Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

FuadAdnan
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby FuadAdnan » March 23rd, 2022, 4:16 pm

One of the best things about moving away is when you come home after a hard day's work and knowing that your children will have a better future. It's such a satisfying feeling.

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » March 23rd, 2022, 5:06 pm

whey u gone?

TobagoAK
Trinituner Peong

Postby TobagoAK » March 23rd, 2022, 6:01 pm

Some days I still get upset that I was pulled away at such a young age but I guess it was for the best.

I still got friends who are want to leave.

Been abroad since ‘97

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 23rd, 2022, 6:33 pm

TobagoAK wrote:Some days I still get upset that I was pulled away at such a young age but I guess it was for the best.

I still got friends who are want to leave.

Been abroad since ‘97
Had u stayed you would have become

A . A Gunta
B. A red government voter.
C. In Jail

You better off abroad

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » March 27th, 2022, 11:08 pm

IMG_3169.JPG

Hey 2ners a “GT “ 4 years and some months it took me ,being a Permanent Resident to Citizenship , always kept my head high .

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » March 28th, 2022, 1:58 pm

ruffrider27 wrote:IMG_3169.JPG.

Hey 2ners a “GT “ 4 years and some months it took me ,being a Permanent Resident to Citizenship , always kept my head high .

Ahh $hit congrats man no more merica vezay to apply for :lol:

got one of the most powerfull PP in the world there.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 28th, 2022, 2:07 pm

ruffrider27 wrote:
IMG_3169.JPG

Jah bless , you escaped the red government hell hole

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 28th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Congratulations ruffrider!

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » March 28th, 2022, 4:32 pm

ruffrider27 wrote:Hey 2ners a “GT “ 4 years and some months it took me ,being a Permanent Resident to Citizenship , always kept my head high .
Care to share your story?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 28th, 2022, 5:04 pm

Awaits Ruffrider apologizing for everything and saying 'aye'

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » March 28th, 2022, 5:42 pm

neilsingh100 wrote:
ruffrider27 wrote:Hey 2ners a “GT “ 4 years and some months it took me ,being a Permanent Resident to Citizenship , always kept my head high .

“Yo” what you want to know ?
“Aye”

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » March 28th, 2022, 6:03 pm

ruffrider27 wrote:
neilsingh100 wrote:

“Yo” what you want to know ?
“Aye”
When did you migrate?
What route you took migrate (e.g. Express Entry)?
What industry are you in?
Quality of life/Cost of living compared to T&T?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » June 22nd, 2022, 11:49 pm

Update Time

Been about three months since I moved. Been having a great time in Brazil. Visited both São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Went to the Pantanal and the Northeast. Now on to the nitty gritty.

- Culture - Very similar to Trinidad in a lot of respects. Almost no one speaks English so Portuguese know how/ Google Translate is a must.

- Food / Drinks - Top notch and cheap. All the usual chains and then some that aren't present in Trinidad (Taco Bell, Applebee's, Olive Garden). Local is always better though. All you can eat buffets common here for around 60 TTD per person or build your own plate for around 25 TTD. Huge lunches for around 20 TTD. Hot dogs and burgers are more like Subway sandwiches here. Caribbean food non-existent. Beers start at 3 TTD. The local liquor called Cachaça, which is similar to rum goes for about 13 TTD for a 1 litre. Vodka, gin, tequila and whiskey are all cheaper than in TT. Drinkers would love it here.

- Shopping - Grocery items are cheap as Brazil is a net food exporter. Meat and eggs and dairy are plentiful. Clothes are also quite cheap. Chain stores and malls are ubiquitous in the larger cities. Warehouse shopping and hypermarkets are also present in most larger cities.
Furniture and appliances are cheaper than in T&T as well. The only thing that is really expensive here is imported tech due to tariffs. If you don't need the latest Apple or Samsung, you should be fine. Xiaomi still has competitive prices. Credit card usage / Instant Transfers called Pix is ubiquitous. From the coconut man to the dentist.

- Rent / Buying a house - Rent in a nice residential area with recently built apartments ( less than 2 years old ) with armed security, NFC access control and electric fencing with all the creature comforts ( pool, gym, party area, playground ) well lit causeways etc. runs you around 1000 TTD per month with free gas. The apartment can be outright bought for around 150 000 TTD with only a condo fee to be paid each month ( around 150 TTD per month ) . Electricity and Water and Internet so far have not run me more than 300 TTD in total.

- Climate / Nature - It's currently winter, so sometimes it will dip to the upper single digits, if you can't handle cold weather then it's advisable to pack warm clothes. The beaches and nature experiences are all first class and marketed very well. Caura has nothing on the Rio Sucuri. Maracas wishes it was Copacabana or Ipanema Beach. Very pleasant experiences ( waterside bar and restaurants, camel rides ). To say nothing of the Lençóis
Maranhenses ( look it up on YouTube). Capybaras here are almost like dogs, very chill animals.

