TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Starbucks opens in St Augustine now.. (is wah... SIXTEEN Branches now?)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Starbucks opens Couva (and NINTH branch..Oh word?!)

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 3:42 pm

timelapse wrote:Doh study it.Max is one of those foreign always better people.It is a relic of colonialism that is imprinted in some people up to today.This is why he also supports illegal vennies.White is always right...

times,

Foreign is not always better, it’s generally better.

Colonialism days are over and just a mere relic of the past. Yuh hadda cut that out papa cuz in your mind, the white man always right and intimidates you.

All i am saying is that the locals and their service is unacceptable and they need to do better. The foreigners are coming here and doing a FAR better job. But Trinis just DON’T like anyone doing better than them and are always fighting down, even their own people.

The locals are to blame for their incompetency and their lack of proper service to this country. We need to stop the excuses.

Me, i look at service first, not nationality.

Support local? sure! By all means but make it worth it and not take me for granted and don’t TOTE when i choose to go else where.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 3:46 pm

De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:Doh study it.Max is one of those foreign always better people.It is a relic of colonialism that is imprinted in some people up to today.This is why he also supports illegal vennies.White is always right...

Dotish arse doesn't realize that they are a foreign exchange drain as well, but this fat, greasy, KFC( hey mabye that's why!) fryer operator, mammy boy needs constant revalidation of his self loathing sad life by pretending to be a high flying businessman

You need to stop studying me and study your suffering children. Work harder and make a better life for them and stop being the failure of a father that you are. So you could rant all day, you are still ketching you ass at the end of the day. Run along now and check your blood pressure.

Btw before you start to cry, stop mentioning the mother of others in a convo, maybe they would not return the same.
Last edited by MaxPower on June 6th, 2022, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Starbucks opens Couva (and NINTH branch..Oh word?!)

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 3:55 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
MaxPower wrote:We need more foreign establishments generally.

Get rid of the local incompetence.

Your response is exactly why TT will be viewed as a third class country. Its the third-class mentality and thinking anything but your own is better. Soon those same foreign establishments will buy you out of your job and land that you and your family may have worked hard for. Shooting yourself in your foot without even realizing it.

Abstract,

TT is a third world country and will always be viewed that way. I have always preached that Trinis need to do better. THEY have put themselves in this position and have allowed others to just feel they can walk in our country and do as they please. Typical third world mentality.

Unproductiveness and poor work ethic is the main reason why locals are where they are.

Any prominent and successful local can tell you that NO foreigners can take anything from them. They are forward and positive thinkers and always know how to adjust and recover. For you to think and fear that a foreigner can take your job and land means that you are somewhat unconfident about your capabilities.

Trinis need to start working harder, winning back the trust of their fellow countrymen and take back their country.

Being jealous of others who do better is not the answer.

We need to stop the excuses and get productive.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 6th, 2022, 3:58 pm

I better not get any bad service in your minimart eh dan

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 4:27 pm

timelapse wrote:I better not get any bad service in your minimart eh dan

Na man, i have my issues with BOTH locals and Venes, more so from the locals.

But whatever bad service is brought to your attention, it is imperative that you act vigorously and do your best to improve it.

When it comes to service, don’t F around with that because when your fearful white man opens up shop down the road, my service must either be on par or exceed…and i will survive.

No foreigner is going to take me over times, none. I work too hard for what i have and my mindset, as ignorant as i may appear, is what keeps me going.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 6th, 2022, 5:10 pm

Exactly. If anyone revisits my prior comments on the matter, it's an Airport Atrium for crying out loud! It's our only major international hub and the Atrium has that fancy wood block selling coffee stuff. That should not be there in the first place.

If the Architect knew that there would be a food/beverage outlet there, then that area should not be designated as the Atrium!

It's similar to putting a kiosk in front the grand staircase of a hotel or cruise ship etc. Arguing aesthetics with some inside here just not worth it.
Rovin wrote:for ppl who dont have cause to go by d airport thats a good video PEA made to show everybody

even if yall doh like d man : doh shoot d messenger but take note of whats in d message

that spot shud be kept wide open so ppl can see & walk about freely in any direction instead of having to go around that big monstrosity in d middle of everything ...
Last edited by agent007 on June 6th, 2022, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 6th, 2022, 5:11 pm

Max = zoom

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 5:32 pm

Dunno who Trinis fooling na.

All those establishments they claim to hate and bash SO much are FULL.

Yap yap yap but swiping credit card at these 1% establishments.

Btw, a question for the entitled Trinis. What is the difference with a Trini going to another country and investing and a foreigner coming to T&T and investing?

