Forums

The personal protection/self defense thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

The personal protection/self defense thread

Postby 88sins » July 16th, 2019, 8:46 am

Ok, so since criminal conduct in this place seems to be badly out of control with little to no reprieve in sight, & the criminal element in our society ever evolving new strategies to conduct their nefarious business & misdeeds, I got to wondering why there isn't a thread to where ppl can share pointers and tips on how to help persons avoid becoming a victim of both violent crime & non violent crime (murder, rape, assault, robbery, larceny, fraud etc)
So in this thread, if you have any pointers you'd like to share that can help persons safeguard themselves, their loved ones & their property, feel free to share them here. Anything at all, no matter how big or small an insight you can provide. Because a tactic one person knows about but thinks might be insignificant, could very well be the critical piece of knowledge necessary for another person trying to save their own life.

If we all share our knowledge, tactics, practices and insights, and what you share might just save life, or you may learn something that can help keep you safe.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: The personal protection/self defense thread

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 16th, 2019, 9:12 am

Anti survelliance to and from home, when you go out etc

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » July 16th, 2019, 7:35 pm

When you come to a red light, leave some space ahead of you incase you hadda get space to digs out.

Ever notice that's what the amalgamated security trucks do?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 16th, 2019, 7:48 pm

very good gents.
keep them coming.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 16th, 2019, 7:53 pm

Separate your house keys from your car keys bunch. If they come for your car they don't get your house keys.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » July 16th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Be alert especially when heading home, keep an eye out for vehicles following. Hit high beams when entering driveway and do a quick scan for persons who may be hiding. Be ready to jump out open gate and jump back in vehicle, keep the fiddling to a minimum.

The small pocket lysols can come in handy for those who are afraid to get pepper spray.

There are martial arts and self defense schools, join one.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 16th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Lysol u say

Hyperion
Riding on 17's

Postby Hyperion » July 16th, 2019, 8:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsE_m2 ... ImeNWh84mw

Active Self Protection, one of the better YouTube channels, he breaks down real life robberies, shootings etc.

be aware of transition zones where you are vulnerable, entering and leaving your house/car, red lights, grocery stores, etc, look for attack cues, etc

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » July 16th, 2019, 9:03 pm

kstt wrote:Separate your house keys from your car keys bunch. If they come for your car they don't get your house keys.

People do this? :shock:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 16th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Reverse into your driveway so you can see the entrance in front of you.

Remove the light connected to your motorized gate. Someone from a distance can see it or the reflection and mark you.

Dome cameras as they 360 degree and covert.

Have cameras installed in your car to record while driving and parked.

Check out wearsafe from air support tactical - https://www.airsupport-tactical.com/wear-safe

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 16th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Any one of the 24 disciples mentioned by Mr. Adijah in the song below.

https://youtu.be/Ind6vCIeEM0

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 16th, 2019, 10:16 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Be alert especially when heading home, keep an eye out for vehicles following. Hit high beams when entering driveway and do a quick scan for persons who may be hiding. Be ready to jump out open gate and jump back in vehicle, keep the fiddling to a minimum.

The small pocket lysols can come in handy for those who are afraid to get pepper spray.

For those afraid to get pepper spray, make your own. Youtube will guide you.

Keep them around the house and away from children. Even have the solution in a water gun if you like.

Tactical flashlights with a strike bezel can come in handy.

Also your alarm system in your car. Friends remember if you make it inside your car safely, you want to lock the doors asap. Practice either manually locking your doors the split second you close the door, or have a feature that locks the door as soon as your car starts. This bullsheit with starting the car and the doors auto locking a while after driving is unsafe.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 17th, 2019, 7:41 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Be alert especially when heading home, keep an eye out for vehicles following. Hit high beams when entering driveway and do a quick scan for persons who may be hiding. Be ready to jump out open gate and jump back in vehicle, keep the fiddling to a minimum.

Always have a plan,if you live in a dead end street always make sure no one is behind you when swinging into your street have a point where you can drive into just prior to your street and turn around to ensure youre not being followed.
When you reach home dont be quick to unlock your doors before making sure no on is in your yard hiding.
Have your premisis well lit, cameras and alarms are good to encourage criminals to target someone else.
As for the Lysol- BAYgon or any local Bug spray is more lethal(combined with a lighter is even better) , then again I prefer BLEACH kept in a spray bottle in your car, spray directly into your attackers eyes- it WILL DO some damage!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 17th, 2019, 7:52 am

If possible let someone know your movements i.e. where you're going, how to contact you etc.

Walk with a fully charged phone and make sure yuh have money on the account. Mightn't be such a bad idea to invest in one of those portable battery banks as well.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » July 17th, 2019, 8:03 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:When you come to a red light, leave some space ahead of you incase you hadda get space to digs out.

I do this as well. If possible, I also try to avoid coming to a complete stop when approaching a red light.

mero

Postby mero » July 17th, 2019, 10:38 am

Ben_spanna wrote:As for the Lysol- BAYgon or any local Bug spray is more lethal(combined with a lighter is even better) , then again I prefer BLEACH kept in a spray bottle in your car, spray directly into your attackers eyes- it WILL DO some damage!

*collecting gun butt to head*

"Pass the forking keys now bai before I kill yuh mc"!

*Draws for lighter and BOP/bleach whilst being in extreme pain, shock and disoriented*

Bess advice here padna, keep it coming

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » July 17th, 2019, 11:09 am

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 17th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Don't arrive and leave home at the exact time everyday.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 17th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:When you come to a red light, leave some space ahead of you incase you hadda get space to digs out.

I do this as well. If possible, I also try to avoid coming to a complete stop when approaching a red light.

I does see men rushing and overtaking to stop at a red light..If I'm at a distance and I see amber, I just life my foot of the gas and coast to the lights, by the time I reach, green lights are there and just accelerate accordingly.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » July 17th, 2019, 4:02 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

I does see men rushing and overtaking to stop at a red light..If I'm at a distance and I see amber, I just life my foot of the gas and coast to the lights, by the time I reach, green lights are there and just accelerate accordingly.

Exactly. Coasting is the safest way to do it. One thing that I'm always paranoid about though is a drive-thru. Idk if there are any bandits scouring 2NR :lol: but seriously..has anyone else thought about that? Being robbed while stuck in a drive-thru..

Snyper
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Snyper » July 17th, 2019, 6:00 pm

I got a 1 Litre of Hydrochloric Acid

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » July 17th, 2019, 6:30 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Exactly. Coasting is the safest way to do it. One thing that I'm always paranoid about though is a drive-thru. Idk if there are any bandits scouring 2NR :lol: but seriously..has anyone else thought about that? Being robbed while stuck in a drive-thru..

i feel like the men lining up for kfc does be more grimy than the bandit

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 17th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Snyper wrote:I got a 1 Litre of Hydrochloric Acid

Jokeyness! Iz fuming H2SO4 in dey MC!

whiteliver
Street 2NR

Postby whiteliver » July 17th, 2019, 9:09 pm

have a well trained dog to be at your gate when leaving and entering your premises ...

zoomedic
Sweet on this forum

Postby zoomedic » July 17th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Put Jesus in your life

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 17th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Become PM/ AG/ Min of Nat Security , get a personal armed police detail and forget about crime and criminals.

Except when election time comes around and I need their votes.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 17th, 2019, 11:14 pm

I don't stop at no red light after 10pm anywhere..highway,POS,in my area,out of the area..camera or not.If someone in front of me going to stop,I going and overtake.Last year I was coming down the rivulet when I noticed a few empty beer cases on the road around the first corner.I passed them comfortably not thinking much about it.I passed the second corner and same thing again.Now I began to think something was up.Coming down the stretch full speed just before 1975 and as I about to turn into the corner,one setta beer case on the road so is either I hit the cases and damage the bumper or try to avoid and go down the ravine so I choose the former and only the paint was taken off.Luckily the front lip in my car made the car low because if it was a van,those cases were surely flying up and causing some serious damage.When I got home I started thinking to myself,what are the chances that all the empty beer cases fall right side up.Later on that same week,I saw a video where some T&TEC workers in Chaguaramas discovered spikes nailed to the road and someone driving through Woodland I believe where they were throwing balloons filled with paint at your windscreen.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » July 18th, 2019, 12:04 am

best thing to do is wear them isis bomb vest and when he approach just open it up and say oh well that makes the two of us.. he sure speeding off :lol: :lol:

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » July 18th, 2019, 9:46 am

I do these, although I'm fully aware if a man pulls up with a gun and say gimme everything yuh mc, I will fully oblige, only in life or death would I take action.

1. I attend Krav Maga classes.

2. When walking to my car, dominant hand is always free and in my pocket as I do carry a pocket knife and always scanning around and especially behind me.

3. To tie into the above I never park in any dark/lonely areas, if I can't get a decent park, I wait.

4. As mentioned before, never fiddle when walking to any door (car or home) have your keys out and the appropriate one(s) ready.

5. Just in general I avoid any grimey looking places and places that harbor said grimey crowd.

6. As soon as you enter your car and by extension home, lock the door behind you.

7. I have the android app called Tasker, made a task that with the press of a button or certain text message received, the phone will send an SMS to specific persons in my contacts giving them steps to track my phone to find said phone and by extension me. I know this may not work but always stack the odds in your favor.

8. This one will come later but as soon as Gary makes it easier for regular law abiding citizens to possess pepper spray, tasers and firearms etc I'll invest in those.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 18th, 2019, 12:31 pm

Krav maga with Boodram^??

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”