Forums

Looking For Professional Auto AC Technican

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Looking For Professional Auto AC Technican

Postby R.P.J » June 11th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Tuners Am Looking For Professional Auto Air Conditioning Technican or Company To Work On A Fleet Of Vehicles. Mostly Nissan and Hyundai.

Proper Knowledgeable Honest People.

Nobody Who Gasing Your System By Guessing and Looking At The Gauge.
And Saying "that good dey"

Must Have A Refrigerant Scale To Measure The Desired Amout Of Gas Back In Your System, Update Equipment

Properly Capable Of Diagnosing.

Thanks.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Looking For Professional Auto AC Technican

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 11th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Did you check the list of registered air-conditioning technicians that has been published regularly in the newspapers the past few months?

http://nou-tt.blogspot.com/p/profession ... r-rac.html

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 11th, 2019, 9:32 pm

R.P.J wrote:Tuners Am Looking For Professional Auto Air Conditioning Technican or Company To Work On A Fleet Of Vehicles. Mostly Nissan and Hyundai.

Must Have A Refrigerant Scale To Measure The Desired Amout Of Gas Back In Your System, Update Equipment

Thanks.

A few things:

Have men out here doing auto ac and says the high side port is not for use, just blank it off.

Have men saying oil is oil and use mineral oil in systems with R134A.

A system does not loose refrigerant unless there is a leak of some sort, so systems never need "gassing" as most opt to do as the first thing (or "top up")

One can use a scale but where a system had lost refrigerant for some odd reason there is no way to use a scale to measure back in the refrigerant unless you know how much is in there already (unless you recover and charge from scratch). If you charging from scratch the scale is the most accurate method but if you know what you about you can do it the old fashioned way.

If you know the refrigeration cycle troubleshooting and diagnosing is more or less the same straight across the board. I have worked on auto, domestic, commercial, chilled water, refrigerators, cold storage etc etc etc, 12V DC, 24V DC, AC 110v, 220V single and 3 phase as well as 440V 3 phase and its the same across the board.

Can provide references from customers that I have done work for so you can verify my expertise.

Usually, I dont do auto but if its a fleet to manage, i'm down for it.

https://www.facebook.com/ParsotanAC/

Have a look at my page and see if I make the cut.

Yes there is a permit, iirc I was like the second person to register to sit the exam. reason for not sitting it....time....and a lying pastor told me it was scrapped so I didnt worry about it. All so he can go write it on the down low. Only earlier this year I found out it was still there, spoke with Mr. Simon from NTA to confirm and he said NOU is now overseeing the certification. Saw the questions they take from for the exam, I writing it with my eyes closed. :evilbat:

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » June 11th, 2019, 10:07 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
R.P.J wrote:Tuners Am Looking For Professional Auto Air Conditioning Technican or Company To Work On A Fleet Of Vehicles. Mostly Nissan and Hyundai.

Thanks.

A few things:

Have men out here doing auto ac and says the high side port is not for use, just blank it off.

A system does not loose refrigerant unless there is a leak of some sort, so systems never need "gassing" as most opt to do as the first thing (or "top up")

One can use a scale but where a system had lost refrigerant for some odd reason there is no way to use a scale to measure back in the refrigerant unless you know how much is in there already (unless you recover and charge from scratch). If you charging from scratch the scale is the most accurate method but if you know what you about you can do it the old fashioned way.

If you know the refrigeration cycle troubleshooting and diagnosing is more or less the same straight across the board. I have worked on auto, domestic, commercial, chilled water, refrigerators, cold storage etc etc etc, 12V DC, 24V DC, AC 110v, 220V single and 3 phase as well as 440V 3 phase and its the same across the board.

Can provide references from customers that I have done work for so you can verify my expertise.

Yes there is a permit, iirc I was like the second person to register to sit the exam. reason for not sitting it....time....and a lying pastor told me it was scrapped so I didnt worry about it. All so he can go write it on the down low. Only earlier this year I found out it was still there, spoke with Mr. Simon from NTA to confirm and he said NOU is now overseeing the certification. Saw the questions they take from for the exam, I writing it with my eyes closed. :evilbat:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:Did you check the list of registered air-conditioning technicians that has been published regularly in the newspapers the past few months?

http://nou-tt.blogspot.com/p/profession ... r-rac.html
Dont go through the daily's but please share some more information

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » June 11th, 2019, 10:08 pm

nervewrecker wrote:

Thanks.

A few things:

Noted.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 11th, 2019, 10:13 pm

King Kool @ San Juan

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 11th, 2019, 10:24 pm

R.P.J wrote:Dont go through the daily's but please share some more information

There is a body overseeing an exam and a series of prerequisites in order to get what they call a permit (for now). The idea is to have a body of technicians that are of a certain standard and capable of doing the correct thing.

There are 3 groups:

Domestic

Commercial

Auto

They are trying to get a certain number before they push for it to become law and be called a licence like there is for wiremen.

The idea behind it is everywhere have HVAC system and everyone seems to be a technician now. Take a drive around a day and notice how much pickup trucks rolling around with refrigerant tanks and ac equipment in the tray. More than half of them "trying a thing" and have no idea of what is proper procedure and / or why they doing x, y and z. Also, a background check done on these individuals to make sure its safe to let these people in your house. A certificate of character is a prerequisite.

There is an exam to sit in order to obtain the permit. The exam tests your knowledge on what you doing, what you can do and how to do it.

Right now its free, but they are looking to put into place a fee to sit the exam.

90% of the problems out here are technician error because they dont know what they doing.

Another thing is that R410A is being phased out in favor of HC (hydrocarbon type) refrigerants. These are extremely flammable and if they go about trying to install these in the manner they currently do, they building a bomb. These refrigerants are here already btw and are in use.

The body overseeing the exam is also trying to eliminate these potential mishaps when these systems start coming in here on a larger scale. Take a look at Daikin and Mitsubishi site, they are using R32 which is a hydrocarbon blend. I think Australia is widely using R290 in vehicles and 134A is being replaced with r1234yf in some places. There is another proposed refrigerant as well but I cant remember it off-hand.

Imagine in this day and age men still putting down ac and dont have a vaccume pump or know what a micron gauge is. The scale was a widely used piece of equipment for charging inverter type systems until some brilliant individual (me) figured out a much easier way to get the job done and probably just as accurate if not more accurate.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”