TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Starbucks opens in St Augustine now.. (is wah... SIXTEEN Branches now?)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Juan P Sant opens Couva (and NINTH Starbucks..Oh word?!)

Postby Gladiator » May 24th, 2022, 6:24 am

agent007 wrote:Any airport has to have adequate seating especially for the elderly and for mothers with kids, especially mothers who still nursing.

What do they expect traveller's to do? Bombard the food court seating area before exiting to the departure gates and what happens to passengers who legitimately requires a spot to sit and eat or drink a hot beverage?

Coming back to nursing mothers, what about private nursing pods? Common AATT...you all can do better than that.

I'm not opposed to the idea of making more money in space rentals but some additional seating would be nice. The beauty of the Atrium is lost imo with the inclusion of that Starbucks. Maybe it's easy for me to mention this cause I patronized them locally once 2 years ago only because I was meeting a client there and won't be back.
They limit the seating cause third world folks use the chairs to sleep on...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 24th, 2022, 6:35 am

SR wrote:Its a good move makes the airport more "international"

That food court like a parlor even the floor always nasty and cramped

X3000.

The local vibe ain’t that appealing.

Those local food places in the food court need to ride DF out and they should put a McDonalds or Burger King etc. We also should be considering hiring foreigners who are more welcoming and respectful.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 24th, 2022, 7:09 am

If Hong Wing ever sets up a coffee shop, all dem yankee shops could haul their collective mc.
I am surprised that the carnival kulcher crew not calling to boycott Starbucks as yet.They does want to cancel people for less.But is massa ting, so kulcher could suck an egg .
What puzzling me is wtf they doing with the space upstairs where pizza boys was.They coulda put Starbucks up whatever with them yes.
All I want is for them to bring back a small arcade with Robocop and Marvel vs Capcom.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 24th, 2022, 7:12 am

agent007 wrote:Any airport has to have adequate seating especially for the elderly and for mothers with kids, especially mothers who still nursing.

What do they expect traveller's to do? Bombard the food court seating area before exiting to the departure gates and what happens to passengers who legitimately requires a spot to sit and eat or drink a hot beverage?

Coming back to nursing mothers, what about private nursing pods? Common AATT...you all can do better than that.

I'm not opposed to the idea of making more money in space rentals but some additional seating would be nice. The beauty of the Atrium is lost imo with the inclusion of that Starbucks. Maybe it's easy for me to mention this cause I patronized them locally once 2 years ago only because I was meeting a client there and won't be back.
There is ample seating for departing passengers after they pass through security.

The airport is not a liming spot.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 24th, 2022, 7:24 am

All I really want is covered parking in the airport. That is too much to ask ??

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 24th, 2022, 7:50 am

There has been plans to build a multistory parking lot with stores etc for years now but again the airport is self funded so they probably eh getting the money or interest to do it

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 24th, 2022, 8:44 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:

There is ample seating for departing passengers after they pass through security.

Neither is a quikshoppe

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 24th, 2022, 8:59 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:

Exactly.

Hats off to Covid for not having KFC open at the airport 24/7.

The AATT officers will get a bobolization ease up from the weekend after party riff raff crowd.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 24th, 2022, 9:25 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:There has been plans to build a multistory parking lot with stores etc for years now but again the airport is self funded so they probably eh getting the money or interest to do it

Correct - Piarco Aeropark (Lands to the north of the airport) is meant to have lots of commercial and light industrial activity

http://www.tntairports.com/Piarco_Areop ... zones.html

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » May 24th, 2022, 10:09 am

Sorry brah, only the most barren of imbeciles could even contemplate boasting that they shop at low-end chain stores.

MaxPower wrote:
dogg wrote:Man like maxpower who does dress up to go Massy stores will soon come and boast how he drink coffee from the airport starbucks

Lol since the Massy post months ago you are like the only one who appears to be traumatized and intimidated my Massy Stores.

