TunerGod

Re: Gov't lost $350m from tax waivers on hybrid vehicles

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2020, 11:42 am

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 10th, 2020, 12:46 pm

sMASH wrote:bomp for pnm promising to incentivize green energy initiatives

thought you knew better than to take politicians promises during silly season seriously

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 27th, 2020, 4:16 pm

If hybrid vehicles have no taxes why are dealers heavily marking them up with profits over 60 or 70k ....makes me wonder what will happen when taxes are added on what will be the selling price of these said vehicles

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » September 27th, 2020, 4:51 pm

hover11 wrote:If hybrid vehicles have no taxes why are dealers heavily marking them up with profits over 60 or 70k ....makes me wonder what will happen when taxes are added on what will be the selling price of these said vehicles

but a aqua selling for 70k so how the profits is 60-70k?
do explain using facts and numbers.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 27th, 2020, 4:58 pm

Alright...a vezel is literally 15 to lets say 19k USD.....thats cost and frieght...there are zero taxes thus thats all you should pay how are dealers selling for 170ktt to 190ktt the maths not adding up. To your aqua point, an aqua is 7000 usd how did it reach to 80k

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 27th, 2020, 5:01 pm

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 27th, 2020, 5:10 pm

hover11 wrote:Alright...a vezel is literally 15 to lets say 19k USD.....thats cost and frieght...there are zero taxes thus thats all you should pay how are dealers selling for 170ktt to 190ktt the maths not adding up. To your aqua point, an aqua is 7000 usd how did it reach to 80k

They are using the forex issue as a factor.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 27th, 2020, 5:14 pm

bring it in yourself. daz all

save the money

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 27th, 2020, 5:15 pm

No problem thats a huge discrepancy but understood...question as usd is in short supply how do I send usd to the Japanese for a wire transfer ?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 27th, 2020, 5:55 pm

hover11 wrote:No problem thats a huge discrepancy but understood...question as usd is in short supply how do I send usd to the Japanese for a wire transfer ?

That hassle is some of what you are paying for in the markup.
If USD is not available from the bank, dealers may pay $9 for 1USD through a cambio or elsewhere.
They are also paying a broker, handling, legal documentation, and their import license, clearing, ground transfer, PDI etc.
How much do you think that is worth.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » September 27th, 2020, 7:00 pm

That ain't worth anything.
They should charge him the auction price only. Paying freight is also oppressive.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 27th, 2020, 10:34 pm

I wonder how much million have been lost due to our beloved Politicians themselves buying luxury million dollar cars and not having to pay a fr1gg1ing cent on duties?

To hell with our govt and their restrictions, they only do things that serve them...

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » September 28th, 2020, 6:37 am

https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/hef ... 18405.html

was covered a few yrs ago by tv6 -politicians and vehicles

even more salty is that the two ministers in the first post both have bought mustangs >2.0 non-hybrid iirc
Last edited by 16 cycles on September 28th, 2020, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 28th, 2020, 6:39 am

Ben_spanna wrote:I wonder how much million have been lost due to our beloved Politicians themselves buying luxury million dollar cars and not having to pay a fr1gg1ing cent on duties?

To hell with our govt and their restrictions, they only do things that serve them...

Years ago when I questioned the practice....quite a defense was raised.....that was when everyone was taking Land Rover....funny how things change.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 28th, 2020, 7:24 am

16 cycles wrote:https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/hefty-tax-breaks-on-cars-for-parliamentarians---part-i/article_4f1a862e-ae1d-11e7-8ec6-2724da618405.html

was covered a few yrs ago by tv6 -politicians and vehicles

even more salty is that the two ministers in the first post both have bought mustangs >2.0 non-hybrid iirc

Exactly why i say govt can go to hell.............

This budget if they want to interfere with vehicle taxes... they should start with the removal of their exemptions ........ then maybe i will listen................ :fist:

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » September 28th, 2020, 8:58 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
hover11 wrote:No problem thats a huge discrepancy but understood...question as usd is in short supply how do I send usd to the Japanese for a wire transfer ?

