TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Would you be comfortable with an air conditioner that uses a highly flammable refrigerant?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Would you be comfortable with an air conditioner that uses a highly flammable refrigerant?

Postby nervewrecker » June 2nd, 2019, 9:31 pm

I am simply accessing probable concerns people may have with the product and how to address them.

So far is the usual usual, nothing I cant answer. So do keep them coming.

Oh and R290 units current draw dip into inverter territory.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Would you be comfortable with an air conditioner that uses a highly flammable refrigerant?

Postby Ted_v2 » June 2nd, 2019, 10:35 pm

all these numbers and letters but no sr20 or rb25 i am disappointed

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 2nd, 2019, 11:33 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:all these numbers and letters but no sr20 or rb25 i am disappointed
It eh ozone friendly

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 3rd, 2019, 12:08 am

So when can I try one of these?

For an explosion to occur, you need to have an optimal mix of fuel and air.. so even if there is a small leak, that does not mean anything will catch fire / explode. Once there are benefits to using this type of refrigerant, I'd go for it.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 3rd, 2019, 7:40 am

Right now its just talks about acquiring it.

The option is available but manufacturers seems to have shyed away from it because of its compatibility straight across the board. Instead, they opt for something new that cannot service r22 units.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 24th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Nervewrecker, you ever hear about people gassing up car A/C with cooking gas? Serious question. I hear about a man in Penal who doing it.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 25th, 2019, 7:33 am

Gladiator wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:Do any advantages outweigh the possibility of explosion?

In order for an explosion to occur you must have combustion, for combustion to occur you must have oxygen. No system has anything besides refrigerant in it (at least properly installed ones).
If for some reason someone was to go up to the evaporator with an ice pick or the likes and bore a hole in it, the refrigerant charge of an appropriately unit sized for that room is too small for an air-fuel mix that allows for combustion.
Energy consumption is under 2/3 that of conventional units.

The advantages are more related to the environment, propane being non - ozone depleting and non global warming. The efficiency is relatively the same as R410.... don't let the marketing fool you.

The other main advantage is that it can be used as a drop in replacement for R410. So you can still use your old AC and pump propane in it.

Far from the truth.

R290 is compatible with mineral and POE lubricants. It can be retrofitted into R22 systems easier because operating pressures are similar to it.

R410A operating pressures are almost double that of r290.

https://www.agaseurope.com/media/2411/r ... -chart.pdf

R-410A requires a pressure of approx 118 PSI for 5 degrees C

https://www.agaseurope.com/media/2670/r ... -chart.pdf

R-290 requires a pressure of approx 67 PSI for 5 degrees C

https://healthinnovationweekdc.com/r22- ... emp-chart/

R22 requires a pressure of 68 PSI

Because the charge / amount needed to do the same job is smaller it has a lower current draw on the compressor.

You will need to change the metering devices on R410a systems to accommodate it if its capillary tube type or the operating pressures will not allow for phase change.

R 290
Global warming potential = 3
Ozone depletion potential = 0

R 410A
Global warming potential = over 2000
Ozone depeltion potential = 0

I have in fact compared a 410A unit to an R290 unit side by side, same capacity. The R290 does in fact have a lower current draw.

I like where this discussion is going btw.
The efficiency of a system has much more to it than just the system pressures. A big factor is the heat carrying capacity of the refrigerant itself.

Btw iirc higher system pressures result in increased efficiency. That is why r410 systems are more efficient than r22. If r290 has a similar operating pressure to r22 then it would be less efficient.

Please read the following paper especially section 6.2 LCCP Comparison

ARI: GLOBAL REFRIGERANT ENVIRONMENTAL
EVALUATION NETWORK (GREEN) PROGRAM�

Link...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dgqT_PdahT

GET REAL man... in TRinidad no one cares about saving the environment or energy consumption, our fvking government still imposing taxes on Hybrids and Full Electric cars, we still paying import duties and VAt on Solar or wind generating devices... and we are not offering any incentives for going green.
We are a backwards a55, law breaking society...........and that mentality will NEVER change as long as our leaders(selfish cvunts) remain pig headed and power tripped.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 25th, 2019, 8:28 am

rspann wrote:Nervewrecker, you ever hear about people gassing up car A/C with cooking gas? Serious question. I hear about a man in Penal who doing it.

Long time now, didnt know was penal however.

Ben spanna, the new era is here already. If im not mistaken most hybrid vehicles come with r1234yf which is a hydrocarbon blend. Bye bye R134A.

Refrigeration systems coming with R600.

Daikin, Mitsubishi and Godrej Eon have switched to R32 and R290.

The phasing out of R410A has already started.

Like it or not, its happening.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 25th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Well he gas up a BMW with a leaking evaporator and it burn down the next day. You can see the pics in the accident thread.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 25th, 2019, 1:30 pm

rspann wrote:Well he gas up a BMW with a leaking evaporator and it burn down the next day. You can see the pics in the accident thread.

Wtmc

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 25th, 2019, 3:02 pm

I don't really care TBH.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 25th, 2019, 3:29 pm

R290 is indeed propane but 99 percent pure, not cooking gas that has a lot of impurities.

Lunch time some guy at Wilog talking about he don't want the new refrigerants here how it flammable. Maybe he should take a read here and get trained.

I welcome it with open arms.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”