TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 124
Joined: July 29th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby sickbad » September 22nd, 2021, 8:11 am

SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


majority of my friends were immigrants from the area you are from and cannadians and others like native canadians.. if its markham, its chinese, if scarborough, caribbean folks, vaughn italian neighborhood.

whatever you are into hobbies, sports there will be like minded persons even -trinis. and at times you may even avoid some of your own.

SuperiorMan
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1000
Joined: December 1st, 2020, 2:35 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby SuperiorMan » September 24th, 2021, 1:44 am

zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


Indians from India don't consider indo trinis as Indians .


Why not?

Redress10
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1886
Joined: July 15th, 2014, 1:04 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby Redress10 » September 24th, 2021, 10:00 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


Indians from India don't consider indo trinis as Indians .


Why not?


Because they are not Indians. Indian is more than just an identity, it is a social construct. Indian identity is very very complex. Two indians born and bred in India could consider each other as foreigners based on the regions that they are from. Indians identify themselves by their caste and regions etc. This determines how they live, pick partners and work etc.

So indos in the caribbean having been away from India for centuries now wouldn't have the sort of roots to establish indian identity. You will have to go back to your ancestors identity and be identified as that. Such as the region and caste that they come from. That's the closest that you will come. You can't say you are trini of indo descent. You are just trinidadian for e.g.

Not sure of the "indo origin" classification though. Zoom might be able to further elaborate on what that would mean. I know it is recognised globally though and it allows for bridges to be built between the varying diasporas.

User avatar
DMan7
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 932
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby DMan7 » September 24th, 2021, 10:04 am

Soo all the rich tuners in here can't sponsor a fellow tuner to the US? I seeing all kinda threads like Building house in the USA and men ain't wanna help out a Trini with a lil sponsor to the US self?

User avatar
MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8938
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby MaxPower » September 24th, 2021, 10:22 am

DMan7 wrote:Soo all the rich tuners in here can't sponsor a fellow tuner to the US? I seeing all kinda threads like Building house in the USA and men ain't wanna help out a Trini with a lil sponsor to the US self?


Trinis for themselves bro, you know this.

They quicker help outsiders.

SuperiorMan
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1000
Joined: December 1st, 2020, 2:35 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby SuperiorMan » September 24th, 2021, 10:45 am

DMan7 wrote:Soo all the rich tuners in here can't sponsor a fellow tuner to the US? I seeing all kinda threads like Building house in the USA and men ain't wanna help out a Trini with a lil sponsor to the US self?


why you want to go US?

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24400
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2021, 10:47 am

Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


Indians from India don't consider indo trinis as Indians .


Why not?


Because they are not Indians. Indian is more than just an identity, it is a social construct. Indian identity is very very complex. Two indians born and bred in India could consider each other as foreigners based on the regions that they are from. Indians identify themselves by their caste and regions etc. This determines how they live, pick partners and work etc.

So indos in the caribbean having been away from India for centuries now wouldn't have the sort of roots to establish indian identity. You will have to go back to your ancestors identity and be identified as that. Such as the region and caste that they come from. That's the closest that you will come. You can't say you are trini of indo descent. You are just trinidadian for e.g.

Not sure of the "indo origin" classification though. Zoom might be able to further elaborate on what that would mean. I know it is recognised globally though and it allows for bridges to be built between the varying diasporas.
Nearly all Trini Indos came from the bhopuri region in Uttar Pardesh with a some Tamils from Madras. The British made sure and only recruited those that came from the Agricultural caste to work here.

Your caste can be identified by your last name and which region your family came from. You can get all these records in the National Archives if your know your foreparents name and Arrival date. These records show the actual village your foreparents came from.

As you said India is very complex and each region have their own local language and customs. If you can't speak their language then you are not of their caste. You cant even marry their daughters unless you big in money or status.

Only the 2rd and 3rd plus generation westernised Indians born outside of India don't really care about India. These are the sets that will inter marry.