If USD is not available from the bank, dealers may pay $9 for 1USD through a cambio or elsewhere.
They are also paying a broker, handling, legal documentation, and their import license, clearing, ground transfer, PDI etc.

ding ding ding

the ppl who does froth over a dealer prices is always the same broken sufferers who just vex the bank blank them because they couldnt qualify for 100% financing on the dealer price

on the next hand it have the next set of sufferers who think because they take 50yrs to save up 50k a dealer should sell them a car for that price because bank does laugh dey ass out the door when they ask for usd to try bring it themselves

it have both types beating up ITT

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 28th, 2020, 9:03 pm

A172 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

ding ding ding

the ppl who does froth over a dealer prices is usually the same broke sufferers who just vex the bank blank them because they couldnt qualify for 100% financing on the dealer price

and ofc on the next hand it have the next set of sufferers who think because they take 50yrs to save up 50k a dealer should sell them a car for that price because bank does laugh@ them when they ask for usd to try bring it themselves

Then there are a another set who have the money but know the value of money at the same time because lets be real why spend all that on a foreign used when i could just take the cash i have to go new get a real warranty, know the REAL mileage of my vehicle....no roll back thing here and have peace of mind that I wouldnt get any headache in the near future...just my two cents

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » September 28th, 2020, 9:14 pm

man tryna pay shotta with he 8yr loan new bran POS yes lmao

man in a aqua coasin on u cus he own his car

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 28th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Well dear old boy, dealerships are much worse. The vehicles that the dealer have are also imported with much more paperwork and many more added fees to the final price. Anyone taking a loan for 7 years to buy a new vehicle of the lowest tier from the stealership doesn't know the value of money or the value of cars. Try to remember also that the new vehicles imported for 3rd world markets like the Caribbean, Sri Lanka and Malaysia doesn't have all the safety features
and other requirements as their USA/CAN/EU/JAP counterpart models. A Toyota Rav4 sold in USA isn't the same as the one sold by Toyota TT. Unless you talking about the new Benz that you plan to buy direct from the firm.

And warranty my ass. You will soon discover where the stealerships make their money with their overpriced compulsory servicing dates and how you likely will have to carry them to court to honor a warranty where the repair is costly. When you could get a 3 year old fully loaded JDM RORO and do a full servicing for about $10-12k. OEM service from engine oil to new tires to transmission and brake fluids, OBD scan, detailing, GPS, audio deck, everything.

Some fellas with their arrogance and ignorance eh, allyuh better off with the Red Band Maxi.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 29th, 2020, 9:16 am

I hope they remove all duties on Full electric cars regardless of engine Hp equivalent - the rest of the world is trying to save itself from global warming and discourage the use of gas motors , and here we are the jacka55 of the caribbean still taxing for going green.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 29th, 2020, 9:52 am

Ben_spanna wrote:I hope they remove all duties on Full electric cars regardless of engine Hp equivalent - the rest of the world is trying to save itself from global warming and discourage the use of gas motors , and here we are the jacka55 of the caribbean still taxing for going green.

We generate 100% of our electrical energy from burning carbon based fuels.
Electric cars in this country do not assist in going green

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 29th, 2020, 9:58 am

A172 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

ding ding ding

the ppl who does froth over a dealer prices is always the same broken sufferers who just vex the bank blank them because they couldnt qualify for 100% financing on the dealer price

on the next hand it have the next set of sufferers who think because they take 50yrs to save up 50k a dealer should sell them a car for that price because bank does laugh dey ass out the door when they ask for usd to try bring it themselves

There's a difference when a Chase village or Cunupia roro dealer has to purchase USD on the black market at a markup, vs the established car dealers who have no problems with forex since they own the government.

What's their excuse for the huge markup.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 29th, 2020, 10:24 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:I hope they remove all duties on Full electric cars regardless of engine Hp equivalent - the rest of the world is trying to save itself from global warming and discourage the use of gas motors , and here we are the jacka55 of the caribbean still taxing for going green.

And what about our emissions that everyone is trying to reduce worldwide??? Especially when Trinidad does not even subit its vehicles to a smog test.
Diesel engines are also some of the worse pollutants ...
So how exavtly does electric cars not help to go green?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 29th, 2020, 10:32 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

And what about our emissions that everyone is trying to reduce worldwide??? Especially when Trinidad does not even subit its vehicles to a smog test.

