Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby TheBoostLord » January 9th, 2022, 3:07 am

I left about 3 weeks now. got a Sienna in the first week and been doing plenty run arounds setting up my foundation. I do have a ton of work ahead of me but I could see myself pretty stable in about 6-8 months. Already freed up some brain power by not having to constantly worry about ppl trying to rob/kill me. When I get my new state id ill get a firearm just to be safe. Looking back, the only bad decision I can see was not doing this sooner. Imagine I buy a car within 4 days of landing here. got a temp license plate to print out and stick on the back till proper ones arrive, got insurance in 20mins online and can just keep it on my phone. I eh see any office or line up anywhere yet and got so many things done. Took a free pcr drive though test recently because why not? Funny thing I noticed is that my Trini money is actually doing more for me here than it could back home.

I wish u guys best of luck. Just in the past week of watching what going on with price hikes for everything and licensing officers roadblocking & charging up the place is just failure. I glad for whoever can leave and do better for themselves.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 9th, 2022, 4:31 am

^^cheers to you bud. Represent us well and I wish you continued success!

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 9th, 2022, 7:05 am

TheBoostLord wrote:I left about 3 weeks now. got a Sienna in the first week and been doing plenty run arounds setting up my foundation. I do have a ton of work ahead of me but I could see myself pretty stable in about 6-8 months. Already freed up some brain power by not having to constantly worry about ppl trying to rob/kill me. When I get my new state id ill get a firearm just to be safe. Looking back, the only bad decision I can see was not doing this sooner. Imagine I buy a car within 4 days of landing here. got a temp license plate to print out and stick on the back till proper ones arrive, got insurance in 20mins online and can just keep it on my phone. I eh see any office or line up anywhere yet and got so many things done. Took a free pcr drive though test recently because why not? Funny thing I noticed is that my Trini money is actually doing more for me here than it could back home.

I wish u guys best of luck. Just in the past week of watching what going on with price hikes for everything and licensing officers roadblocking & charging up the place is just failure. I glad for whoever can leave and do better for themselves.

Can you lay out a map of what things you did to achieve this ?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 9th, 2022, 7:49 am

TheBoostLord wrote:I left about 3 weeks now. got a Sienna in the first week and been doing plenty run arounds setting up my foundation. I do have a ton of work ahead of me but I could see myself pretty stable in about 6-8 months. Already freed up some brain power by not having to constantly worry about ppl trying to rob/kill me. When I get my new state id ill get a firearm just to be safe. Looking back, the only bad decision I can see was not doing this sooner. Imagine I buy a car within 4 days of landing here. got a temp license plate to print out and stick on the back till proper ones arrive, got insurance in 20mins online and can just keep it on my phone. I eh see any office or line up anywhere yet and got so many things done. Took a free pcr drive though test recently because why not? Funny thing I noticed is that my Trini money is actually doing more for me here than it could back home.

You should thank the red government

FuadAdnan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FuadAdnan » January 9th, 2022, 8:07 am

What are your plans there? Are you going to start a business there?

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » January 9th, 2022, 9:24 am

Where did you go?

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » January 9th, 2022, 5:58 pm

agent007 wrote:^^cheers to you bud. Represent us well and I wish you continued success!

thanks bro, the hard part now start.

Kenjo wrote:

to achieve what exactly?

FuadAdnan wrote:

Definitely plan to work for myself once settled but ill do whatever is available for now to clear living expenses.

goalpost wrote:

Where did you go?

Houston, Texas

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 9th, 2022, 9:05 pm

Where you get forex bro?
Happy for you btw.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » January 10th, 2022, 3:14 am

wtf wrote:

Where you get forex bro?
Happy for you btw.

I basically transfer money from my wife PayPal account (using my Trinidad credit cards as funding sources) to my us paypal account using the ‘send to friends and family’ option. From my us PayPal account I just send to my us bank account. Fees are minimal and it’s works out to be a flat 7ttd:1usd rate. So I just transfer as much as I can each billing cycle. I’m with Scotiabank and Their limits now are 3000usd per month per card so with 2 cards it’s very doable to move money. Plus I get miles/cash back on the transactions since it goes through like a regular payment. Win win. Hada get creative this rounds cus banks ain’t giving forex at all.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 10th, 2022, 6:51 am

TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

Where you get forex bro?
Happy for you btw.

I basically transfer money from my wife PayPal account (using my Trinidad credit cards as funding sources) to my us paypal account using the ‘send to friends and family’ option. From my us PayPal account I just send to my us bank account. Fees are minimal and it’s works out to be a flat 7ttd:1usd rate. So I just transfer as much as I can each billing cycle. I’m with Scotiabank and Their limits now are 3000usd per month per card so with 2 cards it’s very doable to move money. Plus I get miles/cash back on the transactions since it goes through like a regular payment. Win win. Hada get creative this rounds cus banks ain’t giving forex at all.