Stop being a pathetic sufferer dogg, and work a little harder to be able to afford to shop in Massy and buy Starbucks.

Other than that padna, stick to getting your groceries in snacketts and sip on yuh hong wing.

Lmao

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » May 24th, 2022, 10:10 am

tarzan wrote:Time to add back prestige holdings stocks to my account , I could see that share price going back up to upwards of 7.5 per share now.

I bought at the IPO - at $4 I think - and I'm still holding. Made some good profits over the years.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 24th, 2022, 10:28 am

Like some of you all missing the point or I wasn't clear enough. Can you all name the food/beverage options that waiting passengers have at the departure gates?

This is off the top of my head....you seasoned travelers would have a better idea:

Maria's (bakery)
Rituals (coffee shop & patties)
Heros sports bar
Buzz bar
KV Food & Beverage (mostly snacks and beverages)
Unknown (small shop on the corner before entering the gate 7 area on the left) - drinks and snacks

Based on the above, it's not like we have a lot of more affordable fast food options after you pass the first security checkpoint en route to the departure gates. Not everyone is comfortable paying $50. for a burger at the sports bars!

The aim of the "food court" downstairs are for travellers to at least have a more affordable meal via Royal Castle, Church's and KFC etc. The Rituals and Starbucks are seen as essentials especially for the teas and coffees too.

With a lack of seating, travelers who legitimately require a hot beverage or a sandwich before heading upstairs into the departure lounge can't do so because there are persons who are just sitting there wandering their eyes all over the place and busy texting etc. They won't even have the decency to offer their seat to the family or elderly or new mother who wishes to eat/drink something quickly before heading up.

Our selfishness as a people continues even when we are about to leave the country. More seats won't hurt, so what did we do in the past? Behind the ATM machines is a staircase that takes you upstairs. Under that staircase is a non functional water fountain. The edges of the fountain is flat and tiled and thus serves as a reasonable sitting area.

If AATT is truly serious about airport security and unnecessary loitering, they should ensure only persons with boarding passes can enter the airport from the drop off area.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 24th, 2022, 10:41 am

agent007 wrote:Like some of you all missing the point or I wasn't clear enough. Can you all name the food/beverage options that waiting passengers have at the departure gates?

This is off the top of my head....you seasoned travelers would have a better idea:

Maria's (bakery)
Heros sports bar
Buzz bar
Unknown (small shop on the corner before entering the gate 7 area on the left) - drinks and snacks

Based on the above, it's not like we have a lot of more affordable fast food options after you pass the first security checkpoint en route to the departure gates. Not everyone is comfortable paying $50. for a burger at the sports bars!

The aim of the "food court" downstairs are for travellers to at least have a more affordable meal via Royal Castle, Church's and KFC etc. The Rituals and Starbucks are seen as essentials especially for the teas and coffees too.

With a lack of seating, travelers who legitimately require a hot beverage or a sandwich before heading upstairs into the departure lounge can't do so because there are persons who are just sitting there wandering their eyes all over the place and busy texting etc. They won't even have the decency to offer their seat to the family or elderly or new mother who wishes to eat/drink something quickly before heading up.

Our selfishness as a people continues even when we are about to leave the country. More seats won't hurt, so what did we do in the past? Behind the ATM machines is a staircase that takes you upstairs. Under that staircase is a non functional water fountain. The edges of the fountain is flat and tiled and thus serves as a reasonable sitting area.

If AATT is truly serious about airport security and unnecessary loitering, they should ensure only persons with boarding passes can enter the airport from the drop off area.
Well said

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 24th, 2022, 12:10 pm

dogg wrote:Sorry brah, only the most barren of imbeciles could even contemplate boasting that they shop at low-end chain stores.

No one was boasting doggy and you are unable to quote any post from anyone here boasting about shopping in the said establishments. If you don’t have that proof, then stop getting excited when you hear about places you have never been to bro.

