TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Parents on Tuner..how do you deal with your own child's indiscipline?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » May 16th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Interfacing with a single mother's (professional/middle class) who's young teen (14yrs) is becoming increasingly violent and disruptive at his school ("Prestige" name school)...What do you suggest to her? "take way his phone?" I'm asking cuz i can only offer advice from an outside/non parent perspective.

Keep the idiotic PNM/UNC/GOV'T comments to yourself.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Parents of Tuner..how do you deal with your own child's indiscipline?

Postby Les Bain » May 16th, 2019, 2:51 pm

It's only effective if the youth man is cooperative, but getting him to a counsellor to find out the root of the problem is a good start.
Taking away a cellphone may do nothing more than motivate him into performing a violent act on his mother.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 16th, 2019, 2:59 pm

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 16th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Sounds like she spoil the youth while growing up, prolly never get ah good cut arse, get away with any and everything...hormones kicking een, so pressure to deal with now...I'd say check community police for ah lil advice.....

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 16th, 2019, 3:26 pm

Start with taking away whats most important to the child(video games, phone, computer liming time ) , and only give back as reinforcement for good changes.... carry the child for an evaluation … there are several professionals that can help...… find out who your child looks up to or uses as an exemplar and if its positive maybe you can arrange for that mentor to have a one on one chat/motivational chat with the kid.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » May 16th, 2019, 3:51 pm

OP be a father figure !

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 16th, 2019, 4:06 pm

Stay away from single/divorced moms. They will manipulate your soul through her child.

But if you must... physical hardships. Gym with discipline, army drill. Break down his mind and rebuild it with iron.
He is desperately yearning for a strong man in his life to guide him and teach him discipline and inner strength through example. He is testing his boundaries. Normally an alpha male keeps his pack in line. A woman can never provide this to a boy.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Parents on Tuner..how do you deal with your own child's indiscipline?

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 16th, 2019, 4:31 pm

I used to get cutass til I was 16 and I rebelled HARD between 13-17.
First child, first grandchild - I grew up SHELTERED AF, although I was trying to push the boundaries.
Parents were together, but dad was never reallly around for me - he had his own sheit he was dealing with.

Plenty things you go through at that age.
Peer pressure, trying to fit in, trying to find yourself, being bullied, stress at home.
He will prob not want to listen to his parents.
If you have a family friend or someone you know he looks up to it's a good starting point.
HAve them talk to him to find out what's up. Alone. No pressure, no forced convo. Taking away his sheit will make him more belligerent and rebel harder.

I could relate, because I was literally that kid.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » May 16th, 2019, 4:34 pm

maj. tom wrote:Stay away from single/divorced moms. They will manipulate your soul through her child.

But if you must... physical hardships. Gym with discipline, army drill. Break down his mind and rebuild it with iron.
He is desperately yearning for a strong man in his life to guide him and teach him discipline and inner strength through example. He is testing his boundaries. Normally an alpha male keeps his pack in line. A woman can never provide this to a boy.

this has nothing to do with me seeing a single mother... she is a colleague who is nearing her wits end...

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » May 16th, 2019, 5:02 pm

Get the child involved in sports. Send them to a cricket or football clinic.

A disciplinarian is needed in the child's life, and one in a physical environment that fosters teamwork is the best and most practical way to do it at this point.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 16th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Ok so where the boy father? He dead?

You cannot threaten a teenager. Your logic does not make sense to him. He is a teenager and hormones running the show. He needs discipline through a strong male. Discipline eh, not abuse. All that "hitting children and i turn out ok" is bullcrap that you will pay for in 20 years. Again, a woman cannot discipline a teenaged boy.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 16th, 2019, 5:23 pm

enroll him in the MILAT program...serious thing

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 16th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Boi to be honest better yuh hang fkin he yes...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 16th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Stay away from single/divorced moms. They will manipulate your soul through her child.

this has nothing to do with me seeing a single mother... she is a colleague who is nearing her wits end...
OP get the child involved with something that they like doing , sports , hobbies, social clubs, music ect.

This teen is seeking attention which the mom can't give or may not have the time.

Don't forced the teen to anything that they dont want to do.

A change of environment is also needed, a trip abroad for the teen to see the other side of life. A visit to family members ect.

The teen is not the problem. Some parents don't even talk to their kids as persons but as property or small people. Parents pester , demand , abuse and shout at kids. This where things fall apart.

A bigger bonding is needed from the mom.

whiteliver
Street 2NR

Postby whiteliver » May 16th, 2019, 6:41 pm

call d father.......serious talk.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » May 16th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Barring that, make the well run dry, he'll appreciate what he's missing then. Cut out the privileges. If he wants them, let him pay for them. The fact that it's reached this point, means that you're now trying to make up for lost ground with remedial action. Needs to be honest conversation between both parties. Not beration.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 16th, 2019, 6:56 pm

jahray

it works

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » May 16th, 2019, 8:28 pm

how much a leather belt sellin for these days?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 16th, 2019, 9:07 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:enroll him in the MILAT program...serious thing

x2

Check out the T&T cadet force... instill some discipline.

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » May 16th, 2019, 9:10 pm

IMG_20190516_211700.jpeg
IMG_20190516_211700.jpeg (17.74 KiB) Viewed 4835 times

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 17th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:Interfacing with a single mother's (professional/middle class) who's young teen (14yrs) is becoming increasingly violent and disruptive at his school ("Prestige" name school)...What do you suggest to her? "take way his phone?" I'm asking cuz i can only offer advice from an outside/non parent perspective.

I see nothing here that a professional cut arse can't fix. As mentioned, he was most likely a spoiled lil brat growing up, get away with everything short of murder, & now since he piss start to froth up he feel he's a big man, & now mammy eh kno what to do.
He might be getting some lil problems or motivation in school that pushing him to act a fool, but I doubt that if he giving she problems home like outright disobedience, back chat, etc. If the problem did not originate or stem from school, then is more likley than not youngster lie to heself & tell himself he's a big man & he could do whatever he want & she can't do him nuttn. For this, I suggest the most severe aspect of quality of life deprivation as punishment & corporal punishment as severe and as often as necessary. I could make some recommendations eh, but i kno ppl eh capable of going that drastic on they own kids. so look a easy one. might hadda hog tie him to finish it, but no scn. he go have the cut to match the tude.

Most women these days real soft on young children, when that is the time to show them there are unpleasant consequences to undesirable behavior, that's the period when it takes the least effort from the parent & the youngster most receptive & compliant.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 17th, 2019, 5:16 pm

88sins wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:Interfacing with a single mother's (professional/middle class) who's young teen (14yrs) is becoming increasingly violent and disruptive at his school ("Prestige" name school)...What do you suggest to her? "take way his phone?" I'm asking cuz i can only offer advice from an outside/non parent perspective.

I see nothing here that a professional cut arse can't fix. As mentioned, he was most likely a spoiled lil brat growing up, get away with everything short of murder, & now since he piss start to froth up he feel he's a big man, & now mammy eh kno what to do.
He might be getting some lil problems or motivation in school that pushing him to act a fool, but I doubt that if he giving she problems home like outright disobedience, back chat, etc. If the problem did not originate or stem from school, then is more likley than not youngster lie to heself & tell himself he's a big man & he could do whatever he want & she can't do him nuttn. For this, I suggest the most severe aspect of quality of life deprivation as punishment & corporal punishment as severe and as often as necessary. I could make some recommendations eh, but i kno ppl eh capable of going that drastic on they own kids. so look a easy one. might hadda hog tie him to finish it, but no scn. he go have the cut to match the tude.

Most women these days real soft on young children, when that is the time to show them there are unpleasant consequences to undesirable behavior, that's the period when it takes the least effort from the parent & the youngster most receptive & compliant.
They soft on boys but hard on men and very abusive.

Men stay away from single moms. They single for a reason

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 17th, 2019, 9:07 pm

when life is too nice, it's unappreciated.
let her make life lil tougher, ALL the comforts he enjoys as minor should be earned.
chores, respect, grades, etc are all contributors to his earning those comforts.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » May 17th, 2019, 9:20 pm

wagonrunner wrote:when life is too nice, it's unappreciated.
let her make life lil tougher, ALL the comforts he enjoys as minor should be earned.
chores, respect, grades, etc are all contributors to his earning those comforts.

This. He prides himself, especially his hair..he got it cut yesterday. His electronic devices have been removed from him. back to old school Telco: you want to make a call? write down the number let me call him/her for you.

His upcoming "well planned US trip" is being removed from the table..no matter what his grades are going to be. He's been stripped of everything till the end of august.

The Grand father also stepping in to give some "old school"...lets see how it goes..

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 17th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Les Bain wrote:... getting him to a counsellor to find out the root of the problem is a good start...

The only answer worth noting in this thread.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 17th, 2019, 9:56 pm

adnj wrote:
Les Bain wrote:... getting him to a counsellor to find out the root of the problem is a good start...

Root cause is his mom

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 17th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:when life is too nice, it's unappreciated.

This. He prides himself, especially his hair..he got it cut yesterday. His electronic devices have been removed from him. back to old school Telco: you want to make a call? write down the number let me call him/her for you.

His upcoming "well planned US trip" is being removed from the table..no matter what his grades are going to be. He's been stripped of everything till the end of august.

The Grand father also stepping in to give some "old school"...lets see how it goes..

teenagers today live in a weird time.

in his grand father's time, a 14 year old would be free to drink, smoke, fight, shack up, get a job, earn a living and start becoming independent. It was the exception for a 14 year old to continue going to school.

now, 14 year olds are considered children that exist at the whim of their parents.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 17th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Out of curiousity, of all the responses received to OPs first post, how many of those are from *actual* parents?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 17th, 2019, 11:49 pm

carluva wrote:Out of curiousity, of all the responses received to OPs first post, how many of those are from *actual* parents?

I'm not a father.

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » May 18th, 2019, 12:09 am

zoom rader wrote:
adnj wrote:

Root cause is his mom
Pics of mom?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”