SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby SuperiorMan » April 13th, 2021, 9:53 pm

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Sōsuke Aizen wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:sigh the thread got derailed so easily.

Anyway I'm still here living in trini(us citizen), working for myself and trying a few extra things on the side. Close to clearing off all overheads then i can see some positive cash flow. I do possibly see myself leaving at some point if things continue, but not to go work for anyone at all. Not gunna take my family over there to struggle, i know exactly what its like. Will keep building myself here and if it ever comes to it, migrate with a decent amount to not have to beg to live. The grass is not always greener.

There is always an opportunity in every situation. The resourceful and hungry will find a way to make it work for them.

Hello TheBoostLord,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to the topic at hand. Does your business depend on forex? What do you think of the future here?

Posting on the wrong account Caxxos :lol:

Hello Sōsuke Aizen,

What do you mean?

Check back in the vene ched. :roll:

Nah.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 13th, 2021, 9:54 pm

Anyway I'm still here living in trini(us citizen), working for myself and trying a few extra things on the side. Close to clearing off all overheads then i can see some positive cash flow. I do possibly see myself leaving at some point if things continue, but not to go work for anyone at all. Not gunna take my family over there to struggle, i know exactly what its like. Will keep building myself here and if it ever comes to it, migrate with a decent amount to not have to beg to live. The grass is not always greener.

There is always an opportunity in every situation. The resourceful and hungry will find a way to make it work for them.
You left the US to return to Trini for what reason?

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » April 13th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Hello TheBoostLord,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to the topic at hand. Does your business depend on forex? What do you think of the future here?

Do you require forex to create products for export or do you simply import and sell?

im more in the service area than product, but still we all do depend on foreign exchange at some point for something. i do have us based bank account and in the event i really need usd i can charge a ttd credit card and have the us equivalent deposited(with service charges) , but honestly its never really come to that after all these years. Then again im not a big company looking for monthly usd to keep operating.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » April 13th, 2021, 10:16 pm

wtf wrote:

lol i shoulda clear that up. born in usa to trini parents, basically grew up in trini. Ive tried to live there long term a few times but i always end up back here. that place is very cold & lonely without real family so i understand the struggle of having to leave them behind. Not everyone can relate to that if they didnt have strong family ties growing up.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 13th, 2021, 10:18 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

lol i shoulda clear that up. born in usa to trini parents, basically grew up in trini. Ive tried to live there long term a few times but i always end up back here. that place is very cold & lonely without real family so i understand the struggle of having to leave them behind. Not everyone can relate to that if they didnt have strong family ties growing up.

You left a first world nation to return to a cesspit because you think its too cold and lonely? :roll: :cry: :shock:

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 13th, 2021, 10:29 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Hello TheBoostLord,

Do you require forex to create products for export or do you simply import and sell?

Hello Redress10, excellent point.

Can every product be created in Trinidad?

What I am getting at is there are other ways to earn forex outside of TT. If your business model is simply to import product, add a mark up and sell to unsuspecting trinis then I could see how moving forward business going to be difficult. Those businesses rely on forex which rely on a bouyant energy industry.

If you do export then you may just need to expand your customer base to gain more forex. Easier said than done of course.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » April 13th, 2021, 10:36 pm

wtf wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

You left a first world nation to return to a cesspit because you think its too cold and lonely? :roll: :cry: :shock:

See not everyone gets it. Like stated before there are MANY foreigners living here with no intention to leave simply because they love the place. Anyway pre covid times it was fine. leave when i want, stay how long i want, come back when i want. Now that im stuck here i just gotta make the best of the situation. Also have a wife and kid to take care of and our family support is tremendous here. If i pick up and land somewhere now i wont be able to do quarter of the things i can do now, so for me its def an advantage being here right now. Pros and cons to everything, we all gotta make the best call for ourselves. If you think moving is the better move for you by all means give it your best shot. I know all about that life and its not that rosy to me, sure same day delivery from amazon with no customs charges or great customer service in almost every place is a blessing but theres more to life than that. if i can enjoy the best of both worlds then why not? also i prob woulda get covid and die or have a life long medical bill since i allergic to all kina stuff..

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 13th, 2021, 11:33 pm

Yeah man a real man that's honest to himself,half of those guys only talking down T&T have no loyalty and will sell anyone or anything for the right price.....

The land that gave them their education grew them up healthy gave them much more than they needed all their lives and they cant find one good thing to say about it ?

Some of them like those Venes leaving Vene for better data, coca cola and KFC.. lol..