Ok so basically make a USA bank account ? Which bank over there did you go with and did you make it online. ?

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » January 10th, 2022, 7:28 am

Kenjo wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

Where you get forex bro?
Happy for you btw.

Ok so basically make a USA bank account ? Which bank over there did you go with and did you make it online. ?

I’m with Bank of America. It’s fairly easy for foreigners to open bank accounts in places like nyc and Miami, but for first time applicants you do have to appear in person. Everything after that can be online/over the phone.

FuadAdnan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FuadAdnan » January 10th, 2022, 12:22 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
agent007 wrote:^^cheers to you bud. Represent us well and I wish you continued success!

thanks bro, the hard part now start.

Kenjo wrote:

to achieve what exactly?

FuadAdnan wrote:

Definitely plan to work for myself once settled but ill do whatever is available for now to clear living expenses.

goalpost wrote:

Where did you go?

Houston, Texas

What industry you looking at? I'm considering same.

I migrated as well but another state and share similar sentiments in your original post.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » January 12th, 2022, 9:58 am

Im not too sure tbh, I don't want to stay with what I know. I wanna jump into new fields and learn different things so ill try a bit of this and that and they would lead me to new places.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 12th, 2022, 11:12 am

2nrs who migrated, how do you feel about growing up your kids in a foreign country?

I love this country and I'd love my future kids to grow up here, but crime, lack of opportunities plus a poor economic outlook does make it seem like growing up here might be a mistake.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 12th, 2022, 1:49 pm

Call me crazy but it is therapeutic for me to see the ocean. Driving west bound on the foreshore on evenings and you're seeing the gulf coast to the left or heading southbound on the creek and watching the gulf coast on the right.

Similarly, it doesn't matter what beach you go to on the north coast but the minute the sea is visible on the left heading to the maracas look out, you tend to drive slower and take in the view and the air.

Then there's our eastern coast line. The minute you past the last bar/shop heading to mazan, you know that sea line with coconut trees is coming up next. Heading south bound through the coconuts, the sea breeze and whiteness of the waves crashing on the left as you head further south is a drive for a gopro to be stuck on your roof.

The coastline views on the way to toco is equally as breathtaking. The smell of salt water breeze with Temps in the mid twenties in Celsius and the natural shade the trees provide.

We may not be a tropical paradise like Grenada, St. Lucia or Barbados but we're close enough! To leave all of this and not get to see a proper beach in years can leave me depressed. A fresh water lake with bitterly cold temperatures are not something that would make your tropical mind travel and be at peace.

The abundance of street food and the camaraderie shared still amongst neighbors and communities when it comes to Carnival, Divali and Christmas etc..is not something easily replicated.

It's a tough love being here. Put up with the bad roads, poor health sector, stink politicians, corruption and crime because we hold on to the hope that our paradise is still alive and well.

When you give your life to another nation, say the US or Canada as an example, and you're working up there, you would want to maximize what you do with the little vacation you manage to get.

It's either you come back T&T to visit what you already know or just staycation up there instead. Go Niagara or Yellowstone or Orlando or Yosemite or Grand Canyon etc...so much holiday parks and destinations in North America to see.

Chances are for the migrated, when stepping into Piarco and boarding the aircraft, it may be the closest you would be to T&T ever again. It's a tough love.

As for my family, our plans to migrate has been shelved atm due to circumstances out of our control. To those who made the leap, all the best. For those who are thinking, do so with greater detail than approaching a marriage. Ask yourself seriously if this is what you want to do.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 12th, 2022, 2:21 pm

agent007 wrote:As for my family, our plans to migrate has been shelved atm due to circumstances out of our control. To those who made the leap, all the best. For those who are thinking, do so with greater detail than approaching a marriage. Ask yourself seriously if this is what you want to do.

What is for you is for you.

If it is meant to be, it will happen in the future.

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

I have never regretted coming back home. I prefer to build my own country than someone else's. As bad as things are in T&T, it could always be worse.

I remember, in December, going by a mechanic to fix the car and the amount of ole talk that was happening made me thankful.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » January 12th, 2022, 2:28 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:2nrs who migrated, how do you feel about growing up your kids in a foreign country?

I love this country and I'd love my future kids to grow up here, but crime, lack of opportunities plus a poor economic outlook does make it seem like growing up here might be a mistake.

That's a serious question? Just compare the quality of schools and facilities to what we have here in TT.

Not to mention their economic opportunities when they ready to enter the workplace

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » January 12th, 2022, 2:33 pm

bluefete wrote:
agent007 wrote:As for my family, our plans to migrate has been shelved atm due to circumstances out of our control. To those who made the leap, all the best. For those who are thinking, do so with greater detail than approaching a marriage. Ask yourself seriously if this is what you want to do.

