Is ZeeTV i sign up for... not Rowley

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Is ZeeTV i sign up for... not Rowley

Postby zoom rader » April 18th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Trini needs these laws , going around calling people the N & C word is not the way for a country to progress. Even calling someone a red man/woman should be a crime.

What will happen to them maxi/taxi "Touts" whose vocabulary is limited to "Indian, Dougla, Darkie, Dark man, Tallz, Redz, Famaly" when fulling a trip?
If you can't address people as Sir or Madam then jail in yuh MC

Using N and C words need to Stop

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 18th, 2019, 4:54 pm

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 20th, 2019, 9:18 am

sMASH wrote:she should get some reprimand for the racist ting. she was blatantly, overtly racist and that will not help anything.

And kants like Darryl Dookoo does be getting real mileage .Apparently racism only works one way..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 20th, 2019, 9:32 am

timelapse wrote:
sMASH wrote:she should get some reprimand for the racist ting. she was blatantly, overtly racist and that will not help anything.

And kants like Darryl Dookoo does be getting real mileage .Apparently racism only works one way..

I think Dookoo is a good soilder, shows the true PNM sprit

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » April 20th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Prepare to see more cuts in tv this political season.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 20th, 2019, 1:15 pm

aaron17 wrote:Prepare to see more cuts in tv this political season.
I banned all local TV and cable in my board shak

Tuner will be hiring the PNM bloggers and probably run PNM ads cause Dwane have to eat ah food

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 20th, 2019, 1:30 pm

zoom rader wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Prepare to see more cuts in tv this political season.
I banned all local TV and cable in my board shak

Tuner will be hiring the PNM bloggers and probably run PNM ads cause Dwane have to eat ah food

AHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHA :lol:

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » May 14th, 2019, 10:58 pm

Amplia supervisor resigns over leak of racist rant

An investigation into the leak of a customer’s racist rant, recorded by Amplia Communications, has resulted in the resignation of a supervisor.

Amplia’s managing director, Lisa Agard, told the Express on Monday that Amplia, formerly Massy Communications, was concerned about the leak of the recording as it breached the company’s privacy policy.

Source

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 15th, 2019, 5:29 am

What should have happened is that Amplia should have discontinued nalini service.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 15th, 2019, 5:38 am

Good move by amplia

No matter the persons opinion the recording should have never been made public.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 15th, 2019, 7:26 am

88sins wrote:What should have happened is that Amplia should have discontinued nalini service.
Customer is always right.

I don't blame her ,

I plet away enough TV when they aired Rowlee bumping his gum.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 15th, 2019, 8:18 am

Ahah....privacy policy...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 20th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Nalini wants $.3M for Amplia “leak”

THE woman featured last month in a racist rant over People’s National Movement advertisements infiltrating her Zee TV Indian cable channel has sued Amplia Communications for breach of confidentiality.

Lawyers for Nalini Ramai sent a pre-action protocol letter on Friday to Amplia Communications, acknowledging her racist remarks, but contends it was a private and confidential telephone conversation which should not have been revealed to the public.

Amplia Communications (formerly Massy Communications) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TSTT.

On April 12, Ramai spoke to a customer service representative (CSR) expressing dissatisfaction over interruption of Zee TV programmes, which was part of her cable package. The program which airs East Indian soap operas, singing and dancing among other similar type shows from Bollywood, was frequently interrupted by PNM broadcasts, Ramai said in the letter. During the conversation with the CSR, she made derogatory remarks about Prime Minister Dr Rowley, adding that she happened to switch to the Zee TV channel, only to be greeted by a national address by him.

Ramai is admitting she used graphic racial slurs, but her attorney Jeevan Andrew Rampersad said that on the next day, his client called the Office of the Prime Minister and apologised.

By that time, the letter said, the audio clip of the conversation had already made the rounds on Facebook which evoked a barrage of criticisms against Ramai.

Amplia launched an investigation into how the voice recording was leaked. Last week Monday, it was reported that an Amplia supervisor resigned.

Rampersad called on Amplia to pay Ramai $300,000 in damages for breach of confidentiality, saying it was only the company that had possession of the recording. He said to disclose the audio clip was a breach of contract between the caller and the company.

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2019/05/20/woman- ... plia-leak/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 20th, 2019, 6:51 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Nalini wants $.3M for Amplia “leak”

THE woman featured last month in a racist rant over People’s National Movement advertisements infiltrating her Zee TV Indian cable channel has sued Amplia Communications for breach of confidentiality.

Lawyers for Nalini Ramai sent a pre-action protocol letter on Friday to Amplia Communications, acknowledging her racist remarks, but contends it was a private and confidential telephone conversation which should not have been revealed to the public.

Amplia Communications (formerly Massy Communications) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TSTT.