I know many people like you that returned in the early 2000s from the US and the UK with their US and UK born kids and despite our ills they are very happy here and feel like they belong here and chose to continue their families here and spend the rest of their lives here, because they know where home is and here is home.

Stay up my brother ..

TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

See not everyone gets it. Like stated before there are MANY foreigners living here with no intention to leave simply because they love the place. Anyway pre covid times it was fine. leave when i want, stay how long i want, come back when i want. Now that im stuck here i just gotta make the best of the situation. Also have a wife and kid to take care of and our family support is tremendous here. If i pick up and land somewhere now i wont be able to do quarter of the things i can do now, so for me its def an advantage being here right now. Pros and cons to everything, we all gotta make the best call for ourselves. If you think moving is the better move for you by all means give it your best shot. I know all about that life and its not that rosy to me, sure same day delivery from amazon with no customs charges or great customer service in almost every place is a blessing but theres more to life than that. if i can enjoy the best of both worlds then why not? also i prob woulda get covid and die or have a life long medical bill since i allergic to all kina stuff..

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 12:14 am

Just do what's best for your happiness, I've lived abroad too and having money and first world lifestyle is nice, really nice. But you do always miss home. You will miss friends and family, you will miss things that define us as Trini.

But in the end, you need to decide. I left as my pops had cancer (he's cancer free now) and wanted to spend time with him and support my mom through it. I also was fed up of my high stress demanding job abroad. That was
6 years ago.

Do it miss it? Yes sometimes, do I regret it? No, not at all. Trini life is nice. It's just PNM sending we down a bad path.

But like I said, having enough money helps you turn a blind eye to many problems.

You could love NY, Miami, London or Toronto, but you'll never feel as if it's your culture or place.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 14th, 2021, 12:57 am

Much thanks for the info and insight fellow tuners.

So why Australia?

1. The weather is good
2. Commonwealth
3. English speaking
4. Right hand drive
5. Not just first world but high first world by virtue of its HDI
6. Everybody rushing Canada and whilst that is not a bad choice, it's good to have some alternatives.

I'll start with SkillSelect, thanks.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 14th, 2021, 4:44 am

Have a few friends "down under" and as Agent said, they do mention alot of similarities to living in the Trinidad and the Caribbean.

Canada is nice but that brrrr!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 7:59 am

agent007 wrote:Much thanks for the info and insight fellow tuners.

So why Australia?

1. The weather is good
2. Commonwealth
3. English speaking
4. Right hand drive
6. Everybody rushing Canada and whilst that is not a bad choice, it's good to have some alternatives.

When I was 20 I considered Oz , but after more research I found out that they are up front racist and they don't like black folk.

Just look up the Australian white policy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

To this day they are even more racist
https://uk.yahoo.com/style/neighbours-m ... 45376.html

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y-speak-up

But don't let that derail your progress in wanting to escape this banana Republic

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 14th, 2021, 11:49 am

zoom rader wrote:

So why Australia?

1. The weather is good
2. Commonwealth
3. English speaking
4. Right hand drive

When I was 20 I considered Oz , but after more research I found out that they are up front racist and they don't like black folk.

But don't let that derail your progress in wanting to escape this banana Republic

There is also a lot of racism there against south asian people too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_ ... ontroversy

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 12:15 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

So why Australia?

1. The weather is good
2. Commonwealth
3. English speaking
4. Right hand drive

There is also a lot of racism there against south asian people too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_ ... ontroversy
Just do your research if you want to migrate.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 12:34 pm

Best country to migrate to overall is Canada, however it is friggin cold. NZ would be a good second place though.

USA is only good if you will to work your ass off. I like it, but it can also be a very catch-ass society.

UK - very very different culture to us, you will feel like an alien there compared to the US/Canada. Europe is much better on the whole but while most ppl know English, it's expected you will learn the language. Also, aside from France, Swis and Germany, the job market sucks.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 14th, 2021, 12:43 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Best country to migrate to overall is Canada, however it is friggin cold. NZ would be a good second place though.

USA is only good if you will to work your ass off. I like it, but it can also be a very catch-ass society.

UK - very very different culture to us, you will feel like an alien there compared to the US/Canada. Europe is much better on the whole but while most ppl know English, it's expected you will learn the language. Also, aside from France, Swis and Germany, the job market sucks.

What's the income tax like in those countries you listed there?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 12:49 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Best country to migrate to overall is Canada, however it is friggin cold. NZ would be a good second place though.

Higher than in T&T in all except the US, but not as high as you might think.

