Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby triniterribletim » June 23rd, 2022, 10:01 pm

Redress10 wrote:Interesting. Did I read correctly? A home can be bought for 150000 tt. What sort of home and area etc?

I wouldn't mind purchasing a couple and doing up some airbnbs etc. Brazil will always be a tourist destination so it's low risk.

Really considering that nomad visa. Didn't think about settling in Brazil but who knows.

An apartment in a condominium in a residential development in a smaller city in São Paulo state, I wouldn't think that's ideal for Airbnb stuff. You'd have to look into places in São Paulo proper or Rio de Janeiro and real estate there is at a premium. I basically wanted the quiet, slow life. To be more involved in that sort of way, you'd have to be in a hotspot, but they have their own challenges with cost of living, crime and the urban culture. You can do your research and weigh the pros and cons of such a potential move.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 24th, 2022, 12:16 am

triniterribletim wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Good review Tims.

How's the economy doing recently with the worldwide inflation? What about political stability?

While inflation is present, it's not as severe as it would be elsewhere and commodities are still reasonably priced. The political situation is stable for the moment, though it remains to be seen what will happen if Bolsonaro loses or is reelected come end of the year. Hopefully no political turmoil in the future.

Interesting... thanks for this.

Sounds like everything is going good for you so far, well done and keep us updated.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 15th, 2022, 9:44 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
Redress10 wrote:Tim

What is a good salary in usd per month for a person to survive and thrive on average in Brazil? Does it even out where things are more expensive in different parts of the country/city.

Do you know if there is anything in place to attract remote workers to Brazil etc?

There is a digital nomad visa, but you have to either prove you have 18K USD in the bank or demonstrate that you have an employment contract that pays that much for remote work. I'd say if you want to live comfortably, 1000 USD per month should do.

How much USD did you migrate with?
What did you do with your trini dollars?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 15th, 2022, 10:41 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
Redress10 wrote:Tim

What is a good salary in usd per month for a person to survive and thrive on average in Brazil? Does it even out where things are more expensive in different parts of the country/city.

Do you know if there is anything in place to attract remote workers to Brazil etc?

There is a digital nomad visa, but you have to either prove you have 18K USD in the bank or demonstrate that you have an employment contract that pays that much for remote work. I'd say if you want to live comfortably, 1000 USD per month should do.

How much USD did you migrate with?
What did you do with your trini dollars?

Only took about 5K USD in cash with me. Have my TTD in a local bank account linked to my card. Manage that online. POS transactions only have a 4 TTD fee for each one, plus currency conversion. Spend it bit by bit because everywhere takes credit cards so I'm using it up. The exchange rate isn't really that bad since the Real is not much more valuable than the TT dollar.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 15th, 2022, 10:47 pm

When I say that things are cheap, I mean it. Plug in any of these figures into Google and that's typical of most things here except for technology.
Attachments
IMG_20220715_234640.jpg
IMG_20220715_234700.jpg

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 15th, 2022, 11:03 pm

what happens when your card expires? you fly back in and renew it then leave?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 15th, 2022, 11:46 pm

AlphaMan wrote:what happens when your card expires? you fly back in and renew it then leave?

I've already gotten a bank account set up here. I could work on transferring the money. I could also ATM it to the limit each month. I will return to Trinidad off and on as well, so I can take care of anything in person. Planning on doing some travelling around the US and Europe when things are more settled down as well. Return tickets from here will run you around 1600 TTD to Florida and 2000 TTD to Spain, Portugal or the UK. Even cheaper if I decide to just visit other South American countries, just several hundred dollars. Unironically cheaper to visit the EU or US than to fly back to Trini. Just another reason why I ended up choosing Brazil.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 16th, 2022, 12:17 am

triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:what happens when your card expires? you fly back in and renew it then leave?

I've already gotten a bank account set up here. I could work on transferring the money. I could also ATM it to the limit each month. I will return to Trinidad off and on as well, so I can take care of anything in person. Planning on doing some travelling around the US and Europe when things are more settled down as well. Return tickets from here will run you around 1600 TTD to Florida and 2000 TTD to Spain, Portugal or the UK. Even cheaper if I decide to just visit other South American countries, just several hundred dollars. Unironically cheaper to visit the EU or US than to fly back to Trini. Just another reason why I ended up choosing Brazil.

Excellent move ! :D
Yes flights are much cheaper especially in the US to EU.

If you need more USD, sign up for any certificate course ( 3 months or less ) and then T&T Banks will
give you the USD for the living expenses plus tuition. Suggested course can be Cyber Security which is in huge demand abroad . But then you have the option of anything .

When in EU use the train system - very exciting and not expensive.

Migrated outta T&T a long time and I travel on business back and forth - Brazil on my list next month :D

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 16th, 2022, 12:51 pm

triniterribletim wrote:

What are you plans for permanent migration?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 16th, 2022, 7:16 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

I already have permanent residency here. I can apply for citizenship after two years go by.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 16th, 2022, 8:16 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

I already have permanent residency here. I can apply for citizenship after two years go by.

