Forums

Sabga upset over facebook, tax-free online shopping

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Sabga upset over facebook, tax-free online shopping

Postby matr1x » August 16th, 2019, 8:58 am

You know what's funny? Locals getting replaced by vene in their companies and their response is often for locals to be more competitive.

When the shoe is on the other foot, they crying.

Sabga the like engage in activities that are less than legal....but let's keep that one there...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 16th, 2019, 9:19 am

sMASH wrote:stock price appreciation will go to the company and the investors.... NOT the salaried workers, lol. unless they hold stock in the business too.

Well where did I discuss anything BUT direct/indirect shareholders?

Point here is that in the office he holds-if he went down the route that 88 went-as correct as it is-he would be chastised.

Its a business-shareholders ALWAYS need someone ELSE to blame.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 16th, 2019, 9:32 am

and we are saying that, dont bring up talk about taxing facebook, to make it in any way limited access to people!!! dont even look in that direction, far less for treading down that road.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 16th, 2019, 9:35 am

matr1x wrote:You know what's funny? Locals getting replaced by vene in their companies and their response is often for locals to be more competitive

Hahahahahhahahaha truth

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 16th, 2019, 10:10 am

sMASH wrote:stock price appreciation will go to the company and the investors.... NOT the salaried workers, lol. unless they hold stock in the business too.
Yep, why should ordinary citizens care if he buys some solar farm in Costa Rica unless they are share holders.

Good luck to him but don't dictate how ordinary folk live

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 16th, 2019, 12:57 pm

88sins wrote:to get back to the topic
IMHO, norman is in fact an idiot that can't stand competition & isn't smart enough to figure out how to evolve the company into an active competitior in mainly digital world of communications. That ain't nobody's fault but his, & maybe his parents.

So, GML made a $11M loss. Who's fault is that? How could it be the fault of fb, when they are not based in the country, & when locals prefer FB's offerings over GML's? Why should he have an issue with whoever using FB to do whatever, and FB not paying any taxes in T&T, when FB have no infrastructure here and use zero resources here? Did he consider that since we're in hard times & EVERYBODY feeling it, ppl going to want to avoid spending & some will stop their subscriptions while others will look for avenues for cheap or even free avdertising & marketing? Did he consider that is only really the older heads that utilize the Guardian, & that they are becoming fewer & fewer as each year passes?

Like i said, imho that fella is an idiot.
This is what gets me. People always saying that young people need to learn to adapt. So what if they can't get a job with the three degrees they have? They need to adapt and find a niche to make it on their own with zero capital.

Now a multi-millionaire feeling the pinch of a changing market and his first complaint is to blame his failure on his competitor. Why doesn't he adapt? Look at starting capital he has. He is clearly one of the top businessmen in the country. Top business mind and seemingly unlimited capital? What is he complaining for?

(I still think they should find a way to generate some revenue from taxing tech companies that work here though, but I have no sympathy for him in this situation. Everybody feeling the pinch and almost everybody have less to work with)

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 16th, 2019, 1:08 pm

88sins wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Why clog up the system with annual license applications? How is that going to be enforced. Just legalise it and spend all the money on education. Doesn't it hinder mental development in adolescents? Have certain restrictions if anything (like must be in an area protected by a lock, like a cage so kids cant sprang any, and let give officers the authority to inspect and sieze if it does not meet the standards. No need to get a bunch of paperwork involved.

I'm really mostly afraid of how it is going to be decriminalised as well though. I believe the only reason they are taking this long is because they are trying to figure out how to corner the market first.

Well for starters, marijuana usage, just like driving, is a privilege, not an absolute right. so if one wishes to utilize the privilege, a nominal fee for a license isn't a big deal. that fee can help to pay for things we may need down the road, like rehab for those that become addicted & wish to quit, or medical expense purposes that will eventually arise from the increased number of ppl in future that may suffer from smoking related illnesses. Enforcement wouldn't be easy, but it wouldn't be impossible either, & it'd be easier to enforce on outdoor growers. TTPS passes by & spots a plant, stops & asks for your license to grow, if you don't have a license, they sieze your plants.

now, since you mentioned that it can hinder the mental development of minors, I gonna post this & I know this is something ppl don't like to hear & tend to disbelieve.
Marijuana abuse does indeed negatively effect the mental faculties of humans, both adults & minors alike. Addiction, lack of ability to focus, slurred speech, inability to or delayed response time in processing information are some of the negative effects of abuse of the drug. But that said, in small amounts, there are some benefits to it's use.
Drinking alcohol is a privelage, not a right. So is eating cupcakes. So is having sex. So it watching TV. It being a privilege does not automatically warrant government interference. If you require licenses you end up with 1 of 2 scenarios.

