TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Starbucks opens in St Augustine now.. (is wah... SIXTEEN Branches now?)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Juan P Sant opens Couva (and NINTH Starbucks..Oh word?!)

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 16th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Yup, I prefer the small shops - found some real gems over the years just randomly stopping on the road.
Sadly some of them are hit and miss with the offerings, and customer service varies from Hoggish to outright angelic.
Chains have some consistency, SOMETIMES - at least with the product. Same issue of service might apply here too.
Yep true

But when you stick with a small establish over time you get to build a certain relationship and you get much better service than a chain bussiness
Plus there is a sense of adventure going somewhere and not knowing what to expect. I've tried some local places and had horrible experiences but my wife and I still laugh looking back on it. It also makes it that much better when you find a place thats really good. It feels like it was made just for you.

Off the top of my head I could say the cafe by twin walls (next to rig in Sando) is worth it. There is also a nice cafe somewhere near curepe junction (some of the workers were trained in TTHTI so food was amazing). Kazaa on Couva main road is great as well. Peche on Caroni Savannah road has good food but too crowded so we don't go there anymore. There is a small cafe opposite Chaits bar in Couva that sells some tasty pastries but ambience isnt all that good so we just buy our stuff to go there. They have some good local wines and products though and really friendly service. Somebody should start a small cafe thread.

We normally just stop off by random small cafes when we see them if we happen to be hungry and on the road.

In the 80's and 90's I used to love to stop by those village parlours that had daily made sandwiches.
Bread and channa, cheese, chowmein, chicken, gizzard etc.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 16th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Peche prices gone off the charts, I used to be a regular customer in his garage in the earlies

now it turn into an overpriced social scene with the oversized sunglasses and ting
ie rich wives of lange park and environs

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 16th, 2019, 4:52 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Yup, I prefer the small shops - found some real gems over the years just randomly stopping on the road.
Sadly some of them are hit and miss with the offerings, and customer service varies from Hoggish to outright angelic.
Chains have some consistency, SOMETIMES - at least with the product. Same issue of service might apply here too.
Yep true

But when you stick with a small establish over time you get to build a certain relationship and you get much better service than a chain bussiness
Plus there is a sense of adventure going somewhere and not knowing what to expect. I've tried some local places and had horrible experiences but my wife and I still laugh looking back on it. It also makes it that much better when you find a place thats really good. It feels like it was made just for you.

Off the top of my head I could say the cafe by twin walls (next to rig in Sando) is worth it. There is also a nice cafe somewhere near curepe junction (some of the workers were trained in TTHTI so food was amazing). Kazaa on Couva main road is great as well. Peche on Caroni Savannah road has good food but too crowded so we don't go there anymore. There is a small cafe opposite Chaits bar in Couva that sells some tasty pastries but ambience isnt all that good so we just buy our stuff to go there. They have some good local wines and products though and really friendly service. Somebody should start a small cafe thread.

We normally just stop off by random small cafes when we see them if we happen to be hungry and on the road.

In the 80's and 90's I used to love to stop by those village parlours that had daily made sandwiches.
Bread and channa, cheese, chowmein, chicken, gizzard etc.
These are the stuff you cant get in a chain or fast food bussiness.

Support local folks

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 23rd, 2022, 2:33 pm

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 2.18.07 PM.jpeg

The Starbucks in the Airport rustling lots of jimmies it seems.
People want that area reserved for the "culture"

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » May 23rd, 2022, 3:07 pm

I rather the airport be reserved for adequate, comfortable seating, but I like instant coffee....say what, yes.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 23rd, 2022, 3:08 pm

Rel neverseecomesees nationwide yes.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 23rd, 2022, 3:09 pm

They got a prime spot in the atrium there.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 23rd, 2022, 3:13 pm

Should put a statute of 1% pissing in Rowley mouth and he pissing in everybody mouth.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2022, 3:13 pm

Is that the main atrium in the airport?

1% could get away with anything once they paying.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 23rd, 2022, 4:10 pm

Doesn't look like a permanent structure. It looks like a high traffic promo bid for a temporary stage. If that's the plan, to generate revenue to the AA by renting the space for periods to companies that win the bid. It should be rotating, maybe 3 -4 months? The other times they can move it out and put an exhibition there when they need to.

At least I hope that's what this is, because if it's permanent, then that's in bad faith against the public by the Authority.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2022, 4:13 pm

maj. tom wrote:Doesn't look like a permanent structure. It looks like a high traffic promo bid for a temporary stage. If that's the plan, to generate revenue to the AA by renting the space for periods to companies that win the bid. It should be rotating, maybe 3 -4 months? The other times they can move it out and put an exhibition there when they need to.

At least I hope that's what this is, because if it's permanent, then that's in bad faith against the public by the Authority.

Starbucks eh spennin' dat money for 3-4 months tenure, nor is it attractive for a concession to have to pack up every 3-4 months. It look like AATT tell de cultyah to rock so :|

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » May 23rd, 2022, 4:19 pm

What's the issue really??

I'm sure Starbucks is paying big big money for that spot. What allyuh complaining about this time?? Airports authority moving in the right direction. They should rent every single square inch of available space!