On April 12, Ramai spoke to a customer service representative (CSR) expressing dissatisfaction over interruption of Zee TV programmes, which was part of her cable package. The program which airs East Indian soap operas, singing and dancing among other similar type shows from Bollywood, was frequently interrupted by PNM broadcasts, Ramai said in the letter. During the conversation with the CSR, she made derogatory remarks about Prime Minister Dr Rowley, adding that she happened to switch to the Zee TV channel, only to be greeted by a national address by him.

Ramai is admitting she used graphic racial slurs, but her attorney Jeevan Andrew Rampersad said that on the next day, his client called the Office of the Prime Minister and apologised.

By that time, the letter said, the audio clip of the conversation had already made the rounds on Facebook which evoked a barrage of criticisms against Ramai.

Amplia launched an investigation into how the voice recording was leaked. Last week Monday, it was reported that an Amplia supervisor resigned.

Rampersad called on Amplia to pay Ramai $300,000 in damages for breach of confidentiality, saying it was only the company that had possession of the recording. He said to disclose the audio clip was a breach of contract between the caller and the company.

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2019/05/20/woman- ... plia-leak/
Good this is right direction and approach to take.

Service companies need to step up there data protection and laws should be introduced to protect both parties.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 21st, 2019, 5:55 am

zoom rader wrote:Good this is right direction and approach to take.

Service companies need to step up there data protection and laws should be introduced to protect both parties.

Yes, and no. Apparently she doesn't know that is a case of maggots she opening up, and that she herself can be sued, and if the csr or amplia were to take it to the extreme she could make a jail.
The csr should actually start proceedings against her, and it would be a VERY easy win. because plenty ppl eh notice something. Up to this day, I have not seen nor heard ANY evidence that shows that country mook ever even offered to apologize to the csr that she actually verbally abused without reason on two separate occasions. That alone is evidence enough to cost here more than she bargained for.

& as to her suing Amplia for breach of confidentiality, that's a non starter.
These call centers recorded greetings when you call tend to state that your call may be monitored or recorded to ensure quality service or for other reasons. They generally do not explicitly state that all calls will be kept confidential, & there's reasons for that, and that is why she likely won't win that case. Now, if two persons have a conversation, and neither of them at the opening nor closing nor along the duration of the conversation asked or stated that the conversation should be kept in confidence, it would be very stupid to assume an implied confidentiality where none exists, especially in an instance where one party is engaged in wrongdoing during the discussion.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 21st, 2019, 6:34 am

88sins wrote:

Yes, and no. Apparently she doesn't know that is a case of maggots she opening up, and that she herself can be sued, and if the csr or amplia were to take it to the extreme she could make a jail.
The csr should actually start proceedings against her, and it would be a VERY easy win. because plenty ppl eh notice something. Up to this day, I have not seen nor heard ANY evidence that shows that country mook ever even offered to apologize to the csr that she actually verbally abused without reason on two separate occasions. That alone is evidence enough to cost here more than she bargained for.

These call centers recorded greetings when you call tend to state that your call may be monitored or recorded to ensure quality service or for other reasons. They generally do not explicitly state that all calls will be kept confidential, & there's reasons for that, and that is why she likely won't win that case. Now, if two persons have a conversation, and neither of them at the opening nor closing nor along the duration of the conversation asked or stated that the conversation should be kept in confidence, it would be very stupid to assume an implied confidentiality where none exists, especially in an instance where one party is engaged in wrongdoing during the discussion.
It's a start in the right direction.
The next set of clowns will think twice when making a call and receiving a call for a their employer.

The Csr, did not have the right training in dealing with her. He purposely prolonged it as he knew what he was aiming for. In other words he was baiting her when he got what he wanted he hang up.

A proffesional csr would have warned her that the call is being recorded a second time and the abuse he is receiving. He would have also given her his supervisor number to escalate her concern for a better service.

The company is at fault here for a lack of proper training.

Race and hate laws need to be introduced, this goverment don't seem to want to bill it as it profits them.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 21st, 2019, 7:03 am

zoom rader wrote:The Csr, did not have the right training in dealing with her. He purposely prolonged it as he knew what he was aiming for. In other words he was baiting her when he got what he wanted he hang up.

A proffesional csr would have warned her that the call is being recorded a second time and the abuse he is receiving. He would have also given her his supervisor number to escalate her concern for a better service.

The company is at fault here

Good point, not sure he was baiting her though — probably just shell-shocked.

In a former workplace, CSRs were taught to end calls if customers became belligerent usually prefacing the termination with a reason such as "Sir/ma'am I am going to discontinue this call because of your behaviour". Most of the time the perpetrators would calm down, follow up and get their business sorted.

The few who persisted got a 2nd and 3rd dose as needed...:|
Last edited by hydroep on May 21st, 2019, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 21st, 2019, 7:24 am

hydroep wrote:
zoom rader wrote:The Csr, did not have the right training in dealing with her. He purposely prolonged it as he knew what he was aiming for. In other words he was baiting her when he got what he wanted he hang up.