All those Trinis investing in Guyana….buying up lands that the locals were probably saving up to buy. I know of a Trini foreign used car dealer that bought 100 acres of land there. Why? To benefit the people of Guyana?

What’s the difference when a Syrian comes to T&T to “set up shop”?

I guess it’s only right when Trinis do it.

We need to stop looking at others and look at ourselves.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » June 6th, 2022, 5:37 pm

man comparing customer service in he parlour to actual establishment's customer service.

trinis delusional for real

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 5:43 pm

st7 wrote:man comparing customer service in he parlour to actual establishment's customer service.

trinis delusional for real

Same concept, same basics.

You have that?

That’s why your countrymen are where they are today.

Change the attitude.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 6th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
pugboy wrote:^thats the fluffy iced drinks stuff
not the hardcore regular coffee

but it would appear fluffy drinks outsell coffee by a large margin, at least 3 to 1

I buy two drinks in SB - Brew of the day or Cold Brew (Both I take black, one sugar, one splenda)

In Rituals I buy Americano or Brew of the Day (same as above)

Wouldn't know about the iced drinks but yea they are the ones ppl rush for for sure.

My man! :lol:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 6th, 2022, 6:20 pm

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Dotish arse doesn't realize that they are a foreign exchange drain as well, but this fat, greasy, KFC( hey mabye that's why!) fryer operator, mammy boy needs constant revalidation of his self loathing sad life by pretending to be a high flying businessman

You need to stop studying me and study your suffering children. Work harder and make a better life for them and stop being the failure of a father that you are. So you could rant all day, you are still ketching you ass at the end of the day. Run along now and check your blood pressure.

Btw before you start to cry, stop mentioning the mother of others in a convo, maybe they would not return the same.

Sufferer mammy's boy, you're so dotish that you can't differentiate between talking abut someone vs their mother?
If my children "ketching they arse" and living how they're living, then I good. Study to stop leeching off mammy little pension, and move out. Oh wait, yuh on ah KFC salary! :lol: :lol:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 6:43 pm

De Dragon wrote:Sufferer mammy's boy, you're so dotish that you can't differentiate between talking abut someone vs their mother?
If my children "ketching they arse" and living how they're living, then I good. Study to stop leeching off mammy little pension, and move out. Oh wait, yuh on ah KFC salary! :lol: :lol:

Ok DeDeadbeat,

Take it easy now for a next few days or they will start deleting our comments.

How the pressure readings?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 6th, 2022, 7:55 pm

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Sufferer mammy's boy, you're so dotish that you can't differentiate between talking abut someone vs their mother?
If my children "ketching they arse" and living how they're living, then I good. Study to stop leeching off mammy little pension, and move out. Oh wait, yuh on ah KFC salary!

Ok DeDeadbeat,

Take it easy now for a next few days or they will start deleting our comments.

How the pressure readings?
U come back again with this chirren fetish ting...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 6th, 2022, 8:19 pm

sMASH wrote:U come back again with this chirren fetish ting...

Fetish? More like facts and letting deadbeat parents know about their failures. It’s a major problem in society.

And Careful how you use that word, but if you must, post the definition of fetish alongside my posts that seem to bother you and you can easily be proven wrong.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » June 6th, 2022, 8:36 pm

MaxPower wrote:Dunno who Trinis fooling na.

All those establishments they claim to hate and bash SO much are FULL.

Yap yap yap but swiping credit card at these 1% establishments.

Btw, a question for the entitled Trinis. What is the difference with a Trini going to another country and investing and a foreigner coming to T&T and investing?

All those Trinis investing in Guyana….buying up lands that the locals were probably saving up to buy. I know of a Trini foreign used car dealer that bought 100 acres of land there. Why? To benefit the people of Guyana?

What’s the difference when a Syrian comes to T&T to “set up shop”?

I guess it’s only right when Trinis do it.

We need to stop looking at others and look at ourselves.

Buying up land in Guyana real risky ... bess hope some local dont plant no coconut tree on your land ... then they got rights to it and it is hell oh hell to get them off it ... Yall bess the rule of law runs a little different in GT than in Trini.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » June 6th, 2022, 9:33 pm

Imagine all that money, access and yet still Mouttxt and Prestige can't develop their own local brands as yet.

Only import and sell from the "business class". No sort of innovation whatsoever.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 6th, 2022, 10:29 pm

Redress10 wrote:Imagine all that money, access and yet still Mouttxt and Prestige can't develop their own local brands as yet.

Only import and sell from the "business class". No sort of innovation whatsoever.