How did you achieve permanent residency status so fast? whats the requirements?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 16th, 2022, 8:58 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

In my case it was a bit simpler than most. My wife is Brazilian, so after we got married we just had to submit some documents and have an interview with the Federal Police and they gave me my permit on the same day. For investment, the base threshold for investor visas, be they real estate, business or stocks starts at BRL 125000 ( Around 160000 TTD ). There are also plans for retirees who draw a pension and for certain areas of need such as professors and some other fields. For the latter you'd have to have a working knowledge of Portuguese though. With each one there are varying terms of residency and afterwards you can get citizenship and a passport. You do not have to renounce your Trinidadian citizenship to aquire the Brazilian one.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 16th, 2022, 9:02 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

In my case it was a bit simpler than most. My wife is Brazilian, so after we got married we just had to submit some documents and have an interview with the Federal Police and they gave me my permit on the same day. For investment, the base threshold for investor visas, be they real estate, business or stocks starts at BRL 125000 ( Around 160000 TTD ). There are also plans for retirees who draw a pension and for certain areas of need such as professors and some other fields. For the latter you'd have to have a working knowledge of Portuguese though. With each one there are varying terms of residency and afterwards you can get citizenship and a passport. You do not have to renounce your Trinidadian citizenship to aquire the Brazilian one.

Great Information!
Do you mind sharing how you met your wife? was it after visiting or social media.....

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 16th, 2022, 10:01 pm

Probably its best to ask some of those personal questions via pm bro. Just a suggestion.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 16th, 2022, 10:43 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

Great Information!
Do you mind sharing how you met your wife? was it after visiting or social media.....

Online mutual interest group. Another small positive about Brazil is getting access to some brands that have disappeared from Trinidad. Always liked Eno more than Andrew's.

IMG_20220716_234105.jpg

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 17th, 2022, 12:31 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

Great Information!

Online mutual interest group. Another small positive about Brazil is getting access to some brands that have disappeared from Trinidad. Always liked Eno more than Andrew's.

IMG_20220716_234105.jpg

Can you access forex through there banking system? Or is it like Trinidad?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 17th, 2022, 10:35 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

Great Information!

IMG_20220716_234105.jpg

Can you access forex through there banking system? Or is it like Trinidad?

Yes, you can buy all the USD or Euros that you want here. You can do it through the bank's app and your account is debited and you can pick it up at any bank location with the QR code they give you.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 21st, 2022, 6:37 pm

Why are you still in this failed country?

T&T nationals can now access 151 destinations, passport ranked 30th in the world.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tt-nationals-can-now-access-151-destinations-passport-ranked-30th-in-the-world-6.2.1522329.bf0ef68402

:angel: :drinking: :bday:

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » July 21st, 2022, 8:17 pm

AlphaMan wrote:Why are you still in this failed country?

T&T nationals can now access 151 destinations, passport ranked 30th in the world.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tt-nationals-can-now-access-151-destinations-passport-ranked-30th-in-the-world-6.2.1522329.bf0ef68402

Yeah ,,but can you go to those countries while you cant get forex as a regular joe

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 21st, 2022, 8:35 pm

Kickstart wrote:

Yeah ,,but can you go to those countries while you cant get forex as a regular joe

Credit Card. :angel:

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 21st, 2022, 8:46 pm

Them ain't want no Trini credit card.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » July 21st, 2022, 8:56 pm

DMan7 wrote:Them ain't want no Trini credit card.

Never had any of my cards declined anywhere. Just get one Visa and one Mastercard and you're set.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 22nd, 2022, 5:09 am

AlphaMan wrote:
Kickstart wrote:

Credit Card. :angel:

I went to the US recently, ImmigrationOfficer asked me how much cash I had on me. I said none. She looked at me strangely and I said that USD is hard to get in my Country but I have my CC and that I would get cash from my Family.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » July 26th, 2022, 9:54 am

Whats a trini credit card? We making those now????

Never been issued one of those or heard of anyone having one of those before.

Interesting

K_J_R
3NE 2NR for life

Postby K_J_R » July 26th, 2022, 2:15 pm

thelem-again wrote:

Whats a trini credit card? We making those now????

Never been issued one of those or heard of anyone having one of those before.

Interesting

agree. what is this trini credit card i hearing about?

is DMan7 saying going farren dey does deny yuh credit card?

maybe yuh just in debt?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 26th, 2022, 3:17 pm

:lol: I'm referring to Trini ISSUED credit card.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 26th, 2022, 3:18 pm

What do you guys think about migrating to Netherlands?
Anyone ever been there? :fadein:

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 26th, 2022, 3:24 pm

DMan7 wrote::lol: I'm referring to Trini ISSUED credit card.

Someone wanna explain how credit cards work to this guy?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 26th, 2022, 3:27 pm

Yes yes yes I know VISA and Mastercard the international body responsible for the creation of all credit cards globally.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 26th, 2022, 3:44 pm

The furthest this guy ever reached was Tobago yall have to excuse him
DMan7 wrote: I'm referring to Trini ISSUED credit card.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”