It's the same with real Africans.

Lots of fake arse Brahims in Trinidad

daring dragoon
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1017
Joined: November 13th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby daring dragoon » September 24th, 2021, 11:24 am

Fake arse pastor an imams an then it have bald head foreign used burger barrier man that speaks for all moslems an full of sheit.

God has nothing to do with all these religious leaders an religious text. God has a relationship with each an everyone. Covid show us that we dont need any religious leader or text.

SuperiorMan
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1000
Joined: December 1st, 2020, 2:35 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby SuperiorMan » September 24th, 2021, 1:25 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


Indians from India don't consider indo trinis as Indians .


Why not?


Because they are not Indians. Indian is more than just an identity, it is a social construct. Indian identity is very very complex. Two indians born and bred in India could consider each other as foreigners based on the regions that they are from. Indians identify themselves by their caste and regions etc. This determines how they live, pick partners and work etc.

So indos in the caribbean having been away from India for centuries now wouldn't have the sort of roots to establish indian identity. You will have to go back to your ancestors identity and be identified as that. Such as the region and caste that they come from. That's the closest that you will come. You can't say you are trini of indo descent. You are just trinidadian for e.g.

Not sure of the "indo origin" classification though. Zoom might be able to further elaborate on what that would mean. I know it is recognised globally though and it allows for bridges to be built between the varying diasporas.
Nearly all Trini Indos came from the bhopuri region in Uttar Pardesh with a some Tamils from Madras. The British made sure and only recruited those that came from the Agricultural caste to work here.

Your caste can be identified by your last name and which region your family came from. You can get all these records in the National Archives if your know your foreparents name and Arrival date. These records show the actual village your foreparents came from.

As you said India is very complex and each region have their own local language and customs. If you can't speak their language then you are not of their caste. You cant even marry their daughters unless you big in money or status.

Only the 2rd and 3rd plus generation westernised Indians born outside of India don't really care about India. These are the sets that will inter marry.

It's the same with real Africans.

Lots of fake arse Brahims in Trinidad


Hello Zoom,

What is considered good enough in terms of money and status?

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24400
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2021, 2:32 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


Indians from India don't consider indo trinis as Indians .


Why not?


Because they are not Indians. Indian is more than just an identity, it is a social construct. Indian identity is very very complex. Two indians born and bred in India could consider each other as foreigners based on the regions that they are from. Indians identify themselves by their caste and regions etc. This determines how they live, pick partners and work etc.

So indos in the caribbean having been away from India for centuries now wouldn't have the sort of roots to establish indian identity. You will have to go back to your ancestors identity and be identified as that. Such as the region and caste that they come from. That's the closest that you will come. You can't say you are trini of indo descent. You are just trinidadian for e.g.

Not sure of the "indo origin" classification though. Zoom might be able to further elaborate on what that would mean. I know it is recognised globally though and it allows for bridges to be built between the varying diasporas.
Nearly all Trini Indos came from the bhopuri region in Uttar Pardesh with a some Tamils from Madras. The British made sure and only recruited those that came from the Agricultural caste to work here.

Your caste can be identified by your last name and which region your family came from. You can get all these records in the National Archives if your know your foreparents name and Arrival date. These records show the actual village your foreparents came from.

As you said India is very complex and each region have their own local language and customs. If you can't speak their language then you are not of their caste. You cant even marry their daughters unless you big in money or status.

Only the 2rd and 3rd plus generation westernised Indians born outside of India don't really care about India. These are the sets that will inter marry.

It's the same with real Africans.

Lots of fake arse Brahims in Trinidad


Hello Zoom,

What is considered good enough in terms of money and status?
If its for you , once you own your house , stuff etc and are debt free then that is financial freedom. You owe no-one .

Never let ppl know your money worth.

SuperiorMan
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1000
Joined: December 1st, 2020, 2:35 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby SuperiorMan » September 24th, 2021, 2:55 pm

zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


Indians from India don't consider indo trinis as Indians .


