TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re:

Postby alfa » February 21st, 2021, 11:16 am

MaxPower wrote:
alfa wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
pugboy wrote:i ain’t go lie this ful thing have the whole country obsessed
every time it come up it’s the same talk of who and how to get a gun and who have connections

not to mention the stupid talk every time by gg and sandra like this time saying more women need to apply

lewwe be honest no legal gun carrying female taking taxi

And once they establish your only means of transport is taxi you will not be approved.

Its very hard for the honest poor family man to get approved.

Hello Max,

I agree with you. Hope you keeping well and behaving a good boy.

Unfortunately firearm ownership was and will always be seen as being exclusively for the upper class in this country. I recall some years ago attending a certain rifle association in south and they actually had a weekly event called the businessman's shoot, it's almost as if it's sacrilegious to them for anyone else to be allowed to own a pistol.

Btw Max is a good guy, just a lil misguided that's all

Hello alfa,

Thank you my lad and i think you’re a great guy as well. I agree that i may be a bit misguided at times, but its through prominent members as yourself that i can try to learn and understand new perspectives. I may take a while to catch on to somethings but i assure you the effort is there.

Having said that, do you see any significant increases in approvals for FULs outside the upper class?

I know one hunter who got his without paying a thing but had to file a lawsuit against the last commissioner before he got through as his papers were in for a decade and no response. I have seen an increase in FULs in the upper class and the upper middle class who previously were blanked outright over the decades but sadly nothing for sufferers. Ironically it's the middle class who needs it the most. Millionaires in gated communities are safe either way

VII
punchin NOS

Re: Re:

Postby VII » February 21st, 2021, 11:21 am

The attitude is much better up north..they are very welcoming and you meet a broad cross section of firearm owners users etc,from older gentlemen retired from the public service etc even taking public transport to regular guys struggling with their lil family like many to the regular well off boys club guys to the hunters etc to men who haven't gotten through but hoping to get through,to policemen letting you try out some of dem big ting to some fine ladies with their lady glocks and kahrs always been great vibes up north..

Really and truly its mostly men who daddy etc buy it tend to have an entitled and bad attitude and are the high risk men who would probably fire in the club etc..everyone else are just fellow shooters with mutual respect no matter socio-economic status..

alfa wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
every time it come up it’s the same talk of who and how to get a gun and who have connections

not to mention the stupid talk every time by gg and sandra like this time saying more women need to apply

And once they establish your only means of transport is taxi you will not be approved.

Hello Max,

Unfortunately firearm ownership was and will always be seen as being exclusively for the upper class in this country. I recall some years ago attending a certain rifle association in south and they actually had a weekly event called the businessman's shoot, it's almost as if it's sacrilegious to them for anyone else to be allowed to own a pistol.

Last edited by VII on February 21st, 2021, 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 21st, 2021, 11:31 am

If he had to file a lawsuit...money had to spend...he end up.paying one way or the other lol
alfa wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
alfa wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello Max,

Hello alfa,

Thank you my lad and i think you’re a great guy as well. I agree that i may be a bit misguided at times, but its through prominent members as yourself that i can try to learn and understand new perspectives. I may take a while to catch on to somethings but i assure you the effort is there.

Having said that, do you see any significant increases in approvals for FULs outside the upper class?

I know one hunter who got his without paying a thing but had to file a lawsuit against the last commissioner before he got through as his papers were in for a decade and no response. I have seen an increase in FULs in the upper class and the upper middle class who previously were blanked outright over the decades but sadly nothing for sufferers. Ironically it's the middle class who needs it the most. Millionaires in gated communities are safe either way

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 21st, 2021, 11:32 am

They still have that

It was 2 or 3 weeks ago I think
alfa wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello Max,

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: "Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby pugboy » February 21st, 2021, 2:31 pm

long ago hunters and country landowners would get a shotgun easy

now it’s very rare for those reasons
the “normal” ppl who get shotguns now are as addition to their existing

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 21st, 2021, 2:58 pm

Team,

Whats the going rate to fast track a variation?

VII
punchin NOS

Re:

Postby VII » February 21st, 2021, 3:07 pm

MaxPower wrote:Team,

Brent Thomas would get that done for you no cost just buy the new firearm from him and you get to keep the old one until the new ones approved.. and everything above board.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

"Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby MaxPower » February 21st, 2021, 3:13 pm

VII wrote:

Brent Thomas would get that done for you no cost just buy the new firearm from him and you get to keep the old one until the new ones approved.. and everything above board.

Thanks mate, was just curious.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re:

Postby alfa » February 21st, 2021, 4:28 pm

MaxPower wrote:
VII wrote:

Thanks mate, was just curious.

