this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby timelapse » January 17th, 2022, 1:22 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
timelapse wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Better quality life at the end of the day.
They already had a better quality of life bro.Is the low income families that suffer everywhere trying to live an honest life

May be true but living in the US rich trumps living in Trinidad rich as a young person.
Better is a relative term

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 17th, 2022, 1:28 pm

timelapse wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
timelapse wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Better quality life at the end of the day.
They already had a better quality of life bro.Is the low income families that suffer everywhere trying to live an honest life

May be true but living in the US rich trumps living in Trinidad rich as a young person.
Better is a relative term

Well let's say for most people it is.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 17th, 2022, 3:24 pm

timelapse wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
bluefete wrote:
agent007 wrote:As for my family, our plans to migrate has been shelved atm due to circumstances out of our control. To those who made the leap, all the best. For those who are thinking, do so with greater detail than approaching a marriage. Ask yourself seriously if this is what you want to do.

What is for you is for you.

If it is meant to be, it will happen in the future.

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

I have never regretted coming back home. I prefer to build my own country than someone else's. As bad as things are in T&T, it could always be worse.

I remember, in December, going by a mechanic to fix the car and the amount of ole talk that was happening made me thankful.

Blue

I don't believe in "building a country" tbh. I think that is something meant to brainwash our population by politicians/political class to lower the chance of brain drain. Just remember that all those politicians' kids reside abroad. That's no coincidence. Their plan is to suck the country dry and leave when it have nothing left. They aint building anything.

This country at this point resembles a kleptocracy.

I building where I getting value for my taxes, security for property and interests on my investments.

Very true. I feel is something people say just to make themselves better about having to come back to Trinidad. 1% send their children abroad to get educated and live.
1% send their children abroad to keep them away physically from their criminal activities.Also to make money laundering easier.
1% kids don't really take education cause they don't need it.

You are correct that they send them away to really launder money.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 17th, 2022, 4:16 pm

Lmao.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 10th, 2022, 10:46 am

Today's the big day. Sitting in Piarco as I type this. Leaving Trinidad feels bittersweet, but it's onward to new adventures now.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 10th, 2022, 11:00 am

triniterribletim wrote:Today's the big day. Sitting in Piarco as I type this. Leaving Trinidad feels bittersweet, but it's onward to new adventures now.
If yuh coming back, bring a carton of Benson and Hedges menthol for your boy nah.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » March 10th, 2022, 11:02 am

triniterribletim wrote:Today's the big day. Sitting in Piarco as I type this. Leaving Trinidad feels bittersweet, but it's onward to new adventures now.

Nice, i left Trinidad in 2016 never looked back and 6 years later , have my own home , own 2 private Businesses , have way more savings and wey more stress free . let me give you advice ,try not to get into debt ,mainly credit cards or car loans , get something cheap first like a corolla to get yourself from here to there ,did you obtain Driving abstract for experience ,to get some credit when you go for your drivers permit ?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » March 10th, 2022, 12:21 pm

timelapse wrote:
If yuh coming back, bring a carton of Benson and Hedges menthol for your boy nah.

gosh boy that does go down good....

dunhill menthol is no comparison.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » March 10th, 2022, 12:22 pm

where you heading off to?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 10th, 2022, 12:26 pm

If he say Tobago I will ded

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby MaxPower » March 10th, 2022, 2:12 pm

timelapse wrote:

Ahhh boi benson and hedges.

That was like gold when we start to pull cigarette back in the day.

I used to settle with $4.50 1/2 pack of Mt.dor or Broadway and ah Flamant.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 10th, 2022, 2:18 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:

Given the time of posting, being in Piarco, he probably is on the BW482 flight to Orlando right now enjoying some nice tax dollars funded brand new max8 aircraft.

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » March 10th, 2022, 3:06 pm

7C9CC953-A2BC-4F6C-877D-B76F34B87A77.jpeg

Welcome to a lot less stress…..unless

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby MaxPower » March 10th, 2022, 3:17 pm

agent007 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Given the time of posting, being in Piarco, he probably is on the BW482 flight to Orlando right now enjoying some nice tax dollars funded brand new max8 aircraft.

More like 737-8 (dash 8) is what they call it.

Apparently CAL took off the word “Max” on all their aircraft and staff are not to use that word anywhere because Trinis would be traumatized.

Everywhere in the world has Max written all over but CAL with their stupid idea decided to be different. It’s a Boeing 737 MAX, why change the name and hide it from the passengers.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 10th, 2022, 3:28 pm

MaxPower wrote:
agent007 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

More like 737-8 (dash 8) is what they call it.