Rem i told you youngman, work harder, get your visa and see the world a bit. But i will tell you upfront, Walmart isn’t what it seems so try not to get a nervous breakdown on your first visit.

Run along now dogg, and lose the sufferer antics please, you’re better than this.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 24th, 2022, 12:24 pm

this turning into a sufferers rant

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 24th, 2022, 1:05 pm

You will get all them thing when they open the aeropark agent.

In the last 2 or 3 years I doubt any airport spend any money on unnecessary upgrades.

And again as I say our airport supposedly doesn't get money from the government. They are self sufficient so they were looking for investors to do their aeropark.
Last edited by Chimera on May 24th, 2022, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Juan P Sant opens Couva (and NINTH Starbucks..Oh word?!)

Postby MaxPower » May 24th, 2022, 1:33 pm

pugboy wrote:this turning into a sufferers rant

Yep.

Trini sufferers just LOVE to post up on social media oh they buy Starbucks with their name written on it lol

“Raj”
“Narry”
“Harrylal”
“Kwesi”
“Kwami”
“Zoom”
“Lal”
“Shanta”
“Bobita”
“Janky”

Get your visas Trinis, there’s alot more to Starbucks out there.
Last edited by MaxPower on May 24th, 2022, 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » May 24th, 2022, 1:34 pm

MaxPower wrote:
pugboy wrote:this turning into a sufferers rant

Yep.

Trini sufferers just LOVE to post up on social media oh they buy Starbucks with their name written on it lol

Get your visas Trinis, there’s alot more to Starbucks out there.

Wait till they hear about Ezekiel bread. Educate them nah Max

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 24th, 2022, 1:37 pm

alfa wrote:Wait till they hear about Ezekiel bread. Educate them nah Max

OMG yes.

I mentioned this in some earlier posts. It sure does help with the bloating.

The only negative side is the Trini steups when they see the price for a loaf and jus wnd up going with the KISS.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 24th, 2022, 3:39 pm

a visa/yankee land is not the promised land eh
when you go europe you will quickly realize there’s lot more cultures food and things to see
you will get a better cup of coffee in any small cafe in italy or france than starbucks

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 24th, 2022, 3:49 pm

pugboy wrote:a visa/yankee land is not the promised land eh
when you go europe you will quickly realize there’s lot more cultures food and things to see
you will get a better cup of coffee in any small cafe in italy or france than starbucks

X3007

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » May 24th, 2022, 3:53 pm

It's a good idea. I'm sure Rituals wish they could've executed such. And yes people do have a problem with it's location seeing as that area is used for multicultural displays but where are those at the moment? To be honest it's a big area that can accommodate a lot and I hope it's utilized effectively in the future. Be cause it's usually empty.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 24th, 2022, 4:38 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:You will get all them thing when they open the aeropark agent.

In the last 2 or 3 years I doubt any airport spend any money on unnecessary upgrades.

And again as I say our airport supposedly doesn't get money from the government. They are self sufficient so they were looking for investors to do their aeropark.

AATT gets money from the Govnt.

Their 2018 Public Accounts Committee Sitting indicates they receive enough income for recurrent expenditure but receive government for capital expenditure.

The Authority’s ability to generate sufficient revenue to cover its operating costs constant over the
period 2008 to 2012. However, there has been an increase in total expenditure which resulted in a
deficit over the years 2008 to 2012. Officials from the AATT indicated that the revenue generated
internally was sufficient to cover its operating expenditure, but the deficits occurred after accounting
for depreciation on the income statement.
At the same time, the financial sustainability of the Authority weakened as a result of the economic
downturn in Trinidad and Tobago’s economy. Systems were implemented to improve the AATT’s
management of its two main sources of revenue: aeronautical and non-aeronautical. Since 2003, the
AATT has not approached the Central Government for the financing of its operating expenditure,
however, the Authority received financing of its capital expenditure programmes until the year 2014
http://www.ttparliament.org/reports/p11 ... AC-R18.pdf

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » May 24th, 2022, 4:51 pm

Cool story bro.