Trinis just like to complain about foolishness oui.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 23rd, 2022, 4:28 pm

Airport authority is self sufficient and get needed revenue from the concessions rental.
Longest while things extremely bad so nun wrong if they making $$$ from rental to star bucks.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2022, 4:29 pm

dogg wrote:What's the issue really??

I'm sure Starbucks is paying big big money for that spot. What allyuh complaining about this time?? Airports authority moving in the right direction. They should rent every single square inch of available space!

I agree with revenue generation but first simple things like adequate seating needs to happen, unless you're advocating renting the seats! :lol:

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » May 23rd, 2022, 4:41 pm

De Dragon wrote:

I agree with revenue generation but first simple things like adequate seating needs to happen, unless you're advocating renting the seats! :lol:

Yeah good business move by both Starbucks and Airports authority!
Man like maxpower who does dress up to go Massy stores will soon come and boast how he drink coffee from the airport starbucks

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 23rd, 2022, 5:57 pm

dogg wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Yeah good business move by both Starbucks and Airports authority!
Man like maxpower who does dress up to go Massy stores will soon come and boast how he drink coffee from the airport starbucks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » May 23rd, 2022, 6:07 pm

Time to add back prestige holdings stocks to my account , I could see that share price going back up to upwards of 7.5 per share now.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 23rd, 2022, 7:35 pm

Any airport has to have adequate seating especially for the elderly and for mothers with kids, especially mothers who still nursing.

What do they expect traveller's to do? Bombard the food court seating area before exiting to the departure gates and what happens to passengers who legitimately requires a spot to sit and eat or drink a hot beverage?

Coming back to nursing mothers, what about private nursing pods? Common AATT...you all can do better than that.

I'm not opposed to the idea of making more money in space rentals but some additional seating would be nice. The beauty of the Atrium is lost imo with the inclusion of that Starbucks. Maybe it's easy for me to mention this cause I patronized them locally once 2 years ago only because I was meeting a client there and won't be back.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 23rd, 2022, 8:34 pm

In miami Airport there's probably 12 or 20 seats for family to wait to pick up persons.

Airport is not to lime and wait and old talk.

Roll up just in time to pick up your passenger.

Wait in the cellphone parking lot or the paid parking lot.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 23rd, 2022, 9:05 pm

like allyuh forget long time a sunday in the old airport was an outing, ice cream and ting
big lime to drop off or pick up ppl

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 23rd, 2022, 9:15 pm

Rip airport rituals

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 23rd, 2022, 9:17 pm

pugboy wrote:like allyuh forget long time a sunday in the old airport was an outing, ice cream and ting

We went waving gallery a few times and drop crocodile tears for people we didn’t know.

Bawling hard hard “I go marrid yuh lelouteee doh leave mee!”

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 23rd, 2022, 9:43 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:In miami Airport there's probably 12 or 20 seats for family to wait to pick up persons.

Airport is not to lime and wait and old talk.

Roll up just in time to pick up your passenger.

Wait in the cellphone parking lot or the paid parking lot.

This…… too much seating allows for loitering and is a security risk

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 23rd, 2022, 10:08 pm

pugboy wrote:like allyuh forget long time a sunday in the old airport was an outing, ice cream and ting

Long time in the old airport i used to pyong Gorilla Warfare and P.O.W in the lil arcade it had. I think it had a Tekken too and a Robocop.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Juan P Sant opens Couva (and NINTH Starbucks..Oh word?!)

Postby MaxPower » May 23rd, 2022, 10:11 pm

dogg wrote:Man like maxpower who does dress up to go Massy stores will soon come and boast how he drink coffee from the airport starbucks

Lol since the Massy post months ago you are like the only one who appears to be traumatized and intimidated my Massy Stores.

Stop being a pathetic sufferer dogg, and work a little harder to be able to afford to shop in Massy and buy Starbucks.

Other than that padna, stick to getting your groceries in snacketts and sip on yuh hong wing.

Lmao

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 23rd, 2022, 10:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:
dogg wrote:Man like maxpower who does dress up to go Massy stores will soon come and boast how he drink coffee from the airport starbucks

Lol since the Massy post months ago you are like the only one who appears to be traumatized and intimidated my Massy Stores.

Stop being a pathetic sufferer dogg, and work a little harder to be able to afford to shop in Massy and buy Starbucks.

Other than that padna, stick to getting your groceries in snacketts and sip on yuh hong wing.

Lmao

The nostalgia of Hong Wing boiled in a big pot for a wake. Yum

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 23rd, 2022, 11:41 pm

matix wrote:
The nostalgia of Hong Wing boiled in a big pot for a wake. Yum

Ahhh boi, love my Hong Wing wake special yes.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 23rd, 2022, 11:43 pm

They will survive. Still going strong in MT PoS despite the bucks being next door.
VexXx Dogg wrote:Rip airport rituals

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 24th, 2022, 5:52 am

they advertsing looking for drive thru spots anywhere in the country

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 24th, 2022, 6:10 am

Its a good move makes the airport more "international"

That food court like a parlor even the floor always nasty and cramped

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”