- Transportation / Fuel costs - Transport is cheap with Uber / 99 Taxi. Safe and efficient. There is a very clean and well maintained city bus system that is on time that runs you around 6 TTD one way. Gas is a bit more expensive than in TT but they have cheap biofuel and most cars here can run just fine on it. There are new cars here cheaper than foreign used ones in TT. Lots of European and American models. Fiat is very popular. Intercity buses are comfortable and cost effective though there are no analogues to those in Trinidad. Flying is also pretty cheap internally and externally ( except to Trinidad of course, cheaper to go to Japan from here ) with frequent deals to various destinations locally and abroad.

- Medical Care - Doctors and Dentists seem to be everywhere. Only had to go to the dentist so far but had some work done for around 1500 TTD that would have cost twice or three times that in TT ( got quotes before I left ). Done in a pleasant and modern facility by a very nice Japanese doctor. Even had massage chairs for the patients.

- Residency and Other Fun Stuff - Residency is easy to get once you cross a certain investment threshold or marry a Brazilian / have a kid here. The whole process took me around three months, which is what you have visa free ( one extension is possible for TT passport holders ). You are then entitled to receive a work permit and a tax ID and Resident Foreigner ID. You can apply for naturalization after two years of residence. The passport is a bit stronger than the TT one, with 29 more countries with visa free access, though not to the US, Canada, Japan, Australia or NZ.

Given the economic turmoil in Trinidad, it seems that I managed to slip out just before things got too bad. Starting over in a new country has its' ups and downs, but Brazil is a vibrant place with many opportunities for those who aren't afraid to strike out on their own and off the beaten path.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 23rd, 2022, 12:29 am

Good review Tims.

How's the economy doing recently with the worldwide inflation? What about political stability?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 23rd, 2022, 12:36 am

triniterribletim wrote:Update Time

Been about three months since I moved. Been having a great time in Brazil. Visited both São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Went to the Pantanal and the Northeast. Now on to the nitty gritty.

- Culture - Very similar to Trinidad in a lot of respects. Almost no one speaks English so Portuguese know how/ Google Translate is a must.

- Food / Drinks - Top notch and cheap. All the usual chains and then some that aren't present in Trinidad (Taco Bell, Applebee's, Olive Garden). Local is always better though. All you can eat buffets common here for around 60 TTD per person or build your own plate for around 25 TTD. Huge lunches for around 20 TTD. Hot dogs and burgers are more like Subway sandwiches here. Caribbean food non-existent. Beers start at 3 TTD. The local liquor called Cachaça, which is similar to rum goes for about 13 TTD for a 1 litre. Vodka, gin, tequila and whiskey are all cheaper than in TT. Drinkers would love it here.

- Shopping - Grocery items are cheap as Brazil is a net food exporter. Meat and eggs and dairy are plentiful. Clothes are also quite cheap. Chain stores and malls are ubiquitous in the larger cities. Warehouse shopping and hypermarkets are also present in most larger cities.
Furniture and appliances are cheaper than in T&T as well. The only thing that is really expensive here is imported tech due to tariffs. If you don't need the latest Apple or Samsung, you should be fine. Xiaomi still has competitive prices. Credit card usage / Instant Transfers called Pix is ubiquitous. From the coconut man to the dentist.

- Rent / Buying a house - Rent in a nice residential area with recently built apartments ( less than 2 years old ) with armed security, NFC access control and electric fencing with all the creature comforts ( pool, gym, party area, playground ) well lit causeways etc. runs you around 1000 TTD per month with free gas. The apartment can be outright bought for around 150 000 TTD with only a condo fee to be paid each month ( around 150 TTD per month ) . Electricity and Water and Internet so far have not run me more than 300 TTD in total.

- Climate / Nature - It's currently winter, so sometimes it will dip to the upper single digits, if you can't handle cold weather then it's advisable to pack warm clothes. The beaches and nature experiences are all first class and marketed very well. Caura has nothing on the Rio Sucuri. Maracas wishes it was Copacabana or Ipanema Beach. Very pleasant experiences ( waterside bar and restaurants, camel rides ). To say nothing of the Lençóis
Maranhenses ( look it up on YouTube). Capybaras here are almost like dogs, very chill animals.

- Transportation / Fuel costs - Transport is cheap with Uber / 99 Taxi. Safe and efficient. There is a very clean and well maintained city bus system that is on time that runs you around 6 TTD one way. Gas is a bit more expensive than in TT but they have cheap biofuel and most cars here can run just fine on it. There are new cars here cheaper than foreign used ones in TT. Lots of European and American models. Fiat is very popular. Intercity buses are comfortable and cost effective though there are no analogues to those in Trinidad. Flying is also pretty cheap internally and externally ( except to Trinidad of course, cheaper to go to Japan from here ) with frequent deals to various destinations locally and abroad.

- Medical Care - Doctors and Dentists seem to be everywhere. Only had to go to the dentist so far but had some work done for around 1500 TTD that would have cost twice or three times that in TT ( got quotes before I left ). Done in a pleasant and modern facility by a very nice Japanese doctor. Even had massage chairs for the patients.