The company is at fault here

Good point, not sure if he was baiting her though — it's possible he was shell-shocked.

In a former workplace, CSRs were taught to end calls if customers became belligerent usually prefacing the termination with a reason such as "Sir/ma'am I am going to discontinue this call because of your behaviour". Most of the time the perpetrators would calm down, follow up and get their business sorted.

The few who persisted got a 2nd and 3rd dose as needed...:|
When you do proper CSR training they role play all levels of complaint , abuse and how to handle each. There are methods used in handing abusive customers and how to calm them down.

CSR agent is not at fault here unless he received the training. Company is at fault for not providing the right traning.

This is why more of these companies need to be sued and get their act together.

A call to goverment to Introduce race and hate laws is needed

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 21st, 2019, 7:38 am

Ignorance of the law is no excuse from the law, ever hear dat?
Just because it isn't explicit, doesn't mean it isn't implicit.
The prerecordings just reminding people that their words are being recorded, it not telling Them about all their rights and privelidges.

So, on one hand I have the amplia workers violating customer confidentiality, and the supervisor firing is admission of that.
She entitled to pursue that and get money.

But, she should have left that there, cause the reason y they record the convos, is fir scenario like this self, to gave evidence to jam unreasonable customers.

She did apologize to Rowley and NOT the csr, who was the one receiving the tirade.
88sins wrote:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 21st, 2019, 7:42 am

Amplia CAN refuse the right to service to a customer if they wish. They DO NOT have a right to release private recordings to the public, no matter what they contain. This case should have been transferred directly to a manager, service terminated, and story archived for training purposes.

But you see how agendas have to be set because elections coming up soon. How was the recording released to the public? And in that Nalini has a good case. But Amplia has all the big lawyers who will turn around and countersue Nalini for all she house and land and dog.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 21st, 2019, 7:45 am

sMASH wrote:Ignorance of the law is no excuse from the law, ever hear dat?
Just because it isn't explicit, doesn't mean it isn't implicit.
The prerecordings just reminding people that their words are being recorded, it not telling Them about all their rights and privelidges.

So, on one hand I have the amplia workers violating customer confidentiality, and the supervisor firing is admission of that.
She entitled to pursue that and get money.

But, she should have left that there, cause the reason y they record the convos, is fir scenario like this self, to gave evidence to jam unreasonable customers.

She did apologize to Rowley and NOT the csr, who was the one receiving the tirade.
88sins wrote:

What law bro?

Are there race and hate laws in Trinidad?

Everyday the N word is use , who make a jail for it ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 21st, 2019, 11:51 am

zr et al, ever heard of verbal assault?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 21st, 2019, 12:03 pm

88sins wrote:zr et al, ever heard of verbal assault?

Is this a thing now?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 21st, 2019, 1:06 pm

rollingstock wrote:

Is this a thing now?

I can't rightly recall exactly where I saw it but I know I saw it somewhere. Was looking for something else and I remember being actually surprised by it. I'll look for it again and post it when I find it.
Iirc, at the very least her conduct qualifies as harrassment according to the ammendmet of the offenses against the person act.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 21st, 2019, 1:46 pm

88sins wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Is this a thing now?

I can't rightly recall exactly where I saw it but I know I saw it somewhere. Was looking for something else and I remember being actually surprised by it. I'll look for it again and post it when I find it.
Iirc, at the very least her conduct qualifies as harrassment according to the ammendmet of the offenses against the person act.
That's not a law, verbal assault?

Defamation of character is , I believe

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 21st, 2019, 2:36 pm

88sins wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Is this a thing now?

This?
Attachments
Screenshot_20190521-143507.png

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 21st, 2019, 5:31 pm

RS, that doesn't look like what I saw.
Screenshot_20190521-172207_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20190521-172235_Drive.jpg

but this is part of the act on harrassment I referred to

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 21st, 2019, 5:45 pm

rollingstock wrote:
88sins wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Is this a thing now?

This?
Then everybody should be charged every day

I collect more cuss from PNM tuners every day

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 21st, 2019, 8:19 pm

88sins wrote:RS, that doesn't look like what I saw. Screenshot_20190521-172207_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20190521-172235_Drive.jpg
but this is part of the act on harrassment I referred to

That wouldn't be relevant in this scenario.
The csr job spec includes dealing with calls related to service complaints.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 21st, 2019, 8:32 pm

yeah zr, u actually right. if all laws were fully enforced almost everyone would have get charged at least once.
thing is just that Trinis extremely casual and generally speaking don't take on anything to the extent where they HAVE to get up and do something, and enforcement is a kinda issue here. our natural lackadaisical attitude is not a very good trait, but is not a entirely bad either.

a lil respect goes a long way. but idk if ppl nowadays understand that. we are all different, not just by race or religion or nationality. is only when ppl start to understand and accept those two things we go see true patriotism and unity here. until then is more SSDD.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”