Why not?


Because they are not Indians. Indian is more than just an identity, it is a social construct. Indian identity is very very complex. Two indians born and bred in India could consider each other as foreigners based on the regions that they are from. Indians identify themselves by their caste and regions etc. This determines how they live, pick partners and work etc.

So indos in the caribbean having been away from India for centuries now wouldn't have the sort of roots to establish indian identity. You will have to go back to your ancestors identity and be identified as that. Such as the region and caste that they come from. That's the closest that you will come. You can't say you are trini of indo descent. You are just trinidadian for e.g.

Not sure of the "indo origin" classification though. Zoom might be able to further elaborate on what that would mean. I know it is recognised globally though and it allows for bridges to be built between the varying diasporas.
Nearly all Trini Indos came from the bhopuri region in Uttar Pardesh with a some Tamils from Madras. The British made sure and only recruited those that came from the Agricultural caste to work here.

Your caste can be identified by your last name and which region your family came from. You can get all these records in the National Archives if your know your foreparents name and Arrival date. These records show the actual village your foreparents came from.

As you said India is very complex and each region have their own local language and customs. If you can't speak their language then you are not of their caste. You cant even marry their daughters unless you big in money or status.

Only the 2rd and 3rd plus generation westernised Indians born outside of India don't really care about India. These are the sets that will inter marry.

It's the same with real Africans.

Lots of fake arse Brahims in Trinidad


Hello Zoom,

What is considered good enough in terms of money and status?
If its for you , once you own your house , stuff etc and are debt free then that is financial freedom. You owe no-one .

Never let ppl know your money worth.


Zoom, you had said "You cant even marry their daughters unless you big in money or status."

like I meant what you think is good enough in term of money and status for that.

sam1978
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1099
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby sam1978 » September 24th, 2021, 3:08 pm

Zoom, I have a house a car and a good career. I have savings and investments and all in all I have my life well planned out. I don’t vote PNM as I see them as an oppressive party. I voted for the UNC this time around but will not do so again because of the leadership. I have never gotten into any problems with the law and live a decent life. Would you accept me as a suitor for your daughter?


Btw. I’m 100% African descent.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24400
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2021, 3:34 pm

sam1978 wrote:Zoom, I have a house a car and a good career. I have savings and investments and all in all I have my life well planned out. I don’t vote PNM as I see them as an oppressive party. I voted for the UNC this time around but will not do so again because of the leadership. I have never gotten into any problems with the law and live a decent life. Would you accept me as a suitor for your daughter?


Btw. I’m 100% African descent.
I don't sell people bro

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24400
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2021, 3:38 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


Indians from India don't consider indo trinis as Indians .


Why not?


Because they are not Indians. Indian is more than just an identity, it is a social construct. Indian identity is very very complex. Two indians born and bred in India could consider each other as foreigners based on the regions that they are from. Indians identify themselves by their caste and regions etc. This determines how they live, pick partners and work etc.

So indos in the caribbean having been away from India for centuries now wouldn't have the sort of roots to establish indian identity. You will have to go back to your ancestors identity and be identified as that. Such as the region and caste that they come from. That's the closest that you will come. You can't say you are trini of indo descent. You are just trinidadian for e.g.

Not sure of the "indo origin" classification though. Zoom might be able to further elaborate on what that would mean. I know it is recognised globally though and it allows for bridges to be built between the varying diasporas.
Nearly all Trini Indos came from the bhopuri region in Uttar Pardesh with a some Tamils from Madras. The British made sure and only recruited those that came from the Agricultural caste to work here.

Your caste can be identified by your last name and which region your family came from. You can get all these records in the National Archives if your know your foreparents name and Arrival date. These records show the actual village your foreparents came from.

As you said India is very complex and each region have their own local language and customs. If you can't speak their language then you are not of their caste. You cant even marry their daughters unless you big in money or status.

Only the 2rd and 3rd plus generation westernised Indians born outside of India don't really care about India. These are the sets that will inter marry.