From what I know your are now not able to apply for a variation within a year of being issued an FUl and are only allowed two pistols and a shotgun in total. A 22 rifle is considered a pistol. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 21st, 2021, 4:36 pm

Wrong
Allowed up to 4
I think 4 plus a shotgun

Variation taking like a 2 or 3 weeks

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 21st, 2021, 6:00 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Wrong
Allowed up to 4
I think 4 plus a shotgun

Variation taking like a 2 or 3 weeks

2 or 3 weeks through the normal process?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 21st, 2021, 6:27 pm

the south dim sum dealer getting you a pistol and shotgun in one shot(no pun intended)
processing fee of course

brent thomas have some eye candy wukking behind the counter

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 21st, 2021, 7:07 pm

Hmmmmm

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » February 21st, 2021, 9:05 pm

Dem does just gee you rounds target and earplugs,dem ain care bout book..lol

pugboy wrote:the south dim sum dealer getting you a pistol and shotgun in one shot(no pun intended)
processing fee of course

brent thomas have some eye candy wukking behind the counter

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » February 21st, 2021, 9:14 pm

Lost a sweet Ruger SP-101 357 compact because I didnt know at the time I coulda vary to include it,sold it to Brent for peanuts..only fired once...was my deceased dad's,2001 .

Great back up gun for ankle holster etc..and man that thing barked..prettiest revolver in my opinion..a real work of art..complete with speed loaders and a sweet leather holster,my dad never carried it,said he dont need to carry around no gun..

Brent was all too happy to buy it for peanuts and handled all the transacting to retrieve it from the station where I surrendered it..

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 21st, 2021, 9:29 pm

Friends,

Anyone knows about the Forensics part?

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » February 21st, 2021, 9:40 pm

No one ever contacted me about that and about the wife part...maybe newer successful applicants may have gone through that.. but no one ever contacted me or even mentioned it when paying yearly permit..

Been in the system since 1999 wasnt even 30 yet.. no bribes and never changed my original Laventille address...:wink:
Last edited by VII on February 21st, 2021, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 21st, 2021, 9:52 pm

With the new applications they are asking for a letter of consent from the wife.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re:

Postby alfa » February 21st, 2021, 10:24 pm

MaxPower wrote:With the new applications they are asking for a letter of consent from the wife.

Yes they do or she could just give a statement and sign to it

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 23rd, 2021, 1:23 pm

Injustice! Cops failed to attend court for 1,800 cases in 2019

There has been a massive public outcry over the past several weeks about the failure of police officers to attend court hearings leaving magistrates with no choice but to dismiss matters that have been dragging on for years.

According to statistics from the Court and Process Branch of the Police Service, there were 1800 cases in 2019 alone where police officers failed to show up for court.

In this instalment of Injustice: A Broken System, Guardian Media spoke with two police officers who go through the process of charging suspects and preparing for court appearances. Both officers will be kept anonymous.

One explained that when a police officer charges a civilian and takes them before the court, the officer becomes the “police complainant.” They are now responsible for compiling a file with all of their evidence to hand over to prosecutors. This file, which includes witness statements, any evidence they have gathered, the statement of the accused person, the victim’s statement and the complainant’s statement, forms a key part of the state’s case against any accused person.

In its absence, cases will collapse.

The officer said while he was aware of the importance of his input in the justice system, the process was too often long and tedious.

“From a constable, the file goes to a corporal, from the corporal to a sergeant, from a sergeant to an inspector, the inspector to your Assistant Superintendent then back to the Senior Superintendent before it gets to Court and Process where the prosecutor will then get a copy of the file. But while it is moving through all of these people, everyone has their two cents to add in and they always want to send it back so it can be amended to try to make the case the stronger,” he said.

The officer said this process usually takes months and while it is ongoing, the court matter is being recalled every 28 days if the accused is in the Remand Yard or every two months if the accused is granted bail.

He said even attending court is sometimes too much for the officers after they have spent the night on duty.

“Imagine you work all night and you have to go to court in the morning and for whatever time that matter will be called, when you go to court, lawyers who are present will ask for their matters to be called first—if the person you charge does not have a lawyer, you have to wait until the magistrate is ready to call that matter because he/she will deal with all the lawyers’ matters first and then move on,” he said.

He said the length of time it takes to get case files ready also takes a toll on witnesses, who get “fed up” of waiting and refuse to testify. He said attorneys are aware of the challenges facing the officers and use every opportunity to call for their client’s charges to be dismissed.