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

I have never regretted coming back home. I prefer to build my own country than someone else's. As bad as things are in T&T, it could always be worse.

I remember, in December, going by a mechanic to fix the car and the amount of ole talk that was happening made me thankful.

Blue

I don't believe in "building a country" tbh. I think that is something meant to brainwash our population by politicians/political class to lower the chance of brain drain. Just remember that all those politicians' kids reside abroad. That's no coincidence. Their plan is to suck the country dry and leave when it have nothing left. They aint building anything.

This country at this point resembles a kleptocracy.

I building where I getting value for my taxes, security for property and interests on my investments.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 12th, 2022, 2:36 pm

Redress10 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

Blue

I don't believe in "building a country" tbh. I think that is something meant to brainwash our population by politicians/political class to lower the chance of brain drain. Just remember that all those politicians' kids reside abroad. That's no coincidence. Their plan is to suck the country dry and leave when it have nothing left. They aint building anything.

I building where I getting value for my taxes, security for property and interests on my investments.

Understood and nothing is wrong with that.

Everyone is different. I know many people who lived abroad for years and came back home after they retired.

I also know some youngsters who came back to try and make it, and could not deal with the shrite and packed up and left

We all have to try and make our little corner better.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 12th, 2022, 2:36 pm

Redress10 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

Blue

You spot on

FuadAdnan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FuadAdnan » January 12th, 2022, 3:04 pm

bluefete wrote:

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

Where did you leave Trinidad to go?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 12th, 2022, 3:19 pm

FuadAdnan wrote:
bluefete wrote:

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

Where did you leave Trinidad to go?

USA - Study and work. Could have stayed.

Great experience though.

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » January 12th, 2022, 6:51 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:I basically transfer money from my wife PayPal account (using my Trinidad credit cards as funding sources) to my us paypal account using the ‘send to friends and family’ option. From my us PayPal account I just send to my us bank account. Fees are minimal and it’s works out to be a flat 7ttd:1usd rate. So I just transfer as much as I can each billing cycle. I’m with Scotiabank and Their limits now are 3000usd per month per card so with 2 cards it’s very doable to move money. Plus I get miles/cash back on the transactions since it goes through like a regular payment. Win win. Hada get creative this rounds cus banks ain’t giving forex at all.

What percentage does PayPal take from you in fees?

I'm at 5.4% because my account is still Trinidad based so I don't have the "send to friends and family" option. For me it works out to be approx 7.2 TTD: 1 USD.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » January 13th, 2022, 5:36 pm

turbo_beast369 wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:I basically transfer money from my wife PayPal account (using my Trinidad credit cards as funding sources) to my us paypal account using the ‘send to friends and family’ option. From my us PayPal account I just send to my us bank account. Fees are minimal and it’s works out to be a flat 7ttd:1usd rate. So I just transfer as much as I can each billing cycle. I’m with Scotiabank and Their limits now are 3000usd per month per card so with 2 cards it’s very doable to move money. Plus I get miles/cash back on the transactions since it goes through like a regular payment. Win win. Hada get creative this rounds cus banks ain’t giving forex at all.

What percentage does PayPal take from you in fees?

I'm at 5.4% because my account is still Trinidad based so I don't have the "send to friends and family" option. For me it works out to be approx 7.2 TTD: 1 USD.

2.9% for me

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 17th, 2022, 12:49 pm

Redress10 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

Blue

Very true. I feel is something people say just to make themselves better about having to come back to Trinidad. 1% send their children abroad to get educated and live.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 17th, 2022, 12:58 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:2nrs who migrated, how do you feel about growing up your kids in a foreign country?

That's a serious question? Just compare the quality of schools and facilities to what we have here in TT.

Not to mention their economic opportunities when they ready to enter the workplace
I have cousins that grew up in Canada, similar age to me and younger.The ones that stayed here ALL have university first degrees for the very least and good jobs.The ones that grew up in Canada do not, and have mediocre jobs.
Other people might have different experiences.
You can't broad brush these kinds of things

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 17th, 2022, 1:00 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

If not, God knows best.

There is a reason.

Blue

Very true. I feel is something people say just to make themselves better about having to come back to Trinidad. 1% send their children abroad to get educated and live.
1% send their children abroad to keep them away physically from their criminal activities.Also to make money laundering easier.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 17th, 2022, 1:08 pm

Better quality life at the end of the day.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 17th, 2022, 1:15 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Better quality life at the end of the day.
They already had a better quality of life bro.Is the low income families that suffer everywhere trying to live an honest life

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 17th, 2022, 1:17 pm

timelapse wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Better quality life at the end of the day.
They already had a better quality of life bro.Is the low income families that suffer everywhere trying to live an honest life

May be true but living in the US rich trumps living in Trinidad rich as a young person.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”