It's the same with real Africans.

Lots of fake arse Brahims in Trinidad


Hello Zoom,

What is considered good enough in terms of money and status?
If its for you , once you own your house , stuff etc and are debt free then that is financial freedom. You owe no-one .

Never let ppl know your money worth.


Zoom, you had said "You cant even marry their daughters unless you big in money or status."

like I meant what you think is good enough in term of money and status for that.
Real Indians prefer to marry up meaning they will marry upper caste or those who can make them connections for them. Note for " them" and not for their daughter.

sam1978
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1099
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby sam1978 » September 24th, 2021, 3:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:
sam1978 wrote:Zoom, I have a house a car and a good career. I have savings and investments and all in all I have my life well planned out. I don’t vote PNM as I see them as an oppressive party. I voted for the UNC this time around but will not do so again because of the leadership. I have never gotten into any problems with the law and live a decent life. Would you accept me as a suitor for your daughter?


Btw. I’m 100% African descent.
I don't sell people bro


So , no then?

Redress10
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1886
Joined: July 15th, 2014, 1:04 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby Redress10 » September 24th, 2021, 4:11 pm

Guys remember that India is about 1.5 billion people. So basically 1 out of 7 people in the world are more or less Indian. We here with 1.3 million ppl does find all kinds nonsensical reason to separate and divide ourselves. Could only imagine how complex it will be for a single nation/culture of 1 billion plus.

Karailie
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: May 3rd, 2021, 7:46 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby Karailie » September 24th, 2021, 5:07 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


My husband and I came to Canada with no family members here. I have a few friends from university here and he have some school friends. We initially planned on going to Alberta, but we decided to remain in Toronto a bit and we end up settling here.
There are different communities within GTA, but where we stayed initially has alot of indians. Mostly Punjabi's.

Life in Canada is all about assimilation. You must embrace the culture and people and be proactive in making friendships. Some of my best friends started out as complete strangers who we just decided to talk to. And that friendship allowed us alot of opportunities to experience new things. For example, an indian friend of mine hooked up with a guy from quebec . she moved there with him and invited us to their wedding in Montreal . They had a fairytale wedding in a castle and reception in a vineyard. There are few trini's in this area. When i do meet them up, its like eyyyyy yooo. The trini's I met here are really nice. My husband met a trini man in walmart buying beer and now they are best friends. That guy took us with his family to Niagara Falls and always invites us to do things with them. He used to drop doubles for us too.

My uni friends check on me occasionally on whatsapp and always gives me advice on where to shop, where have deals,etc. I've noticed that the trini's here are more mature and civic minded than trini's back home. They know the struggles of being a new immigrant and doesn't judge you . They live within their means and don't live to impress people.

I now live in a different area with alot of Koreans and Chinese and i've made friends with some of them. They are always so excited to carry me to try their favorite korean foods and now I'm hooked on korean movies.

Recently someone asked me " Why didnt you stay in Trinidad and help build the nation"
I asked them what do you mean. Explain how is that possible when there are no job opportunities for me. My husband worked in the oil industry in trinidad and that closed down. How can we build when we don't have construction materials. I've tried that starting a business thing, and it just didnt pan out. I tried countless times to make a life and career in Trinidad and it never came to fruition. Don't drink the kool aid that the government is selling you. Trinidad is not in a good place. It has not been for the last 7-8 years. If you look at the unemployment rates, it keeps going up every year. The economy is terrible. It was spiraling downwards long before covid and now even worse.
You can sit and wait 10 years for the economic rebound if you like . Not me.

Denial of a fact does not change the facts. Someone wrote above " T&T is no bed of roses but guess what, it's not greener pastures out there either." My friend, you are fantastically wrong. The grass is lush green and thick here. Grass soft and sweet and will make good milk. It is very easy to make a life and career here. There are over 100 immigration pathways to Canada. Its not as difficult as you may think.

Cheers.