Well we probably need the figures to work out the net basis of replacing diesel and gasoline with natural gas derived electricity. But it still remains the electricity you use contributes emissions and carbon.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 29th, 2020, 10:50 am

except for Honda who does bring in the good stf.... charge good stuff price too

maj. tom wrote:Well dear old boy, dealerships are much worse. The vehicles that the dealer have are also imported with much more paperwork and many more added fees to the final price. Anyone taking a loan for 7 years to buy a new vehicle of the lowest tier from the stealership doesn't know the value of money or the value of cars. Try to remember also that the new vehicles imported for 3rd world markets like the Caribbean, Sri Lanka and Malaysia doesn't have all the safety features
and other requirements as their USA/CAN/EU/JAP counterpart models. A Toyota Rav4 sold in USA isn't the same as the one sold by Toyota TT. Unless you talking about the new Benz that you plan to buy direct from the firm.

And warranty my ass. You will soon discover where the stealerships make their money with their overpriced compulsory servicing dates and how you likely will have to carry them to court to honor a warranty where the repair is costly. When you could get a 3 year old fully loaded JDM RORO and do a full servicing for about $10-12k. OEM service from engine oil to new tires to transmission and brake fluids, OBD scan, detailing, GPS, audio deck, everything.

Some fellas with their arrogance and ignorance eh, allyuh better off with the Red Band Maxi.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 29th, 2020, 10:52 am

Hybrid cars in Trinidad right now do not help go green in the bigger picture. All it does it increase fuel economy which is good for the consumer's pocket. And that's why I have one, the end. But the big picture of global pollution is much worse than a carbon footprint for hybrid cars. The mining for rare earth metals industry is extremely polluting to the environment. There is much more shipping pollution involved. Here are 3 points to consider:

First of all to understand why the Toyota Prius gets such good gas mileage we must discuss how it works. As you probably already know the Toyota Prius is a plug-in Hybrid, which means that it has a tiny little 1.5 liter engine, a small electric motor, and of course some batteries.

Now this is where it gets interesting, because to make these batteries they must first go to Canada and mine rare-earth materials such as lithium. After which, the Lithium is shipped off to China were it is turned into a battery pack along with its electric motor counterpart. Once the battery is finished; it is course sent to the factory in Japan where all the parts come together. Then, the little Toyota is shipped across the world.

A​s you may have probably noticed the amount of pollution which this little car has already created is so great that even Toyota admits that the Prius is a bit of a polluter during its production.

N​ow at this point you may be saying well that's alright because my little fuel efficient Prius will make it all up on the road.

T​his is where I get to the second issue, because while the Toyota uses up less fuel than your average family car we must understand where its energy comes from. Because, the only reason the Prius gets good gas mileage is because of its battery. Unfortunately, however, the battery gets its energy from mostly non eco-friendly sources; because whether you plug it in or just use the engine to top it off you are still getting your electricity from fossil fuels. This problem, however, cannot be said for all hybrid/electric cars because many EV chargers, such as Tesla superchargers use a lot of solar power to reduce the carbon footprint of their vehicles.

N​ow, the third and final issue is more subjective, because yes the Toyota Prius does do well on gas, but only when you aren't pushing it. Simply because if you take a car such as the BMW M3 and put it against a car like the Toyota Prius on a track the Prius would use more fuel. This is down to the fact that the M3 has to use less of its power while the Toyota has to use all of its measly power while staying in the redline for longer.
https://drivetribe.com/p/the-toyota-pri ... 7WdQ4rKTsg

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 29th, 2020, 11:25 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Well we probably need the figures to work out the net basis of replacing diesel and gasoline with natural gas derived electricity. But it still remains the electricity you use contributes emissions and carbon.

So what about the Solar charging boxes? they have become quite efficient now and can really provide a good charge without the need for Electricity .....No need for Electricity if theres solar for electric cars....

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 29th, 2020, 2:59 pm

teems1 wrote:
A172 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

ding ding ding

There's a difference when a Chase village or Cunupia roro dealer has to purchase USD on the black market at a markup, vs the established car dealers who have no problems with forex since they own the government.

What's their excuse for the huge markup.
Thank you but I guess thats how they build their mansions in Central

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 29th, 2020, 5:13 pm

uh huh, so that's what this is really all about then?

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » September 29th, 2020, 6:15 pm

maj. tom wrote:Well dear old boy, dealerships are much worse. The vehicles that the dealer have are also imported with much more paperwork and many more added fees to the final price. Anyone taking a loan for 7 years to buy a new vehicle of the lowest tier from the stealership doesn't know the value of money or the value of cars. Try to remember also that the new vehicles imported for 3rd world markets like the Caribbean, Sri Lanka and Malaysia doesn't have all the safety features

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”