Forums

Boy, 4, dies after being trapped in school bus

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Boy, 4, dies after being trapped in school bus

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » July 8th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Anyone have info on the incident at San Fernando Hospital, news reported said a 10 month old child in serious condition?

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 9th, 2019, 11:45 am

Joshie23 wrote: Sunday, July 7th 2019
Dear Tuner,

I read your comments and I have but one simple question for you. Do you have any children? I anticipate your swift response.

Regards,

A father.

No I don't.
But don't leave me hanging and say "Then I am not qualified to speak"

Because I in no way said the bus driver was NOT to blame, I am just saying that there may be other issues that if not looked at, may lead to it happening again.

AlliDr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby AlliDr » July 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
Blaze d Chalice wrote:But I would still like to hear what the other children passengers say too.
If he was on a end seat, someone would have had to pass over him.
If he was by the window, the person next to him didn't call him out?
Where he was, in the back seat by himself?

And why is the child sleeping away on the bus? - Why didn't he get a good night sleep?
The home/parents should be investigated as well.

I saw many people beat up over the choice of the picture the news used, saying how they could have used one where the child was not looking so angry, but was there any?

I know some people will say I being mean, but that is the reality we living in.

Sunday, July 7th 2019

Dear Tuner,

I read your comments and I have but one simple question for you. Do you have any children? I anticipate your swift response.

Regards,

A father.

@ Blaze d Chalice
I think this is Joshie23's main issue....You can't honestly want to investigate/blame the parents because it is your opinion that the child did not get a good nights sleep.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Well someone mentioned after that it is alleged the child was sick, so the mother maybe gave him medicine which made him drowsy.

But on the other hand there are many cases of young children 'sleeping away' in bus/maxi/classroom because daddy was beating mammy, or parents/others interfering with the child, and child couldn't sleep etc.

Not every child you see sleeping away in school was watching cartoon network and boomerang late at night.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 9th, 2019, 3:36 pm

dese tings duz happen close tuh a general election wen a certane party in power. in 2006 d lil boy and lil girl was killed( i will not call their names) an 2007 was general elections. dis an kidnapping for ransom. check allyuh history.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 9th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Ama­ra Rea­son, the two-year-old girl who was struck by a ve­hi­cle in Ari­ma on Sat­ur­day has died.

The tod­dler, who was in crit­i­cal con­di­tion and on life sup­port at the Er­ic Williams Med­ical Sci­ences Com­plex Pae­di­atric Hos­pi­tal in Mount Hope passed away at about 3.30 am.

Ac­cord­ing to a po­lice re­port, the in­ci­dent oc­curred short­ly af­ter 10.15 am on Sat­ur­day along La Re­treat Road, Ari­ma.

Po­lice said the dri­ver, aged 29 of the Nis­san Fron­tier van said he was dri­ving when the child ran out from among a group of peo­ple on­to the road in front of his ve­hi­cle.

Ama­ra sus­tained mas­sive in­ter­nal and ex­ter­nal in­juries in­clud­ing haem­or­rhag­ing to the brain, a bro­ken col­lar bone, frac­tures of the ver­te­bral col­umn and lac­er­a­tions to the liv­er.

This was the sec­ond in­ci­dent in four days fol­low­ing the death of two-year-old Ter­raci­na Ariel Meina Mooni­lal who was killed af­ter she was run over by a truck in front of her home in Waller­field.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » July 9th, 2019, 4:14 pm

The extent of injuries suffered by this innocent as reported last evening made her survival difficult with huge possibilities of loss of function.
Again another painful loss to deal with.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 18th, 2019, 6:45 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/18/bus-dr ... fwZ_wGlp9E

Bus driver charged in Isaiah's death [pic in link] ^^^

A 31-year-old Couva woman is expected to appear at the Couva Magistrates Court on Friday to face charges of manslaughter in the death of three-year-old Isaiah Hazel.

Police said the woman Sherry Smart was charged on Thursday after investigators received instructions from the Direction of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to charge her with manslaughter.

Hazel died on July 4 from hyperthermia and dehydration after being left in a bus driven by Smart.