Redress10
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1886
Joined: July 15th, 2014, 1:04 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby Redress10 » September 24th, 2021, 5:22 pm

What are the immigration pathways? Does the cold weather get to you?

I have friends who want to migrate to Canada but I don't know anything about that country tbh.

User avatar
timelapse
punchin NOS
Posts: 3492
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby timelapse » September 24th, 2021, 5:34 pm

Redress10 wrote:What are the immigration pathways? Does the cold weather get to you?

I have friends who want to migrate to Canada but I don't know anything about that country tbh.
Clean,cold and full of depressed potheads

User avatar
widdyphuck
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1471
Joined: July 23rd, 2017, 2:24 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby widdyphuck » September 24th, 2021, 5:52 pm

I think the questions that should be answered are;
-What are the legal ways to get a VISA.
-Who do you stay by when you get there.
-How do you seek employment.
-How do you become a citizen.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24400
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2021, 5:53 pm

sam1978 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
sam1978 wrote:Zoom, I have a house a car and a good career. I have savings and investments and all in all I have my life well planned out. I don’t vote PNM as I see them as an oppressive party. I voted for the UNC this time around but will not do so again because of the leadership. I have never gotten into any problems with the law and live a decent life. Would you accept me as a suitor for your daughter?


Btw. I’m 100% African descent.
I don't sell people bro


So , no then?
That decision is not up to me bro .

You can marry if you dumb enough to anyone you choose and they other person can do the same.

If you read my pass post, marriage is outdated, one-sided and a con job.

Marriage is just a legal paper and you don't even have to be married for it to be legal.

User avatar
MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8938
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby MaxPower » September 24th, 2021, 6:43 pm

If i have to migrate, i don’t want to be around too many Trinis.

Can’t handle the ignorance, wajang behavior and the littering.

Being around only a few is just fine but they must be educated, civilized, sophisticated and well spoken.

SuperiorMan
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1000
Joined: December 1st, 2020, 2:35 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby SuperiorMan » September 25th, 2021, 2:32 am

MaxPower wrote:If i have to migrate, i don’t want to be around too many Trinis.

Can’t handle the ignorance, wajang behavior and the littering.

Being around only a few is just fine but they must be educated, civilized, sophisticated and well spoken.


Lol who would you lime with max

User avatar
Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1421
Joined: April 14th, 2019, 11:35 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 25th, 2021, 6:44 am

As soon as someone start describing and there is mention of trinis, trini/caribbean community, I'm out.
That is a huge negative but on the other hand it saves others from making a serious mistake.

Never understood why you would leave Trinidad to go live anywhere near another group of Trinis.
You intentionally wanting to receive bobolee treatment.

Last time I went London for a workshop, I could not hide the fact that I was from Trinidad.
And after the thing finish and people were just meeting others and talking, one woman said she knew very little about Trinidad and would like to visit someday, but then other UK people brought up how the 2 girls got raped in Tobago and a set of other incidents against foreigners.
(This was not too long after that Ratty incident)
And I have to brakes and try to make all kinda excuse for ollor stink rapist.
But yeah boy I was shame AF.
I always stay as far from the "Caribbean communities" as I can.
Getting my stuff from the store and ducking out fast if I see anything looking like Trini is always the best practice.

User avatar
Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1421
Joined: April 14th, 2019, 11:35 am

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 25th, 2021, 7:06 am

SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


I just saw this - avoiding Indians from India is usually a good option as well.
Can't talk too much about the ones in US/CA/UK but in Germany - Frankfurt Cologne Dusseldorf = Pests.
Not violent but persistent whether is to sell you something or beg, and they know quite a few languages if you try to blank them via language barrier.
Middle East/African male refugees and Turkish = Pest Bandit Rapist Peedoze

Avoid all those groups mentioned.
Better off sticking to locals of whichever country, and japanese/koreans are usually not a problem when they are in other people country so they are usually safe to interact with.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24400
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » September 25th, 2021, 7:30 am