“When they see the witnesses don’t come to court, the magistrate will make note of all of this and the prosecution is the one looking bad all this time. And the defence beating their chest and saying they were ready and the prosecution was not… the defence will always try to get matters dismissed.”

His colleague suggested a solution to the long wait for files to be approved before they can be handed over to prosecutors. He said, if files move from the complainant straight to the prosecutor, the time to get it prepared would be vastly decreased.

“I believe the justice system is too slow but the police can have a hand in fixing that, because the same way the file goes through all of these hands to get to the prosecutor, let the complainant liaise directly with the prosecutor because they would be familiar with the case, they would handling it directly in court and they have experience in court- more so than an ordinary corporal or sergeant who has no experience in the court itself.”

But in an interview with Guardian Media, Police Commissioner Gary Griffith dismissed this suggestion.

Griffith said he will not comment on the inner workings of the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions but he knows the office was already overburdened.

“That is a cop-out, where instead of doing your job, you can’t be simply trying to run to the DPP, and burden them with enormous work when we are supposed to be doing our own proper investigation. I will not accept that as an excuse, by trying to run to the DPP to try to do our own work,” Griffith said.

Griffith said he has been working on getting officers to abide by their duties since he assumed office.

“It made absolutely no sense to have such a situation because it meant that all of the work done by the police officers to investigate, arrest and charge would be of no value and obviously the reason for us doing all that would be for persons to be incarcerated and rehabilitated.”

He said in 2020, there was an 80 per cent overall improvement in the number of police officers who showed up to court.

According to information from the Court and Process Branch of the TTPS, there were 1800 cases in 2019 where police officers failed to show up to court. There were only 340 cases in 2020.

“Last year, in a few of the divisions, there was a 90 to 95 per cent reduction in non-appearance, inclusive of Port- of- Spain and the North Eastern Divisions. Overall, it was an 80 per cent reduction,” Griffith said.

He said the officers are being made to account for their absenteeism and disciplined if their excuses are not valid.

“The reason why we were able to minimise to such a high number is that we were able to put systems in place so that every single time a police officer was absent and a case dismissed for non-appearance, the officer had to account for his non-appearance.”

Griffith said the Police Service has also started appointing substitute complainants to replace the primary complainants if they are unable to attend court, so the matter can continue without delay.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/injustice-cops-f ... s-in-2019/

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 23rd, 2021, 1:33 pm

time to start charging officers for wasting court and ppl time

imagine how much money amalgamated make off of this

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 23rd, 2021, 2:26 pm

^ i hope the guy he sent officers by to interview for his comments on the death of those in custody sues for those gross intimidation tactics.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 23rd, 2021, 2:29 pm

Somewhat related but not ,I findvthst officers should face harsher penalties than covilians when charged for criminal matters.They supposed to be better than that
pugboy wrote:time to start charging officers for wasting court and ppl time

imagine how much money amalgamated make off of this

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 23rd, 2021, 2:51 pm

ent,
last week the man bawling how the particular case was from the previous cop and like everything honkydory now

redakkmooz58 wrote:how mr gary pretendin he now find out about dis???
how much he gettin pay every month to be d head of popo? only when he get sue he now find out bout dis problem? all d time he did skiinin he cnt on facebook 2 insult d public n play hero he dindt know bout dis and to fix it?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

"Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby MaxPower » February 23rd, 2021, 3:11 pm

Friends,

Despite the inefficiencies of the TTPS, let’s not ever forget the heroic SORT officers that severely dealt with the Balcon and Morris rapists. Let us also take note that they cannot be held responsible if someone dotishly fell off a chair.

You cannot expect to rape and be untouched.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 23rd, 2021, 6:15 pm

So humble
IMG_20210223_181116.jpeg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 23rd, 2021, 6:42 pm

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

You have two weeks after purchasing the firearm to present it to forensics so they can put it on their system.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re:

Postby elec2020 » February 23rd, 2021, 7:24 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:So humbleIMG_20210223_181116.jpeg

That ego. And yet still crime and rogue officers seem to be on the rise

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 23rd, 2021, 7:30 pm

elec2020 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:So humbleIMG_20210223_181116.jpeg

That ego. And yet still crime and rogue officers seem to be on the rise

every time they do crap, he does jump out one time to brace for them. obviously they would continue.
meanwhile in south, road traffic exercises have been ramped up to curb the recent spate of kidnappings and rapes.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re:

Postby pugboy » February 23rd, 2021, 7:32 pm

they talk as though ballistics gonna solve crime just like tracking dna

Phone Surgeon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Friends,

You have two weeks after purchasing the firearm to present it to forensics so they can put it on their system.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”