Apparently CAL took off the word “Max” on all their aircraft and staff are not to use that word anywhere because Trinis would be traumatized.

Everywhere in the world has Max written all over but CAL with their stupid idea decided to be different. It’s a Boeing 737 MAX, why change the name and hide it from the passengers.
Because any plane marked Max will only be coming to Trinidad from Venezuela and returning empty.Not very profitable

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 10th, 2022, 3:36 pm

timelapse wrote: Because any plane marked Max will only be coming to Trinidad from Venezuela and returning empty.Not very profitable

times,

The way things going it gonna be returning full capacity….imagine the amount of locals sending tickets for their Venezuelan neighbors with work payments readily available upon arrival.

Good business for CAL.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 10th, 2022, 4:33 pm

737-8Power

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 10th, 2022, 4:39 pm

K74T wrote:737-8Power

Love it

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 10th, 2022, 4:48 pm

agent007 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Actually I caught the 12:30 to Paramaribo and I'm gonna be on the 1:45 on Sunday morning to Belém do Para and then onwards to Florianopolis. Gonna explore new and potentially untapped opportunities in Brazil.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 10th, 2022, 6:08 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
agent007 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Actually I caught the 12:30 to Paramaribo and I'm gonna be on the 1:45 on Sunday morning to Belém do Para and then onwards to Florianopolis. Gonna explore new and potentially untapped opportunities in Brazil.
Do not,I repeat,do not drink any Ratamahata, especially in bush areas

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » March 10th, 2022, 6:16 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
agent007 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

lol I had a feeling there was a slight chance you wasn’t heading up in the cold

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » March 10th, 2022, 6:26 pm

Good to hear Timmy. Enjoy the Trini-Free experience.

Fed-up hearing of trinis leaving trinidad to move to the exact same "caribbean community" in US/Ca/UK.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 13th, 2022, 6:09 am

Finally got here after a couple fun days in Suriname. Wasn't nearly as much trouble as I thought it might be. Brazilian customs just waved me through after stamping my passport even though I was carrying two Macs and two PCs, but they were giving a Brazilian woman hell because she somehow managed to check an entire washing machine as her checked luggage. Brazil really hits different, not like the US or Canada or Europe or Japan. I feel like this is some place where magical things can happen, hopefully not involving actual juju.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » March 13th, 2022, 7:46 am

triniterribletim wrote:they were giving a Brazilian woman hell because she somehow managed to check an entire washing machine as her checked luggage.

Apparently they love washing machines over there. You should look into importing some. Bigger the better, smarter the better.

https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/brazil-laundry-appliances-market-industry

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 13th, 2022, 8:00 am

triniterribletim wrote:Finally got here after a couple fun days in Suriname. Wasn't nearly as much trouble as I thought it might be. Brazilian customs just waved me through after stamping my passport even though I was carrying two Macs and two PCs, but they were giving a Brazilian woman hell because she somehow managed to check an entire washing machine as her checked luggage. Brazil really hits different, not like the US or Canada or Europe or Japan. I feel like this is some place where magical things can happen, hopefully not involving actual juju.

Brazil is really nice. Pleasant weather(sunny but cool). The people are friendly and mannerly. They take good care of themselves and have a good work/life balance. I find it a good compromise for someone who accustomed to slow pace of the Caribbean …. Not rat race but not outright lazy.
Stay out of the favelas but that’s not hard because I wouldn’t expect someone visiting to take a stroll through east POS.

FuadAdnan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FuadAdnan » March 13th, 2022, 6:25 pm

anyone ever ate at joy's roti shop? how all you find the food is there?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 13th, 2022, 6:43 pm

FuadAdnan wrote:anyone ever ate at joy's roti shop? how all you find the food is there?

It’s only good when you missing home …. Would be below mediocre if it were a local place.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 13th, 2022, 6:55 pm

FuadAdnan wrote:anyone ever ate at joy's roti shop? how all you find the food is there?

Only ever had Curry from Ali's in Plantation and Lucky City in Margate. Good enough to satisfy a craving for home cooked food but not as good as some of our mid tier offerings in TT.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » March 16th, 2022, 7:37 am

timelapse wrote:If he say Tobago I will ded

Well that would suck.

FuadAdnan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FuadAdnan » March 23rd, 2022, 4:15 pm

Thanks guys. Joy's was ok.

Advertisement