Blaze d Chalice wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


I just saw this - avoiding Indians from India is usually a good option as well.
Can't talk too much about the ones in US/CA/UK but in Germany - Frankfurt Cologne Dusseldorf = Pests.
Not violent but persistent whether is to sell you something or beg, and they know quite a few languages if you try to blank them via language barrier.
Middle East/African male refugees and Turkish = Pest Bandit Rapist Peedoze

Avoid all those groups mentioned.
Better off sticking to locals of whichever country, and japanese/koreans are usually not a problem when they are in other people country so they are usually safe to interact with.
Yeah kinda true.

In Milan Italy they had Tamil Indians and they were pest as you described. They were very pushy and demanding that your buy something from on the streets. The Africans were the same, Africans was always trying to sell you some kinda good luck thread on your wrist.

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15456
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2021, 7:39 am

zoom rader wrote:
Blaze d Chalice wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


I just saw this - avoiding Indians from India is usually a good option as well.
Can't talk too much about the ones in US/CA/UK but in Germany - Frankfurt Cologne Dusseldorf = Pests.
Not violent but persistent whether is to sell you something or beg, and they know quite a few languages if you try to blank them via language barrier.
Middle East/African male refugees and Turkish = Pest Bandit Rapist Peedoze

Avoid all those groups mentioned.
Better off sticking to locals of whichever country, and japanese/koreans are usually not a problem when they are in other people country so they are usually safe to interact with.
Yeah kinda true.

In Milan Italy they had Tamil Indians and they were pest as you described. They were very pushy and demanding that your buy something from on the streets. The Africans were the same, Africans was always trying to sell you some kinda good luck thread on your wrist.

Afro rakhi? :lol: :lol:

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24400
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » September 25th, 2021, 10:24 am

De Dragon wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Blaze d Chalice wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?


I just saw this - avoiding Indians from India is usually a good option as well.
Can't talk too much about the ones in US/CA/UK but in Germany - Frankfurt Cologne Dusseldorf = Pests.
Not violent but persistent whether is to sell you something or beg, and they know quite a few languages if you try to blank them via language barrier.
Middle East/African male refugees and Turkish = Pest Bandit Rapist Peedoze

Avoid all those groups mentioned.
Better off sticking to locals of whichever country, and japanese/koreans are usually not a problem when they are in other people country so they are usually safe to interact with.
Yeah kinda true.

In Milan Italy they had Tamil Indians and they were pest as you described. They were very pushy and demanding that your buy something from on the streets. The Africans were the same, Africans was always trying to sell you some kinda good luck thread on your wrist.

Afro rakhi? [emoji38] [emoji38]
Yes

They put these thread bands on your wrist and says it's a good luck charm. They target females.

User avatar
widdyphuck
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1471
Joined: July 23rd, 2017, 2:24 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby widdyphuck » September 25th, 2021, 12:21 pm

Are their any counter arguments for staying in Trinidad as opposed to leaving.
Let's keep the responses intelligent..

User avatar
MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8938
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby MaxPower » September 25th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:As soon as someone start describing and there is mention of trinis, trini/caribbean community, I'm out.
That is a huge negative but on the other hand it saves others from making a serious mistake.

Never understood why you would leave Trinidad to go live anywhere near another group of Trinis.
You intentionally wanting to receive bobolee treatment.

Last time I went London for a workshop, I could not hide the fact that I was from Trinidad.
And after the thing finish and people were just meeting others and talking, one woman said she knew very little about Trinidad and would like to visit someday, but then other UK people brought up how the 2 girls got raped in Tobago and a set of other incidents against foreigners.
(This was not too long after that Ratty incident)
And I have to brakes and try to make all kinda excuse for ollor stink rapist.
But yeah boy I was shame AF.
I always stay as far from the "Caribbean communities" as I can.
Getting my stuff from the store and ducking out fast if I see anything looking like Trini is always the best practice.


X3000

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pugboy and 35 guests