The brackets are incremental. In the UK I worked for £70,000 a year, which is a normal professional salary. After taxes it was around £4000 per month which means I paid 30% in income tax.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 14th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

The brackets are incremental. In the UK I worked for £70,000 a year, which is a normal professional salary. After taxes it was around £4000 per month which means I paid 30% in income tax.

My brother in law is German and just a few weeks ago we were discussing taxes and he said his last rate of income tax before coming to TT was 42%. That is pretty high and I would not have thought of that rate.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 14th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

The difference is you actually see your tax money working for you in the UK.

Here it is wasted and stolen by wigs and weave Kamilie and Shamfa cell phone bill's .

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 4:28 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Here it is wasted and stolen by wigs and weave Kamilie and Shamfa cell phone bill's .

I agree, and I found the lower cost of living for basic items (except rent) and going out to be far less in the UK as well.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 14th, 2021, 4:46 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

I agree, and I found the lower cost of living for basic items (except rent) and going out to be far less in the UK as well.
What type of work you did in the UK?
Why did you come back here?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 14th, 2021, 7:49 pm

wtf wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Consumer Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 22.29% lower than in United Kingdom (without rent)

Consumer Prices Including Rent in Trinidad And Tobago are 29.97% lower than in United Kingdom

Rent Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 49.02% lower than in United Kingdom

Restaurant Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 30.08% lower than in United Kingdom

Groceries Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 6.01% lower than in United Kingdom

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c ... And+Tobago

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 14th, 2021, 7:58 pm

Sex work is also legal in other countries though.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2021, 8:03 pm

adnj wrote:
wtf wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Consumer Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 22.29% lower than in United Kingdom (without rent)

Consumer Prices Including Rent in Trinidad And Tobago are 29.97% lower than in United Kingdom

Rent Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 49.02% lower than in United Kingdom

Restaurant Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 30.08% lower than in United Kingdom

Groceries Prices in Trinidad And Tobago are 6.01% lower than in United Kingdom

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c ... And+Tobago

Yea that certainly is not accurate, groceries for a week at Tesco was around £30-£40 sometimes less even. Go on https://www.tesco.com/ and compare to our local prices and see for yourself.

Also, restaurant eating out for comparable food is far far cheaper in London. Let's compare TGI, a burger there is £12 inclusive of VAT and service charge already. In Trinidad that same burger is $100, but then add VAT and service charge you get $123.

At our current exchange rates London TGI works our cheaper.

For cheap food, you can get a 3 piece chicken and chips for £3, that's $35TT minimum here.

Going out to a fancy restaurant, you get spectacular meals for £20 a person, in Trinidad that'll cost you $300-400 a person.

Consumer prices are even more insane to say Trinidad is cheaper. I see they added rent in that index, so it makes little sense. But you go Poundland or an Indian/Turkish general store you get things cheaper than in Charlotte Street. Phones, computers, videogames, TVs dude everything is cheaper in London.

Not to mention cars....but let's not go there.

Rent is the only thing I agree with, rent is expensive AF in London, my 1-bed flat was £1300 PCM and it was a sheit flat.
Last edited by Dohplaydat on April 15th, 2021, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » April 15th, 2021, 9:43 am

Taxes in Ontario Canada
Ontario Income Tax (Approx. Combined Federal and Provincial):
Income up to 44k - 20%
Income up to 90k - 30%.
Income up to 150k -36%.
Income more than 215k-41%
Ontario Sales Tax on Goods and Services - 13%

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 15th, 2021, 9:51 am

My uncle leaves Canada to buy clothes here, I have no idea why
Bad Dog wrote:Taxes in Ontario Canada
Ontario Income Tax (Approx. Combined Federal and Provincial):
Income up to 44k - 20%
Income up to 90k - 30%.
Income up to 150k -36%.
Income more than 215k-41%
Ontario Sales Tax on Goods and Services - 13%

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 15th, 2021, 10:00 am

wtf wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

Hello wtf.

Why do you say Trinidad is a cesspit?

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 15th, 2021, 4:11 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

Hello wtf.

Well nothing seems to work here even though we pay top dollar through taxes for it.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 15th, 2021, 6:03 pm

wtf wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:
wtf wrote:

Hello wtf.

Well nothing seems to work here even though we pay top dollar through taxes for it.

Very true. It is so unfair.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 15th, 2021, 6:21 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Still don't get why people don't realize that the inhabitants of those higher tax paying countries actually appreciate this, and see it as their duty to pay for the proper upkeep and maintenance of their services and economy.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”