letting deadbeat parents know about their failures. It’s a major problem in society.

And Careful how you use that word, but if you must, post the definition of fetish alongside my posts that seem to bother you and you can easily be proven wrong.

ey, is every time u get heated u bring up chirren talk.
u feel since the national convo on the chirren homes, is time to let lose again?
bai, chill nah bai.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » February 3rd, 2023, 4:56 pm

Cross de floor
Attachments
de syrian.jpeg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 3rd, 2023, 5:00 pm

1% gone by the 1%

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”