Now go take some selfies in Massy Stores and validate yourself.

MaxPower wrote:
dogg wrote:Sorry brah, only the most barren of imbeciles could even contemplate boasting that they shop at low-end chain stores.

No one was boasting doggy and you are unable to quote any post from anyone here boasting about shopping in the said establishments. If you don’t have that proof, then stop getting excited when you hear about places you have never been to bro.

Rem i told you youngman, work harder, get your visa and see the world a bit. But i will tell you upfront, Walmart isn’t what it seems so try not to get a nervous breakdown on your first visit.

Run along now dogg, and lose the sufferer antics please, you’re better than this.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 24th, 2022, 4:57 pm

That Aeropark thing is another story by itself. Reminds me of streets of the world for Invaders Bay and the port relocation dream to sea lots including a huge floating island off pos. Alluh remember dem renderings?

Back to Aeropark, it doesn't solve the immediate seating concerns I highlighted. Even if we snap Aeropark into existence Thanos style, the proposed site is North of the carpark so some form of connection must be in place overhead to connect said business park to the main terminal building. Some form of rail system would be required for sure.

This not going to happen anytime soon. They done want to over construct an international terminal for ANRR Tobago and now this Aeropark modernization project? Lol....what sort of passenger traffic do they really expect to justify that spend on both islands?

Another epic waste of HSF withdrawal.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 24th, 2022, 5:07 pm

aeropark have anything to do with actual airport human traffic or is just an excuse to build a mall type facility and hope ppl go there in numbers?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 24th, 2022, 5:19 pm

Once it's managed by the AATT it must have something to do with the airport. Go check the web link and have a read. Big dreams.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 24th, 2022, 6:07 pm

agent007 wrote:That Aeropark thing is another story by itself. Reminds me of streets of the world for Invaders Bay and the port relocation dream to sea lots including a huge floating island off pos. Alluh remember dem renderings?

Back to Aeropark, it doesn't solve the immediate seating concerns I highlighted. Even if we snap Aeropark into existence Thanos style, the proposed site is North of the carpark so some form of connection must be in place overhead to connect said business park to the main terminal building. Some form of rail system would be required for sure.

This not going to happen anytime soon. They done want to over construct an international terminal for ANRR Tobago and now this Aeropark modernization project? Lol....what sort of passenger traffic do they really expect to justify that spend on both islands?

Another epic waste of HSF withdrawal.
Them concerns not valid.

Airport is not a loitering spot .

Go into any major airport and there is little to no seating for persons before the check in counter besides for restaurants/bars in the airport.

If you not spending money then don't be in the people place.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 24th, 2022, 7:40 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Airport is not a loitering spot .

Go into any major airport and there is little to no seating for persons before the check in counter besides for restaurants/bars in the airport.

If you not spending money then don't be in the people place.

Phone,

Well said.

Too many loafers and sufferers around macooing and it has its conflicts of safety.

The airport should only be for those who require transport services, not a lime. Want to find out about a flight, or pretend at least, walk with your passport and submit full details upon entry.

We have to cut out this blasted hooligan culture we have where the whole of Barrackpore want to come and make a set of wajang noise when Boysie going foreign for the first time.

Come on T&T, get with the times and set a standard not a standpipe.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 24th, 2022, 7:52 pm

timelapse wrote:
agent007 wrote:Like some of you all missing the point or I wasn't clear enough. Can you all name the food/beverage options that waiting passengers have at the departure gates?

Maria's (bakery)
Heros sports bar
Buzz bar

Well said

Lol at woeful lack of seating being passed off as "security concern" and encouraging loitering.
ANY international of note airport has tons of seating. What sheit men talking about loitering? Who goes to an airport in the middle of nowhere to loiter? :? It have girls there? Anything of note to take in?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”