- Residency and Other Fun Stuff - Residency is easy to get once you cross a certain investment threshold or marry a Brazilian / have a kid here. The whole process took me around three months, which is what you have visa free ( one extension is possible for TT passport holders ). You are then entitled to receive a work permit and a tax ID and Resident Foreigner ID. You can apply for naturalization after two years of residence. The passport is a bit stronger than the TT one, with 29 more countries with visa free access, though not to the US, Canada, Japan, Australia or NZ.

Given the economic turmoil in Trinidad, it seems that I managed to slip out just before things got too bad. Starting over in a new country has its' ups and downs, but Brazil is a vibrant place with many opportunities for those who aren't afraid to strike out on their own and off the beaten path.

Can confirm all that was said here. My first time in Brazil made me realize why old white ppl retire in foreign countries. Think I will need to consider that plan even if just for a holiday home. Really miss that place.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » June 23rd, 2022, 12:38 am

triniterribletim wrote:- Rent / Buying a house - Rent in a nice residential area with recently built apartments ( less than 2 years old ) with armed security, NFC access control and electric fencing with all the creature comforts ( pool, gym, party area, playground ) well lit causeways etc. runs you around 1000 TTD per month with free gas. The apartment can be outright bought for around 150 000 TTD with only a condo fee to be paid each month ( around 150 TTD per month ) . Electricity and Water and Internet so far have not run me more than 300 TTD in total.

Wow that's a really good deal.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 23rd, 2022, 6:40 am

Thanks for sharing.
Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side with some adjustments.
Do you find you are picking up the Portuguese by translation and hearing conversation?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 23rd, 2022, 11:15 am

Tim, what is your monthly income and what job do u have?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 23rd, 2022, 11:46 am

^^

So happy and very much elated to see peeps venturing out of T&T !!

It's only the lazy and complainers stay in T&T.

You should spend your youth away from T&T and experience the World .

Peeps will realize that $$ is not as important as you think and life is pure happiness ..

BUT outside !!

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » June 23rd, 2022, 11:47 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

So happy and very much elated to see peeps venturing out of T&T !!

It's only the lazy and complainers stay in T&T.

You should spend your youth away from T&T and experience the World .

Peeps will realize that $$ is not as important as you think and life is pure happiness ..

BUT outside !!

Which countries would you recommend?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 23rd, 2022, 12:34 pm

Triniterribletim, I enjoyed your review on Brazil.

I've never been there before and would never expect it to be a desirous place to live.

Congrats on your move and success. May your journey continue to be blissful.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 23rd, 2022, 12:40 pm

tim...no review on the chicas?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » June 23rd, 2022, 7:22 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Good review Tims.

How's the economy doing recently with the worldwide inflation? What about political stability?

While inflation is present, it's not as severe as it would be elsewhere and commodities are still reasonably priced. The political situation is stable for the moment, though it remains to be seen what will happen if Bolsonaro loses or is reelected come end of the year. Hopefully no political turmoil in the future.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 23rd, 2022, 7:29 pm

all dat good but if your salary going to be 60% lower than trinidad for doing the same job then it may not be beneficial.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » June 23rd, 2022, 7:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:Tim, what is your monthly income and what job do u have?

I got into investing a while back. Ended up cashing out enough to retire at 32. My income varies per month depending on market conditions. I'd say I aim to have around 250 USD per month added to my savings through more of the same after the monthlies are accounted for.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » June 23rd, 2022, 7:51 pm

Dave wrote:Thanks for sharing.
Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side with some adjustments.
Do you find you are picking up the Portuguese by translation and hearing conversation?

Reasonably well, Duolingo also helps a lot.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » June 23rd, 2022, 7:56 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:tim...no review on the chicas?

YMMV, but I'd say more loving, kind and willing to treat a man right than most Trini women.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » June 23rd, 2022, 8:10 pm

Tim

What is a good salary in usd per month for a person to survive and thrive on average in Brazil? Does it even out where things are more expensive in different parts of the country/city.

Do you know if there is anything in place to attract remote workers to Brazil etc?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » June 23rd, 2022, 8:24 pm

Redress10 wrote:Tim

What is a good salary in usd per month for a person to survive and thrive on average in Brazil? Does it even out where things are more expensive in different parts of the country/city.

Do you know if there is anything in place to attract remote workers to Brazil etc?

There is a digital nomad visa, but you have to either prove you have 18K USD in the bank or demonstrate that you have an employment contract that pays that much for remote work. I'd say if you want to live comfortably, 1000 USD per month should do.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » June 23rd, 2022, 9:20 pm

Interesting. Did I read correctly? A home can be bought for 150000 tt. What sort of home and area etc?

I wouldn't mind purchasing a couple and doing up some airbnbs etc. Brazil will always be a tourist destination so it's low risk.

Really considering that nomad visa. Didn't think about settling in Brazil but who knows.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”