1. Poor enforcement. If this is the case then what is the point of the license in the first place?
2. Good enforcement. Think about the resources this would require. You really feel you would have any kinda money left over for anything else? You need to rent/ buy and office. Pay office staff, overheads, travelling officers, company vehicles (or enough for people to use personal vehicles). Then you looking at people being able to use this as a means to abuse their power (like fire arm license). What if somebody pass and ask for a license and the person say the home owner have a license but they not home and they don't know where it is. You going to illegally harrass them or waste time and money following up?

Honestly, I don't see all the beatup about this. We know it was made illegal for certain people to profit and to have an excuse to lock up black people and mexicans in the US back in the 30's. Why are we all of a sudden pretending like the law ever made sense?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 16th, 2019, 1:15 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Yep, why should ordinary citizens care if he buys some solar farm in Costa Rica unless they are share holders.

Good luck to him but don't dictate how ordinary folk live

Again-can you show where he dictated how any one should live?

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » August 16th, 2019, 3:53 pm

FB revenue comes by advertising, their *goods* being sold to Trinidad consumers are ads, however unlike GML they don't remit taxes on their revenue to TT government but some shady offshore tax haven nor do they employ TT persons in their generation of revenue.
They should actually move to tax them and Amazon and others like France.

That being said given how money allocated here bess yuh still give Amazon and FB dan GML cuz if it eh end up paying rent to a friend building it go end up buying goodies to buy votes in impoverished areas or just plain in somebody bank account but definitely not into upgrading our failing infrastructure all over d country.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 16th, 2019, 3:57 pm

he did not say outright 'dictate' how we should live.

but his comments shows an unease with Facebook's presence in our jurisdiction, but not being taxed, compared to his/their media house.
if one was to extrapolate that sentiment, there is a possibility of a tax placed on them operating in our domain, and that be presented to the consumer.
given that our government saw it fit to implement the OPT which has an effect of making online purchases less competitive with purchasing from the local resellers, and that ajit pai ended net neutrality in America, which would lead some providers to have tiered access to info online, the precedents are there for policies implemented that would restrict free access to certain sites and various info.

so, before that is allowed to take root, his sentiment is noted, and movements monitored.

that is the essence of a watchdog mentality

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 16th, 2019, 11:44 pm

Only the 1% could cry about money, and they have more money than everyone combined.

Rumors swirling that the matouks girl has some pics circulating.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » August 17th, 2019, 6:25 am

Ent it had some rumor a couple years back that said this Matouks girl get a cut ass from junior sammy son's gyul?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 17th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Friends,

I’ve noticed day by day the jealousy over the 1% is growing.....mostly from sufferers.

But we need to stop counting the 1% money. Remember the 1% are here to make money. By them being many steps ahead of the game and make a easy 100 million, it dont meant allyuh deserve a slice of the cake....or even a red cent.

But deep down allyuh love the 1%......cuz its allyuh that make them prosper.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 17th, 2019, 6:12 pm

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

I’ve noticed day by day the jealousy over the 1% is growing.....mostly from sufferers.

But we need to stop counting the 1% money. Remember the 1% are here to make money. By them being many steps ahead of the game and make a easy 100 million, it dont meant allyuh deserve a slice of the cake....or even a red cent.

Nope i stop supporting them years ago.

I do my best to buy nothing associated with then.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 17th, 2019, 8:43 pm

My belt tight since a decade now.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 17th, 2019, 10:50 pm

zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Friends,

Nope i stop supporting them years ago.

I do my best to buy nothing associated with then.

Unfortunately zoomie baby, your lack of support goes unnoticed.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 17th, 2019, 11:07 pm

It's not sufferer to show that corruption got them to where they are now. Only way to handle this is French revolution style.

