Forums

WASA Service Connection

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Re: WASA Service Connection

Postby Jerry84 » September 10th, 2020, 7:39 pm

It's actually a good idea but the 12 month penalty will apply despite having to wait more than 12 months for a connection. And this is hoping the have a moratorium anytime in the near future. I applied in 2017 and received my connection in March 2020. I weighed the option and decided it was worth paying the retroactive payment seeing that I needed water.
I went in multiple times and was given the usual run around. Apparently contractors no longer do new service connection and it's done by in house employees. And the CEO or director of operations need to approve all new service connections and they have a back log of over 1200 applications.

Best of luck for anything happening soon.
death365 wrote:a "good Plumber" will fix it ... then wait for the correct time and go to wasa to regularize

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 10th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Wait you have to wait 3yrs (2017-2020) for a proper WASA connection?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 10th, 2020, 10:45 pm

Did you not read anything above?
Yes
Ppl waiting 2-3 years for water
Numb3r4 wrote:Wait you have to wait 3yrs (2017-2020) for a proper WASA connection?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 11th, 2020, 9:17 pm

How come you don't hear about that?

Would the connection of more customers help WASA's financial troubles or would it just accelerate the problem with its infrastructure?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 12th, 2020, 6:24 am

Well its not a majority thing, most ppl have water either legally or illegally.
While in theory WASA could get revenue for water rates, due to their current system of over employment, its actually costs them more to send a tractor, road cutter and crew to connect your water then to fix the road they just dig. So they prefer delaynand stall and tell you that is the "normal timeframe"
Numb3r4 wrote:How come you don't hear about that?

Would the connection of more customers help WASA's financial troubles or would it just accelerate the problem with its infrastructure?

venom21
Street 2NR

Postby venom21 » September 12th, 2020, 9:38 am

I'm working wasa, and in charge of doing leaks and new service connection for a central area and the truth is wasa broke as fack, they dont have materials to do new service connections, when they do get materials we keep it to do leak repairs, i do have some customers who purchased there own materials for the new service connections and i do the connections behind the scene but we dont encourage it because we can get into trouble for allowing customers to do so since they already paid for a connection.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 12th, 2020, 11:25 am

huh yeah that reminds me. A junction was clogged along my supply and my water was trickling. Calling WASA 2 years and when they finally came last year, they cut the connection, flushed it with a compressor and told me to buy the connectors in the hardware for them to fix it back. And what could i do? Refuse and get no water? Yes it was a 10 man job, with only 2 doing the actual work, and the rest lazing around on my bench in the shade.

And needless to say the problem wasn't fixed btw. Water still trickling, but at least the tanks can fill.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 12th, 2020, 12:28 pm

venom21 wrote:I'm working wasa, and in charge of doing leaks and new service connection for a central area and the truth is wasa broke as fack, they dont have materials to do new service connections, when they do get materials we keep it to do leak repairs, i do have some customers who purchased there own materials for the new service connections and i do the connections behind the scene but we dont encourage it because we can get into trouble for allowing customers to do so since they already paid for a connection.
Bookmarking

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 12th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Thanks folks.

With WASA being broke as f**k I assume you mean that they are burning through their income streams with every other expense and then don't have any money left over for expenses related to its core business.

Mowally
Street 2NR

Postby Mowally » September 15th, 2020, 10:10 pm

I got a call today for a site visit, which of course happened today. Guy didn't want to give me his tel#. He said sit tight, I'll get a call from head office on when to come in to organise connection. So my question is how long now I've to wait for this "office call". When I went in the Kew place a few weeks ago, they said connection could take a few months... to a Year!! I need water on my site as of yesterday.

Mowally
Street 2NR

Postby Mowally » September 15th, 2020, 10:30 pm

venom21 wrote:I'm working wasa, and in charge of doing leaks and new service connection for a central area and the truth is wasa broke as fack, they dont have materials to do new service connections, when they do get materials we keep it to do leak repairs, i do have some customers who purchased there own materials for the new service connections and i do the connections behind the scene but we dont encourage it because we can get into trouble for allowing customers to do so since they already paid for a connection.