Investigators sought advice from the DPP last Saturday but were told to release her pending further enquiries.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 20th, 2019, 11:52 am

Rovin wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/18/bus-driver-charged-in-isaiahs-death/?fbclid=IwAR1LCZBFKMszUvepQ0g4Fxsdg5wyDrECrzs16ckvw7-z0Y-WvfwZ_wGlp9E

Bus driver charged in Isaiah's death [pic in link] ^^^

A 31-year-old Couva woman is expected to appear at the Couva Magistrates Court on Friday to face charges of manslaughter in the death of three-year-old Isaiah Hazel.

Police said the woman Sherry Smart was charged on Thursday after investigators received instructions from the Direction of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to charge her with manslaughter.

Hazel died on July 4 from hyperthermia and dehydration after being left in a bus driven by Smart.

Investigators sought advice from the DPP last Saturday but were told to release her pending further enquiries.

she dun gorn, dem so duz have family up d islands in grenada and st vincent. she musbe leave on a small boat so it go have no records and fire for the child family.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 23rd, 2019, 9:06 am

Bus driver gets $150,000 bail

Charged with unlawfully killing child

THE Couva bus driver who was expected to appear before a magistrate on Thursday in connection with the death of her three-year-old passenger Isaiah Hazel has been granted $150,000 surety bail.

Sherill Smartt, the mother of three who lives at Cemetery Street in Couva, yesterday faced Couva magistrate Christine Charles who read the charge. The charge alleged that on July 4 at the Southern Main Road in California, Smartt unlawfully killed Isaiah.

It was laid indictably and she was not called upon to enter a plea.
Attorney Louis Andrews represented the 31-year-old accused and in his application for bail said she had no previous convictions or pending matters.

Prosecutor Sgt Lincoln Bonnett did not object to bail being granted. He told the magistrate he has to write to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions for a state attorney to prosecute the case.

The magistrate granted the surety bail and adjourned the case to August 12, at which time the prosecution is expected to disclose the summary of evidence.

On Thursday, Sgt Richardson Elvin of the Homicide Bureau Region III laid the charge and Smartt was expected to appear before a Couva magistrate that same day.

But when police went to her home to serve her the charge papers, she could not be found and calls to her phone went unanswered.

Newsday learnt that she gave herself up to police yesterday and was later taken to face the magistrate.

Preschoolers found Isaiah, fondly called “Zay Zay” unresponsive on July 4 on the floor of the school bus driven by the accused woman.

An autopsy later said he died of hyperthermia caused by extreme heat and dehydration.

It is believed the boy fell asleep on the bus in the morning, and the driver thought all the children had been dropped off at their schools. When she returned to collect the children, they found the boy and she fainted.

She later had a panic attack and was hospitalised for some days. After doctors discharged her from the San Fernando General Hospital, police arrested and later released her.
https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/23/bus-dr ... 0000-bail/

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 23rd, 2019, 9:43 am

I still feel bad for the driver
If she does make jail, the reality is the system failure that led to the child's death still won't be dealt with

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 23rd, 2019, 10:55 am

it was an accident - happened in other countries too , locking her up wont bring back d ppl child or give dem jostiss

maybe some community service so it wont look like she get off scot-free ....

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 23rd, 2019, 1:11 pm

Send she laventille or Beetham to drive school bus.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 23rd, 2019, 1:31 pm

rspann wrote:Send she laventille or Beetham to drive school bus.

what would that accomplish?

Drea
Sweet on this forum

Postby Drea » July 24th, 2019, 2:59 pm

MG Man wrote:I still feel bad for the driver
If she does make jail, the reality is the system failure that led to the child's death still won't be dealt with

Agreed, everyone is so focused on "justice" and "punishment" for the driver but at the end of the day it doesn't bring the child back. Very unfortunate, but in reality it was an accident (a horrible one at that). The end result will be even worse, with 2 families broken, because this woman has 3 kids of her own.

Can't imagine waking up one morning as a normal person, citizen never breaking any laws, then in moment's notice your life is screwed up and being charged for manslaughter. :|

But how many weeks have passed and no one has come forward to implement or talk about safety mechanisms to ensure this doesnt occur in the future? In the US the Amber Alert came about from a missing child why are we always slow on the uptake?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”