Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby hydroep » July 18th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Trinis flying out because t'ing too bad/hard.

Venez sailing in because t'ing better here.

Everything relative yes...:|

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » July 18th, 2019, 3:47 pm

^^^Give de venes some time to settle, then they go realize what is what.
Soon they go realize that most people just want to advantage them.
Last edited by vaiostation on July 18th, 2019, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » July 18th, 2019, 3:48 pm

The situations outlined are really sad and for many of us informs the truth about what our country has become.
Our recovery from the demise we have found ourselves in, continues to elude us and we must fight the sense of hopelessness and anger that can become our reality.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » July 19th, 2019, 9:45 am

Gem_in_i wrote:Anyone renounced their TnT citizenship?
Not yet but can't wait to

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 19th, 2019, 4:38 pm

ek4ever wrote:
Gem_in_i wrote:Anyone renounced their TnT citizenship?
Not yet but can't wait to

Very easy to do.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » July 20th, 2019, 7:02 am

hydroep wrote:Trinis flying out because t'ing too bad/hard.

Venez sailing in because t'ing better here.

Everything relative yes...:|

So you saying that we should wait until things get as bad as it is in Venezuela and then fly out? It's sad but Trinidad and Tobago could be much better but according to Pandy, "politics has a morality of it's own". UWI students are usually referred as the "creme de la creme" suggesting that the best normally rises to the top, but for UWI the best is determined by academic performance. In politics it seems as though it's the best of the liars and thieves are sought after. This might work for larger developed nations but for our small "banana republic".....

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » July 24th, 2020, 4:12 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:I'll give my situation. 31 married, 3 month old baby. I'm a us citizen so i have the option to take my family there, but we would be basically starting from scratch. wife's law degree wont mean a thing. im basically self employed so jumping into another country would see me start from zero. We also have the option of going to canada, in fact we applied and received a permanent resident invitation which is about 80% complete. However the same situation applies, though it might be a bit worse in Canada in that they require you to have canadian work experience & education (immigrants wont have this, even though you enter the country based on education/work experience) so you then again have to start from scratch in most fields. Canada is larger than usa with the budget of California. Great high paying jobs have very high competition. even if you are the best of the best, you still have to go through their system for those jobs since almost everything is regulated, unless you wana open your own business. I have a good amount of family support in a few states in usa, wife has family support in canada. Flip side is we enjoy a certain standard of living in trinidad right now esp with tremendous family support, which we wont be able to sustain if we left. Wife has a good secure well paying job with benefits, and im not doing too bad myself, its just a shame the country is the way it is. We cant really get to enjoy things. walking on the street in florida or ontario feels SO MUCH safer than trinidad, sorry to say. I honestly love this place so im torn every morning when i wake up and i have to continually make a decision to stay or leave. Both wife and i agree that leaving would be much better for our child which we probably would end up doing. What hurts me the most is all the car projects ive been doing for years are almost completed and i wont get to enjoy them. ill have to part out or sell wayyyy under what i spent plus all that time+ energy just gone. I think thats why im so on the fence with moving.

Wonder if this guy ever left.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 24th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:I'll give my situation. 31 married, 3 month old baby. I'm a us citizen so i have the option to take my family there, but we would be basically starting from scratch. wife's law degree wont mean a thing. im basically self employed so jumping into another country would see me start from zero. We also have the option of going to canada, in fact we applied and received a permanent resident invitation which is about 80% complete. However the same situation applies, though it might be a bit worse in Canada in that they require you to have canadian work experience & education (immigrants wont have this, even though you enter the country based on education/work experience) so you then again have to start from scratch in most fields. Canada is larger than usa with the budget of California. Great high paying jobs have very high competition. even if you are the best of the best, you still have to go through their system for those jobs since almost everything is regulated, unless you wana open your own business. I have a good amount of family support in a few states in usa, wife has family support in canada. Flip side is we enjoy a certain standard of living in trinidad right now esp with tremendous family support, which we wont be able to sustain if we left. Wife has a good secure well paying job with benefits, and im not doing too bad myself, its just a shame the country is the way it is. We cant really get to enjoy things. walking on the street in florida or ontario feels SO MUCH safer than trinidad, sorry to say. I honestly love this place so im torn every morning when i wake up and i have to continually make a decision to stay or leave. Both wife and i agree that leaving would be much better for our child which we probably would end up doing. What hurts me the most is all the car projects ive been doing for years are almost completed and i wont get to enjoy them. ill have to part out or sell wayyyy under what i spent plus all that time+ energy just gone. I think thats why im so on the fence with moving.

You have plans to leave?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 24th, 2020, 7:19 pm

Zoom educate them nah boy. There is no place like home.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 24th, 2020, 9:09 pm

bluefete wrote:Zoom educate them nah boy. There is no place like home.
I good in this black country.

For folk that want to improve their education or income, they need to have a back up plan .

As we know you pay for everything abroad, even to park your car outside your own home .

I know folk that suffering for years abroad and they are stuck in the system.

Then again other folk big it up aboard ( not PNM ppl) . Abstract Poetic is catching she tun tun living in peoples basements and dreams of TT lifestyle

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 24th, 2020, 10:43 pm

Post covid where exactly do we migrate to? Who have it nice and easy right now especially when it comes to jobs? I doubt anybody want to live in the US in these troubling times but I can see the justification if you're heading to Toronto, London, Sydney and Auckland to name a few.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm

I will be more than happy and feel at ease once PNM ppl migrate however they can.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » July 25th, 2020, 1:06 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:

You have plans to leave?