2nr brother, I'm waiting on a scene with my bro-in-law cousin. But if that fails, can I pm you my tel#. My family really needs this service, I applied in January. I really wanted water on my property by Christmas. But I'm a person of faith, so Whatever advice you have for me I'll digest it :drinking:

venom21
Street 2NR

Postby venom21 » September 16th, 2020, 7:36 am

Mowally wrote:

2nr brother, I'm waiting on a scene with my bro-in-law cousin. But if that fails, can I pm you my tel#. My family really needs this service, I applied in January. I really wanted water on my property by Christmas. But I'm a person of faith, so Whatever advice you have for me I'll digest it :drinking:

depends on if it is located in central area i will see what i can do.

star23
Street 2NR

Postby star23 » October 26th, 2020, 3:44 pm

venom21 wrote:
Mowally wrote:

Question : Is there some type of permission letter you receive after being approved for wasa connection allowing you to dig and run your poly tubes lines along the road side etc that leads to the main to get the final connection ?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 26th, 2020, 3:50 pm

When you apply and pay, they come do a site visit/feasibility study, then the will tell you where to run the pipes and set up the yard-tap trough.
Then....you kick-back and relax a 2years for yuh water
star23 wrote:
venom21 wrote:
Mowally wrote:

Question : Is there some type of permission letter you receive after being approved for wasa connection allowing you to dig and run your poly tubes lines along the road side etc that leads to the main to get the final connection ?

venom21
Street 2NR

Postby venom21 » October 26th, 2020, 7:57 pm

star23 wrote:
venom21 wrote:
Mowally wrote:

If it requires passing through another person property, a "way leave form" is required where the land owner grants permission, via signing the form for you to pass through their property. If is the road side ,approval should be granted from town and country i believe but nobody really takes that on. so not sure about the roadside.

On another note, we recently started a drive on new service connections in my area (central) from oldest come forward so most of the new service in my area are almost completed, not sure for other areas thou.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 29th, 2020, 5:03 pm

venom21 wrote:
star23 wrote:
venom21 wrote:
Mowally wrote:

If it requires passing through another person property, a "way leave form" is required where the land owner grants permission, via signing the form for you to pass through their property. If is the road side ,approval should be granted from town and country i believe but nobody really takes that on. so not sure about the roadside.

On another note, we recently started a drive on new service connections in my area (central) from oldest come forward so most of the new service in my area are almost completed, not sure for other areas thou.

Things really have changed(for the worst), I applied and got my water connection so far in advance than when I went to actually connect my polytubing, a "neighbour" had "sold" my connection to another homeowner :shock: :lol:

Mowally
Street 2NR

Postby Mowally » October 30th, 2020, 2:46 am

De Dragon wrote:
venom21 wrote:
star23 wrote:
venom21 wrote:
Mowally wrote:

Things really have changed(for the worst), I applied and got my water connection so far in advance than when I went to actually connect my polytubing, a "neighbour" had "sold" my connection to another homeowner :shock: :lol:

Well that's great news brodder. (re: new connections) I realll sticking tho. My place is off the EMR in Laventille. I was advised to go St. Joseph to get things expedited. Anybody in particular I've to ask for?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 30th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Mowally wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
venom21 wrote:
star23 wrote:
venom21 wrote:
Mowally wrote:

Well that's great news brodder. (re: new connections) I realll sticking tho. My place is off the EMR in Laventille. I was advised to go St. Joseph to get things expedited. Anybody in particular I've to ask for?

Wish i could help, but I don't know anyone there

3niScientist
Riding on 13's

Postby 3niScientist » December 19th, 2020, 7:21 pm

Sad that everybody has accept this bs as normal. I applied May of 2019 for my land in Central, Waterloo. in July of 2020 they came to do the site visit and told me all set. I immediately did my standpipe and went back in. Here we are in december, nobody has come to follow up. Been to every office, st. joseph, couva and chaguanas everyone keeps saying "wow this shouldn't take so long. let me forward to whoever and have them look into it" like a rehearsed song for them at this point. I understand they're just CSR so i don't get too upset with the BS. The last one i visited on december 14th said that if noone come in 2 weeks then come back in... so which essentially gives no hope. Someone help me out please (v_v)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”