That’ll be the wrong move, for example look what happened to Jaxx/Ruby Tuesday. Trinis mentality IS brands. The sufferers use to love that Ruby Tuesday tag on the photos

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 7th, 2022, 12:58 am

Redress10 wrote:Imagine all that money, access and yet still Mouttxt and Prestige can't develop their own local brands as yet.

Isn't this the point though...it follows the colonial model to a "T" as it were.

Simply extract the resource and re-patriate the wealth, with the local folks being the (exploited???) labour force.

Innovation was never the goal only wealth accumulation for the "landed gentry" and then coming out of colonialism the landed gentry became the "business class" who still to this day bear a striking resemblance to the "plantocracy".

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 7th, 2022, 3:14 am

Amazing how we don't have forex for citizens yet there is forex for Starbucks which isn't a necessity, this is a real Banana republic no joke inno

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 7th, 2022, 5:14 am

What's the big deal with SB? Is it a social media thing to show "yuh reach"? I doh drink coffee so i dont know. I have never been to a SB or rituals either. I went to a few cars and coffee meets and still never went into SB. To each his own I guess.......shrugs shoulders

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 7th, 2022, 5:46 am

its the coffee snob mentality, google it

brings out the sufferer in ppl, thread gone that way fast

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 7th, 2022, 7:07 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:What's the big deal with SB? Is it a social media thing to show "yuh reach"? I doh drink coffee so i dont know. I have never been to a SB or rituals either. I went to a few cars and coffee meets and still never went into SB. To each his own I guess.......shrugs shoulders
If you have health problems, stay away from these places.Coffee shop antics is American culture from tv.Ever notice in American tv shows is always "Lets meet for cawfee".If you genuinely like coffee, great.Other than that, not worth it IMO.Hong Wing is way more brewtal.
In both SB and Rituals, the food is awful as well, unless you counting the run of the mill donuts that full of sugar.If your kids hyper as most are nowadays,coffee shops are a terrible idea.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 7th, 2022, 7:08 am

pugboy wrote:its the coffee snob mentality, google it

brings out the sufferer in ppl, thread gone that way fast

Coffee snob mentality :|....that's really a thing? I've often heard people talking about the $50 they spend on a coffee but come lunch time their bellies bubbling harder than a boiling kettle and vex because the butterfly milk finish and the hr dpt didn't bring crix on time

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 7th, 2022, 7:14 am

coffee shops opening all over the place, a new one open last week next door to Fatima college
all them chirren flooding the place after school for sugar fluffy drinks.

this just shows the level of sugar addiction

starbucks food looks like they import them and reheat.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 7th, 2022, 7:50 am

Starbucks is the fast food of coffee imo. I only get it out of convenience. I think the social media side of it died down a while back. Nobody gives a sheit about that anymore, I hope.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 7th, 2022, 7:55 am

plenty ppl does collect the cups

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 7th, 2022, 8:03 am

pugboy wrote:plenty ppl does collect the cups
I reuse them to plant stuff.Is a strong cup.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 7th, 2022, 8:43 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:What's the big deal with SB?

Jealousy basically.

They toting how Starbucks is the center of attraction in the airport and they should have put a inconsistent Trini doubles stand there instead or something about “culture” and “heritage”. Trinis don’t even care about their own country and with an embarrassing crime rate and littering position, they should be the last to bash others.

Are they concerned with the dual citizenship holders/locals/tourists that don’t want local coffee or don’t have a SB in their country?

What about the neverseecomesee Trini that does not have his visa to enjoy the foreign experience?

What about those who just DON’T care about the political rant?

I saw SB at the airport open at 3am, but Ali’s Candy Shop and the Pharmacy CLOSED, Newspaper stand, CLOSED, Rituals upstairs, CLOSED. Tell me about the food court, where can one get a bake/shark or crab/dumpling? Or hor. Everytime you go there, most of the places are closed and the food is terrible. We don’t have flights running 24/7? Someone correct me na because i probably blind.

Trinis bawling Forex but even before the shortage they couldn’t deliver. But sure, blame the AATT/Govt for not taking bidders seriously as if they didn’t have a valid reason to do so.

Trinis need to take a lil back seat, rest and reflect and let those capable and interested take front for now.

Foreign establishments, and the MANY we have nationwide isn’t the best thing out, but it’s generally better than what locals have to offer, both for product and service.

I will say again, Trinis just don’t like to see others, even their OWN countrymen doing better than them, but after the rant, the quick to be all up in these same establishments.

Where are we really going as a people?

When will we DO better to make it better?

Come on T&T.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 7th, 2022, 8:47 am

max yuh have a point
rituals upstairs often closed or understaffed for the morning flights

let’s see if sb can buck that trend

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”