Thinking of it....kinda in a similar position as the person I replied to.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 25th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:

You have plans to leave?

Thinking of it....kinda in a similar position as the person I replied to.
If you plan to leave, you must have a back up plan due to present climate

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 25th, 2020, 6:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:I will be more than happy and feel at ease once PNM ppl migrate however they can.

The American Rasta in the PNM jersey say the Indian lady will turn here into India so you doh hadda run anywhere .

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 25th, 2020, 8:58 pm

rspann wrote:
zoom rader wrote:I will be more than happy and feel at ease once PNM ppl migrate however they can.

The American Rasta in the PNM jersey say the Indian lady will turn here into India so you doh hadda run anywhere .
That PNM thug deserves a knee

Yet to see an apology from Bailiser house.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » July 25th, 2020, 9:08 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Zoom ah hope you doh send up Yuh preshaa behind dese ting eh. Ah mean, is TnT... You really expect apology and ting?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 25th, 2020, 9:10 pm

viedcht wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Zoom ah hope you doh send up Yuh preshaa behind dese ting eh. Ah mean, is TnT... You really expect apology and ting?
True we dealing with Blank man

I think that vid needs to showed more to educate the public on what we have to deal with.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 25th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Friends,

Join me and the Venezuelan revolution in our support for the People’s National Movement.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 25th, 2020, 9:29 pm

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

Join me and the Venezuelan revolution in our support for the People’s National Movement.
When venes get talent like this then we go talk

https://youtu.be/ZN7qcM_8dWE

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 25th, 2020, 10:06 pm

I see four PNM ministers pull better chune than dat for Diwali .

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 26th, 2020, 8:17 am

rspann wrote:I see four PNM ministers pull better chune than dat for Diwali .

Dem is Ravaan

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » July 26th, 2020, 8:23 am

Nope.
Kewell35 wrote:

fireworks
Street 2NR

Postby fireworks » July 26th, 2020, 10:19 am

I left Trinidad for good a year ago and moved to NY. Got married found a good job and living up in the north country now. Its nice here lots of open space very low crime rates no shootings or murders. Smooth roads hardly any traffic or traffic accidents or crazy drivers, a lot less corona cases than in Trinidad.

Very peaceful BLM protests and No riots here............ Canadian border is just over an hour away by car If things go crazy here.

But Life is pretty cool and laid back compared to life in the over crowded and nasty city. Plus love how I can order stuff online without worrying about if I will get overcharged this time or why I am paying tax on taxes.

My advice moving overseas no matter which country plan ahead stay away from the big cities and all will be well.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 26th, 2020, 10:44 am

^^^ More folk should do like you bro.

I expect more taxes will come, we here live in a stupid country filled with stupid people bro.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » July 26th, 2020, 11:14 am

fireworks wrote:I left Trinidad for good a year ago and moved to NY. Got married found a good job and living up in the north country now. Its nice here lots of open space very low crime rates no shootings or murders. Smooth roads hardly any traffic or traffic accidents or crazy drivers, a lot less corona cases than in Trinidad.

Very peaceful BLM protests and No riots here............ Canadian border is just over an hour away by car If things go crazy here.

But Life is pretty cool and laid back compared to life in the over crowded and nasty city. Plus love how I can order stuff online without worrying about if I will get overcharged this time or why I am paying tax on taxes.

My advice moving overseas no matter which country plan ahead stay away from the big cities and all will be well.

What field are you in ? Did it require any qualifying exams ?what type of visa do you have ?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 26th, 2020, 11:47 am

fireworks wrote:I left Trinidad for good a year ago and moved to NY. Got married found a good job and living up in the north country now. Its nice here lots of open space very low crime rates no shootings or murders. Smooth roads hardly any traffic or traffic accidents or crazy drivers, a lot less corona cases than in Trinidad.

Upstate can be a very nice place to live. Not everyone does well with the cold but it was pleasantly mild when I was there this last winter.

Kenjo wrote:What field are you in ? Did it require any qualifying exams ?what type of visa do you have ?

Take a look at Glassdoor.com or Carreerbuilder.com for posted openings by region... there are many.

Your chances of getting an H1B visa in the USA will be very limited, assuming one is needed.

fireworks
Street 2NR

Postby fireworks » July 26th, 2020, 12:13 pm

adnj wrote:

Upstate can be a very nice place to live. Not everyone does well with the cold but it was pleasantly mild when I was there this last winter.

Kenjo wrote:What field are you in ? Did it require any qualifying exams ?what type of visa do you have ?

Take a look at <a class="vglnk" href="http://Glassdoor.com" rel="nofollow"><span>Glassdoor</span><span>.</span><span>com</span></a> or <a class="vglnk" href="http://Carreerbuilder.com" rel="nofollow"><span>Carreerbuilder</span><span>.</span><span>com</span></a> for posted openings by region... there are many.

Your chances of getting an H1B visa in the USA will be very limited, though.

Not as cold as it can get in canada but yes last winter was mild.

Yeah don’t think any new work visas are being processed. If you have one and you are in the country you will get a renewal once you still have your job. I am in telecommunications field so I applied and got a job with spectrum. More people working and schooling from home or streaming more so lots of vacancies. They offer training to get you up to speed nothing hard.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » July 26th, 2020, 12:19 pm

The only issue is the loneliness/sense of community that you have in trinidad.

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » July 26th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Serious question.
Anyone ever thought about moving to the likes of Indonesia or Malaysia or know anyone that has? Similar climate, low cost of living and crime, yes they are prone to some serious natural disasters and terrorism at times, plus the language barrier might be steep.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”