Jealous, because they have been using drugs and people trafficking to build their wealth?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 18th, 2019, 7:15 am

And every real estate owner loves the demand that the national laundry creates to keep real estate prices up.
We are a narco economy ....get over it

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 18th, 2019, 10:51 am

Redman wrote:And every real estate owner loves the demand that the national laundry creates to keep real estate prices up.
We are a narco economy ....get over it
Only Trini fools sell their lands.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 18th, 2019, 1:21 pm

matr1x wrote:It's not sufferer to show that corruption got them to where they are now. Only way to handle this is French revolution style.

Jealous, because they have been using drugs and people trafficking to build their wealth?

French revolution?? Amongst Trinis? Hahahahah. Not happening my brother. - No unity, No togetherness, no WE.

Who exactly using drugs and trafficking to build wealth? Need to see proof bro.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 18th, 2019, 2:31 pm

MaxPower wrote:
matr1x wrote:It's not sufferer to show that corruption got them to where they are now. Only way to handle this is French revolution style.

French revolution?? Amongst Trinis? Hahahahah. Not happening my brother. - No unity, No togetherness, no WE.

Who exactly using drugs and trafficking to build wealth? Need to see proof bro.
It can happen here, but only a certain section of people can be programmed to revolt.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 18th, 2019, 3:09 pm

Gg is those kinds of people, final solution.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » August 19th, 2019, 12:00 am

RIP matrix; goodbye and good riddance

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 19th, 2019, 7:00 am

randolphinshan wrote:

RIP matrix; goodbye and good riddance
Matrix told you that there folk who lick thess peoples arses.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » August 19th, 2019, 10:38 am

What Trinis get out of Facebook on a daily basis, (news, gossip, entertainment, attention, basically half their life on Facebook now) is far more than what Facebook gets out of this rock. Not even to mention "free" calling and messaging via WhatsApp. Trini have it good.

Facebook can make all the money it want. 1% just vex they can't find a way to skim off the public.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 19th, 2019, 11:04 am

DTAC wrote:What Trinis get out of Facebook on a daily basis, (news, gossip, entertainment, attention, basically half their life on Facebook now) is far more than what Facebook gets out of this rock. Not even to mention "free" calling and messaging via WhatsApp. Trini have it good.

Facebook can make all the money it want. 1% just vex they can't find a way to skim off the public.

Man make 300Million profit in 6 months, underpays his workers and still crys

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » August 19th, 2019, 1:32 pm

DTAC wrote:What Trinis get out of Facebook on a daily basis, (news, gossip, entertainment, attention, basically half their life on Facebook now) is far more than what Facebook gets out of this rock. Not even to mention "free" calling and messaging via WhatsApp. Trini have it good.

Actually TT probably being heavily monetized by FB as an A/B testing ground for gauging ppl reactions whether for introducing a new internal feature or for as a gullible user-base to resell to 3rd party advertisers for data analytics firms just like CA.
We easily influenced , have lots to say without sense and love to post private info on a public forum so is the like the ideal combination to perform any shady human manipulation tests which FB famous for either doing themselves or having 3rd parties doing it then claim they didn't know.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » August 19th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Steups bout heavily monetised.

Some of alluh really have a sense of self importance yes.

Trinidad population is little over 1.3 million people. Let us say that 400,000 people have active accounts. You really think that FB, one of the wealthiest companies in the world cares about what 400,000 trinis doing on facebook?

Facebook probably made in a weekend what it took Ansa to make in 6 months. Norman grouse is with the internet and not facebook.

All this goes to show is that outside of tnt, they can't compete because they bring no value to the table. Without protectionism and political patronage they would be out of business within a year

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » August 19th, 2019, 2:10 pm

daxt0r wrote:

Actually TT probably being heavily monetized by FB as an A/B testing ground for gauging ppl reactions whether for introducing a new internal feature or for as a gullible user-base to resell to 3rd party advertisers for data analytics firms just like CA.
We easily influenced , have lots to say without sense and love to post private info on a public forum so is the like the ideal combination to perform any shady human manipulation tests which FB famous for either doing themselves or having 3rd parties doing it then claim they didn't know.

Lol not even close

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 20th, 2019, 4:44 am

Drugs found in one of the 1% houses on the islands, anyone?

Then again pnm ppl so dumb that they try their best to copy the 1%...but most don't know how to read.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”