TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Motorola G6 Phone problems

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Sheriff!
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 269
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 7:44 am
Location: Some Where Out There Shouting "All'uh Buy Zorce From Meh Na"
Contact:

Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Sheriff! » June 13th, 2019, 9:01 am

My wife let her Motorola G6 power down and die completely now the phone refuses to boot or charge. I have tried the numerous methods online. Anyone had the similar model and problems and got it fixed? Who would you recommend to carry it to be serviced?

Advertisement
User avatar
wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13129
Joined: May 18th, 2004, 9:38 am
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby wagonrunner » June 13th, 2019, 11:46 am

sounds like using 1A charger, when you should be using a 2.1A

User avatar
Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS
Posts: 3360
Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:11 am
Location: Second star to the right.

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 13th, 2019, 11:51 am

Are you using the oem charger and cable? Verify the charger actually working.

I have the G5, G7 and X4 and have let them go very dead several times with no issues.

User avatar
maj. tom
punchin NOS
Posts: 4948
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: Zoo Station

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby maj. tom » June 13th, 2019, 11:56 am

Are you using the charger that came in the box? Did you let it charge for about 3 hours and see if it got anything?

Check and see if there is damage to one of the USB pins in the phone. Sometimes the port can get clogged with lint and dust and then the user roughs it up when plugging in the cable. You can carry it to a mall cell phone repair outlet and they can just use a tester to check for current flow on the pins.

User avatar
Blaze d Chalice
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 373
Joined: April 14th, 2019, 11:35 am

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 13th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Just make when you leaving your phone 'overnight' to fix, you take the necessary measures next thing 'rude' photos from the phone appear in the public.

User avatar
Sheriff!
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 269
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 7:44 am
Location: Some Where Out There Shouting "All'uh Buy Zorce From Meh Na"
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Sheriff! » June 13th, 2019, 5:42 pm

She did not use the original charger. I even used a 3amp charger and no luck.

User avatar
Sheriff!
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 269
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 7:44 am
Location: Some Where Out There Shouting "All'uh Buy Zorce From Meh Na"
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Sheriff! » June 13th, 2019, 5:43 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:Just make when you leaving your phone 'overnight' to fix, you take the necessary measures next thing 'rude' photos from the phone appear in the public.

hahahah for sure

User avatar
Sheriff!
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 269
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 7:44 am
Location: Some Where Out There Shouting "All'uh Buy Zorce From Meh Na"
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Sheriff! » June 14th, 2019, 6:03 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:Are you using the oem charger and cable? Verify the charger actually working.

I have the G5, G7 and X4 and have let them go very dead several times with no issues.


Apparently it's a common problem with most motorola smart phones.

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12452
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: @fsociety

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 14th, 2019, 9:00 am

Never me and motorola again. The new build quality is not like motorola of old.
Bought a 64gb G5 plus a couple years ago. Screen started flickering badly then lost backlight completely within a couple months. The amazon warranty was out the window by then, but the manufacturer offered to repair - but I would have had to stand the cost to send it up and ship it back, which I feared would have meant double tax in my ass.

I said fuckit and got a cheap samsung j7 instead.

User avatar
maj. tom
punchin NOS
Posts: 4948
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: Zoo Station

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby maj. tom » June 14th, 2019, 9:32 am

yes Lenovo really took the reputation of Motorola Mobile down the toilet. Not me again too with Lenovo-Motorola builds.

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9450
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby pete » June 14th, 2019, 9:35 am

I guess the problem with budget phones is that sometimes they have defects like this. I also have a G5 and it has been quite faithful to me. Had a moto G, then a G3 (which is sitting right on my desk with a defective charge port) and now this one has been fine for two years.

User avatar
Sheriff!
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 269
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 7:44 am
Location: Some Where Out There Shouting "All'uh Buy Zorce From Meh Na"
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Sheriff! » June 14th, 2019, 10:04 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Never me and motorola again. The new build quality is not like motorola of old.
Bought a 64gb G5 plus a couple years ago. Screen started flickering badly then lost backlight completely within a couple months. The amazon warranty was out the window by then, but the manufacturer offered to repair - but I would have had to stand the cost to send it up and ship it back, which I feared would have meant double tax in my ass.

I said fuckit and got a cheap samsung j7 instead.


sigh realized that

User avatar
Sheriff!
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 269
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 7:44 am
Location: Some Where Out There Shouting "All'uh Buy Zorce From Meh Na"
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Sheriff! » June 14th, 2019, 10:04 am

maj. tom wrote:yes Lenovo really took the reputation of Motorola Mobile down the toilet. Not me again too with Lenovo-Motorola builds.

we burn to learn.

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12452
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: @fsociety

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 14th, 2019, 10:10 am

It was a shame because that phone had incredible battery life, ran most of my mobile games beautifully and with 64g internal storage and a 64g sd it was basically set for a long time.
Cost to replace screen locally was the same price as the replacement Samsung so I cut my losses and said not me and prime phones again.

Sent from my SM-G610M using TriniTuner mobile app

MicroSMD Lab
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 4
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 1:56 pm

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby MicroSMD Lab » June 14th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Do what Maj.Tom said. If you could get your hands on a jewelers eye loupe it would help a lot. Clean with rubbing alcohol, lint free cloth (glasses cloth) wrapped around a paper clip or similar small rigid item, allow 30-40 mins to try and try charging again.

User avatar
Sheriff!
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 269
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 7:44 am
Location: Some Where Out There Shouting "All'uh Buy Zorce From Meh Na"
Contact:

Re: Motorola G6 Phone problems

Postby Sheriff! » June 14th, 2019, 3:35 pm

MicroSMD Lab wrote:Do what Maj.Tom said. If you could get your hands on a jewelers eye loupe it would help a lot. Clean with rubbing alcohol, lint free cloth (glasses cloth) wrapped around a paper clip or similar small rigid item, allow 30-40 mins to try and try charging again.

noted

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests