this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Giant African Snail?

Postby nervewrecker » September 5th, 2022, 6:03 pm

pugboy wrote:started with curry fruits
Started with bucket of beer.

You leave buckets of beer around and indians from far and wide will flock to your abode.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2022, 6:43 pm

the question is when will curry snail become kosher ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 5th, 2022, 6:44 pm

Now see a red hawk on the road eating one this evening. Level slam on d road to mash up the shell, and swallow it in one shot

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 6th, 2022, 7:25 am

88sins wrote:Now see a red hawk on the road eating one this evening. Level slam on d road to mash up the shell, and swallow it in one shot
Daz wah we talking about

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 6th, 2022, 8:26 am

i feel the guts of them thing loaded with bacteria
they way they rot and stink immediately just like a rat
slugs on the other hand decompose and dry up very cleanly

so whoever cooking them need to clean them good

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 6th, 2022, 8:48 am

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 6th, 2022, 9:06 am

pugboy wrote:i feel the guts of them thing loaded with bacteria

If they cooking to sell den dem eh hadda clean it good. Dey jus hadda cook it long enuff and put enuff seasoning lol

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 6th, 2022, 9:06 am

nervewrecker wrote:
pugboy wrote:what is caimate ?
caiman is commonly eaten, not sure what is caimate
Caimet, proper name star apple I think.

Soft smooth skin, size of an orange. Some are purple when ripe, some are green. Has a fleshy to jellylike insides that's clear to white with a few black seeds like sapodilla. Stains up your skin real bad, recommend rubbing some coconut oil around your mouth prior to eating.

It's amazing of how much how many don't know. A guy bought some "monkey apple" for us about a week or two ago. One guy come asking me what it is, if I get one, if is a joke or something.

Had a coworker didn't know what mamesepote was either. Someone bought one for us. Goes without saying I lick down the whole thing while my city slicker feel we pranking him. Idiot knew about dongs, went and eat mancheneel (sp). Nearly kill he ass
"lordddd" faddahhhh

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 6th, 2022, 10:16 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:i feel the guts of them thing loaded with bacteria

If they cooking to sell den dem eh hadda clean it good. Dey jus hadda cook it long enuff and put enuff seasoning lol
Thats the difficult part.The longer you cook snail,the stiffer it gets.Them ting does flash fry in garlic butter.Unless you like the texture of cooked gizzard,then power to you.I don't like gizzard

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 6th, 2022, 11:32 am

i had some river conch the other day and it was exactly like gizzard
sea conch gets rubbery but not like gizzard

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 6th, 2022, 12:39 pm

pugboy wrote:i had some river conch the other day and it was exactly like gizzard
I say was just me.

I don't like the river conch at all. Sea conch on the other hand, yum yum

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 6th, 2022, 12:47 pm

Sound like allyuh had some African snail

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 6th, 2022, 1:48 pm

what yuh don’t know ain’t pass yuh

Phone Surgeon wrote:Sound like allyuh had some African snail

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 12th, 2022, 7:18 am

Ministry may bring back Thiodicarb in African snail fight

The Agriculture Ministry has been reviewing a pesticide containing Thiodicarb to deal with the Giant African snail, as the pesticide has shown increased success in other parts of the world, but alternative plans are also being developed for implementation within the coming weeks.

This was the word from Minister in the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries Avinash Singh during Friday’s sitting of Parliament.

Singh said that in 2020, the Pesticide and Toxic Chemical Control Board advised that the active ingredient Thiodicarb in liquid formulation was not registered for use to control snails and should be removed as a recommendation by the ministry.

“However, the ministry’s Research Division has been reviewing this pesticide, as its effectiveness in treating with adult and juvenile snails, as well as the eggs, has shown increased success in other areas across the world... we’re currently reviewing the success at our local Research Division. This is one of the most effective baits in the control of the Giant African snail,” Singh said.

“Accordingly, a request has been made to the board to review bait with the active ingredient Thiodicarb. The intent is to utilize bait with this active ingredient to control the snail population. We’ve written the board to have that incorporated in the ministry’s programme of dealing with the Giant African snails and are currently awaiting a response. As soon as we get clearance from the board, this bait will be incorporated in our programme.”
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/ministry-may-bring-back-thiodicarb-in-african-snail-fight-6.2.1544240.1a6d154c7a

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 12th, 2022, 7:23 am

well I have been spraying it with much success compared to previous efforts with the bait. Did the entire perimeter about a month ago. Haven't seen any big snails in weeks. The poison killing their eggs and stopping the cycle, saw a few baby snails last week but they disappeared soon after, I think the spray still has a residual effect. If i see any more big ones i'll spray again.

But the warning about Thiodicarb toxicity is serious. Only to be used as a last resort in a well controlled manner and area because it's deadly to everything in the environment from insects to fish to mammals.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 12th, 2022, 7:48 am

how long does it last ?
it is same family as the Thiovin which carlsen chemicals selling a while now and put up a vid of thousands being killed with banana bait

guess you dont have much cockroaches and other crawlers hanging around anymore

maj. tom wrote:well I have been spraying it with much success compared to previous efforts with the bait. Did the entire perimeter about a month ago. Haven't seen any big snails in weeks. The poison killing their eggs and stopping the cycle, saw a few baby snails last week but they disappeared soon after, I think the spray still has a residual effect. If i see any more big ones i'll spray again.

But the warning about Thiodicarb toxicity is serious. Only to be used as a last resort in a well controlled manner and area because it's deadly to everything in the environment from insects to fish to mammals.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 12th, 2022, 7:56 am

The literature says every 2 weeks, but I think that's meant for farmers in huge fields with airplane crop dusting. I have sprayed about 4 times, about 3 to 4 weeks apart, and only the last time a month ago I did the whole perimeter. I really haven't seen a big one for a while. They probably lurking on the spray border. It's all about controlling the unseen and undetectable eggs which leads to the exponential growth if unchecked. Bait doesn't do that.

My neighbour sprays malantine (sp?) and it's really noxious and toxic. I vomit already from that smell. The Thiodicarb has no smell when sprayed really, only has a bad smell in the bottle while concentrated.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 12th, 2022, 8:06 am

so you just spray a barrier on the ground around perimeter

malathion is the stuff the corporations use for mosquitos
stinks indeed

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 12th, 2022, 8:29 am

I spray normal all the bush, by the water tanks, cane patch, fig patch, anywhere with moisture.
But last time I also went around the entire place from the outside fence to create the border.

So no new ones coming in for now until it wears out, but it also finally became effective enough so that that current ones inside would have died and stopped the eggs from either being laid or hatching. What I have noticed is that when it's mixed really diluted, they don't die instantly, but continue slugging along and eating along like normal. But a day later they're dead. And there's always a white residue when the solution dries up that forms the physical border even at low concentration mix. You know once the snail crosses it, the poison got in them and will affect them. This won't last too long, I think in a few weeks again I might start seeing large ones again and have to spray again.

Basically why slug bait (Metaldehyde) is ineffective is because the mechanism of action is death of molluscs by dehydration. This means that any live eggs inside them are still safe in their shell capsules. Thiodicarb on the other hand, every molecule of it inhibits acetylcholinesterase activity which is a neurotransmitter. It's analogous to Sarin nerve gas which is why it's so deadly to everything else. So the snail dies at the cellular level and the eggs are definitely killed even if they remain inside the snail upon death.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 12th, 2022, 8:50 am

maj. tom wrote:I spray normal all the bush, by the water tanks, cane patch, fig patch, anywhere with moisture.
But last time I also went around the entire place from the outside fence to create the border.

So no new ones coming in for now until it wears out, but it also finally became effective enough so that that current ones inside would have died and stopped the eggs from either being laid or hatching. What I have noticed is that when it's mixed really diluted, they don't die instantly, but continue slugging along and eating along like normal. But a day later they're dead. And there's always a white residue when the solution dries up that forms the physical border even at low concentration mix. You know once the snail crosses it, the poison got in them and will affect them. This won't last too long, I think in a few weeks again I might start seeing large ones again and have to spray again.

Basically why slug bait (Metaldehyde) is ineffective is because the mechanism of action is death of molluscs by dehydration. This means that any live eggs inside them are still safe in their shell capsules. Thiodicarb on the other hand, every molecule of it inhibits acetylcholinesterase activity which is a neurotransmitter. It's analogous to Sarin nerve gas which is why it's so deadly to everything else. So the snail dies at the cellular level and the eggs are definitely killed even if they remain inside the snail upon death.

Interesting. Will look into this. Heavy toxicity a little concerning. But can’t stand them snails

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 12th, 2022, 10:00 am

j.o.e wrote:
maj. tom wrote:I spray normal all the bush, by the water tanks, cane patch, fig patch, anywhere with moisture.

Interesting. Will look into this. Heavy toxicity a little concerning. But can’t stand them snails
I think the method with the banana+beer+ tiovin seems best as you can choose a spot to concentrate their arrival and make clean up a lil easier

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 12th, 2022, 10:03 am

I've seen persons post in the local agri groups that 4% Metaldehyde kills the snail slowly and so also kills their eggs. The 6% they realize they're dying and release their eggs

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 12th, 2022, 10:38 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:I've seen persons post in the local agri groups that 4% Metaldehyde kills the snail slowly and so also kills their eggs. The 6% they realize they're dying and release their eggs
So basically, the thiovin is the best option

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 12th, 2022, 11:05 am

pugboy wrote:i had some river conch the other day and it was exactly like gizzard

black conch rare now.
Had a time you coulda pull up by almost any roti shop and get a wicked conch roti.

Now you might get lambie.

Given the GAS invasion, I don't want conch unless I see the shell and clean it myself.

Conch has a sweet spot in terms of cook time. Either flash cook to keep it tender, or braise low and slow with plenty liquid.

Too dry and too much heat and you'll end up with curry polyurethane

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 12th, 2022, 11:10 am

Nah man
It rel black conch up ortoire side
Saw at least 5 vendors last week

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 12th, 2022, 11:45 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Nah man
It rel black conch up ortoire side
Saw at least 5 vendors last week

mmmmmmmmm, yuh go make me drive quite dey for that yes.
Conch from that side has a completely different taste than from the west coast. Maybe it's all in my head.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 12th, 2022, 12:36 pm

I saw a guy selling plenty black conch in debe namdevco market thursday
it is alleged south parts of the gulf more polluted

there is a guy by caroni roundabout who has heaps of the brown ones, allegedly from venez

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 12th, 2022, 1:37 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

I think the method with the banana+beer+ tiovin seems best as you can choose a spot to concentrate their arrival and make clean up a lil easier

Considering this ….. might bury a small paint bucket for them to fall in. Just studying the rain we getting these days

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 12th, 2022, 1:45 pm

Down by me is 6-10 you might see a day. I just dosing their MC with straight table salt and that killing them right dey. Not a pinch eh. almost a good 1/2 cup for the big ones.

Salt cheap

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 12th, 2022, 1:47 pm

I basically sprinkle the blue bait pellets every couple weeks. I just have a 5k sq ft property so it's not a big area to deal with
So far, it's largely under control

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”